As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mean Streets of Gadgetzan out now![Hearthstone]

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    force force innervate roar after a Emp T turn, imo

if we're going there might as well mention T in force force innervate innervate roar roar

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Force Force Roar Roar would be a good band name nobody would get.

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    yeah I am pretty glad to see mad scientist and Dr. Boom go

I am excited to see how standard turns out, and especially to see how the next expansion looks

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular

You say this as if Abusive and Knife Juggler aren't going to get nerfed.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    I wouldnt be suprised if knife became a 2/2 which only does dmg for the first minion summoned

and if abusive was outright removed

J3qcnBP.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    They said they will nerf between 10 and 20 cards in Basic/Classic, so I don't expect them to change Abusive. Knife Juggler maybe.

Basic seems fine to me unless they want to take a stab at Innervate.

In Classic I can see them changing some Legendaries if they want to reduce the overall power level. Alex, Antonidas, Tirion, Grom, Ysera. I don't think they are necessarily broken, but I got the impression they want the set that is always Standard to be somewhat baseline.

They will probably go after ForceRoar, but I'm not sure which of those.

If they nerf BGH, they probably need to nerf the Giants, too.

I can see them going after Silence. If there is any point in time where that makes sense, it's now. Owl, Spellbreaker, Keeper, Earth Shock and the actual Silence card are all Classic and could be nerfed at the same time. Maybe have Silence not clear Taunt. Maybe make the cost/stats worse. Maybe just rebalance it to only go on high mana cost minions so it isn't an aggro tool anymore. Who knows.

Divine Favor is pretty broken. But there's a couple of overpowered class cards and I don't know if they just want to nerf all of them. Highmane/Fire Elemental/Freezing Trap/Ancient of Lore/Doomguard etc. are pretty iconic and it's nice to have great cards that you can build decks around.

Grobian on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    silence is an aggro-only tool because there's nothing worth silencing but taunts

liEt3nH.png
    silence is an aggro-only tool because there's nothing worth silencing but taunts

sylvanas, tirion, ysera

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg

sylvanas, tirion, ysera

are not strong enough to bother putting silence effects in control decks when you could just kill them instead

liEt3nH.png
    silencing ysera is a waste of a silence

J3qcnBP.png

sylvanas, tirion, ysera

are not strong enough to bother putting silence effects in control decks when you could just kill them instead

I disagree

I'm actually a big fan of spellbreaker in control priest, and maybe sometimes control warrior (definitely in reno warrior, but I don't play reno warrior)

and silencing ysera is just something I see warlocks do a lot

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

sylvanas, tirion, ysera

wildly disagree with this

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Tirion has taunt, divine shield, AND a deathrattle that summons a good weapon.

Honestly I have no idea how my low budget deck would respond if not for silence.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    low budget decks are a completely separate matter and must make do with the tools available

liEt3nH.png
    well, low-budget decks and high-budget decks deal with tirion the same way, anyway

removal isn't usually expensive dust-wise (there's like, what, shield slam and crush that are over rare?)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
    ah but you cannot craft entomb sir

liEt3nH.png
    ah but you cannot craft entomb sir

ah but it is in an adventure sir

there's a reason the most common type of recommended newbie decklists are low dust cost+[adventure]

usually it's Naxx but obvs that's gonna be changing and LoE is a pretty strong adventure in its own right

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    370px-Elise_Starseeker_full.jpg?version=d521bae0ae42a68de3e281118abaec36

Greetings adventurers! Thanks to you, the Staff of Origination is no longer collecting dust in three stereotypical Indiana Jones settings, but is now instead collecting dust on our mantlepiece. As a reward, have some more Entombs!

And feel free to keep Reno; maybe now the Hall of Explorers can finally get some peace and quiet.

488W936.png
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    silencing ysera is a waste of a silence
    Not if there's literally nothing else you can do about it. It is actually possible to win with Ysera bopping your minions, it's not with dream cards.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    low budget decks are a completely separate matter and must make do with the tools available

Well in that regard, anything that helps low budget decks gets newer players into the game more. And silences are a big part of that in my experience.

