As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A new Bloodborne threa-ah fuck I died

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Go for like 30 Vit/20 End before anything else

Early game raising your damage stats will have little to no real impact on damage anyway

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Well shit. I've done basically the opposite. I'm at BL 50-60 and I've got 38 strength. Whoooops

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    spono wrote: »
    Well shit. I've done basically the opposite. I'm at BL 50-60 and I've got 38 strength. Whoooops

its not that big a deal, long as you don't feel like you're getting murdered by everything

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    My strategy of "just don't get hit" seems to be working so far

+8 axe helps too

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    I mean that's how I leveled my arcane characters. BL66 with 70 ARC

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Early game raising your damage stats will have little to no real impact on damage anyway

Except arcane. A few points early makes Molotovs hit a LOT harder

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    guess i should have known this all along but dex is definitely the way i play souls games. ive never been able to beat gascionne without a summon, today, solo 3 attempts, and the two deaths were just shit music box timing

in fact even in the kill i only got one off. there's weird moments where if hes in certain animations he doesnt seem to hear it

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    guess i should have known this all along but dex is definitely the way i play souls games. ive never been able to beat gascionne without a summon, today, solo 3 attempts, and the two deaths were just shit music box timing

in fact even in the kill i only got one off. there's weird moments where if hes in certain animations he doesnt seem to hear it

are you using it multiple times? I thought you could only use it once.

• Options
    I thought you could use it three times

• Options
    man im on fire. the whip cain is so good without feeling cheap like the hunter axe. two-shotted BSB (first try I used Alfred, turns out Alfred sucks tremendously).

i think i blew gascionne's daughters quest. i turned in the brooch before I technically knew about the ward, so she just cried and now the lights are out.

• Options
    man im on fire. the whip cain is so good without feeling cheap like the hunter axe. two-shotted BSB (first try I used Alfred, turns out Alfred sucks tremendously).

i think i blew gascionne's daughters quest. i turned in the brooch before I technically knew about the ward, so she just cried and now the lights are out.

Yeah, you have to never give her the brooch.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

Spoilers regarding that quest
    Best I can tell, it doesn't really matter.

She's dead regardless of what you do, all that matters is how.

Keeping the brooch gets you a crappy blood gem, giving her the brooch gets you a cosmetic item for the little spirit dudes in a roundabout way.

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Well technically you can
    keep her alive by sending her to Iosefka in some form

Still counts man

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Fizzled out right near the end of my first Bloodborne run, so I thought I'd restart and pick up the DLC. You can play that after Vicar Amelia, right? It'd be fun to pick up one of the crazy weapons. Going for a skill build this time around.

I was feeling pretty cocky after beating the Cleric Beast in one go! Father Gascoigne decided to remind me that I'm not Big Queen of Fuckoff Mountain just yet. Gonna give it a rest for the night, as I'm getting a bit tired of him kicking my shit in.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    you can technically access the DLC after Amelia, but you have to be pretty beefy. Realistically you probably need to progress up through maybe Rom before you can handle the first zone.

Jasconius on
  • Options

Keeping the brooch gets you a crappy blood gem, giving her the brooch gets you a cosmetic item for the little spirit dudes in a roundabout way.
    That "crappy" blood gem is pretty invaluable early game. You get two cosmetic items from her, one from inside the pig when you send her to Oedon and one from her murderous sister.

• Options
    summoned for vicar amelia. least favorite boss in the game. bosses shouldnt have heals like that. still not finding my parry stride, but havent needed it so far

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular

If you never talked to the daughter, she lives and her sister keeps her company. I think that interaction occurs if you wait until after Rom to visit the home.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    you can technically access the DLC after Amelia, but you have to be pretty beefy. Realistically you probably need to progress up through maybe Rom before you can handle the first zone.

Aw, nuts. Maybe I'll try and make a few suicide runs just to grab one of the skill weapons.

• Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    That's what I did for my Bowblade run.

That and a tiny bit of murder.

Worth it though.

Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options

this has really turned out to be the pro strat. i'm at 20/20 right now just after Hemwick and just ripping through everything. i think the first time i ever did hemwick it took me hours. just finished it in under 1.

also pushed djrua off the tower. i am not sure what causes him to not attack you... in my first playthrough i was able to befriend him... in this playthrough i tried twice and he was pissed at me both times (even though I killed no enemies), so I pushed him off.

maybe its because BSB is dead?

