As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mean Streets of Gadgetzan out now![Hearthstone]

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    yo when's week 2 of this anyway

I want to try that new hunter trap

Most likely tomorrow sometime

I am unsure about that trap

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Trap will come out during week 3 aka December 3rd

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    "Win 5 Tavern Brawls" on both regions. Well played, Blizzard.

On EU I played Rogue, because it has the benefit of Pirate Synergy, I've gotten good value out of One-Eyed (the 4/1 stealth guy). Also you can knife the opponent's pirates, which usually gives you board control early game.

On NA I'm now playing Pally, because he has a good number of bullshit cards (same as in Arena basically)

Grobian on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    druid raptor is super good

• Options
    I haven't had much luck with it

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    so, put nerubar weblord in your deck

trust me

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I tried Brann Bronzebeard in a Hunter deck. I have yet to draw him, but I feel like it could be neat.

• Options
    Brann + jeweled scarab is good times

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    brann + healbot

brann + any discover card

brann + gorehowl and emp t on a previous turn + bloodsail raider + charge + faceless manipulator

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Mill Rogue with Brann is fun, but every game is so nerve wracking.

This is my list ( @Whippy I think you're a fan of mill?), before LoE it was -2 Scarab, - Brann, +1 BGH, + 2 Refreshment Vendor

h5xx65cztcn5.jpg

• Options
    That is a ton of spells.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    i guess i could get this new adventure

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »

This is my list ( @Whippy I think you're a fan of mill?), before LoE it was -2 Scarab, - Brann, +1 BGH, + 2 Refreshment Vendor

h5xx65cztcn5.jpg
    What's your broad strategy with this deck (beyond 'run the other dude out of cards')? And what could I swap in for Thalnos?

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015

h5xx65cztcn5.jpg
    What's your broad strategy with this deck (beyond 'run the other dude out of cards')? And what could I swap in for Thalnos?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3t5e47/indepth_mill_rogue_guide_by_frietjeman/
    I personally swapped Azure for Brann, you could probably just swap thalnos for Brann instead. You could also drop Azure like I did and swap thalnos for Doomsayer or even loot hoarder.

Coinage on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thalnos is so good that I probably wouldn't try replacing him. I would put the BGH back in, because I miss him often. I'm still evaluating the scarabs, they could easily be BGH, vendor or si:7 instead.

The broad strategy is to play 2-3 oracles when your opponent is in fatigue. That means you need to live to that point and also gang up an Oracle sometime before. It also means that any face damage you deal is pretty much useless.

Oracles are your most important card, you can't waste them. Wasting your opponents cards to overdraw is good, but doesn't win you the game. Usually you want to play the first one with gang up in the same turn. The second gang up is more flexible. Try to have a plan for when your deathlord dies, it's OK to tank some damage because you have good healing. Use oracle(s) & prep & vanish as board clear, but be aware that death rattles still trigger. Brann is either in the finishing combo or more likely comboed with heal bot.

Mulligan for early removal including eviscerate and deathlord/scarabs, you can keep oracle against slow decks. FoK against Paladin and Hunter, sap against druid. Prep is often good to keep.

Exception: Against face hunter you can't play for mill, so you gang up heal bots and eventually win with face damage.

Grobian on
  • Options
    someone show me a decent beast deck that uses mounted raptor

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    playing the brawl and the opponent activates cards meaning the last card in his hand is a dragon, but because he hasn't played it yet I think it's probably alex.

Pick up weblord and he sits around for like 4 turns before he can get rid of it and play alex

I feel like a genius

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    i opened a deathwing earlier

someone tell me how to use this guy

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    i opened a deathwing earlier

someone tell me how to use this guy
    Play a deck that can stall until fatigue and play it as your last card.

• Options
    there better be something juicer i can do than that

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    I had three warrior quests line up today, so I made control/fatigue warrior for the first time. Basically Kolento's list.

It's one of the most fun decks I've played. Does that mean there's something wrong with me?

• Options
    No, control warrior is a good deck and there's nothing wrong with liking long games. There's also nothing wrong with liking short games and for example face hunter is also a good deck.

• Options
    so i heard unearthed raptor caused an infinite loop because of shadowstep effects

now i want to build a deck around it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
    I've built a control and dragon priest and still can't get my win ratio up as high as my Secretdin deck. Playing it isn't quite autopilot or anything but I'm starting to get a little bored with it. I dust every druid/hunter/shaman card I get so I'm kind of stuck there. Thinking about saving up for a control warrior just for fun, but the good ones cost hella dust.

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular

It is a super hard card to play. You have to be losing on the board, not have anything in your hand that will help you later, and your opponent can't have a removal spell.

Or you could try to use it with Ancestral Call. Maybe in a shaman dragon deck.

I hope you figure something out with it.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    webber wrote: »

It is a super hard card to play. You have to be losing on the board, not have anything in your hand that will help you later, and your opponent can't have a removal spell.

Or you could try to use it with Ancestral Call. Maybe in a shaman dragon deck.

I hope you figure something out with it.

astral communion.

• Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    HOT DAMN

After playing all this time with crummy free-to-play decks playing secret paladin is brutal.

It's time to get revenge on all those face hunters and handlocks that kept me at rank 18.

Flay on
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Playing a Brann into an Unearthed Raptor getting double Nerubian Egg deathrattles is spectacularly dirty. Rogue is fun again! Woo!

• Options
    nZpuBr3.jpg?1

hmmm

• Options
    SnowglobeSnowglobe Registered User regular
    nZpuBr3.jpg?1

hmmm

Is there a saying that means the opposite of "When it rains, it pours"?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Snowglobe wrote: »
    nZpuBr3.jpg?1

hmmm

Ross' posts

• Options
    I post as the sheep defecates

Continually, and at random

- Ancient Persian proverb

• Options
    nZpuBr3.jpg?1

hmmm

There's a German saying that translates as: "the devil always shits on the biggest heap"

• Options
    nZpuBr3.jpg?1

hmmm

There's a German saying that translates as: "the devil always shits on the biggest heap"

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

• Options
    Rude.

• Options
    don't fuck with russians

• Options
    Gross.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I love the Russian painting that is based on that drunken letter. It should be in Hearthstone.

Corehealer on
    488W936.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Spellslinger -> Thoughtsteal

that was fantastic!

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited November 2015
    whooooooo wants to win me a spectate quest pack

NemoWoodbine#1865

Whippy on