As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Uggggh the Hanged Man link still breaks my heart after all this time.
    ...You know, I like cream puffs. I know it's kinda girlish. There's a good cream puff shop by our house, so every once in a while I'll buy some and take them home. If I put them in the fridge, Sis would eat 'em. She'd make up some lame excuse like, "I ate them for you since they were about to expire." So we'd always get into fights over the cream puffs.

But now... the cream puffs don't disappear. I bought some, and they expired in the fridge. When I saw that, I thought, "Oh, maybe... Maybe Sis isn't here anymore," y'know. So I threw them away.

I told you before, "If you ask me if I hate the killer, the answer is no." The truth is, it's not even a no... I don't know anything. I have a meaningless daily life... Just confused parents and a dark house. Just rotting cream puffs...

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Elizabeth really got pummeled with the nerf bat. No more Agidyne pressure.

Adachi is a difficult beast, but he's too stylish to ignore.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Game Informer says Atlus (no mention of whether it's JPN or USA) will be doing a livestream on May 2nd with a "super important Persona announcement".

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Game Informer says Atlus (no mention of whether it's JPN or USA) will be doing a livestream on May 2nd with a "super important Persona announcement".

A game company having a livestream announcement on a weekend, when I'm not at work? Unheard of.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular

I can safely say there's very few game companies where they can schedule a 'super important announcement', and be guaranteed it's probably that important. Atlus is one of those... only other company I can think of that might also count is Rockstar. They have announcements so rare they make goddamn events out of them that don't suck, and that's pretty rad.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular

If you're talking about this (http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/27/atlus-teasing-persona-announcement-for-may-2.aspx?utm_content=buffercc5b2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer) that was last year.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Yep! You're right!

I'm an idiot!

• Options
    Ahaha. Ahahahaha. Yukiko gets Mind Charge. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

BURN!

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Welcome to Persona 4: Broken.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Well, that only really unlocks once you get partywide heat riser.

• Options
    Mind Charge and Burning Petals. She is officially on Kanji-tier damage.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited April 2015
    You can thank the Egocentric Police Dick for the win quote.

Fuuka is an awesome round caller. "Round 1! Please start."

And 'Margaret Wins' when Ken wins a round. That's a glitch alright.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Ken not winning even though he actually won sounds like a feature.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Ken is really unpredictable. Like Carl but with a partner that has a brain.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Ken doesn't deserve to win anything, ever.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Have you seen what they did to him in Ultimax? He's scary now.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Ken doesn't deserve to win anything, ever.

Except maybe the worst Persona 3 character competition.

No wait, that's reserved for Nozomi.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Hmmmm...should I go back and platinum P4G or let it rest? I only need a few more, relatively easily attainable, trophies. Probably the one that will take the longest is the "date someone" trophy just 'cause I'd need to max an S.Link and the "Register 100 cards" trophy just because I think I have all the lower-ranked ones.

Downfusion and the 600,000 yen I have going into NG+ will make the compendium pretty easy.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Hmmmm...should I go back and platinum P4G or let it rest? I only need a few more, relatively easily attainable, trophies. Probably the one that will take the longest is the "date someone" trophy just 'cause I'd need to max an S.Link and the "Register 100 cards" trophy just because I think I have all the lower-ranked ones.

Downfusion and the 600,000 yen I have going into NG+ will make the compendium pretty easy.

You didn't date someone your first time through?

What about the trophy for Rise's navigation phrases? Apparently that one's really tough for some people, but I didn't even try and got it my first time through the game.

I vote for going Platinum.

• Options
    edited May 2015

You didn't date someone your first time through?

What about the trophy for Rise's navigation phrases? Apparently that one's really tough for some people, but I didn't even try and got it my first time through the game.

I vote for going Platinum.

I almost never date anyone when I play P4. I like to imagine he's holding out for Yosuke or Kanji. And I didn't think to look at the trophy list until I was nearly done with the game, and it was too late by then.

I got the Rise one thanks to a Tarunda in Hollow Forest.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    If you're not going to date Naoto (obviously you aren't), Chie is the next best choice, but I guess you probably won't because you don't like her new voice?

I found Rise and Yukiko's romance boring compared to those two.

• Options
    Does it have to be a party member?

Because Ai is the correct choice.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    She doesn't have a Persona though

Unless...

Push her into the TV, then rescue her and then date her. In that order.

• Options
    So you have to date a party member for the trophy? That's a shame. :(

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    So you have to date a party member for the trophy? That's a shame. :(

No, I'm just being ridiculous.

• Options
    Oh, okay.

Ai would be a better party member than Naoto, though.

And she'd have a better dungeon.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    There are so many opinions that I disagree with here.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    It's okay to be wrong, Houn. Not everyone can be as right as me. ;-)

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    If I was going to date somebody other than a party member, it'd be Ai, no question.

tumblr_mh1mcpNfff1s3bp2co1_1280.jpg

• Options
    Not that drama is much better.

"I'm the best actress ever!"
    "I HATE MY DAD!"
    "I love my dad!"
    "My dad died!"
    "I can't act!"

The end

camo_sig2.png

• Options

"I HATE MY DAD!"
    "I love my dad!"
    "My dad died!"
    "I can't act!"

The end

"I'm gonna turn my back on you and make it super awkward forever if you decide you don't want to be romantically involved with me!"

And then things get super awkward forever.

• Options

"I HATE MY DAD!"
    "I love my dad!"
    "My dad died!"
    "I can't act!"

The end

"I'm gonna turn my back on you and make it super awkward forever if you decide you don't want to be romantically involved with me!"

And then things get super awkward forever.

When you go around and say bye on the last day, she's still standing there in the same spot, with her back turned.

I like to imagine she hasn't moved since then.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah...Sun was...well, let's say I didn't care for that S. Link.

Like I actively skipped through it...

Which is funny because Sun in P3 was probably one of my favorite S. Links in that game.

• Options
    Honestly I think band is not a horrible link, it's just a shame about her design. Still one of the worse ones in the game, but not horrible.

But the worst links in P4 are still better than the worst links in P3. And the good ones are great.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. I was looking through a list of the S. Links in P4 and pretty much all of them were solid.

I think Sun and Temperance were probably my least favorite and even then I didn't completely hate them.

• Options
    I wonder if Temperance reads differently to parents than to non-parents. "I love my kid but I don't think I like him very much" seems like something parents can relate to, even if society says they shouldn't.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Does it have to be a party member?

Because Ai is the correct choice.
    Oh, okay.

Ai would be a better party member than Naoto, though.

And she'd have a better dungeon.

All this is true. Ai haters to the left.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I wouldn't date non-Persona users for one important reason.

You don't have to lie to them about where you're spending all your time.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

IIRC, there's a trophy for fusing Izanagi-no-Okami, which requires maxing every S Link on a single playthrough.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    For a moment I thought because of the Hiimdaisy comic Josh posted people were actually talking about the Sun-Band social link and I was going to say something like "There's only room in my heart to like one person that looks like they're younger than 10 and that's Nanako"

Then I remembered Ai is the Moon social link

Orphane on
This discussion has been closed.