As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Megaten/Persona Discussion] Stealing Hearts & Streams

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Kelor wrote: »
    I'm looking to go into this without knowing too much, but is there anything I should have seen/know before starting? I've been avoiding the videos they've been putting out for fear of spoilers.

Japanese track is best track

Dubs is the only real choice.

oh it's on now

I'm on Team Dub. Sorry Magic, but I prefer dubs for my games. I don't know why (since I always preferred subs back when I watched anime) but I do. I think it may be an illness.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    I'm looking to go into this without knowing too much, but is there anything I should have seen/know before starting? I've been avoiding the videos they've been putting out for fear of spoilers.

oh it's on now

I'm on Team Dub. Sorry Magic, but I prefer dubs for my games. I don't know why (since I always preferred subs back when I watched anime) but I do. I think it may be an illness.

Lots of people can be wrong for a very long time.
    for reals listen to it however you want

Magic Pink on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

oh it's on now

GLOVES ARE COMING OFF NOW!!!

edited March 2017

oh it's on now

i'ma smack you so hard yo gramma gonna fall over

Magic Pink on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

oh it's on now

I'll clap you so hard you'll need subtitles in daily life!
    I have no idea what that means either so don't ask.

oh it's on now

I'll clap you so hard you'll need subtitles in daily life!
    I have no idea what that means either so don't ask.

I'm willing to try it

edited March 2017
    Oh hey, can anyone give me a basic rundown of how skill cards work?

Like can any skill from a persona become a skill card? Does it randomly pick a skill from the persona to turn into the card? Do you get to choose the card? Is it from a completely random pool?

Basically I have no idea anything about them besides that they are another way to get specific skills on to a persona and if that's an easier way to get my Messiah decked out in physical abilities I won't waste my time planning a complicated fusion path. But if I need to keep my eye out for certain persona to get the skill cards I need I'd want to be able to plan that out ahead of time so I don't miss something.

NVM, found the section on that japanese wiki, I can plan now!

DemonStacey on
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Well, I didn't find a store that broke the street date, so I just bought 50€ in Playstation store credit. Hopefully the game will be available at midnight on Tuesday.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Each demon has one set skillcard for negotiations and one set skillcard for whatever it's called in the velvet whatever.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I'm playing Mass Effect right now but my heart is not in it

Tuesday can't come soon enough

PLA wrote: »
    Each demon has one set skillcard for negotiations and one set skillcard for whatever it's called in the velvet whatever.

One other question about this actually, how many skill cards can you use per demon? And do you only use them when fusing or can you use it on a demon you already have?

• QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    You know, as much as I'm trying to dislike the DLC coming in Persona 5, I really can't be mad because of what's on offer. I mean, every decent DLC pack is a full set of outfits and the battle music from what game it's from. And I was NOT expecting the list to be as long as it is... Persona 1, 2, 3, 4, P4DAN, P4A, Catherine, SMT4 and Raidou Kuzunoha. And that's not counting all the eventual DLC packs coming out that are free for the taking once released.

If I do end up buying one... it'd probably be Kuzunoha. That game series doesn't get enough love, and Raidou's outfit makes anyone look like a pimp.

Raidou-P5-DLC-Costumes.jpg

wbee62u815wj.png
    Quiotu wrote: »
    You know, as much as I'm trying to dislike the DLC coming in Persona 5, I really can't be mad because of what's on offer. I mean, every decent DLC pack is a full set of outfits and the battle music from what game it's from. And I was NOT expecting the list to be as long as it is... Persona 1, 2, 3, 4, P4DAN, P4A, Catherine, SMT4 and Raidou Kuzunoha. And that's not counting all the eventual DLC packs coming out that are free for the taking once released.

If I do end up buying one... it'd probably be Kuzunoha. That game series doesn't get enough love, and Raidou's outfit makes anyone look like a pimp.

Raidou-P5-DLC-Costumes.jpg

I'd be tempted to get that one just to use the Morgana costume of that one because it's fucking hilarious. But Morgana won't ever be on my team so I'd not actually see it much.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I actually really like their default outfits

I actually really like their default outfits

Oh yea me too. That's why I'm not touching any of them. If I could change their daily clothes to mix it up I would. But the thief outfits are just right. Would seem weird to mess with that.

But that's why I'd just change the cat... but that's not worth paying for if I'm not using the cat.

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I just want my two P4(G) battle themes.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i will buy all the dlc

support atlus NA

J3qcnBP.png
    Most costume packs are $7 each, so... yeah, I don't like Atlus that much. I'm picking one or two down the line.

And I really dig their original outfits as well, but this is a 100+ hr game... sometime a little change up is nice.

wbee62u815wj.png

One other question about this actually, how many skill cards can you use per demon? And do you only use them when fusing or can you use it on a demon you already have?

Oh, just jam them in there like candy.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    i will buy all the dlc

support atlus NA

You can buy it for all of us, too!
    (Just Raidou and I'm good. ...and maybe Catherine.
    ....and maybe P1.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'd buy a $20 season pass for Persona 5 if one was available but no way in hell am I buying each set individually for those prices.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I find myself with Tuesday off... didn't even ask for it. Fate is on my side it seems.
    I'll be testing the popularity of P5 by seeing how easy I can find a copy of it on release.

wbee62u815wj.png
    My local GameStop is answering the phones with "where you can still preorder Persona 5" so I'm gonna guess this hype train is leaving the station choo chooooooo

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I wasn't aware it had any kind of mainstream recognition. But then I guess I was also surprised when starting with dark souls 2 those games had a much larger profile with trailers and commercials and such.

