Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Hey, so, did you guys hear about Avengers: Civil War? We only have a few years to talk about it, we should get started now!

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

But Captain America's side made no sense in the civil war. Registration of people with powers that can easily kill people is super sensible.

skfm it's not like we make people register other things that can kill people like cars and guns and

oh

ohhhhh

you know you else wanted to have everyone registered on a list

that's right

Chanus

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    (cuz he made that list of chatters for xcom see)

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Hey, so, did you guys hear about Avengers: Civil War? We only have a few years to talk about it, we should get started now!

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

But Captain America's side made no sense in the civil war. Registration of people with powers that can easily kill people is super sensible.

skfm it's not like we make people register other things that can kill people like cars and guns and

oh

ohhhhh

Yeah but those are things. We don't register actual people.

oh

ohhhhh

sig.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    When single shines the triple sun
    What was sundered and undone
    Shall be whole, the two made one
    By Elki's hand or else by none.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Atomika wrote: »
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

my precious galaxy quest chat!!!!

Is the show going to be the fake show, or the meta show.

Things are going to get awkward when they have to do the campy comedy meta meta show episode as required by every series. Actually I guess SG-1 didn't do that.

I tried to find out, and even though the series is being shepherded by the movie's creative staff (a great move, IMO), there's nothing out there saying what the show is actually going to be about or who is going to be in it.

But honestly, they probably could snag the entire cast pretty cheaply if they're doing a limited series, like 13 episodes or less.

Atomika on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    I am faint. I sleep, [chat]. Go forth and multiply.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    my wife's family wants us to go to temple on Sunday. I want to day drink at a beer garden.

Marriage is about compromise.

I suggest you day drink at the temple on Sunday.

we're gonna blow off temple and do hood rat shit.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

that's right

Chanus

just so i could remember everyone's birthday and send them cake

god you make me sound like a monster

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ronya wrote: »
    I am faint. I sleep, [chat]. Go forth and multiply.

we tried but elki shut us down

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, so Iceman is into dudes now canonically.

X-Men Iceman, not Top Gun Iceman.

Well, hell, probably both, honestly.

Digging a little deeper into that
    Not a fan of how it's handled, the way Bobby talks about "maybe I'm bi" and JEEEEEEAN says "nope, all dudes all the time".

Even setting aside the implications this puts on Iceman's past relationships and pretending they're not really time displaced they're just from another reality, Jean has robbed Bobby of his agency in exploring that part of himself. She's put him in a box without allowing him to consider it, and just because it's not the "normal" box doesn't justify that.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    we are going to a baptism class tonight

wife has instructed me repeatedly over the past week not to say anything

like, at all
    A baptism class?

What do they teach you? What temperature to keep the water at to reduce babby ambience?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

that's right

Chanus

I didn't get any cake...

sig.gif
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

government overreach gooey

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

that's right

Chanus

I didn't get any cake...

i'm terrible at lists

• Options
    Elki wrote: »
    You anarchists.

*cocks gun*

DOES ANYONE CARE ABOUT THE RULES AROUND HERE

This isn't 'Nam, Sharky.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    my wife's family wants us to go to temple on Sunday. I want to day drink at a beer garden.

you could drink within the bounds of an eruv as a compromise?

• Options

Digging a little deeper into that
    Not a fan of how it's handled, the way Bobby talks about "maybe I'm bi" and JEEEEEEAN says "nope, all dudes all the time".

Even setting aside the implications this puts on Iceman's past relationships and pretending they're not really time displaced they're just from another reality, Jean has robbed Bobby of his agency in exploring that part of himself. She's put him in a box without allowing him to consider it, and just because it's not the "normal" box doesn't justify that.

she can also read minds though so

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I think it was kind of messed up how Beast was a fake gay guy for a while. He'd give interviews saying he was gay, but really he wasn't.

"BEAST!" omg how could u
    i wanted to be different, i wanted everyone to notice me...now everybody and their mother is gay so i can finally be who i really am

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Basically, Captain America is very good as a field commander. He is very bad at making large scale political decisions.

Steve Rogers. Wrong on registration. Wrong on the Phoenix. Wrong on Baron Zemo (the younger). Wrong as a decision maker for America.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

Internment of people who object without trial in a super gulag isn't though.

