As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I have a feeling navigators might be gone. Let's hope so.

Where are all the scans at? Also, yay for negotiation. Hopefully it's based on Raidou 2, that was as good as it'll ever be. (With demons helping you to smooth over mistakes.)

Ah, here we go:
    http://personacentral.com/persona-5-weekly-famitsu-scans-feature-character-and-persona-artwork/

It's kind of alarming how complete the game looks. Did Hashino really want to delay it, and by that much?

could be buggy as hell, that's not the sort of thing you put in screenshots

Also designing real dungeons takes more work than a random "connect halls to rooms" generator.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Randomized dungeons take far more work in testing than a real dungeon ever will

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Philistines...

I think I'm starting to lose it in the absence of a new SMT game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    Eh, there's a new disgaea coming out in 2 weeks.

They're very demon/anime-y too, with arguably more complex systems and post-credits content.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular

Oh sure. I just meant actual development. Like, when we see a shot of a dungeon in P5 that could genuinely be the only section of the dungeon that is "complete". Whereas if we see, for example, a shot of Rise's dungeon, then basically the entire dungeon is "complete".

In short, I'm not including testing in my definition of complete.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Eh, there's a new disgaea coming out in 2 weeks.

They're very demon/anime-y too, with arguably more complex systems and post-credits content.

It'll look great on my PS3! Oh wait. I'm not stressed though, more time for MGSV and... uh, backlog I guess.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

Oh sure. I just meant actual development. Like, when we see a shot of a dungeon in P5 that could genuinely be the only section of the dungeon that is "complete". Whereas if we see, for example, a shot of Rise's dungeon, then basically the entire dungeon is "complete".

In my experience, 'needs more time in testing' is more likely to be the reason for a game's delay than 'we haven't finished making the dungeons yet.'

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I think some of us will appreciate this.

tumblr_nv7z8jwiax1rzz1cdo1_540.png

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Blackjack wrote: »

In my experience, 'needs more time in testing' is more likely to be the reason for a game's delay than 'we haven't finished making the dungeons yet.'

Indeed, creation of art assets is, I believe, usually one of the first things that gets done in video game development.

In more pleasant news, my Dancing All Night CE just shipped! Presumably everyone else who preordered should be getting shipping notices soon as well.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    yessssss Amazon got my copy to me a day early.

Really glad I got the collector's edition. Case is pretty nice, but I'm not gonna use it over the one I have because my backpack gets banged around and I need a hard case.

Honestly I think my favorite part is the teddie keychain.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Apparently mine is getting here tomorrow sometime. It's been a long time since I picked up a rhythm game. That last one I played was some rocket/firework/classical music game on Xbox.

• Options
    Well this is definitely a Persona game.

Still haven't gotten to any actual gameplay. :P

• Options
    GAMEPLAY.

I really love this game.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I think some of us will appreciate this.

tumblr_nv7z8jwiax1rzz1cdo1_540.png

HAHAHAHAH

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Apparently mine is getting here tomorrow sometime. It's been a long time since I picked up a rhythm game. That last one I played was some rocket/firework/classical music game on Xbox.

I'm worried. I suck at rhythm games. Like badly. I think I was able to finish three Easy songs in the first Hatsune Miku after a lot of trial and error and well I gave up.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »

I'm worried. I suck at rhythm games. Like badly. I think I was able to finish three Easy songs in the first Hatsune Miku after a lot of trial and error and well I gave up.

It has a real, real easy beginner's mode for story. I think you'll be fine.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    "Claim your free Girls Swimsuit Costume Pack, this week only!"

You know, I can't even say I'm surprised.

• Options
    Oh also!

Part of the Dancing All Night collector's edition was a vita face-skin. But sadly, even if I didn't already have one on, I have an old fat vita and the skin is designed for the slim vita model. If anyone has a slim vita and wants it, just PM me, no charge.

• Options

As I suspected I am total shit at this. Like 2-star difficulty is problematic. How are you supposed to hit the blue circle/fever circle lines while doing everything else?!?!

