As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

does anybody have interesting family history?

bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
edited April 2015 in Social Entropy++
ancestry.com paywalls aside, the internet is getting to be a pretty fantastic resource for looking up family history. tonight i nudged my own lineage back as far as the 1660s, via this guy - exactly the kind of scurvy english crook us australians love to swear we actually have nothing to do with. anyway, that guy came to the new world in 1788 on this boat:

3eb7fb2a-1342-4efe-976b-7b02fb8e399a_zpsniilcc9j.jpg

i also sussed out a bit more about the direct paternal line, leading back to the early 1800s; apparently, at that time in sydney there was a desperate need for a classier sort of booze than beer and rum; so a bloke called wilhelm kirchner recruited a bunch of rhenish vinedressers on two-year contracts and brought them over on this boat:

Peter_Godeffroy4_zpskyu4w6ew.jpg

that's how our german surname got to australia, from a small town called rudesheim.

since then there have been embezzlers and orphans, newspaper empires and touring bicycles - and this is all just on my dad's side of the family. that's not even going into the mysterious end-of-the-line in rural NSW, where an untraceable teenage maid was knocked up by a ring-in horse-trainer in the pub of a racing town.

i had heard stories myself, and i wouldn't have gotten anywhere without getting specific names from my parents and grandparents. but almost all of this i dug up myself - using tools like rootsweb and, especially, the national library of australia's digitised newspaper archives. i want to hear your family's stories - and if you feel like you don't have any, look closer!

sC4Q4nq.jpg
bsjezz on

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My biological dad from whom I got my name was adopted. So who knows there. It is hard to find anything on my mom's side because the name estrich is so uncommon it seems.

My step dad was distantly related to the sixth president of the United States though.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I've had trouble getting much further back than the turn of the century. I know on my mother's side, my great grandfather was born in England in 1887, moved around the American West a lot as an Episcopalian minister, and then abandoned his wife and six children sometime in the 20s before the Depression hit. He turns up on the 1940 census in Arkansas, married to a woman 30 years his junior.

As a teenager, Grandpa ran a supply route for prospectors in Montana.

Grandma insists she's descended from Rob Roy MacGregor but I never confirmed that.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    My librarian turned me on to this site, but I'm not sure if it works outside of libraries.

http://www.ancestryheritagequest.com/

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Uriel wrote: »
    My biological dad from whom I got my name was adopted. So who knows there. It is hard to find anything on my mom's side because the name estrich is so uncommon it seems.

a unique name is a blessing more than anything - it means you have less variables to filter out when trying to link your family up! spelling can waver though, so try to be flexible on that. it's tricky business but usually it's the first puzzle piece that's the hardest to place; you get back a bit further and it's more and more likely you'll be able to make use of some published family trees

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Oh wait. My great grandmother was an interesting lady.

She frequented speakeasy bars during prohibition as a teenager until she got married to her first husband. I don't know much about him but he was involved with the mob and she wouldn't let him in when some guys came to murder him.

Her other husband my great grandfather ran booze during prohibition but then worked as a welder until he retired. But the plant had him train younger guys in his driveway after that because he was the best welder they had.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    uh i know one of my ancestors on my dad's side was an indentured servant to william penn

not sure about the chinese side of my family (i've got some friends who can trace their ancestry back to cao cao tho which is rad)

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

a unique name is a blessing more than anything - it means you have less variables to filter out when trying to link your family up! spelling can waver though, so try to be flexible on that. it's tricky business but usually it's the first puzzle piece that's the hardest to place; you get back a bit further and it's more and more likely you'll be able to make use of some published family trees

That is the tricky part with that surname. While it is pretty unique in the states there are many variations of it in multiple old countries with germanic languages.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've done a bit of poking around on the free side of ancestry.com. That along with some family tree stuff from family sources has gotten me a good amount of information, but I haven't been able to get anywhere earlier than the early 1800s.

One interesting thing I've found is on my paternal grandmother's side my 2nd great grandfather immigrated to the US with his wife in 1901 from a place called Komarivka in what is now Ukraine, which was apparently a town founded by Germans fleeing Napoleon's army!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    My mom does ancestry stuff. We figured out that one branch owned land in Massachusetts prior to the war, and were run out of the country for being loyal to the crown, their land seized and sold to fund the war.

So, you know

I'm still waiting on my reparations, is what I'm saying.

Also apparently we're related to Shakespeare's neighbor, but that's anecdotal with no solid supporting evidence.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Apparently I'm related to the founder of Greyhound bus lines somehow. Also, apparently related to John Wilkes Booth vaguely. One of my great grandmothers maiden name was Booth. People often tell me not to tell anyone that though. As if his bad actions would somehow reflect on me.

