As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars Movies]: Four . . .

19495969798100»

• Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    i have watched ANH and ESB despecialized editions in the last 2 months

i oughta watch RoTJ, I think they just released that

RoTJ despecialized is pretty good, there's two rough FX spots that I noticed: the Sarlacc pit and one of Vader's last scenes. You'll know it when you see it.

PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    I feel like Empire doesn't need to be de-specialized. What changed? They put windows in Cloud City, gave Boba Fett the clone voice, added spurs, and that's basically all I can think of.
    there's a bunch of tiny things

like they made luke scream when he jumps at cloud city
    some cgi here and there
    more wampa

but nothing too major no

but still

poo
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Did Lucas ninja a Vader "NOOOOOO!" into the ending of Special Edition RotJ? I've been watching all six movies leading up to Friday, and I finished them on Saturday. When Palpatine is trying to kill Luke, and Vader finally decides to stop him, I swear he went "NOOOOOO" right before he picked up Palpatine and tossed him over the railing.

I hadn't remembered that before, and I was telling my buddy at work that I guess there was a precedent for Vader doing that prior to episode 3. We looked it up on Youtube, and he didn't yell any "no's" in the clip we saw.

Two, actually. First is a quiet one, second is a louder one.

Honestly the first one doesn't feel out of place. Especially as it ties back pretty well to Anakin's fall. The last time he stood there watching Sidious blast someone with lightning, he made the wrong decision and wound up losing everything he cared about except Palpatine and his own power. This time, he makes the right one.

The second one just sounds silly.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Huh, I just watched ESB last night on Blu-Ray and there was no scream from Luke as he fell. More wampa, yeah that's wasted, but not movie breaking. honestly I really didn't notice much difference other than all the lighting and windows in Cloud City.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    A quiet forceful 'no' as a statement right before he does the lift and toss wouldn't be bad. Just Vader going, "Nope, not gonna let this happen." Doesn't really add anything though. The whole scene is just the Emperor laughing, lightning crackling, and Luke screaming. Once Vader moves into action, you don't need to add anything else to it, it's complete right there.

Really didn't like Greedo shooting first. Han shooting first is pretty iconic, and burned into my brain, so there's that. Plus, what sort of no-talent assclown is Greedo that he completely misses somebody sitting directly across a small table from him? Even Stormtroopers have some standards.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »
    A quiet forceful 'no' as a statement right before he does the lift and toss wouldn't be bad. Just Vader going, "Nope, not gonna let this happen." Doesn't really add anything though. The whole scene is just the Emperor laughing, lightning crackling, and Luke screaming. Once Vader moves into action, you don't need to add anything else to it, it's complete right there.

Really didn't like Greedo shooting first. Han shooting first is pretty iconic, and burned into my brain, so there's that. Plus, what sort of no-talent assclown is Greedo that he completely misses somebody sitting directly across a small table from him? Even Stormtroopers have some standards.

Poor Greedo was never told that humans could sever their head from their spine at will and slide it 6 inches to the right in the blink of an eye.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    McRhynoMcRhyno Registered User regular
    edited December 2015
    The luke scream was added in the late 90's re-release, but removed from subsequent versions. Possibly the only instance where they said "no... that's just too much..."

McRhyno on
    PSN: ImRyanBurgundy
  • Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    McRhyno wrote: »
    i have watched ANH and ESB despecialized editions in the last 2 months

i oughta watch RoTJ, I think they just released that

RoTJ despecialized is pretty good, there's two rough FX spots that I noticed: the Sarlacc pit and one of Vader's last scenes. You'll know it when you see it.

It's fucking stupid, but I miss the old song-and-dance number with the puppets and Max Rebo's band right before Oola becomes Rancor food in the original RotJ. It's such a minor thing but the new scenes make the whole scenario far too jovial and OTT.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever seen the version with Jedi Rocks in it.

I mean, I imagine I must have at some point on TV or something but I psychologically blocked out the abuse.

"Uncle George, noo!!"

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Jedi Rocks is worse than anything in the prequels, if that's possible.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    mollehmolleh Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see Collider's spoiler-free review late tonight (they're at the premiere.)

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    I think we can all agree that the Cloud City updates were, by far, the most tasteful and appropriate edits they did.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Jumped on to my local cinemas website and managed to grab 2 tickets in their premium seating on Friday at 9pm. Kind of stumped as to why I got premium tickets are a premium showing on a movie that's pretty much sold out everywhere.

• Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    I view the de specialized editions as a litmus test for the old versions coming out. If that guy starts getting heat from the lawyers, then an "orginal edition" release is being planned.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I think we can all agree that the Cloud City updates were, by far, the most tasteful and appropriate edits they did.

I liked how they made the effort to make the Cloud City scenes look organic to the original film. The backgrounds for the external shots look like matte paintings, and there really isn't anything in those additions that couldn't have been pulled off by the original crews.

Those scenes avoid the chief problems with the other additions - most of the new scenes look and feel like latter-day inserts. They don't add anything while breaking the pace and the tone of the films. That would be true even if they didn't already feel dated simply by being 90s-era CGI.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

Only because the "Add more B-wing to the battle of Endor" edits never showed up.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Only because the "Add more B-wing to the battle of Endor" edits never showed up.

You can never have enough B-Wings.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    New thread, people.
    You can go about your business.
    Move along.