As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime 2015 Information, FAQ, and Q&A Thread (Ask Questions Here!)

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Thanks for the responses everyone! So long as there is at least one entrance to use, we'll be happy. Appreciate the info!

• BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    One bag might have a blue Magic starter box and another bag might have a red one, but functionally they are all the same every day. Please do NOT take multiple swag bags, that is how we run out. They also do have an allotment for each day, so if\when they run out Friday, you can try again later in the weekend.

Also no idea if they will actually have a Magic starter box this year, just used that as an example from previous years.

-Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    One bag might have a blue Magic starter box and another bag might have a red one, but functionally they are all the same every day. Please do NOT take multiple swag bags, that is how we run out. They also do have an allotment for each day, so if\when they run out Friday, you can try again later in the weekend.

Also no idea if they will actually have a Magic starter box this year, just used that as an example from previous years.

WotC does have demo decks for Magic Origins, and considering that they're taking over the whole annex this year, I'd expect the demo decks to be in the swag bags.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/arcana/magic-origins-sample-decks-2015-06-08

tw787Xr.png

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    One bag might have a blue Magic starter box and another bag might have a red one, but functionally they are all the same every day. Please do NOT take multiple swag bags, that is how we run out. They also do have an allotment for each day, so if\when they run out Friday, you can try again later in the weekend..

Then please do not allow random Cards Against Humanity packs in the swag bags. When you have a collectible set with rare cards, there is literally no way to trade into a full set starting at only 1 pack. In 2013 this led people taking as many bags as they could grab, dumping everything non-CAH out (often on the ground) then going back for more. Until there is a way to enforce one bag per person, actual value in swag bags will lead to this. I'm calling out CAH, but things like LoL skins would fall into the same category.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Taking more than one bag, regardless, is being a dick. I agree that having different things like CAH packs in the bags makes the incentive to be a dick worse, but the LoL skin codes were all the same. People being assholes for the sake of it is hard to prevent.

zerzhul wrote: »
    Taking more than one bag, regardless, is being a dick. I agree that having different things like CAH packs in the bags makes the incentive to be a dick worse, but the LoL skin codes were all the same. People being assholes for the sake of it is hard to prevent.
    My mistake on the LoL codes, they were unique in the past, I'd forgotten they no longer are. I don't think people are being dick's for the sake of it, they are doing it because it's rewarding. Pwnmeal (Prime 2014's CAH swag) is currently selling for $15 a bag on eBay. Imagine if the bags had $10 bills in them. Everyone knows it's a dick thing, but clearly that is not sufficient to stop it. Until the penalty for getting multiple bags exceeds the reward, it will happen.

• DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So, let's not have any fun, to prevent dicks from being dicks? Silly goose, why not cancel PAX entirely, I mean PAX is full of things tempting people to break rule #1.

They shouldn't remove fun things from the swag bags just to remove temptation, instead people should not be dicks, period. There have been some awesome things in those bags in the past, I don't want to lose that part of PAX (and I'm sure it helps pay for PAX to be as cool as it is to sell that advertising space).

Dreamwriter on
    So, let's not have any fun, to prevent dicks from being dicks? Silly goose, why not cancel PAX entirely, I mean PAX is full of things tempting people to break rule #1.

They shouldn't remove fun things from the swag bags just to remove temptation, instead people should not be dicks, period. There have been some awesome things in those bags in the past, I don't want to lose that part of PAX (and I'm sure it helps pay for PAX to be as cool as it is to sell that advertising space).
    Stating "people should do something" on a forum does not make them do it at PAX. Stating it in the guidebook for PAX does not make them do it either. If they want people to take only 1 bag, they need to do something besides quietly stating it to a small subset of convention goers. I see three options:
    • Control bag distribution
    • Make bags less cool
    • Have a much better campaign to get people to feel bad about it (I'm the least confident about this one)
    I of course don't actually want worse swag bags. But if they aren't controlling the bags, and people are still happy to grab piles, I don't see any other ways for them to get what they want.

• kalorrokalorro Registered User new member
    edited August 2015
    Hi, our company purchased a "PAX Rising half Pod" for our booth, but it doesn't specify the dimensions of the pod so we don't know what we're working with. Can you answer this question or relay me to a place where I can find the answer?

