As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] It's good to know that we can dream more than once. (U18 is out!)

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    those times you need CC.
    "all the time" is a bit faster to type and carries the same meaning

What? Nah. Death is the only CC you need.
    Seeing as you definitely cannot killing late enemies fast enough to not need CC, I'm going to assume you mean the knockdown AOE whenever you spend a revive. Interesting strategy, but it doesn't seem sustainable.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    those times you need CC.

Seeing as you definitely cannot killing late enemies fast enough to not need CC, I'm going to assume you mean the knockdown AOE whenever you spend a revive. Interesting strategy, but it doesn't seem sustainable.

Sure it is. Once you're permanantly dead, the enemies can't get to you anymore. Problem solved!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    those times you need CC.

You win this round, but I shall return!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Whew.

So managed to six forma my amprex and v marelok, two forma my valkyr, forma'd my limbo and started on my patron prime.

Also leveled my huras and sunika kubrows.

Still missing a transient fortitude for my eternal warcy Valkyr load out, but my like 68s hysteria build is good to go.

Limbo load out is in the mid 68s duration with enough range to bubble up a pod with room to fight. Still not sure if I should get the haven mod.

Also for reference: you can double tap banish to knock over heavies for finishers or just to banish them when they do ground pounds and such. The animation and transition is near instant and you can do it while reloading and such. After spending a good 35 hours or so over the last week tinkering with Limbo I think he's fine. It takes a bit more work on the limbo's part to add to a team, but things like banishing people for quick heals or doming a far choke point so things with crazy hit scan can't hit you from five miles away while you're doing your murder thing are nice.

In later void survival where everyone is sitting in the sewer room shooting through a volt shield anyway the Limbo bubble means unlimited energy to do so with as much room/duration as you need.

He's not the best, but him and Valkyr sure make the best revivers when things go south. Especially when 4s and such can't just kill things anymore.

Then again Vauban is my most used frame so I'm used to being pretty heavily support based, so it's more or less how I approached Limbo and he isn't that bad.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I've discovered that until I get the mods for a speedva, my best bet for dark sector infestation defense is vauban. Really just need to pump my primed continuity higher and he'll be perfect.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Citizen KupoCitizen Kupo In between here and thereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    New synthesis target is up, by the by. It's arid eviscerators.
    Maybe we can finally finish that orange pigment research.

Maybe?

No?

Okay. :sad:

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Dunno about anyone else, but I've been pumping pigment into that research at semi regular intervals.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    I actually ran a bunch of Phobos stuff a while ago, I've just been too lazy to go to the dojo to drop them off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    So I ranked up to 14 yesterday. The Lotus was all "this will be your toughest challenge yet." I don't this this bitch knows what I've been doing.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    Dunno about anyone else, but I've been pumping pigment into that research at semi regular intervals.

Yeah, I spent so much time farming for Miter that I ended up with a decent amount of pigment. Then sev and I and someone else (I forget who, sorry!) did a couple Phobos defense missions with a Nekros and a greedy pull Mag and I think I ended up with a total of about 500 pigment after those two missions alone. Next time I'm on I'll hit up alliance chat and see if any of y'all want to do that some more since it was easy and I really like that tileset.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DreadBertDreadBert Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Give me a shout for farming if I'm on. Finally got hydro I'd at ~250% power & 19% duration (~5sec) on the tenticle love. Not sure what the damage is but it's one shotting almost everything until around level 40. And that sexy supra mod let's me spam the heck out of it.

DreadBert on
  • Options
    Out of curiosity, why a Supra as opposed to a synoid? The latter has better ammo efficiency and DPS.

• Options
    Out of curiosity, why a Supra as opposed to a synoid? The latter has better ammo efficiency and DPS.

When entropy burst procs you get back 25% base energy and get a 25% max mp boost. And shared affenity seems to fill the meter as well. The 1k damage in 10m is just gravy on top.

I don't kill much with the supra (though it's a hoot to use) just keep it out for that awesome mp restore.

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    DreadBert wrote: »

When entropy burst procs you get back 25% base energy and get a 25% max mp boost. And shared affenity seems to fill the meter as well. The 1k damage in 10m is just gravy on top.

I don't kill much with the supra (though it's a hoot to use) just keep it out for that awesome mp restore.

Let me expand upon Cb's question :

So why the supra instead of the synoid? (they both have entropy burst)

Also, you should have enough seen entropy burst before they nerfed it. It was 25% of your total energy. It actually gave me a reason to slot flow.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

Also, you should have enough seen entropy burst before they nerfed it. It was 25% of your total energy. It actually gave me a reason to slot flow.

Probably the crazy status effects off the supra.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular

Probably the crazy status effects off the supra.

The Synoid can definitely hit incredibly high status (95.9% with all 4 dual status mods installed)

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »
    The Synoid can definitely hit incredibly high status (95.9% with all 4 dual status mods installed)

Though it's a beam-weapon with status/sec, which is less useful than status per shot.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    If you want a status effect, use the rakta ballistica. You still get the energy, but the aoe viral blast will proc viral on everyone in the room. Boom, you just effectively halved everything's hp.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    From a practical standpoint I only have my many forma'd supra and Celephon/arbiter mods. Supra is pretty stacked with stuff so a few shots will put paid to most stuff. I run a truth mod viper for HP restore as it was already potato'd and forma'd as well.