My grandfather did some searching and back in Germany, A very long time ago, we have cannon making ancestors.

the same grandfather, his father ran off to Mexico and started a new family, but randomly mailed pesos back to him every once in a while.

I don't know about much more than my grandparents in general though.

is that interesting?

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My moms a bitch, does that count?

no but really, my Great Gandfather was in the first wave of Lake County police officers assigned to this little area of Indiana where the steel mills were getting set up. They named it Gary.

He was also working at the court house the day Al Capone broke out.

• Options
    ArchangleArchangle Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Pierre Terrail, seigneur de Bayard
    I'm going to crib from wikipedia a bit, because I'm nowhere near my family notes...
    323px-Bayard%2C_galerie_de_pierre_basse.jpg
    Pierre Terrail, also known as "Chevalier de Bayard" was a knight who lived at the turn of the 16th Century in France. Among his contemporaries he was known as "le bon chevalier" ("the good knight") but has since acquired the epithet "le chevalier sans peur et sans reproche" ("the knight without fear and beyond reproach").

As far as historic deeds go he was generally a badass in battle, winning numerous victories for the French, but was also known to be fair and generous in all his dealings. After one battle he was grievously wounded, and took up residence in a household in the town he had just conquered. He was tended by the family of that household, and when he recovered he returned all ransom money given to him as conqueror in payment for this service. Such was his reputation that when he was captured in the Battle of the Spurs, Henry VIII released him without ransom - confident that "the good knight" would be true to his word that he would quit the battle for 6 weeks.

Other notable actions include almost capturing Pope Julius II after the collapse of the League of Cambrai, which earned him an excommunication from the church, and knighting King Francis I after the Battle of Marignano. At the end of his days, he succumbed to a wound from an arquebus ball during the Battle of the Sesia in 1524. In the midst of the battle, we was attended by Pescara, the Spanish commander, and by his old comrade, Charles, duc de Bourbon, who was now fighting on the opposite side. Charles is reported to have said "Ah! Monsieur de Bayard... I am very sad to see you in this state; you who were such a virtuous knight!" Bayard answered,

"Sir, there is no need to pity me. I die as a man of honour ought, doing my duty; but I pity you, because you are fighting against your king, your country, and your oath."

These days, there are a number of monuments around France to his honour - such as the statue at Versailles, depicted. There is also "Chevalier de Bayard" wine, which my family took to ordering online for a while until we decided it wasn't actually that good. The name "Bayard" has been handed down my family from generation to generation - originally given to the oldest son in the family, but these days given to the oldest child in general. On my side of the family (as there have been a number of twins, where the name was shared) the name is currently held by my elder sister who has copies of some of the documents regarding the coat of arms etc.

Incidentally, I worked for a number of years in Japan and had the epithet looked at. For those of you who are interested, it translates to:

大胆 不敵 完全 無欠 の 騎士

Archangle on
  • Options
    BubbyBubby Registered User regular
    I'm 26 and found out I was adopted two weeks ago. I guess that's interesting in the ridiculous soap opera kind of way.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    I'm 26 and found out I was adopted two weeks ago. I guess that's interesting in the ridiculous soap opera kind of way.

Let us know if you suddenly experience amnesia.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

...I'm guessing this is a reference I missed

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    My Mum has actually been looking into our ancestry a lot in the past year or two!

I'd have to ask her for some of the meaty details, but one of my few actual convict ancestors was sent to Australia for highway robbery!

He stole a bunch of money from an Anglican Priest so that he could feed some of his family, believing that the money would otherwise go to waste with what the Priest was likely to do with it (well, that's what he claimed). He waylaid the Priest and managed to take the money without having to assault the poor man.

My Grandpa has been in two different air forces, both times he was (at some point) a parachuting instructor. I think his rough count was about 9000 jumps out of planes over the course of his service. That includes on in Vietnam where he was expecting to go into combat during a join mission with the British, but they found the outpost completely abandoned.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    trove is super good for Australian history stuff

I haven't been able to figure out what my convict ancestors were sent here for. I know a bunch of my mum's side were German immigrants who settled in the Lockyer Valley in South Queensland, as so many Germans did, but the convicts are a bit of a mystery

I think I'm supposed to have had ancestors on the First Fleet but I'm not sure who they are

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I don't know any cool ancient history about my family because it's been hard to find anything on ancestry sites with a common last name like mine.