Seriously, everyone was at least a little dumb during Civil War, but Iron Man got riddled with stupid uzis.

• Options
    i really need to do some work and stop dicking around

well, by the end of the day

i should just do it now though

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I think it was kind of messed up how Beast was a fake gay guy for a while. He'd give interviews saying he was gay, but really he wasn't.

@BEAST! omg how could u

I always wondered why he dates such mannish women

• Options
    My coworker's dad recently died of lung cancer.

Less than 3 months between diagnosis and death.

Don't smoke. Do go the doctor regularly.

• Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Politics paper complete 4 hours ahead of the deadline! 3 of which I'll spend writing another exam :D

After today I only have marketing left. Man this semester flew by quickly!

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    we are going to a baptism class tonight

wife has instructed me repeatedly over the past week not to say anything

like, at all
    A baptism class?

What do they teach you? What temperature to keep the water at to reduce babby ambience?

idk. probly shit about the biblical reasons behind the baptism and going over how shit will go down when we do the baptism.

didn't have to do this with the first 2 babs but this new church we've been going to has this requirement so whatevs. it's scheduled for an hour but hopefully it doesn't actually go that long.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

you could drink within the bounds of an eruv as a compromise?

lol. Sikh temple, not Jewish Temple.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    hey guys did you know that vaccines do not cause autism?

But that one guy said they do

Better run another half dozen studies just to be sure

I mean it was the right response even if the first study was bullshit.

Because if there was a correlation we damn well needed to know.

Problem is the folks who ignored the following studies calling bullshit.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    smoke doctors regularly, got it

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Is Cap still a feeble old man?

• Options

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

Internment of people who object without trial in a super gulag isn't though.

Seriously, everyone was at least a little dumb during Civil War, but Iron Man got riddled with stupid uzis.

mass internment of a bunch of hostile people with a shared goal with super powers?
    i bet that worked out well.

• Options

a friend of mine died of lung cancer after five months and never smoked

well he smoked a lot of weed

weed kills just say no hugs not drugs

• Options
    if you want to register mutants, why would you even need to imprison them? Catch, tag, release.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited April 2015

The good news is that every day you don't smoke is good for you!

After 10 years your risk of developing particular drop down to the same level as someone who never smoked (for a non-exhaustive list of risks)

also that money adds up

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

Yeeeah, but you choose to own a gun or a car. You don't choose having powers!

Unless Inhuman...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    [Chat], I know that I am a stranger to your ways, a mere tourist passing through and eating your strawberries when fancy and boredom strike me. I have no idea what is going on here.

So, here's a picture of my doge being adorable.
    tumblr_nmgbskd6Qt1tg0ue1o4_1280.jpg

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

that's right

Chanus

i dont know how social security numbers and our mailing addresses and bank account numbers are supposed to help with that chanus

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Oh god this. I suspect it's gonna be retconned out of existence for all of the goofiness around it rather then homophobia. A while back, Beast pulled the younger versions of the original X-team into the current time. So right now there is a younger and older version of a lot of x-people running around. Young Jean Grey learns she dies. A lot. This turns her into a kind of a dick. Then Scott breaks up with her because she's kind of a dick. And in an issue she tells Bobby she was reading his mind and he is gay. The words "Full gay" are used. But the older Iceman is apparently not gay. It's just a terrible bit of writing and I suspect it's going to be handwaved away.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    you know what would be really fun right now though? hugs and drugs

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    hey guys did you know that vaccines do not cause autism?

But that one guy said they do

Better run another half dozen studies just to be sure

I mean it was the right response even if the first study was bullshit.

Because if there was a correlation we damn well needed to know.

Problem is the folks who ignored the following studies calling bullshit.

Well who are you going to trust to give you medical advice, an army of specialists who studied the issue and ran dozens to experiments and all got the same results and conclusions, or a guy who posted a picture of a celebrity with a catchy caption on Facebook?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »
    [Chat], I know that I am a stranger to your ways, a mere tourist passing through and eating your strawberries when fancy and boredom strike me. I have no idea what is going on here.

So, here's a picture of my doge being adorable.
    http://40.media.tumblr.com/083a12165ed88517a866809d9d415fbc/tumblr_nmgbskd6Qt1tg0ue1o4_1280.jpg

i think you pretty much have it down

This discussion has been closed.