And I guess fire emblem fates had tv spots too.

Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258

Oh, just jam them in there like candy.

Does that mean you can use them on demons you already have active?

If so FUCK YES!

This system sounds awesome.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    My local GameStop is answering the phones with "where you can still preorder Persona 5" so I'm gonna guess this hype train is leaving the station choo chooooooo

You could just as easily argue it means way less people preordered it than they thought and there isnt any hype at all. I mean i ordered it (from amazon for $20 cheaper) but the mainstream cant be bothered with anything thats not an fps, open world, or moba. A turn based game where you have to READ (the humanity!!!!) is just so far beyond many people.

For any fellow nutcases wondering about an optional boss, I asked around.
    There is an optional boss, but it's reportedly not that difficult. :( Oh well.

wVEsyIc.png
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Speaking of which, I really REALLY hope they fix the influenza... oversight? Bug? Whatever you want to call it. That was so incredibly stupid.

Entirely gameplay mechanic thing, spoilered just in case.
    One of the special 'weather' events is cold and flu season. During it, random enemies will start battles with the 'Despair' (not sure the translation) status ailment, which is basically Paralyze + SP Drain + Doom.

This includes the Reaper.

Which is just... dumb.

The Reaper... the fucking Reaper... will die from the sniffles.

Giving you a gabazillion exp for watching him sniffle himself to death.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I find myself with Tuesday off... didn't even ask for it. Fate is on my side it seems.
    I'll be testing the popularity of P5 by seeing how easy I can find a copy of it on release.

This also happened to me, so I guess I'll get to go pick up a copy when stores open than having to wait for the afternoon.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

To be fair, the chest boss in P4G reached farm status pretty quickly too.

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    and i just booted up nocturne again

gonna try to get true demon ending before next tuesday

just got to diet building

idk which to choose, deadly fury or gaea rage

also need a better single target than divine shot

also ive been neglecting the kalpas, gonna have to do like 4 of them tomorrow D:

J3qcnBP.png
    and i just booted up nocturne again

gonna try to get true demon ending before next tuesday

just got to diet building

idk which to choose, deadly fury or gaea rage

also need a better single target than divine shot

also ive been neglecting the kalpas, gonna have to do like 4 of them tomorrow D:

Freikugel is the ultimate single skill, Gaea Rage for groups(at least the coolest looking one). Bolt Storm and/or Tornado are also good all the way into endgame.

wVEsyIc.png
    edited April 2017
    Gaea Rage and Deadly Fury are two skills I may have spent weeks comparing. The difference is kind of minimal, but it's there, and it's fuzzy, which is the worst.

As far as I could ever tell, Deadly Fury is cheaper to use, has a slightly lower base-power, but scales to a roughly comparable place, and may or may not have a higher rate of critical hits.
    Gaea Rage costs a little more to use, has a notably higher power at less Strength, and may or may not have a lower rate of critical hits.

Both use unique animations.

I think the set I've used most was something like Focus, Deadly Fury, Freikugel, maybe War Cry or Fog Breath, Magma Axis, Fire Boost, Endure and Pierce. I think that I left out Victory Cry, because I'm mostly spending HP and throwing Salvation every turn, anyway. I like to leave resists to magatama, but obviously Phys Repel and Void Mind are my favourites.

I had something optimised in the compendium for every element if punching things isn't enough. Even a redundant Earthquake-Skadi.

PLA on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Quick question if anyone knows, does P5 use the new SMT4:A mechanic where pierce now works against repel?

ArcTangent wrote: »

Speaking of which, I really REALLY hope they fix the influenza... oversight? Bug? Whatever you want to call it. That was so incredibly stupid.

One of the special 'weather' events is cold and flu season. During it, random enemies will start battles with the 'Despair' (not sure the translation) status ailment, which is basically Paralyze + SP Drain + Doom.

Which is just... dumb.

You don't have to abuse it. It's a single player game, if someone wants to cheese who does it hurt?

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Which is just... dumb.

You don't have to abuse it. It's a single player game, if someone wants to cheese who does it hurt?

Because it's obviously a bug, and stumbling onto it means oops, there goes all the challenge for the rest of the game thanks to the massive rewards you get. Hope you're either okay with that, or like any other showstopper bug, you saved recently.

ztrEPtD.gif

Which is just... dumb.

Because it's obviously a bug, and stumbling onto it means oops, there goes all the challenge for the rest of the game thanks to the massive rewards you get. Hope you're either okay with that, or like any other showstopper bug, you saved recently.
    I don't think the Reaper is usually immune to ailments.

Which is just... dumb.

You can see he has the status though and not fight him couldn't you? Plus like PLA says if you know the status is in effect and then you go looking for a reaper that means you are already assuming that it isn't going to affect him. It could very well not be a bug.

• Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    Ah, this apparently preloaded this morning while I was asleep.

PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
This discussion has been closed.