As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLB 2021: Dodgers/Braves Cheatros/Wahh Sox

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Can someone start beating the mets? I don't want to live in a world where they are the best team in baseball. If only because seriously the fucking mets? WHAT THE FUCK!?

As a Mets fan, this news makes me feel confused and unsure of reality.

I don't know what is going on in this world? I mean did you see Bartolo "I weight 280 pounds" Colon up there chasing down a healthy brave who isn't like dying of a heart attack? This is the guy who has tried and failed to chase down people in hot dog suits because he thought they were an actual living edible hot dog. Come on Universe stop fucking with us?

The guy he caught was AJ Pierzynski, so...getting an old-ass backup catcher isn't quite as bad as it looks initially. Also, he sucks.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Ok that's better, sort of, still pretty bad.

Also it apparently snowed in detroit and pittsburgh today. Which was good for the pirates but not for the tigers.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    More Royals tossed tonight after more bullshit, they have had 9 people tossed from games this year. Other teams in total have had 16. There needs to be something done towards the royals if this continues.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Rocks won today. Partially after a gimme run in the first from a wild Cody Ross. I will take it.

Also I feel like I live in the twilight zone with the Mets though. Like seriously wtf?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Rocks won today. Partially after a gimme run in the first from a wild Cody Ross. I will take it.

Also I feel like I live in the twilight zone with the Mets though. Like seriously wtf?

Seriously. I mean so many things wrong with it. SO MANY THINGS! My only hope for putting things right is the yankees? That hurts me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    More Royals tossed tonight after more bullshit, they have had 9 people tossed from games this year. Other teams in total have had 16. There needs to be something done towards the royalsYordano Ventura if this continues.

Seriously, about 95% of the benchclearing BS the Royals have been in this season can be traced back to that guy doing something stupid when he lost his temper, something which often bleeds over to the next couple games. I think he's had just one start that didn't end with him getting in trouble over something he started.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    According to the ESPN's the royals are embracing being "bad boys" I guess that's one way of doing things.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Angels managed to split the four game series against Oakland with a win tonight despite only having one hit in tonight's game. But when the other team fails to score and that one hit is a homerun, well alright then.

edit: Also, seriously Kansas City? You need to keep a leash on Yordano Ventura. That is three starts in a row of his that resulted in a benches clearing incident against three different teams, second game in a row he got ejected and from the looks of it tonight, he started the entire thing.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    According to the ESPN's the royals are embracing being "bad boys" I guess that's one way of doing things.

They want to be the Philly Flyers of baseball?

No one likes Philly teams KC. No one.

We were rooting for you last year, why you do this?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    eelektrik wrote: »
    Angels managed to split the four game series against Oakland with a win tonight despite only having one hit in tonight's game. But when the other team fails to score and that one hit is a homerun, well alright then.

edit: Also, seriously Kansas City? You need to keep a leash on Yordano Ventura. That is three starts in a row of his that resulted in a benches clearing incident against three different teams, second game in a row he got ejected and from the looks of it tonight, he started the entire thing.

He did start it, someone was walking to first base and he ran over and yelled go fuck yourself for some reason.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

He did start it, someone was walking to first base and he ran over and yelled go fuck yourself for some reason.

Live in KC, and the local sports guys said that they had footage that shows the other guy saying something equally nasty first (probably because he thought Ventura quick-pitched to him), though they didn't show it because

A.) You can see exactly what the other guy said, thanks to high-def, and Royals games are not rated TV-MA (yet).

B.) They were too classy to blame it on the other guy.

C.) It was still up to Ventura to keep his cool and not escalate things.

I've heard a theory in some places that the root of this (other than Ventura) is the Royal's perception (real or not) that the rest of baseball see their success last year as just a cute little feel-good story, and expect them to go back to sucking the way they have most years since '85. Royals are also still celebrating most of their big plays like it's postseason, which as mentioned in the Chris Rock vid, is something you aren't suppose to do in MLB; On top of having the most people ejected so far, they're also the second most hit team in baseball.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Foefaller wrote: »

Live in KC, and the local sports guys said that they had footage that shows the other guy saying something equally nasty first (probably because he thought Ventura quick-pitched to him), though they didn't show it because

A.) You can see exactly what the other guy said, thanks to high-def, and Royals games are not rated TV-MA (yet).