I did find out that my maternal grandfather used to run numbers for the mafia and that when my dad was around 16 he gave him a gun and had him sit outside of his shop one night when bad shit was going down. In my dad's own words, he was scared shitless. My grandfather was also interviewed on America's Most Wanted because he was the last person to see a nightclub owner alive. The club owner was murdered by a junkie because he was known to carry around large amounts of cash.

And my parents were high school sweethearts and have been married for nearly 35 years now, which I think is pretty interesting.

• Options
    CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    I'm going to spoiler this for length. My family's big on genealogy.

First story:
    My maternal grandfather's dad was an Italian immigrant. He allegedly "bought a dress for another woman" and was promptly divorced by my great-grandmother when my grandfather was very young. The story was that because of the divorce, he was shipped back to Italy where he eventually died. Eventually, my great grandmother remarried a German guy, who adopted my grandfather. But the German guy was a drunk who didn't really support the family and was in and out of jail. So they were really, really poor. Like, so poor that if my grandfather wasn't invited to his adopted grandparent's house for dinner, he didn't get to eat that night. But Grandpa decided he hated that, so he started working and at fourteen was the sole source of income for his mother, and three younger siblings.

Eventually, he worked his way up to become chairman of a fortune 500 company. And because Italy was one of the "bad guys" in WWII, (not to mention there was a lot of bias against Italians prior to said war,) my grandfather lied and told everybody he was half French until his mom unwittingly spilled the beans to my mom when she was a teenager. My grandmother was pissed, because being the biased little WASP she was, she wouldn't have married my grandfather if she'd known he was Italian.

Fast-forward 30 years. Somebody does some digging, and realizes that my great-grandmother had lied. My great-grandfather never went back to Italy. Instead, he stayed in Detroit, married a woman with almost the exact same name as my great-grandmother, and had a son. Grandpa had a half brother he never knew about. Then my mom petitioned the state of Michigan for my great grandparent's divorce papers. There aren't any on record. My great grandmother, who had attempted to illegally divorce her husband, was actually lied to by her uncle (who was a judge) and never actually got the divorce. She may or may not have known about that, but my great-grandfather had no idea. Furthermore, my grandfather's adoption was also illegal, because his father (who was in the US, and who was known by my great-grandmother to be in the US) was never notified his son was getting adopted by another guy.

Second story:
    My username is a reference to this, actually. We can trace my mom's side of the family to the Macdonells of Glengarry, who's motto is "Creagan an Fhithich." (The spelling varies depending on what source you're using, but that is the one I prefer, and that is the one on the family crests my grandmother and great uncle owned.) It means "the raven's rock"- creagan being the "rock." (I could have gone for the bird, but Fhithich is really irritating to type and "creagan" sounds more feminine.) It's also a reference to the location of Invergrry Castle, which used to be the seat of the clan's chiefs before it got blown up in 1746.

And there is some really cool stuff in that clan's history. If you go really far back up the family tree, you can see that my family got passed over for inheriting the chiefdom because the current chief decided he wanted his second wife's kids to inherit, since she was an English princess. (We are descended from the first wife's eldest son.) And if you go back even further, you can trace our lineage back to the "first" Macdonald. Go further, and you start getting people that may have been human beings, or may have just been mythical deities. Like, some researchers are pretty sure one of my ancestors was actually the Irish Sun God. Which is pretty cool.

Oh, and one of my more recent ancestors from the Macdonell side of the family was really high ranking in the Canadian government. The guy that orchestrated Canada's independence from Britain was probably a close friend of his, too. I can't remember exactly, but either he was the pallbearer at my ancestor's funeral, or vise versa. We also came over during the Highland Clearances, because the clan chief married an English woman who wanted sheep instead of tenants.

Third story:
    My maternal grandfather's mother's great uncle was horribly allergic to bee stings. While he was working in the farm fields (the family moved to Michigan and tried to make it as farmers after two of them died in steel vats in Chicago,) he stumbled into a hornet's nest and got stung all over the place. He passed out, stopped breathing, and was pronounced dead.

Several days later, he woke up at his own funeral. When he sat up, everybody screamed and ran away. After that, my great-grandmother developed a very strong belief in ghosts, and would cite that specific event as the reason.

Fourth story:
    Yet again, my grandfather's side of the family proves to be extremely interesting. So my great-grandmother's grandmother, or something like that, was believed to have been "stolen" from her father by a school teacher after the girl's mother died. Afterwards, she married a guy who had stowed away on a ship at the age of fourteen because he hated his stepmother. Bonded by trauma, I guess.

