As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GTAV/O... and 6?] - Return to Vice City in 2025

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Thirith wrote: »
    My experiences with randoms are generally good - in regular jobs. In heists, nine out of ten games with randoms end in them killing themselves or exiting, usually after 5-10 minutes...

Or if you join one for setup missions and finish them, they won't proceed with the heist mission itself.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Well, I finished in 11th and 7th (out of 18 participants total) in the two races of my crew's San Andreas Touring Car Championship earlier today. The SATCC is basically an ongoing series of events that takes place roughly once every 3 to 4 weeks apart, two races per event, each race lasting approximately 20 to 25 minutes with a 5 minute break in between. There's 9 teams taking part in the championship series, each team has two people and both use the same car in a specific team color. There's also a car restriction in place so that people use the "second tier" Sports class cars that you rarely see in a racing environment. For example, my team is the Bravado Racing Team that is representing the Bravado car manufacturer and racing a pair of Bravado Banshees both painted blue with white racing stripes and chrome wheels. Other teams include Pfister Racing, which employ Pfister Comets painted blood red with black wheels, and the Benefactor Motorsports team, which run Benefactor Suranos in brushed aluminum and black wheels.

Each team is encouraged to post "in character" updates about what sort of stuff they've been up to between races to drum up excitement for the events, such as the Bravado Racing Newsline announcing that a particular rookie driver the team picked up (me) posting aggressive and offensive "bleets" (the ingame version of tweeting) aimed at inciting a rivalry (as all good Americans are wont to do) towards the German team (specifically Benefactor, since both members are German and swap to speaking in german during the races to keep their strategies a bit of a secret from those that can't). It ends up being incredibly fun seeing all of the posts about the teams as if you were watching and reading about real racing teams, just with the usual GTA style tongue-in-cheek toilet humor mixed in liberally.

So when the race event finally comes around, all of the teams are itching for the battles once the explosions set the racers free, and it makes the event that much more entertaining. Now the teams are racing for bragging rights in the next month's lead up, where they can make fun of the other team's accidents or allude to the superiority that's already been proven of their chosen vehicles. It gives life to a much better racing experience than just opening your phone up, clicking Quick Join, and going to Random Race.

Slayer of Dreams on
    Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Rockstar Editor coming to PS4 and X1 in September

I'm looking forward to seeing heists from allllllll the perspectives.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Wildlife of Los Santos, a documentary:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsXsyepW6pM

• Options
    So last Friday I managed to finally get a win in a full lobby filled with crew members from my racing crew. I also managed to do this when not only were multiple people streaming, but the youtuber that formed the crew to begin with was also streaming. I was super excited.
    oDIUWEK.png?1
    7pOnxSB.png?1

I'll never change this car now, it's earned a permanent spot in my main garage.
    WCBdjo3.png
    0Wfh0c6.png?1

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    An update is coming next week that introduces new activities into free-mode, including one based on Teen Wolf (80's), of all things....
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52497/the-gta-online-freemode-events-update-coming-next-week
    So last Friday I managed to finally get a win in a full lobby filled with crew members from my racing crew. I also managed to do this when not only were multiple people streaming, but the youtuber that formed the crew to begin with was also streaming. I was super excited.

I'll never change this car now, it's earned a permanent spot in my main garage.

What suspension settings did you use for your dukes? I'm still struggling to get it right for power sliding vs turning.

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52499/gta-online-freemode-events-update-now-available-for-ps4

New update is out in the world, along with the Rockstar Editor for the PS4 and the One.

Really looking forward to tooling around with the editor and seeing what kind of angles I can get on the crazy.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I've been tooling around in the game since the update.

Haven't done too much yet.

The game gives you a nice warning when a new event is about to start. Usually plenty of time to finish whatever you were doing.

The default Rockstar ones (since I don't think there are too many player made ones yet) have been fun. The events also cause a fair amount of controlled chaos as a side effect so that's pretty entertaining too.

edit- My favorite so far is "Penned In". It is basically The Hunger Games. A giant dome appears and players fight to be the last one standing as the dome continually shrinks.

edit 2- In fact I'd say the best part about the update is that it adds "controlled chaos" to the open world. Instead of people randomly killing each other for no real reason, the game now gives you a valid and fun reason!

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Just messing around and getting a feel for what it can do. I think I kinda adore this editor.

https://youtu.be/hwr41grlaFM
    https://youtu.be/Jy-5GNLChc4

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Yeah, Director mode is great fun. I played a few hours of online last night (XB1) but didn't manage to get into any of the free-mode events, I couldn't seem to find a session with enough people in it.

• Options
    New 'Lowrider' DLC coming 20th October. Hydraulics! Bounce Bobble-heads!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Now if only the game would stop crashing every 30-60 minutes or so...and the crash requiring a computer restart to keep playing longer than 5 minutes.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    The biggest thing about this update is the fourth property that you can purchase. As a racer and sports car collector, having another 10 spots is a godsend.