B.) They were too classy to blame it on the other guy.

C.) It was still up to Ventura to keep his cool and not escalate things.

I've heard a theory in some places that the root of this (other than Ventura) is the Royal's perception (real or not) that the rest of baseball see their success last year as just a cute little feel-good story, and expect them to go back to sucking the way they have most years since '85. Royals are also still celebrating most of their big plays like it's postseason, which as mentioned in the Chris Rock vid, is something you aren't suppose to do in MLB; On top of having the most people ejected so far, they're also the second most hit team in baseball.

I actually wouldn't mind more celebration. Don't need it to be Football levels. Game needs to keep moving.

But I mean we do have the most buttoned up games.

Hell Japan has cheerleaders.

https://youtu.be/7_izpmeXpAg

They also have like huge drum sections and like mass chants from the stands and such as well.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I dunno the M's aren't one to keep things to themselves and they don't have a bunch of bench clearing brawls...

Ventura is really just showing if hitters are having trouble with him just mouth off in his general direction he'll get himself ejected.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://deadspin.com/reports-josh-hamilton-about-to-be-traded-1700063958

Welcome your new Seattle Mariner... God I hope not our pitchers already have plenty of questionable decisions fans are gnashing our teeth over...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Welcome your new Seattle Mariner... God I hope not our pitchers already have plenty of questionable decisions fans are gnashing our teeth over...

Supposedly he might be going back to the Rangers. Honestly I'd hope it would be somewhere outside the AL West just in case he does return to form and it doesn't bite the Angels in the ass later in the season.

(She/Her)
  • Options

Supposedly he might be going back to the Rangers. Honestly I'd hope it would be somewhere outside the AL West just in case he does return to form and it doesn't bite the Angels in the ass later in the season.

Well he already returned to one type of form...

I doubt the rangers would be so stupid as to invite him back, nor would the angels want to give it to a fellow al wester. Deadspin had him going to arizona before he record scratched. I'd figure Yankee or Red Sox.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/12755211/miami-marlins-pitcher-jose-fernandez-cuba-becomes-us-citizen

Marlins do something not terrible. Good job marlins, I'm sure your one fan Raylan Givens appreciates this.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    I am still wondering what the Angels could possibly get out of the trade and how much salary of his they will have to eat to ship him anywhere else. The latter probably depends on the former, they would probably eat more of the salary if they get someone approaching decent in return. Either way should free up some room for them to find a better left fielder or DH that can actually hit somewhere.

Speaking of DH types, It is nice to see Kendrys Morales doing well for Kansas City, was still sad when he got injured as an Angel and spent a long time on the DL after celebrating a walk-off grand slam and his foot coming down wrong on home plate. Such a freak injury and he never was quite as good after that.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    I am still wondering what the Angels could possibly get out of the trade and how much salary of his they will have to eat to ship him anywhere else. The latter probably depends on the former, they would probably eat more of the salary if they get someone approaching decent in return. Either way should free up some room for them to find a better left fielder or DH that can actually hit somewhere.

Speaking of DH types, It is nice to see Kendrys Morales doing well for Kansas City, was still sad when he got injured as an Angel and spent a long time on the DL after celebrating a walk-off grand slam and his foot coming down wrong on home plate. Such a freak injury and he never was quite as good after that.

Fuck Morales... he joined the m's after the all star break last year and he was god damn terrible. Now that he's back on the Royals he's doing good again. Fuck you Kendrys!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    I'm all for the Angels looking stupid due to Hamilton, but I'm really not thrilled by the Angels-Rangers trade rumors...unless the Angels buyout his contract, in which case HAHAHAHA (ok, that's not happening :/ )

PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    I just hope the Angels get something in return even if its A ball rejects. They might do something right? Certainly more than Hamilton will in an Angels uniform at this point.

Either way if the Angels end up paying for the whole contract of someone playing for a division rival that is face palm worthy.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    San Fran is pulling their best first to last impression.

Also 3 wins in a row.