I haven't played Story Mode yet. Waiting until I finish MGSV and Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls.

• Options

As I suspected I am total shit at this. Like 2-star difficulty is problematic. How are you supposed to hit the blue circle/fever circle lines while doing everything else?!?!

I haven't played Story Mode yet. Waiting until I finish MGSV and Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls.

Both sticks work, so I just flick the stick opposite of the buttons I'm using at the moment. Starting to get rough though now that I get more and more double-notes (the pink ones).

You can also turn on the option to use the L/R buttons to do the circles instead of flicking the stick, but by the time I found that the muscle memory was too strong and trying to use L/R fucked me up.

• Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Both sticks work, so I just flick the stick opposite of the buttons I'm using at the moment. Starting to get rough though now that I get more and more double-notes (the pink ones).

You can also turn on the option to use the L/R buttons to do the circles instead of flicking the stick, but by the time I found that the muscle memory was too strong and trying to use L/R fucked me up.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try that.

• Options
    Kind of disheartening to have someone more fluent in Japanese go over the EP PSP script, looks like there's a lot of work to be done. Didn't pick up on Baofu's dialogue being very terse and Yakuza-esque. Also might be taking out the foreign words from Elly's dialogue in favor of just making her very formal.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I finally unlocked All Night difficulty yesterday and it's nice to actually be challenged on some of these songs. Mostly it's the fact that I'm a musician that's helping me out with the rhythm though.

I do wish there was a better indication on spacing. Half notes, quarter notes, etc.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    So there's some kind of SMTIV thing happening

Here's the quote from Gamatsu:

"The official Shin Megami Tensei IV Japanese website was updated today with a mysterious teaser.

The page now features a 15,000 Twitter tweet countdown until an “disaster” will occur. A giant question mark surrounded by cracks is featured in the center of the image."

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    DeMoN wrote: »

"The official Shin Megami Tensei IV Japanese website was updated today with a mysterious teaser.

The page now features a 15,000 Twitter tweet countdown until an “disaster” will occur. A giant question mark surrounded by cracks is featured in the center of the image."

Whelp.

I always knew twitter would unleash an army of demons, destroying humanity.

Fortunately, I have a baseball bat, a leather jacket, and a 3DS. I am set for starting RPG equipment.

• Options
    DeMoN wrote: »

ddHgwYD.jpg

Almost certainly an updated version of IV, hopefully for Vita. (Yeah right)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    It'll probably be some sort of PS4 HD upgraded super edition.

Features
    -improved textures
    -world map

• Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    I'd be ecstatic if it were SMT4 for PSV or PS4. Fully expecting SMT4:Final for 3ds though. An updated version with a new added ending, some new bosses, a new area and featuring Dante from Devil May Cry™.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Well fans got to that quickly.

LIkXnq6.jpg

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I'd be ecstatic if it were SMT4 for PSV or PS4. Fully expecting SMT4:Final for 3ds though. An updated version with a new added ending, some new bosses, a new area and featuring Dante from Devil May Cry™.

They could call it the Crazy Person Edition. They'd have to add the BEST ending, though.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I would play some more SMT IV, sure

• Options
    If it's got a world map I might play this

• Options
    edited October 2015
    Argh, so close...

edit- 1100, 800, 400, 100...

Oh atlus, you and your countdowns.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Countdown to.... a livestream date.

http://megaten4f.jp/

I should have learned by now not to expect anything at the end of an Atlus countdown.

• Options
    fBRtFIy.jpg

New 3ds game, set in the SMT4 Universe.

• Options
    Is that SMT Tingle I'm seeing there, center-left?

• Options
    OmnibusOmnibus Registered User regular
    Red outfit, blonde, shotgun. Is that Nozomi? And glowy green guy looks like Navarre's ghost.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Is that SMT Tingle I'm seeing there, center-left?

And next to him, center-right, is SMT-Gannondorf.

• Options
    Now I want a Persona 4 bird's eye action adventure spinoff.

(No I don't)

This discussion has been closed.