Also, we'd like to know when is the deadline for submitting art for our 2 banners on our half pod?

Thanks!

kalorro on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    kalorro wrote: »
    Hi, our company purchased a "PAX Rising half Pod" for our booth, but it doesn't specify the dimensions of the pod so we don't know what we're working with. Can you answer this question or relay me to a place where I can find the answer?

Also, we'd like to know when is the deadline for submitting art for our 2 banners on our half pod?

Thanks!

Those are questions best served by your sales contact at PA or Reed Exhibitions.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    Yeah, you need to contact your sales rep for that.

• jkayhatterjkayhatter Registered User new member
    My PAX badges never got delivered. According to the USPS tracking code my badges where delivered on Aug. 1st, but I never got them. I've gotten in contact with both USPS to try and track down where the package is and I've emailed [email protected] about it. The process has been going slow, which is understandable with PAX being so close, but I'm really freaking out about missing PAX just because my badge package got lost.

I would expect that others have run into this problem, but I don't know how it will get fixed. Does anyone know the process?

Usually they will tell you to bring your photo ID and confirmation to pax and they'll have you pick up badges at pax. Make sure that's what you hear from PAX though before you assume that's the case :P

• grungemungegrungemunge Registered User new member
    Does anybody know when the announcements of panels and games are going to be posted?

• SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    Does anybody know when the announcements of panels and games are going to be posted?

We do not know. There are many factors involved in finalizing everything and the powers that be want to make sure its as accurate as possible before posting.
    My guess however is that it should be up by the end of this week.

IhtGIyi.png
    I would second that guess, but it could very well be wrong.

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    I would second that guess, but it could very well be wrong.

Khoo tweeted that they're hoping to have it up 'in some form or another' by the end of this week, whatever that means.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • Red BarchettaRed Barchetta Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Merged from: Is there a tournament schedule yet?

I can't seem to find anything...

zerzhul on
    Merged from: Is there a tournament schedule yet?

Nope, not yet. It will come out hopefully with the rest of the schedule, which is hoped to hit this week.

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular

Khoo tweeted that they're hoping to have it up 'in some form or another' by the end of this week, whatever that means.

Khoo announces the schedule entirely in interpretive dance form.

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular

The schedule should be up this week.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • cursecurse Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Khoo announces the schedule entirely in interpretive dance form.

This should have been a Kickstarter stretch goal.

• davobahdavobah Registered User regular
    Just got email from actual hotel (Roosevelt) confirming reservation. So it's been passed on from OnPeak. Excited! Woo!

ewk6x7oeylli.png
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    As soon as the Schedule is live, I'll be posting supplemental info about Tabletop Tournaments, in its own thread.

• Kirby4LifeKirby4Life SumYungGuy In a cabin in the woodsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Merged from: "no guidebook yet?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't there be one up by now?? I'd like to plan my days plz. (>^~^)>

zerzhul on
    Kirby4Life wrote: »
    Merged from: "no guidebook yet?"

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't there be one up by now?? I'd like to plan my days plz. (>^~^)>
    See: this page.

• angelicstubbornessangelicstubborness Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Merged from: What kind of stuff can you get at pax?

I'm really curious. Is there a dealer hall?

zerzhul on
  • DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    There's an official Penny Arcade merch booth, generally a hall or room with board games and sundries for sale, usually two or three booths selling things like dice or old games or Japanese candy. Usually a booth or two selling things like headsets or game controllers. Bandland where you can get music CDs, a couple other webcomic artists selling books. It's a very small percentage of everything there, but there are things to buy.

Dreamwriter on
  • Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Various dealers tend to be spread out where it makes sense. There's usually an area in Expo where a bunch of more local, novelty/geeky stuff is sold. Think Geek has had a pretty large booth at the last few shows. Some of the hardware dealers usually have stuff for sale. Chessex always has a big booth, typically on the skybridge in years past. Privateer Press has been a fixture for a few years now. Past few years has seen a bunch odf retailers on the 6th floor for assorted games, accessories, etc. Behemoth always has a bunch of merch associated with their games. Etc.

Steel Fire on
  • gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    Sanshee and Fangamer are usually there too.