And playing San Fran makes me feel better about it some more wins.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    Wainwright went down today to a left ankle injury. Hopefully it is not too serious, but even if it is, the Cards my be able to just call Jaime Garcia off of the DL. Garcia is a pretty darn good pitcher when healthy.

In totally completely unrelated news, Mitch Harris became the first graduate of the Naval Academy in nearly a hundred years to make his major league debut.

• Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    ILMTitan wrote: »
    Wainwright went down today to a left ankle injury. Hopefully it is not too serious, but even if it is, the Cards my be able to just call Jaime Garcia off of the DL. Garcia is a pretty darn good pitcher when healthy.

In totally completely unrelated news, Mitch Harris became the first graduate of the Naval Academy in nearly a hundred years to make his major league debut.
    Adam Wainwright expected to miss rest of season with Achilles injury

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

God Dammit.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Oh god damn it.

I was watching the game and saw him limping and was like oh shit.

Whelp.

Damn it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yordano Ventura, the Royals pitcher who has caused a bench-clearing incident in 3 of his 4 starts this year, has been suspended for 7 games.

As a Royals fan, I wonder if he got off a little easy.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Foefaller wrote: »
    Yordano Ventura, the Royals pitcher who has caused a bench-clearing incident in 3 of his 4 starts this year, has been suspended for 7 games.

As a Royals fan, I wonder if he got off a little easy.

Well he still has to play for Kansas City and I think sending him to Milwaukee or Seattle would have been overly harsh.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    ILMTitanILMTitan Registered User regular
    The best consolation I have. The last time Waino went down with a season ending injury, the Cards won the Series.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    So he'll miss, what, one start?

Yeah I'd say he got off easy.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »

Starters should really be suspended for 5x as many games because they don't play every game anyway. Where someone else gets suspended for 2 games for the same thing they should get suspended for 10 so they at least miss two starts.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Man, the Angels just cannot cash in with runners on base today. Through 6 innings they have left 11 on base without scoring anything in the game yet.

edit: Finally, at least Trout managed to tie it up with a 2-run homer.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »

Starters should really be suspended for 5x as many games because they don't play every game anyway. Where someone else gets suspended for 2 games for the same thing they should get suspended for 10 so they at least miss two starts.

This is probably mitigated by the fact that starters are still extremely valuable even though they play 1/5 of the games. Each missed start is more of a punishment than a game missed by a position player.

Still there needs to be a bit of a buffer added in so that a team isn't just shifting their rotation back a day so their pitcher is only really missing a day rather than a start. Maybe add 4 games rather than multiplying by 5.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    Yep, its official now. Hamilton is going back to the Rangers and paying very little of his salary while the Angels will get either 'cash considerations' or a player to be named later.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Orioles game not happening tonight.

For obvious reasons.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    JFC, Geth

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2015/04/27/josh-hamilton-rangers-angels/26489677/

Fuck Hamilton and the fuck writer blaming his wife and california. Yeah way to take responsibility for your actions Josh.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Wainwright is out for the year. Torn left achilles.

Ugh so bad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Wainwright is out for the year. Torn left achilles.

Ugh so bad.

Well bad for the cards, but awesome for the cubs!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

For obvious reasons.

Wednesday's game is being played at 2pm. And is closed to the public.

I'm certainly not argueing the decision. Honestly I'm not sure they should be playing at all as any police presence even just enough to protect the players and staff is probably best used elsewhere. But if they HAVE to play - and for whatever reason won't relocate the game to DC since the Nats are out of town (although fans traveling to and from the game still have curfew/safety issues) - closing the game to the public seems like the best option.

That said, has a ballgame ever been closed to the public before?

Edit: also, this weekends Os-Rays series is being moved to Tampa.

APODionysus on
  • Options

For obvious reasons.

Wednesday's game is being played at 2pm. And is closed to the public.

I'm certainly not argueing the decision. Honestly I'm not sure they should be playing at all as any police presence even just enough to protect the players and staff is probably best used elsewhere. But if they HAVE to play - and for whatever reason won't relocate the game to DC since the Nats are out of town (although fans traveling to and from the game still have curfew/safety issues) - closing the game to the public seems like the best option.

That said, has a ballgame ever been closed to the public before?

God knows I've seen some mariner games that appeared closed to the public... I'm sure its happened before.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.