As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

League Of Legends: River Kings, a Brackish Keel-Overhaul of Piracy and LCS in full swing

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    hey folks, I've been building Ardent Censer as first item for support Morgana... is that insane?

spool32 on
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Dude named Ninja, playing a ninja. I like this game.

When are we gonna get an ADC Ninja so we can have a 5-Ninja comp?

I demand being able to have a team of all Ninjas during this Pirate event. :(

ADC: Kennen
    Supp: Shen
    Mid: Akali
    Top: Zed
    Jg: Lee Sin (blind monk counts as Ninja right? Or maybe Ninja skin Rammus)

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    omg I won as a jungler *gets carried*

hecarim is OK I guess...

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    hey folks, I've been building Ardent Censer as first item for support Morgana... is that insane?

kinda, yeah

even at max rank and 40% cdr you're still looking at a 9 second cd on Black Shield

that's a pretty huge downtime which means you simply aren't going to be buffing your teammates with Ardent Censer's effect as much as you'd like, seeing as it's Morgana's only shield effect and there is some discretion on when you're using it (allowing a fed assassin/bruiser to go ham, protecting your adc from cc), as opposed to someone like Sona, who is always shielding/healing.

Seeing as Morgana is timed around big engages after a bind you might consider Zeke's Harbinger instead if you're set on building a similar item? I don't main support so I have no idea what support Morg normally builds other than the requisite Zhonya's and probably Frostfang.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Harbinger gives you AP, Armor, Mana, and CDR. Its basically perfect for Morg(and other AP supports) right there. But then it gives you 20% more AP and you and your AD 50% Crit

Which makes it the single largest DPS buff in the game for AD's. If your AD has IE and PD they will have 100% crit chance for 6 seconds.

Buy it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    censor is only good if you can keep it up incredibly often. Now though? Harbinger first unless your AD is urgot basically.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Harbinger gives you AP, Armor, Mana, and CDR. Its basically perfect for Morg(and other AP supports) right there. But then it gives you 20% more AP and you and your AD 50% Crit

Which makes it the single largest DPS buff in the game for AD's. If your AD has IE and PD they will have 100% crit chance for 6 seconds.

Buy it.
    Thoughts on this post?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3emf5k/is_zekes_harbringer_as_op_as_we_all_began_to/

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Is it just me or are more toxc people running around? It's weird.

In better news, almost at plat 1 promo. So close to getting diamond this season.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Pet Peeve in LoL:

Jungler setup to engage.
    Pings for you to go in.
    Abandons you after you go in.

Mine is when the jungler runs into your lane over a ward, so the enemy is retreating. He keeps chasing and when you pull back because he's going to tower dive and hand them at least one kill he says that you're unwilling to "go in" with him.

Yes I am unwilling to follow your failed gank. Maybe next time you can sweep ahead of time or have your flash up?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Roz wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

@Burnage Can I remove my sig now?

OH MY FUCKING GOD IT'S HAPPENING

AS SOON AS I COME BACK FROM MY WORK TRIP I AM REINSTALLING THIS SHIT AND FENCING SOME FOOLS

This is the god damn best. Someone else say something so I can guilt trip you months later.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Pet Peeve in LoL:

Jungler setup to engage.
    Pings for you to go in.
    Abandons you after you go in.

Mine is when the jungler runs into your lane over a ward, so the enemy is retreating. He keeps chasing and when you pull back because he's going to tower dive and hand them at least one kill he says that you're unwilling to "go in" with him.

Yes I am unwilling to follow your failed gank. Maybe next time you can sweep ahead of time or have your flash up?

Exclamation point ping is your friend. Repeated pings. Also typing "no dive" "I don't want to dive them". Of course, do I ever have the presence of mind to do this in the moment--hardly ever.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    Normal matchmaking is so infuriating. My wife (level 23) and I (30) like this game but if we try to play a non-bot game together the matchmaking goes full silly goose seemingly every time, giving us teammates with less than 100 normal wins (like us), and an enemy team with one low level guy + 4 players rocking 700-1400 wins. Then the people with vastly more experience roll our poor newbie teammates. On the rare occasions that all ten players are the same experience level it's a fun game win or lose where we can learn something, but 95% of the time it's the aforementioned absurdity.
    It really really sucks.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    Normal matchmaking is so infuriating. My wife (level 23) and I (30) like this game but if we try to play a non-bot game together the matchmaking goes full silly goose seemingly every time, giving us teammates with less than 100 normal wins (like us), and an enemy team with one low level guy + 4 players rocking 700-1400 wins. Then the people with vastly more experience roll our poor newbie teammates. On the rare occasions that all ten players are the same experience level it's a fun game win or lose where we can learn something, but 95% of the time it's the aforementioned absurdity.
    It really really sucks.