I wouldn't want this build very far in endless but it handles everything else well enough. And it's fun. Sorta like a long range flame thrower if I let the supra spin up. :)

• Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    I love getting credit boosters in the rare caches on raids. I also love picking up an affinity booster and being able to get equipment from level 0 to 30 in a single Draco run.

Also finished leveling chroma. Wasn't too impressed with chroma on the whole.

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    My favorite status guns are still the Nukor and the Tysis. Triple compound status effect, with one guaranteed per shot? Don't mind if I do.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    I like my gilded truth burston prime. Viral and radiation procs to halve the health and disorient the big guys. Aoe burst of gas damage that wrecks swarms of trash mobs because it is guaranteed to proc an additional burst of gas damage from every enemy in the area.

If only gilded truth improved any state other than rof..... Seriously DE, don't you know that rof mods do next to nothing for burst weapons in your game?

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I actually kind of appreciate the ROF boost on the Burston. It makes the burst so fast that it's basically just a semi-auto with preposterous multi-shot. It's not the most useful stat to get a boost to, but it's also a syndicate mod on a Prime weapon. Some things can be forgiven.

• Options
    It helps, and the mod is worth equipping for the aoe burst alone, but rof boosts are really at the bottom of the barrel for what burst weapons want. Sometimes I really do think they design new mods by pulling stuff out a hat.

3DS Friend Code:
  • Options
    It helps, and the mod is worth equipping for the aoe burst alone, but rof boosts are really at the bottom of the barrel for what burst weapons want. Sometimes I really do think they design new mods by pulling stuff out a hat.

I would almost rather have reload speed over rof on burst weapons, even the gimpy reload speed DE has implemented

• Options
    The reddit math on gilded truth was kinda sad. Basic required a freely scrolling mouse wheel to get a noticeable change, around a half second off a mag dump if memory serves. Read like the burston prime was already bumping the hard max's.

That said I do like it. Seems way better then several months back.

• Options
    It may not be the best for practical DPS but damn if it doesn't make that gun feel great to use.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Update 16.4 is in. New weapon ( a grineer grenade launcher that ragdolls dudes and apparently lets you rocket jump), new kubrow mod, new augments for Nekros and Chroma, helmets for Chroma and Mesa, and more.

Also, the video for the new weapon shows what looks like a Prototype/Nemesis Nyx skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbGD5cxxZY4

Edit: and a new event, woop woop! Rewards are the Quanta Vandal and a set of impact event mods.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fuck yessss

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    God DAMN that event is bugged all to hell.

The first time I did it, we killed it when Lotus told us to, but apparently she jumped the gun and we lost everything. No progress, no credit reward, offering consumed.

The second time, we did pretty much exactly the same thing, except we waited slightly longer and we got the credits and the event progress, offering consumed.

The third time, only one person could see the progress percentage (not me), we waited for a little while after Lotus told us to kill it and it had definitely gone into verification mode, we killed it, we got both the "you did it" messages and the "you fucked up" messages, we got a credit reward at the end but no event progress, and three offerings were consumed.

I think I'm gonna hold off on the additional fourteen runs I need to do to get the Quanta until it gets patched a little.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    luckily, a few of us managed to purchase the high tier gifts just as they were implemented, before they corrected the price which started out at 2000, instead of 100000.
    Wasn't too difficult, mostly just time consuming, really nice return on each 2k investment =P. The impact mods will come in handy, not a huge fan of the quantas myself.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I think the main issue right now is all the bugs that are apparently occurring in the event; I was lucky enough not to run into any of them so far but I figure people will be more interested once DE releases more bugfixes.

Man, those Drover Bursas are pretty nasty though.

• Options
    Mostly I hate that having a squad of four people makes the hack take four times as long. Most of Warframe's bugs I can deal with because they break a four-minute run. These tend to break a ten-to-fifteen minute run, most of which was spent just standing around.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    This is a super not-fun event, wow.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    So I picked up Handspring at some point while doing the event with alliance folk and decided to try it out... 'til now I did not know how badly I needed this mod. Sweet jesus knockdowns become almost completely irrelevant with this thing. You jump back up from a knockdown before you even realize that it happened.

Citizen Kupo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
  • Options
    Supposedly the amount of credits you receive from successfully destroying the Bursa is proportional to how much time the Bursa spends verifying, while event progress (the points you get for doing the mission successfully) is maximized by killing the Bursa as soon as it starts verifying. The speed of the transfer process is also apparently affected by the tier of offering, where higher tier offering = more time for transfer.

So if you want to speed through the event and get your event rewards as fast and cheaply as possible, use humble offerings and instakill the bursa when it starts verifying. If you want big money, go for the 100k offering and kill the Bursa after the verification process is almost complete.

• Options
    But, y'know, not too insta an instakill, or you might lose everything.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    This is a super not-fun event, wow.

So kind of like real life, only without the killer ATM robots

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Oh hey, decided to look at the codex entries for the Bursas, the denial bursa drops Astral Twilight, and the Isolator Bursa drops tempo royale. So if you missed those tactical alerts, get farming I guess? Drover drops life strike I suppose.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
This discussion has been closed.