As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers II: Ultronic Boogaloo [Superheroes]

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I like First Avenger a little more every time I watch it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am reading Alias and it is SUPER GODDAMN WEIRD to see Luke Cage dropping the F-Bomb and N-Bomb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I am reading Alias and it is SUPER GODDAMN WEIRD to see Luke Cage dropping the F-Bomb and N-Bomb

Well Blank Alias is a MATURE COMIC for MATURE READERS

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Also, why is there a statue of Superman if everyone hates him? Why are they kneeling and cheering for him if they all hate him? This movie makes no sense.

Some people like him, other people hate him, maybe?

Rather than everyone being a hive mind with the same opinion.

Reconstruction of the park was made possible by a generous donation from the Glorious Godfrey Foundation and the statue was dedicated to the heroism of Superman, savior of Metropolis.

KingofMadCows on
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

Well Blank Alias is a MATURE COMIC for MATURE READERS
    I know!

It is just super weird to know this is the same Luke Cage in Avengers and also that Marvel was cool with bringing Alias into continuity in such a huge way

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Captain America: the First Avenger has my favorite scene in the entire MCU.

That film is great.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Despite thinking the MAX imprint as a whole was kind of tiresome, I actually do recall liking Alias even though I haven't read it in like over a decade at this point so it largely all blurs together

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Which scene is that, @Zonugal ?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I just read Year One

That was pretty good!

But boy if there wasn't some unfortunate stuff in there

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Zonugal wrote: »

oh, the one with the alcohol

• Options
    SHUT UP GEEBS

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    So I just read Year One

That was pretty good!

But boy if there wasn't some unfortunate stuff in there
    It becomes a much better, and unfortunately almost entirely male driven, book if you just cut out all of the Selina Kyle bits

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

If you ever need to know how good of an actor Stanley Tucci is, Captain America is a great example.

Man was in about four scenes and he convincingly (and beautifully I may say) became Steve's father.

Ceno on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Despite thinking the MAX imprint as a whole was kind of tiresome, I actually do recall liking Alias even though I haven't read it in like over a decade at this point so it largely all blurs together

Alias was the first ever MAX book as well.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Bubby wrote: »
    The BvS spoiler is a good thing because there's already too many characters in that movie.

But that character could just not be in it!

Why close that door

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the first captain america is super underrated

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    in my opinion, captain america the first avenger is better than captain america the return of the first avenger

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Apparently there's a pic floating around for BvS that spoiles the fate of a certain character (Probably not a plot spoiler, but be wary none-the-less)
    It's a tombstone for "Richard John Grayson."

IF YOU THINK DC KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING

YOU DON'T KNOW DICK

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Yes let's keep really obviously talking around the spoiler

Good job everyone

• Options
    Huh

I wonder if Apocalypse is still going to be set in the 80s, as Simon Kinberg did an interview where he says Deadpool, Apocalypse and Gambit will all be aware of one another and acknowledge any earth shaking things that happens in the other films.

I suppose they could just have them go "oh hey remember back in the 80s when x happened" but unless they send the whole team into the future I don't see how they could have all the young actors playing the X-Men play the same characters in the present day

Having the while X-Universe be stuck in the 80s/90s would be

Pretty fitting actually

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I was being sarcastic, Goatman

Y'all are being unfair to anyone who might actually want to not have things spoiled for a movie that isn't out until next year.

• Options
    Yeah uh

Regardless of whether it sucks or not

Don't be idiots about spoilers guys

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    BvS
    There is like, a billion Robins. It's no big loss
    Dick Grayson is way more than just another Robin

He is one of the best characters DC has

Hell he was a more interesting Batman than Batman
    Now we're going to miss out on all the awesome Dick Grayson character details that DC has been slavish about preserving with its other movie heroes
    Does this mean we can get Dick Grayson in the Arrowverse?
    Doesn't matter.
    DC is kind of a dick when it comes to character rights in it's own properties. Villains aside, the closest JLU ever got to using any of the Bat-Family was a silhouette of Nightwing on a building when a couple of other characters were in Bludhaven.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    more like randall ghostmon

NeoToma on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    if you care about spoilers for BvS, that means you intend to see it, and have already decided to welcome suffering

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I am incredibly sorry I posted that spoiler now. Sorry guys.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

That's a very good scene.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I feel bad since i kinda had a major death in daredevil spoiled for me the last thread

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I feel bad since i kinda had a major death in daredevil spoiled for me the last thread
    Then why did you just quote the spoiler

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Also, why is there a statue of Superman if everyone hates him? Why are they kneeling and cheering for him if they all hate him? This movie makes no sense.

My new theory is it was built in the hope that Supes probably wouldn't destroy it or the immediate area around it because it's a rad statue of him, so maybe your home is safer under the giant angry alien statue.

Similarly, kneeling and cheering for him so that he doesn't throw your car into the next county or something.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

You should feel bad,
    that was very ignobu of you.

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular

That's a very good scene.

Yeah, though the grenade scene is my personal favorite from TFA. It's one of the best examples of "show, don't tell" I've ever seen in a movie.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Just remembered that I have something completely unavoidable this Wednesday night, which is when I was supposed to see avengers.

That sucks

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Some people like him, other people hate him, maybe?

Rather than everyone being a hive mind with the same opinion.

sutherland.jpg

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the first act of captain america the first america is good

the rest of it is bad though

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    so let me ramble about the DC tabletop game I'm running soon because I sometimes need to vent to people not attached in the game in any way.
    The idea of the game is kind of like that John Byrne Batman/Superman Generations thing except not. Superman, Batman, the JSA and anyone else around in the forties was actually active around then, and the Golden Age ended with the JSA being called to the McCarthy hearing in 1954. Most of them retired after being hounded to the government as to their secret identity, except for Batman (who went back to being hells of underground) and Superman (who mysteriously disappeared in the 90's). There hasn't been another age of heroes since then in part to the actions of the oppressive anti-metahuman Department of Extranormal Operations and the shadowy machinations of the rogue spy agency Checkmate. The formation of the Justice League is going to kickstart the whole thing, a silver age that's only about fifty years late.

The party so far is an alternate version of the trinity-

Jason Todd/Batman: Todd was Dick Grayson's Robin before the old man took a bullet to the knee and had to retire, The two are currently estranged. He's struggling with a lot of anger and abandonment issues but isn't...QUITE as insanely obsessed as the canon version,

Kara Zor-El/Supergirl: basically the New 52 version except Kal-El fucked off decades before she arrived so she's super alone and DEO's public enemy number one.

Donna Troy/Wonder Woman: Made from clay and the blood of Diana, Steve Trevor, and Artemis (who are in a poly relationship), initially left Themyscira to track down Fury, an escaped amazon criminal, and stayed to help and try to accomplish the peace her mother gave up on.

spoilered on the off chance no one gives a fuck

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

I disagree

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I disagree

allow me to explain, in painstaking detail, why you're wrong and also bad

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

I wouldn't say bad

But when his whole time in the war is reduced to a single montage... yeah that was pretty unsatisfying

Very much a fan of that first half, though. Right up until the rescue sequence

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
This discussion has been closed.