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    You have to approach Djura from the back entrance that opens after beating Paarl to befriend him

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    summoned for vicar amelia. least favorite boss in the game. bosses shouldnt have heals like that. still not finding my parry stride, but havent needed it so far

there are anti-healing vials in cathedral ward, up a ladder after the gate up the long stairs.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    You don't even have to beat Paarl to befriend Djura. You just have to get to him, and then as long as Djura doesn't spot you anywhere between the lamp and the roof you're golden.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    That's what I thought, but I approached from bsb up through the ladder shortcut behind his tower and he still hated me

• Options
    According to the wiki you have to at least approach Paarl and gain insight from seeing him for Djura to be friendly

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    oh man. poison knife strats on bloody crow... got him to 1 hit remaining, then i unintentionally got him stuck in the church door, which apparently hulks out his AI and i died. you can't shoot or throw anything at him at that point as he'll answer with a roll/shot, even if his AI is in backpedal mode

so now im out of poison knives and will

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    That's the guy in the church, isn't it? Regular cane slaps will stunlock him so you can get off a combo. There's also one of his attacks that's really easy to parry. I think it's the charge, but don't quote me on that.

One of my friends started on BB, so I picked it up again and started a new character, since I got incredibly stuck on the last one. Managed to bum-rush the Chikage and is using it and Evelyn in a Skill/Tinge build.

• Options
    are you using the cane jasc? its transformed mode outranges him and leap attacks just break his AI. its difficult but you can totally do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1sZxheBqM
    jump attack strategy as seen here, but with the reiterpallasch

• Options
    edited May 2016
    i do have the cane, he just seemed incredibly gun happy when i fought him and answered the cane every time

but the jump strat looks very promising so im gonna try that

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    i do have the cane, he just seemed incredibly gun happy when i fought him and answered the cane every time

but the jump strat looks very promising so im gonna try that

basically don't engage until he goes into 2H mode. You want to dodge him in 1H mode because he can do a roll into a gunshot and in NG it hits like a truck. once you get comfortable with the pattern of the fight take it at your own pace. its a marathon, not a sprint. you can see me get greedy in that video, I almost had it handily but almost lost it several times.

Naphtali on
  • Options
    I never tried the jump strat but just using R2 with the cane in trick mode out ranges his 2H mode perfectly. Once you get the hang of his range he's a cakewalk.

I imagine with a strength character you could hunters axe spin to win on him too.

• Options
    jump r2 strat works awesome with weapons with real long reach. I just used it on reiter because I was so used to fighting him that way and he punishes R1 trades heavily when you approach normally

• Options
    took 19 blood vials and 20 bullets but hes gone

i scored parrys four times but was chickenshit each time and didn't get the critical

after he used his blood vial he didn't go into trick mode at all, so it was a super slow burn. i was only challenging him if he didn't have the bone on. i didn't time it but I would estimate it took 5-7 minutes

• Options
    All right this is probably old as the hills but it's new to ME so have some Eileen fanart that I found. Link to original included
    na47yqdxbw78.jpg

A bloonter must bloont

• Options
    edited May 2016
    have some amazing pixel art of the great ones (edit: source)

also @Jasconius I forgot to mention, but to get djura to not attack you you have to also not attack any beasts in old yharnam or have them take damage (besides going to paarl's room once). if you set off the fire trap in the church, that will damage beasts every time you load into the zone and you'll never be able to get djura to befriend you

Naphtali on
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Wait, the girl in Hunter's Dream is a great one?

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I blew up the church and murdered everything in sight on my first run through old yharnam, came back later and made pals with djura no prob

I killed Micolash, only thing I haven't done is fuck with Mergo and kill the dickhead in the chapel who fucked eileen up, so I figured I'd get through the dlc

Ludwig is a pain in the ass. Probably most frustrating boss so far.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Nullzone wrote: »
    Wait, the girl in Hunter's Dream is a great one?

No, the thing she's holding.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Knob wrote: »
    I blew up the church and murdered everything in sight on my first run through old yharnam, came back later and made pals with djura no prob

I killed Micolash, only thing I haven't done is fuck with Mergo and kill the dickhead in the chapel who fucked eileen up, so I figured I'd get through the dlc

Ludwig is a pain in the ass. Probably most frustrating boss so far.

huh! maybe they changed that in one of the later patches (the old yharnam thing)