Well, my mom did some digging. Apparently, the girl wasn't actually "stolen" at all. Not according to the paper work. According to the paperwork, and letters we found in one of my aunt's houses, the girl's father had actually started a second family with some southern woman when he was sent to the south to fight in the Civil War. A lot of people went MIA during war, so he was probably assumed dead. Well, during Reconstruction, one of his old friends recognized him and made him go back to his first family up North. A year later, the first wife is dead, and Mr. Bigamist has shipped out all his children with that woman to various people and moved back down south to his second wife. (Looks suspicious, right?) The girl apparently didn't fully understand what had happened, or didn't want to because geez.

Dad's side of the family:
    Two of my dad's great-great-great-etc uncles got chased out of a town by the sheriff for causing a ruckus and generally being unpleasant. When they got to the next town, the sheriff there shot them both dead. Apparently those dudes were downright shitty human beings, because nobody attended their funeral and the villagers held a party to celebrate their deaths. (Mom found death records and newspaper clippings verifying this.)

Some of my father's ancestors knew Daniel Boon. Like, they traveled with him, or something like that. Mom traced them to one of his settlements, which is kinda neat.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular

You're more likely to develop amnesia than the common cold on a soap opera.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BYToady wrote: »

In the spirit of family stories, I thought you were more likely to develop an evil twin than the common cold on a soap opera.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i come from a long line of "we don't really know but let's face it, probably dodgy as fuck".

Oh, and a bunch of uptight German Catholics on the other side. Party time!

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    Archangle wrote: »

In the spirit of family stories, I thought you were more likely to develop an evil twin than the common cold on a soap opera.

If you haven't had every single cast member playing an evil adopted twin with amnesia at some point, you're probably still in your first season.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options

Oh, right. Well that's what I get for trying to trying to be self deprecating about the burning car crash known as my life.

• Options

Oh, right. Well that's what I get for trying to trying to be self deprecating about the burning car crash known as my life.
    Could be worse. Could have received an invite to attend British Wizard Boarding School at 26.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I haven't looked much into my family history, but I do know two or three interesting things:
    • My great-granddad on my mother's side was a driver for The Mallard, the world's fastest steam locomotive.
    • His son, my granddad, was one of the first wardens of Brownsea Island, the site of Baden-Powell's first Scout camp.
    • The other side of the family is connected to Willie Duckworth, who was apparently big in popularising fizzy drinks in the UK.

And that's about it. Having surnames like Green and Jones in my heritage make it hard to idly research.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My greatgreatgrandmother (Mother-Mother-Fatherside) lived in Amsterdam in the 1880s as part of a lower working class family. And there she met a Russian sea captain, who knocked her up.
    The captain didn't know this until the next time he came to port, and was confronted with a pregnant honey in port.
    He took use of Dutch law at the time to effectively pay off alimony in a single lump sum. So now the single mother had quite a bit of money. And she spent it wisely, and got her young boy a good education.
    That really paid off, as he got a job at a major insurance firm around 1905.

Around 1910 he took the chance to be the head of his own branch... in Malang, East-Java, Dutch-Indies. He went there single, which is relatively unusual as my grandmother tells it. Once he got there, he fell in love with a local girl, and they married, which was pretty scandalous the time. But she died within 2 years. So he ends up marrying the daughter of a Dutchman instead. They have 5 children, the eldest a girl, my grandmother, and 4 sons, and are basically living it large. He owned one of the first automobiles in the province, signified by a picture my grandparent has of the family in front of the car with a license plate of '13.' They had a large house with 5 servants including a cook. Her childhood stories include meeting the local Radja at his fabolous palace in the mountains and a boa eating a piglet and being visible 3x the size about 1m down and barely able to move, and thus killed.

By way of his household budget booklet we can see that he actually paid his servants to get schooling for their children, and apparently this made him a bit of an unpopular man with the more conservative portions of Dutch population.

But in WW2 the Japanese quickly roll into the Indies. And they imprison anyone of Dutch descent and appropriate anything you can't carry into camps. At this point my grandmother is 13, and her brothers are 11 to 4. Worse, they split the males and females into seperate camps, in my families case more than a 100 miles apart. These camps are cruel, with minimal medical attention and too little food, and while everyone hangs on for 3 years, in the summer of 1945 both my greatgrandmother and greatgrandfather die, in the former case after the USA had dropped the first A-bomb.

Japan capitulates, but does in such a way that basically puts the native Indonesians in charge. So now my greatgrandmother, just turned 17, has to take care of her brothers 14 to 8, in a country that is at best indifferent to her plight. They end up in a camp under British supervision and the Dutch government arranged for repatriation. Part of the journey was on the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Venerable_(R63)

But the Dutch state was not really interested in helping refugees from the Indies either... the country was devastated by the war, barely able to feed and house itself, and the actions of the government amounted to basically calling distant family to see if they were willing to take them in, though they did all qualify for university grants a few years laters under orphan programs.

