As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Dawn of A New Day -24 Hours Remain-

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Chuck Taylor in NXT plz

Seriously why does no one, Impact, ROH, WWE, want to sign him?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Oh and Seiya Sanada is officially gone from TNA. Kinda hope WWE picks him up down the road.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I really hope I get a chance to talk to chuck taylor at king of trios

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    @Nirya what time should I try and get to DDT4 to get good seats? I'm not gonna be able to afford ringside but I wanna get as close as possible.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »
    @Nirya what time should I try and get to DDT4 to get good seats? I'm not gonna be able to afford ringside but I wanna get as close as possible.

First, are you gonna try for presale? Because you need to be on top of that, cause they'll sell out fast.

If you got your tickets presale, you can reasonably get there an hour before bell time (which is really when they start letting people in) and get good seats on the hard cam side (which is where I usually sit). I don't find sitting super close is super helpful, especially with how much diving there is, but if you want closer then 2 hours is the best bet (that's when I usually get there).

If you're buying at the door, you'll want to get there like 3 hours early. You can usually still find seats hard cam side because for some reason no one makes it down there, but they might try to force you into a standing room only section.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I should probably @GR_Zombie, huh?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

First, are you gonna try for presale? Because you need to be on top of that, cause they'll sell out fast.

If you got your tickets presale, you can reasonably get there an hour before bell time (which is really when they start letting people in) and get good seats on the hard cam side (which is where I usually sit). I don't find sitting super close is super helpful, especially with how much diving there is, but if you want closer then 2 hours is the best bet (that's when I usually get there).

If you're buying at the door, you'll want to get there like 3 hours early. You can usually still find seats hard cam side because for some reason no one makes it down there, but they might try to force you into a standing room only section.

Thanks, I've never been to a live wrestling show so any advice is much appreciated. I'm gonna try and get the presale on Thursday if I can.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Hjorvarthr wrote: »
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I have never watched vgcw

I am meant to believe that the outcomes aren't predetermined, but there must be some measure of control right? or has scorpion been champ for a long time and I just happened to look the same week as mkx came out

I hate not knowing this but I also feel like I'm in a magical zone that might be worth exploring by watching some. just read about the soviet screwjob on some article or wiki and I think I could handle some of that in my life

The results are not predetermined and he writes the storylines around them, IIRC
    this is generally the case with the main show

the women's division tends to be slightly more scripted at the top of the card

and then you have edbw, where the plot is essentially community created

mona's never getting her bike back

She sure Dusty doesn't have it?

wrong kind of bike

bonus flaming tables!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vACMp0_VV04

• Options
    Highspots has a 5 buck DVD sale going on right now.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Chuck Taylor in NXT plz

Seriously why does no one, Impact, ROH, WWE, want to sign him?

I honestly get the vibe that it's less they don't want them, and more he doesn't want them

Like, he's talked about this on Art of Wrestling and other shoot interviews I've seen, he likes goofing off and doing things his way, which seems like it would contrast with being under a tight contract

Also, you gotta consider one of his actual real-life best friends was in WWE, and didn't have the best of experiences

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Invectivus wrote: »
    Attention Wrestling Thread:
    P-ZA9-7BK-0B6_zpsoqhwtae3.jpg[/URL][/url]
    P-VN6-SNB-2VN_zpsvhnvc7bm.jpg

Suck it.

That is all
    Who WOULDN'T you fistfight to save Christmas?

Answer is NOBODY

Wow, Trish looks better than ever. Incredible.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Man I just

I do not like Solomon Crowe

Nothing about him works together

Like his ring skills are solid but his promos and look and attitude and gear are just all incongruous

He's a super hacker who has troll doll hair and wears a biker jacket and wears a dumb singlet and growls his promos with really fake angry intensity

The best thing I can say is his intro music is pretty good and video game sounding (which could work with the hacker/nerd thing) but then the lyrics kick in and it sucks

EDIT:

Aw man and now he has a submission finish? I don't like those most of the time, which is just a personal taste thing, so throw that on the pile

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Blankzilla wrote: »

What, uh, what the fuck is this

Does his family live in Houston? This is definitely a police-worthy thing

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Whippy wrote: »

What, uh, what the fuck is this

Does his family live in Houston? This is definitely a police-worthy thing
    They've been contacted, he just wanted to hopefully reach people at the hospital I guess

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Man I love Enzo and Cass and am happy they're getting a big push but am not too big on the whole "fighting over Carmella with Blurphy" angle

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Aw man

Dana Brooke is just posing and groping herself and commentary has been possessed by Jerry Lawler

Nnnnot a fan of that

She actually seems okay in the ring but yikes that character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SAMI YES I MISSED YOU SO MUCH

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Aw man

Dana Brooke is just posing and groping herself and commentary has been possessed by Jerry Lawler

Nnnnot a fan of that

Her groping and writhing is so bad that some of those wrestling subforums dedicated to perving out over any given female wrestler think it's too much.