• Options
    E-gongaE-gonga Registered User regular
    First time I've been excited about a DLC pack since Heists :D

Hopefully customisation is not limited to the low riders specifically - I would love to add subwoofers and hydraulics to my Romero Hearse. Corpse pimping is not easy, after all.

With an extra 10 slots returns my dream of owning a racing car in every class. I need a good SUV and Sedan, hopefully the new Primo will have respectable stats.

I can't wait to see what happens if you stand on the hood of a lowrider when somebody sets off the hydraulics.

• Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
    E-gonga wrote: »
    First time I've been excited about a DLC pack since Heists :D

Hopefully customisation is not limited to the low riders specifically - I would love to add subwoofers and hydraulics to my Romero Hearse. Corpse pimping is not easy, after all.

With an extra 10 slots returns my dream of owning a racing car in every class. I need a good SUV and Sedan, hopefully the new Primo will have respectable stats.

I can't wait to see what happens if you stand on the hood of a lowrider when somebody sets off the hydraulics.

I believe it's limited to a certain selection of cars, not all of them can get pimped out.

hk52krrtzsf6.gif
  • Options
    Patch notes, it's out now.

The new adversary modes sound neat, I wonder if relay races will actually work well with random players.
    Three new Adversary Mode have been added to GTA Online which unlock at Rank 5.

Offence Defense
    Runners aim to be the first to get to the end of a route. Blockers, in faster and more powerful vehicles, must block and run opposing Runners off the road, while protecting their Runner from the other teams.

Keep the Pace
    A race where the speed players have to maintain increases each lap. Dropping below the speed causes players to explode.

Relay
    A 4 team race around the streets of David, in which players take it in turns to complete a lap before tagging a team mate. Non-active drivers wait in the pen to be tagged, whilst active drivers complete a lap for their team.

• Options
    I thought I had enough money saved in the bank.

I was wrong. So so wrong.

• Options
    Overall, it's a pretty disappointing update despite all of the cool shit added to the game with the low riders and customizations.

The changes that were made to how cars handle totally ruin your ability to even just simply drive down a street without the car flipping over or flying through the air in a spin all because you hit a tiny pot hole in the road. So even though the new low rider cars are awesome, you can't even enjoy them because you'll constantly be slammed into buildings or flipped onto your roof.

• Options
    I just wish I could afford these horns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adCIe9jzT70

I sank all my money into real estate and weapons.

• Options
    Overall, it's a pretty disappointing update despite all of the cool shit added to the game with the low riders and customizations.

The changes that were made to how cars handle totally ruin your ability to even just simply drive down a street without the car flipping over or flying through the air in a spin all because you hit a tiny pot hole in the road. So even though the new low rider cars are awesome, you can't even enjoy them because you'll constantly be slammed into buildings or flipped onto your roof.

I haven't really encountered that problem, I'll be honest. After using the hydraulics, are you pressing R1 (or whichever button enables hydraulics) to return to normal drive mode?

I've found that when the suspension is lifted in hydraulic mode that yes, cars do tend to flip over at relatively low speeds, but you can raise it back down to normal.

I do have one or two complaints about the new DLC. The prices for one thing. I'm not sure how they can justify charging 400k for a custom Primo. You can buy a Zentorno for not much more :S

Also, only four new pants for women? Bah.

Still, lots to enjoy too. One of the yellow sports shirts looks like a Star Trek uniform, and I've combined it with black combat trousers for my girl's 'Geek' custom outfit.

• Options
    Ooh, interesting. The Internetwebs claims to have found files for a Halloween update containing two new customisable vehicles:

http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/21/gta-online-halloween-surprise-new-vehicles/

:D

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'm still enjoying the heists with friends, but we've now had a fifth person joining our Los Santos Band of Dysfunctional Brothers. We mostly enjoy coop. Am I right in thinking that there aren't all that many jobs for 5+ people? Are there other activities that fulfil our coop needs?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    I'm still having trouble getting my game to launch, saying trouble with steam or some such? How long is this supposed to go on, much less early morning?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thirith wrote: »
    I'm still enjoying the heists with friends, but we've now had a fifth person joining our Los Santos Band of Dysfunctional Brothers. We mostly enjoy coop. Am I right in thinking that there aren't all that many jobs for 5+ people? Are there other activities that fulfil our coop needs?

Not a lot I'm afraid. There are only a handful of 6 player Contact Missions available. I suppose there's always racing, and the new adversary modes might be fun (although they will be team vs team so not entirely co-operative).

Rocket vs Stunted type LTS Deathmatches are pretty popular, so you and your friends could probably get a full lobby going. If you're in the same crew the game puts you on the same team.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Here is my Star Trek outfit:

aFWj2WQioEWxHg9GrnJ3bQ_0_0_small.jpg

"Captains Log, stardate... um... Wednesday 21st. I have landed on a strange alternate earth which is heavily militarized, and for some reason only 30 people in the city believe Armageddon has started while the rest of the populace go about their daily lives. I originally set my phaser to stun, but was called a hacking noob bitch. Phasers set to kill."