My grandmother ended up in the Northern, rural provinces, and her brothers were spread over 2 other families. None of them felt at home, but my grandmother was able to move to live with a different family member in a larger town where she met my grandfather. They married very quickly because it allowed to rent a house, and remain married to this day, now 66 years later.

All my greatuncles were well educated but didn't feel at home, and together with almost 200.000 other Dutchman went to the Americas. None went to the same place though, which results in me having family in California, Colorado, Toronto, Ottowa, Vancouver, Chicago and Chile. All were able to live the American dream to some extent, coming in with college degrees in the 1950s gave them great oppurtunities, from plastic surgeon to preacher to salesman for IBM in the Carribean. Those 4 brothers together have over 80 grandchildren and greatgrandchildren.

Although my grandmother is the only person who 'stayed behind' she has always been the center of the family. When the wartraumas caught up with them and relationships were strained, she worked effortlessly to get everyone on speaking terms. In the 1980s and 1990s adventurous 20 somethings would visit 'famous grandma Riet' in the Netherlands what seemed every 3 months and were free to stay over for as long as they liked.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I visited a building in Berlin specifically because it is one the very, very few hits you get on Wikipedia when you search for my last name. (I don't want to say what it is, though.)

Like many pale-skinned Americans, I have a pretty good idea of my genetic makeup and will blather on about it at the slightest provocation. One of my grandmothers was the first or second generation descendant of Polish immigrants. The entirety of my Mom's side of the family is of German origin, with my ancestors there emigrating to the US in the late 1800's. It gets a bit trickier with my Dad's dad, though. He's mostly German, but there is a strain on that side going back to what I think are original English settlers of Virginia.

One of the cooler things I've ever found, though, is this. The Census Bureau periodically releases old records that are deemed old enough that they won't compromise anyone's privacy. I searched the records when they were first put up. They were literally just the scanned pages of the handwritten census taker forms. Since my Dad's parents were, at the time, living in Philadelphia I realized that was incredibly pointless. My Mom's side is from rural Kansas, though, and indeed I was able to locate my Mom's Dad. I was able to learn that in 1930 he was still living at home with his parents and siblings, and that even though his parents were second generation Americans, their primary language spoken at home was German. Pretty neat.

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    We are all God's children so...

• Options
    I was found under a privet tree one midsummer morning.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I have an uncle that works for nintendo

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I have an uncle that works for nintendo

Woop-de-doo, who doesn't?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    my great uncle was the first man to shoot himself on live national television

I think it was national

edit: no it was state wide

either way, he didn't do it, so sayeth my grandpa

Depressperado on
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    My great^14th or so grandfather, on my father's mother's side, was Simon Bradstreet, a Puritan and signer of the charter for the Massachusetts Bay Colony. His wife, and my great^x grandmother, was Anne Bradstreet, one of the earliest American poets/authors

My paternal grandfather is one giant unknown because he was adopted and never let us do genetic testing, but we're pretty sure he was half or a quarter native American, especially because of his facial features and the fact that he was put up for adoption in 1930s Oklahoma

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother is a Disney Princess.
    f0926d23-1133-4404-81c2-68151e6ccc69.jpg

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I think the most interesting bit about me being a direct descendant of Simon Bradstreet (it's the most well documented bit of my paternal family history) is that it makes me some degree of cousin to Humphrey Bogart and Oliver Wendell Holmes if Wikipedia is to be trusted

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I'm a descendant of the original pilgrims that came over on the Mayflower. Don't know which ones exactly, my aunt has the family tree, but I do know John Alden and Priscilla Mullins (who most Mayflower descendants can trace back to).

• Options
    Decomposey wrote: »
    My great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandmother is a Disney Princess.
    f0926d23-1133-4404-81c2-68151e6ccc69.jpg

Which means you're related to a girl I went to school with, and Nancy Reagan.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will take some time to remember it but I know part of my families history from the 1800's on I can vouch for
    But a part of my family comes over from the fallout of ww2
    That's my mother's side
    My Father's I don't know much about it as this is the side that wants nothing to do with me and rarely talks to me even when it's needed
    So what I know is spotty at best

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    supposedly my mothers side of the family goes back to a member of the french aristrocracy that ended up getting the guillotine during the revolution

and i guess that made his family to decide to eventually move to what is now canada