Also she is actually pretty terrible in the ring, to the point where I'm thinking they should probably not have put her on TV yet.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm assuming she won't keep doing that stuff, I mean, Becky Lynch started out doing Lord of the Dance, but....yeesh

• Options
    I'm assuming she won't keep doing that stuff, I mean, Becky Lynch started out doing Lord of the Dance, but....yeesh
    Eeeeh

I mean I hope she ditches it

But I can definitely see WWE deciding to stick with a sexy grope-y lady through developmental versus the Lady of the Dance, unfortunately

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Eeeeh

I mean I hope she ditches it

But I can definitely see WWE deciding to stick with a sexy grope-y lady through developmental versus the Lady of the Dance, unfortunately

If it doesn't work, I imagine they'll drop it. At any rate, I expect they'll do less of it, unless they want her to explicitly be a heel. They're probably not putting her on the main roster doing stuff like that, though.

• Options
    She seemed like a pretty clear heel to me in that debut, you don't have someone beat up Blue Pants in front of the NXT crowd if you want them to be well liked

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

really glad Cornette saved Rollins from TNA

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Aw man

Nnnnot a fan of that

Her groping and writhing is so bad that some of those wrestling subforums dedicated to perving out over any given female wrestler think it's too much.

Also she is actually pretty terrible in the ring, to the point where I'm thinking they should probably not have put her on TV yet.

The biggest problem with her posing, groping, and writhing is that she knows like two different poses and then just kept cycling through them. As a competitive body builder she should probably know a couple more poses. Also she should never do mounted punches those looked so bad.

• Options
    Yeah those punches looked horrible

But her slam was pretty good and she seemed like she was solid enough for a lady in developmental

Like I love how big and polished NXT is but this was her debut in a developmental program, which people have seem to forgotten NXT is not necessarily here but in general on the internet, so she shouldn't be too harshly judged

The whole posing and groping thing is inexcusable though

And commentary was uncharacteristically horrible during the match. Normally they call women's matches just like any other wrestling match but they spent 75% of the match talking about how hot she is and how they're drooling and how all the other NXT women must be jealous and blech

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    if wwe needs someone to pose and grope themselves on tv then im their guy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

really glad Cornette saved Rollins from TNA

Also the subtle slams of Owens at the end were cute.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    Aw man

Nnnnot a fan of that

I really don't think she was that bad in the ring. The response doesn't seem in proportion to her actual performance.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    She needs to work on her strikes. For such a strong looking person she seems too timid.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Brooke really isn't at a point where she should be working in front of crowds yet, she should be grinding it out in training still without any of the live show pressure.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    She was fine, the groping was fine, it was only bad she did the exact same thing twice, once on the ramp, once in the ring.

It's developmental, not RAW.

Not that RAW is some bastion of quality wrestling either.

• Options
    She was fine, the groping was fine, it was only bad she did the exact same thing twice, once on the ramp, once in the ring.

It's developmental, not RAW.

Not that RAW is some bastion of quality wrestling either.
    Groping was totally not fine

Like nothing wrong with women being confident and sexy

But she was straight up rubbing down her boobs and shaking her ass and "what you see is what you get" and the commentary was tripping over who could be more gross and nah keep that out of NXT please

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    This makes me feel better about Bryan

https://youtube.com/watch?v=BiNo-0sIGH0

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Brooke was presented weirdly, her promo packages, music, and the talk on commentary seemed to portray her as a face, but she wrestled as a heel.

Her mounted strikes were typical of a green wrestler who hadn't fully figured out how to throw a worked punch and didn't want to accidentally potato her opponent. The angle they were shot at really didn't help, as she was clearly swinging to hit a point behind Bates' head.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I'd be glad to never hear from Jim Cornette again. Maybe we can put that on the chalkboard.

Goose! on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    The commentary did not portray her as a face. It was full of "no one likes her and she doesn't care" and Graves was the one talking her up. She's basically female "The Narcissist" Lex Luger.

I think both the groping and the fawning on commentary will be diminished once they've established her character, like how Fandango isn't yelling at people for mispronouncing his name anymore.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I'd be glad to never hear from Jim Cornette again. Maybe we can put that on the chalkboard.

Well in that case he did a good thing.

This discussion has been closed.