I had this experience recently, got matched up with a mirror Gangplank in top lane. I got absolutely destroyed. I was like wth after the game and looked dude up on OP.GG and sure enough, waaaaaay more experience than me. I'm not even level 30 yet. I felt a bit better knowing it was a mismatch, but yeah it's more fun when it's even.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Spectrum wrote: »

Buy it.
    Thoughts on this post?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/3emf5k/is_zekes_harbringer_as_op_as_we_all_began_to/

Math is wrong. Zekes increases damage by 2/1.55 at that point in the game. Censor increases damage by about (2.2+BAS)/(1.9+BAS) * (30+d)/d where d is your AD modified by crit chance and BAS is your base attack speed at that level. With Janna/cait your base AS will be around .4 and your d around 480.

So about 30% vs 20%. You're gonna need a lot of crits to make up that difference.

Edit: then you buy whisper. Then you buy BT. Then you buy Scimitar or PD. All the while your base AS is increasing.

If you get a second PD then you're losing for zekes (unless your AD is Ashe). But otherwise you're crushing it and continue to crush it harder as time goes on.

Edit: oops! These numbers for censor are too high! I still thought it gave 30% AS. It only gives 15% now. So call it 13% instead of 20%

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Riven so op :P

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options

Wrecked by j4

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular

How did the lane go early? Riven vs. Jarvan is an extremely snowbally type of lane, whoever gets ahead early will just burst the other down instantly.

butts
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Boogers

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So I just looked up the league standings. Am I taking crazy pills? CLG is in first? C9 is 5-12? What happened to CLG?

• Options
    Also, Gragas is a jungler now?

• Options
    Gragas is the best jungler. We are just as surprised as you that CLG is in first and c9 tanked.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Have you guys been reading the lore about TF and Graves? It's quite fun and well-written. Also this:
    He’s holding an orange in one hand, slicing off its skin with a short-bladed carving knife. He’s doing it slow, making each cut count.

• Options
    I didn't realize meeteos retired as well.

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »

Hai retired. And that made c9 really bad. So meteos retired and hai came back to fix the team. Imo probably a mistake since meteos preferred champions just came back into the meta with devourer and Hai has wrist issues.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options

Hai retired. And that made c9 really bad. So meteos retired and hai came back to fix the team. Imo probably a mistake since meteos preferred champions just came back into the meta with devourer and Hai has wrist issues.

Careful, they're very very sneaky

Holy shit, that looked like old C9

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Tsm v c9 spoilers
    And TSM loses another game at the draft. Shen is not a good LCS top laner. He has few good matchups and can't 1v2 or double jungle well. If you pick him you have to 2v2 and you cannot let the enemy get a swap on you or you play him support. Viktor has no power against zone control mages like ori and Kog and running at an enemy team with him just gets you wrecked unless your tank line is stronger than theirs. Which it isn't when you're against gnar and shyvanna

That being said phreak is 100% right about that last baron fight. Bjerg had a opportunity to flash ult e 4 squishy members of c9 and instead he wiffed his laser and let a 5 man Annie ult go to waste.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    LMAO Post game

Hai: I'm like we're getting this Baron. Then balls flashes in and gets 4 people in the ult, and I'm like ok they just lost the fucking game

Or something like that.

• Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    LMAO Post game

Hai: I'm like we're getting this Baron. Then balls flashes in and gets 4 people in the ult, and I'm like ok they just lost the fucking game

Or something like that.

Balls did was Berj didn't.

• Options
    LMAO Post game

Or something like that.

YES I was like "?!?! whaaaaaaat that was amazing"

he was so amped after that, I don't think he even realized it came out of his mouth.

Man, that game is why I love watching LCS. We were screaming and jumping up and down at the end, it was awesome!

@skippydumptruck you gotta watch this TSM vs C9 game.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    TSM vs C9
    So now that they're not getting relegated, what's C9's plan for next season? Kidnap Hai's family and hold them hostage to force him to keep playing until his wrist physically stops working?

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    LCS C9 vs TSM spoiler
    NrVpDEV.jpg

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    GV vs TDK: I like the j4 counter to kassadin and the irelia mid/lane swap back as well. But not sure about the actual kassadin pick.

Also Elise is pick ban next patch so it's good that kez is getting practice/is good at it.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TDK's goal is to fuck up the leaderboard as much as possible before they go back to challenger

they are succeeding

• Options
    Their shirts should all read

TDK: I Clicked The Lantern

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    TDK: Destroyer of Dreams.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    TDK: Because fuck your fantasy points

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    They should just rename themselves Team Blue Shell.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Oh wow I just played a dominion game for the first time in months cause I needed 6 cs for the icon. It was me and 4 bots vs 2 bad people and 3 bots. Very sad...

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Spoiler alert
    this is what happens when you don't punish kassadin. He was the unsung hero of these fights. Because even when/if you killed the backline/neutralize draven which GV did kassadin kills your back line and then cleans up because he is kassadin.

Edit: what the gameplay should have been
    GV needed to chase kassadin with jarvin and irelia with rumble. Both j4 and rumble work better with low farm than kassadin and irelia and both j4 and rumble beat their respective lanes when they follow. But GV just sat in the same lanes and so lost both. Why wasn't kassadin punished and followed the entire laning phase?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    They should just rename themselves Team Blue Shell.

This comment deserves to be in the OP.