Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Tidus' Sketchbook

amswafford amswafford Battle Creek, MichiganRegistered User new member
Hey all, Tidus here!

As you might tell by looking at my art, I'm a illustrator/comic book artist at heart - currently working on a online web-comic, which should start soon. Inspired by other online comic and the creators such as Penny-Arcade and MegaTokyo, I've been pushing myself more and more.

With that said, here is some of my more recent stuff that I've done this past month or two:
scwxbh7f8of6.jpg
y0elm47tj4k0.jpg
70h63hyhczsh.png
y0etcs8h71hg.jpg

WIP's
3xyuzg8v07vc.jpg
hmh6aahcgsfh.jpg
fp3710dx0l5t.jpg
poipshx6tyzu.jpg

8gbkbe1de9f5.jpg
nst20grkbj0b.jpg
g3yiqh96aa83.jpg

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    I'm assuming that some the sketches and the top in sketches are directly from reference, while this: https://us.v-cdn.net/5018289/uploads/editor/uu/70h63hyhczsh.png

Is not?

Looking at your WIPs, it looks like you have no under structure for your drawings, like you are copying the reference down as if you were doing a grid drawing, part by part. This means you have some alright observation skills, but if you are going to move into webcomics, and imaginative drawing, you are going to need to work on construction.

Theres a book that may help you with this: http://www.amazon.com/Imaginative-Realism-Paint-Doesnt-Exist/dp/0740785508

I also think some of the critiques in brushwood mutt's thread probably apply.