• Nfan10039Nfan10039 Streamer/Gamer/Developer Montreal (Seattle eventually....)Registered User regular
    Any wall scrolls?

ajor19ru24j1.png
    Just a nerd into anything Nintendo, anime, MCU, Star Wars, and board games/card games.
    Also a computer scientist and a streamer.
  • DMB2015DMB2015 Registered User new member
    My apologies if this was covered, but I didn't see it. Are badges required to be visible 100% of the time? I noticed the first post mentioned securing the badge with the safety loop of the provided lanyard, but I didn't receive a lanyard just badges. Should I BYO a lanyard? Maybe just talk to this guy... abc.go.com/embed/VDKA0_hertt4v9

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    They never send lanyards. You'll be able to get lanyards once you arrive on site (literally right as/before you walk in the doors, I know at East there are bins FULL of them), but there are occasional badge checks by security.

I bring my own, just in case.

Oh and never, EVER trust the badge clips on those things. Cow hitch the badge onto the lanyard. It won't fall off that way.

LoonyEclipse on
    My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
    They never send lanyards. You'll be able to get lanyards once you arrive on site (literally right as/before you walk in the doors, I know at East they're bins FULL of them), but there are occasional badge checks by security.

I bring my own, just in case.

Oh and never, EVER trust the badge clips on those things. Cow hitch the badge onto the lanyard. It won't fall off that way.

At South, one of the Enforcers made a skirt out of lanyards, they had so very many.

Haha, yeah, that was @omega!

Lanyards will be provided at PAX, and yes it should be visible at all times.

• liquidbreadliquidbread Registered User new member
    Hi, I received all of my day passes that I purchased in the mail last week but I did not receive my BYOC tickets. Who do I need to contact in order to receive the missing tickets?

Hi, I received all of my day passes that I purchased in the mail last week but I did not receive my BYOC tickets. Who do I need to contact in order to receive the missing tickets?
    BYOC passes come in a separate shipment, according to the folks in the BYOC thread. You could always email [email protected] though for additional clarification.

• LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    One bag might have a blue Magic starter box and another bag might have a red one, but functionally they are all the same every day. Please do NOT take multiple swag bags, that is how we run out. They also do have an allotment for each day, so if\when they run out Friday, you can try again later in the weekend..

Then please do not allow random Cards Against Humanity packs in the swag bags. When you have a collectible set with rare cards, there is literally no way to trade into a full set starting at only 1 pack. In 2013 this led people taking as many bags as they could grab, dumping everything non-CAH out (often on the ground) then going back for more. Until there is a way to enforce one bag per person, actual value in swag bags will lead to this. I'm calling out CAH, but things like LoL skins would fall into the same category.

I'll say this, some folks at east a couple of years back had a brilliant idea for the collectible issue- for the CAH cards, they actually had a trading post set up so folks could swap out their duplicates etc.- especially since the little collectible packs were ALSO able to be picked up at the CAH table (since it wasn't on the expo hall floor, but at the kickstarter lounge, I think)- so folks with duplicates could swap them out for the ones they didn't have. My friends and I greatly appreciated this

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Just a reminder - Your PAX badge is required to take part in all PAX content. That includes Tabletop Freeplay areas on the 2nd and 3rd floor, content at the nearby hotels, etc. If it's part of PAX, you need a badge. If it's not part of PAX, you don't need a badge.

I know it sounds intuitive, but every show we get people who say "Oh, it's outside of the Expo Hall. We don't need a badge for that!"

You do. You really do.

Lackey on
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I'll say this, some folks at east a couple of years back had a brilliant idea for the collectible issue- for the CAH cards, they actually had a trading post set up so folks could swap out their duplicates etc.- especially since the little collectible packs were ALSO able to be picked up at the CAH table (since it wasn't on the expo hall floor, but at the kickstarter lounge, I think)- so folks with duplicates could swap them out for the ones they didn't have. My friends and I greatly appreciated this
    People eventually did this at Prime last year, but not until the final day. Before then it was just a constant trashing of the swag bag room with empty bags and tossed ads all over the floor, not even in the garbage. It'd be great if a few spare Enforcers could encourage people to form a trading spot on the first day, if they're aware that what's in the bags may lead to that kind of issue again. It was really pretty gross to see, but of course that's how it turned out with CAH still being so hot and an exclusive expansion.

This discussion has been closed.