I'm still a new player focusing on Pally and I can make it to rank 15 in my second season playing (started late Jan I think), and that success early on is what is getting me into the game way more. So anything that supports that, I'm good with.

Vivixenne on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Maybe my blood knight deck will be the newest thing once blizzard fucks up a bunch of tier 1s

Wait nevermind, I'm losing annoyatron and shielded minibot aren't I

Fuck me

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    Maybe my blood knight deck will be the newest thing once blizzard fucks up a bunch of tier 1s

Fuck me

They might be adding in more divine shields in the new ~130 card expansion that coincides the release of standard, yaknow

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I tried putting Blood Knight in because of all the paladins, I don't think I ever actually got it off.

Fuck me

They might be adding in more divine shields in the new ~130 card expansion that coincides the release of standard, yaknow

I refuse to get my hopes up
    Coinage wrote: »
    I tried putting Blood Knight in because of all the paladins, I don't think I ever actually got it off.

I opened a blood knight in a pack so I made a deck around making it go off for shits and giggles

The first game I played with it I coined into a 6/6 on turn two and the second game I had a 9/9 on turn 3 and suddenly I "got" why they made this card

I immediately crafted another one

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I have so much fun playing an annoyatron into what I know is a mirror entity and following up with a knight

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

blood knight used to be an amazing card in arena

used to be

edited February 2016
    i was initially very downtrodden about wild and standard

i still am i suppose

but i just played a druid game where i t1 leper gnome coined leper gnome, t2 knife jugglered, t3 piloted shredder, and innervate double savage roar to win on turn 4

yeah maybe this shit needs to change

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    holy shit ass I just realized healbot is rotating out, fuck me

I hate healbot so much, I constantly forget it's a thing since I don't have many gvg cards myself

Healbot is the saving grace of so many non-aggro decks that I will be sad to see it leave.

But I am happier to see the end of Dr. Boom so whatevs

Also I finally made a Dragon Priest deck! It's been super fun so far and I think with some tweaking I can break into the top 10 ranks with this one!

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    dragon priest has hands down the most disgusting curve outside of rare ramp druid shenanigans

hurr hurf im green/white i drop massive fatties every turn until i win

edited February 2016
    I still struggle real hard against any aggro deck with removal. Mages and most hunters in particular are the worst.

I hate Druids most of the time too.

Also, does anyone else have issues with constantly disconnecting from games using the mobile version? Even when I'm on wi-fi I disconnect at least twice every match.

Anzekay on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    i was initially very downtrodden about wild and standard

i still am i suppose

but i just played a druid game where i t1 leper gnome coined leper gnome, t2 knife jugglered, t3 piloted shredder, and innervate double savage roar to win on turn 4

yeah maybe this shit needs to change

I got a turn 4 win with my Hobgoblin deck, courtesy of a Young Dragonhawk, two Cold Bloods, Abusive Sergeants and some Eviscerates.

It doesn't happen often so I'll take it when it does.

Anzekay wrote: »
    I still struggle real hard against any aggro deck with removal. Mages and most hunters in particular are the worst.

Also, does anyone else have issues with constantly disconnecting from games using the mobile version? Even when I'm on wi-fi I disconnect at least twice every match.

Yeah, the mobile app is hot garbage with connection issues unless you are literally in the same room as your router and even then sometimes it shits the bed

And yet that is still where I play most of my games

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg

Yeah, the mobile app is hot garbage with connection issues unless you are literally in the same room as your router and even then sometimes it shits the bed

I need to remember to never ever play arena games on the mobile app. I've lost like 3 games purely from disconnecting in the past week D:

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

Counterpoint, I play on American servers from Asia using cellular, not wifi, and basically never drop, soooooooo....

Yeah, I use cellular all the time and have never dropped a HS game on my iphone

J3qcnBP.png
    The shit doesn't even connect when I'm on data

How is that possible

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    I've played a lot of Hearthstone using data. Never had an issue with it. DC's while on wireless are also rare for me.