E-gonga on
  • Options
    Good news is you're in a yellow shirt, so there is a 90% chance you'll make it back to your apartment alive. Now, if you had the red shirt, Ooohhh boy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    There's a "surprise" halloween event with 2 "new" cars, and custom hearse, and the valentines day car with a different paint setup. Limited time then gone, etc. New masks, new mission thing.

A bunch of bobbleheads for lowriders too.

I'm kind of meh on it all. The hackers in public lobbies kind of just killed me interest and I don't like playing with small groups together in private lobbies.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mastertheheromasterthehero Professional Video Editor & Book Author Registered User regular
  • Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    I'm having a bit of fun with the Halloween update...
    9wqjqgy9c9cd.jpg

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    I've been trying everything I can since the Lowrider update. My game is STILL crashing after the launch. It doesn't even start the stars and sirens video. Safe mode doesn't help. I've tried nearly every suggestion on the forums, and writing a ticket is so convoluted I think R* tries their best to keep from getting them. Sucks. Probably too late for me to get a refund on this game now. :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Already spent a disproportionate amount of money on a fancy new Lowrider? Your bank account emptier than that feeling inside of you? Trying to save up for the next Lowrider update? Then horrible, frustrating news!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52530/lowriders-week-in-gta-online-discounts-at-benny-s

Huge discounts all this week on all Lowrider upgrades. As a man who has just recently - literally two days ago - blew 800k on a Bucaneer, my rage has frozen my face into a manic grin :D

• Options
    Time to spend all of that money that you probably don't have any more on even more ridiculous stuff, such as new cars, mansions, and even a private yacht!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52542/gta-online-executives-and-other-criminals-coming-next-week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_S2Eb4Jw88

Personally, this looks to be the update that fits with the Lowrider stuff to really unleash a flood of updates later on filling the game with GTA:SA style massive car customization, along with just "stuff" customization. I'm really excited to drive the Shelby and '71 Camaro, and see where the new mansions are at up in the hills. There's some giant houses up there that would be perfect for it.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Robot Santa detected banned alias
    Reason: bladecruiser

The machine has no feelings, it feels no fear and no hope.
    Slayer of Dreams

• Options
    The Newswire comment section is mildly amusing; everyone is either trying to hire bodyguards or be hired as one, when absolutely nobody has any idea how the mechanic actually works. It might just be a temporary thing in Free Roam for all we know.

Pretty psyched though. I've been able to glitch my way to about $5 million; not sure how much yachts will be but I'm working on the assumption that I can't afford one. New cars and guns though :D

• Options
    Yacht Life

For the ultimate room with a view, players will have the option to purchase a single Super Yacht from the Docktease website. Yachts function as floating apartments and come fully staffed with your own personal captain to shift the boat between your choice of 12 scenic mooring locations around Los Santos and Blaine County, and a bartender to serve drinks for you and your guests. Choose from a range of designs, with higher-end yachts featuring hot tubs, and additional complimentary transport options including helicopters and personal watercraft. Name your vessel and personalize it with a custom flag, hull color and a variety of lighting options. Each Yacht comes equipped with an anti-air defense system to help protect against unwanted attacks from rival Organizations and other Freemode attackers.
    Sweet! I wish I had time to try this.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Yacht Life

For the ultimate room with a view, players will have the option to purchase a single Super Yacht from the Docktease website. Yachts function as floating apartments and come fully staffed with your own personal captain to shift the boat between your choice of 12 scenic mooring locations around Los Santos and Blaine County, and a bartender to serve drinks for you and your guests. Choose from a range of designs, with higher-end yachts featuring hot tubs, and additional complimentary transport options including helicopters and personal watercraft. Name your vessel and personalize it with a custom flag, hull color and a variety of lighting options. Each Yacht comes equipped with an anti-air defense system to help protect against unwanted attacks from rival Organizations and other Freemode attackers.
    Sweet! I wish I had time to try this.

I wish I had the money to buy the thing. $6mil is a bit much for me and my scratching out $100k a night.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    So I beat this game and played it a bit on PS4, then I sold my PS4 a while back. But recently, my friend gifted it to me on Steam! I transferred my character and I'm apparently still in WANG, will that work on PC too? Have a lot of catching up to do though.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So I beat this game and played it a bit on PS4, then I sold my PS4 a while back. But recently, my friend gifted it to me on Steam! I transferred my character and I'm apparently still in WANG, will that work on PC too? Have a lot of catching up to do though.
    Yes. I don't think you can take your PS4 progress across though. And take a selfie in-game and use it as your RSC avatar, because that's cool.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/skidzilla360