As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Studios v. Wallets: Age of [Comics in the Movies, on TV, and Other Places]

• Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    That looks amazing.

PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Get you some crazy boxset!

CSA0m2KWwAAuCrW.jpg:large

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    From the looks of it, that set won't have the problem that Phase 1's did.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Which is what? Too easy to store?

Delduwath wrote: »

They had to deal with a trademark lawsuit over the briefcase packaging which caused major delays.

• M-TeeM-Tee Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Wow, the new Jessica Jones trailer came out, and it is incredibly dark.

That looks pretty awesome.

I'm hoping:
    Luke Cage is unpowered throughout this whole series and ends up in jail come season finale to set him up for his origin in his own series.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

They had to deal with a trademark lawsuit over the briefcase packaging which caused major delays.

Ah! I see.

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Wow, the new Jessica Jones trailer came out, and it is incredibly dark.

Xeddicus wrote: »
    Yay!

chiasaur11 on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Holy shit, that Jessica Jones trailer looks fantastic. And in terms of tone, it almost makes Daredevil look like an episode of My Little Pony.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Holy shit, that Jessica Jones trailer looks fantastic. And in terms of tone, it almost makes Daredevil look like an episode of My Little Pony.

From reviews of the pilot that's exactly what it is.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    New Jessica Jones trailer

9 days to go.

After Daredevil, I think I'm looking forward to this more than Avengers 2.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Seriously, these Jessica Jokes trailers look amazing. I have a strong feeling that Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are going to blow people away even more so than Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio.

edited November 2015
    Seriously, these Jessica Jokes trailers look amazing. I have a strong feeling that Krysten Ritter and David Tennant are going to blow people away even more so than Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio.

I was excited about Ritter being cast when I heard about it, loved her in Breaking Bad. She's earned her spot on that show by the trailers alone, and that's not easy after Daredevil this year.

Harry Dresden on
    Yep. And after Gracepoint, I've been aching for more dark, dramatic roles for David Tennant. So excite.

Yep. And after Gracepoint, I've been aching for more dark, dramatic roles for David Tennant. So excite.

Tennant's going to be awesome.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Tennant has some fabulous hair. Seriously, fuck that guy and his awesome hair. It puts Fillion's to shame.

Jessica Jones spoilers
    It has Patsy Walker AND Nuke!

"So was I" was a heck of a line with a great delivery. First time I've felt a little bad for Tony, which is not something the source material ever accomplished.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Awww no...
    Spidey cameo.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Best part of Civil War was "Thou art no Thor!", which sadly we're not going to see in the movies.

At this point, I'm looking forward more to the next Marvel Netflix series than the next Marvel movie. Jessica Jones was better than Daredevil, which was already pretty darn good.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    "So was I" was a heck of a line with a great delivery. First time I've felt a little bad for Tony, which is not something the source material ever accomplished.

It's doubly impressive when you consider how little one-on-one screen time Tony and Steve have actually shared. I mean, there's chemistry there, and they're good in crowd scenes, but I can only think of two scenes, one from each movie, where they're by themselves talking.

Shadowen wrote: »

It's doubly impressive when you consider how little one-on-one screen time Tony and Steve have actually shared. I mean, there's chemistry there, and they're good in crowd scenes, but I can only think of two scenes, one from each movie, where they're by themselves talking.

True, but they do at least have serious chemistry. The wood chopping scene was one of the best bits in Age of Ultron. The Tony/Steve interplay is part of what gives me hope for the movie adaptation being better than the comic.

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I really dig how they managed to make resident goofball Tony imposing in that trailer. The shot of him prying the elevator doors open feels almost like something from a horror movie.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    strange-ew.0.jpg

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    Looks good, little light in the facial hair dept, but the rest looks really spot on and not terrible.

There's something just off about the look, at least in that picture. Facial hair might be it. Or head hair may be a little short. There's just something hair related, is what I'm getting at.

I'm sure it looks fine on film.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    His facial hair looks more like his face is dirty, not that he's got a beard or whatever style he's going for.

sig.gif
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I like the costume and think they nailed the look apart from, as others menrioned, the facial hair which is blonde for some reason so it looks like he dyed his hair black and white

His facial hair is really light, both colour/growth wise, so it looks kinda ratty. My experience with this is that I'd love to go the Frank Zappa route of facial hair, but my soul patch is way too light even if the rest is a darker brown and so it just looks off. Kinda surprised they bothered to go with the grey at the temples, it's seems unnecessary.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    I wish they'd just gone with a mustache, to distinguish his facial hair from Stark's.

They're currently playing it up in the new Iron Man book. I'd assumed it was fan art, but no, this is from one of the books.
    u7ajgrogjblq.jpg

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    That's a nice contrast between the two characters. Tony Stark, bombastic and outgoing, Stephen Strange, too stoic and serious for his own good.

• MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    edited January 2016
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    I wish they'd just gone with a mustache, to distinguish his facial hair from Stark's.

Tony's goatee in the movies and more modern comics has always bugged me for this reason. I get that the original reference is increasingly lost on young readers/viewers, but I prefer Tony with just a well-kept mustache, as a nod to dear old Howard Hughes .. er, Stark.
    r3fiq74wmo72.jpg

imkam34s6i74.jpg

The issue is that the original inspiration for Doctor Strange (I suspect; I don't know it like the Howard Hughes thing) also typically wore the same kind of mustache.
    scoyyu2y4i9l.jpg

So he should have a nice beatnick Fu Manchu, to distinguish him. If Tony leaps past the Fu Manchu to a full goatee, then what the hell is Strange going to do? Wear a full-on Zak Brown beard?

Then what the hell is Thor going to do?! I say thee nay!

... Marvel needs an in-house Mustache Continuity Editor is what I'm saying.

EDIT: Spoilered for size of faces and face hair.

MrMiscreant on
    LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular

tumblr_mho8jvKuvv1s3d7cqo1_500.jpg

kyrcl.png

9acd293c1450f7e046fc937f878fe9b3.jpg

Mego Thor wrote: »

tumblr_mho8jvKuvv1s3d7cqo1_500.jpg

I am getting great amusement at pretending this is Lady Thor.

• iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I've always wondered why Kirby went with blonde hair instead of red like in the old myths.