Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    was gonna get salad but...
    got mighty quinn's

basically the same thing

meat salad

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    huge comics events are always awful

always

Are you allergic to saying true things?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    I just finished the episode with the flashback about Matt and Foggy's college days.

It seemed like 95% filler.

I mean, that episode had a lot of character development for both of them, and some big changes in the relationship between those two. I guess by some definitions that could be "filler" in that it didn't necessarily advance the Big Plot (although one could argue that Matt's development there is actually a necessary part of the advancement of that Big Plot) but I liked the slower exploration of why these things mattered so much to these characters. It made them feel more real to me.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    Casual is your real name also Eddy

i would die.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    All of these characters are wonderful.

This book is wonderful.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    got mighty quinn's

basically the same thing

meat salad
    That sounds like a nasty sex act.

Urban dictionary confirms a beef salad...

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

always

I have never read a big comics event and not hated it by the end of it. There are great moments, great parts, but it has always been a bad experience for me.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    got mighty quinn's

basically the same thing

meat salad

low carb!

poo
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I hit level 20 on my Titan in Destiny last night, and the game informed me that I had climbed every mountain there is to climb.

Still doing story missions on Mars and completing pve bounties, but I guess I need to figure out what the next steps for progression are soon.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Casual is your real name also Eddy

i would die.

maybe i should change it :P

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    got mighty quinn's

basically the same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIQLIx2Onw

sustaining yourself with the blissful sounds of yesteryear

good choice.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

always

I have never read a big comics event and not hated it by the end of it. There are great moments, great parts, but it has always been a bad experience for me.

Even Annihilation?

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Am now an uncle. Babby is adorbs. Probs gonna visit him tomorrow. :)

Unc-Fist!

• Options

always

Even Annihilation?

I only read bits and pieces of it and can't remember much, honestly. But I was not compelled to read more.

Would much rather read a self contained story any day of the week, or a series of those.

I also tend to dislike team books.

• Options
    The Escapist appears to have developed a video player that is disabled by Adblock Plus.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    I hit level 20 on my Titan in Destiny last night, and the game informed me that I had climbed every mountain there is to climb.

Still doing story missions on Mars and completing pve bounties, but I guess I need to figure out what the next steps for progression are soon.

Gear. Gear you get now comes with Light as a stat, and the more you have, the more your level goes up (current max level is 32).

Start Striking. Also, now's the time to cash in Vanguard and Cruicible marks on vendor purple gear, if you have any. When you hit 26, you can run Vault of Glass.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Also, doge is done at the vet. Two shots, took them like a champ. I'm sure he'll feel like shit and just lay around glaring at me in an hour or so.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    The Escapist appears to have developed a video player that is disabled by Adblock Plus.

whelp not going back there

they've started putting ZP on youtube so it's not like i had a reason to anyway

the escapist are so unbelievably in your face shoving adverts down your throat

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    @LoserForHireX - If you haven't read them, here are the x books I would not miss

Grant Morrison's New X Men - redefined the x men and mutant society as a whole. Sets up the modern x men like Claremont set up the x men before Morrison.
    Whedon's Astonishing X Men - direct continuation of New X men. Great story. Important changes to characters.
    House of M and all the follow up books - this set the new status quo of the low mutant world.
    Messiah Complex, Cable volume 2, messiah war, 2nd coming (and the stuff leading up to 2nd coming where the xmen move to San Francisco).

Really, I would read all of Astonishing X-men from when they move to San Francisco on.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

r u xbone?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Houn wrote: »

Gear. Gear you get now comes with Light as a stat, and the more you have, the more your level goes up (current max level is 32).

Start Striking. Also, now's the time to cash in Vanguard and Cruicible marks on vendor purple gear, if you have any. When you hit 26, you can run Vault of Glass.

also do the daily missions at the highest level you can

the weekly regular will fireteam match, so you should try those out

the nightfall weekly doesn't match, though, and doing those solo is pretty much impossible

especially if you're not 31 or 32

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    highest level you can accomplish the mission, i mean, not just do it always at 30

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Isn't that the site who banned people for even mentioning adblock software on their forums?

• Options

I'm amazed at how quickly the reasons to go there have diminished over six months.

• Options

always

Even Annihilation?

I only read bits and pieces of it and can't remember much, honestly. But I was not compelled to read more.

Would much rather read a self contained story any day of the week, or a series of those.

I also tend to dislike team books.

Annihilation works really well because its really tight. Its all self contained stories. No ongoing books were folded in.

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

Isn't that the site who banned people for even mentioning adblock software on their forums?

That's neogaf.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    So I got flagged a few days ago but missed it.

To answer the question even though spool is apparently not here to read it, I was the one who said there was a racial divide over preference for grape or strawberry jam. I noticed it while in the Navy, and a couple of black crew members confirmed.

Apparently it is a purely cultural phenomena mostly in the south.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

clever girl

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG0oBPtyNb0

wow. everyone has heard this song but i never saw the dudes.

how high were they

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »

That's neogaf.

Nah https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100420/1042189110.shtml

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    $6 for 4 burgers
    I am the burger...king.
    heehee
    pun

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    blackberry jam best jam anyway

post-racial jam

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Teenage girl UK election slapfight on twitter

In the red corner, #milifandom , in the blue, #cameronettes

#cameronettes may or may not be middle aged men pretending to be teenage girls, or possibly Grant Shapps

• Options
    wow. everyone has heard this song but i never saw the dudes.

how high were they

the most

they were the most high

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I hate going to restaurants alone and my German coworker left. Hotel does not have a minimal restaurant.

I wonder if this town has delivery. I would like to deliver the food directly to my mouth.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

post-racial jam

Bonne_Maman_Conserve_370g.jpg

or i feed

• Options
    I hate going to restaurants alone and my German coworker left. Hotel does not have a minimal restaurant.

I wonder if this town has delivery. I would like to deliver the food directly to my mouth.

germans pride themselves on efficiency there has to be a way to get your dinner through a pneumatic tube or something

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

post-racial jam

Bonne_Maman_Conserve_370g.jpg

or i feed

has blackberry

can accept

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Going to restaurants alone looking contemplatively out the window is an important facet of your late 20s

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
This discussion has been closed.