Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    my wife's family wants us to go to temple on Sunday. I want to day drink at a beer garden.

Marriage is about compromise.

I suggest you day drink at the temple on Sunday.

we're gonna blow off temple and do hood rat shit.
    you could drink within the bounds of an eruv as a compromise?

lol. Sikh temple, not Jewish Temple.
    Can't help you

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    if you want to register mutants, why would you even need to imprison them? Catch, tag, release.

We just needed to hold them 5 minutes for the tag dog to get there.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    Hey, so, did you guys hear about Avengers: Civil War? We only have a few years to talk about it, we should get started now!

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

But Captain America's side made no sense in the civil war. Registration of people with powers that can easily kill people is super sensible.

skfm it's not like we make people register other things that can kill people like cars and guns and

oh

ohhhhh

you know you else wanted to have everyone registered on a list

that's right

Chanus

just so i could remember everyone's birthday and send them cake

god you make me sound like a monster

i dont know how social security numbers and our mailing addresses and bank account numbers are supposed to help with that chanus

well i'm not paying for all these cakes myself i'd go broke!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I recall a myth that cannabis is four times as carcinogenic as tobacco, but I don't think that's been verified.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Is Cap still a feeble old man?

Yep. Falcon has assumed the Cap mantle.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    "Where's your shirt? ...and your shoes?"
    "I don't know"
    me: "I know. But it is funnier to me that he does not know, so I haven't told him."

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    you know what would be really fun right now though? hugs and drugs

i have internet hugs and a bottle of expired ibuprofen

with your name on them

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    [Chat], I know that I am a stranger to your ways, a mere tourist passing through and eating your strawberries when fancy and boredom strike me. I have no idea what is going on here.

So, here's a picture of my doge being adorable.
    tumblr_nmgbskd6Qt1tg0ue1o4_1280.jpg

We accept this tribute. Pass in safety.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Cute professor is explaining balance sheets. I feel like I probably don't need to pay attention

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Hey, so, did you guys hear about Avengers: Civil War? We only have a few years to talk about it, we should get started now!

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

But Captain America's side made no sense in the civil war. Registration of people with powers that can easily kill people is super sensible.

skfm it's not like we make people register other things that can kill people like cars and guns and

oh

ohhhhh

Yeeeah, but you choose to own a gun or a car. You don't choose having powers!

Unless Inhuman...

If your superpower is the ability to blow up bridges with your mind, it's not unreasonable for the government to know who you are and to want to supervise your bridge crossings.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, so Iceman is into dudes now canonically.

X-Men Iceman, not Top Gun Iceman.

Well, hell, probably both, honestly.

Digging a little deeper into that
    Not a fan of how it's handled, the way Bobby talks about "maybe I'm bi" and JEEEEEEAN says "nope, all dudes all the time".

Even setting aside the implications this puts on Iceman's past relationships and pretending they're not really time displaced they're just from another reality, Jean has robbed Bobby of his agency in exploring that part of himself. She's put him in a box without allowing him to consider it, and just because it's not the "normal" box doesn't justify that.

Also young Jean is the only character worse than old Jean

#teamemma2015 #staydead

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    [Chat], I know that I am a stranger to your ways, a mere tourist passing through and eating your strawberries when fancy and boredom strike me. I have no idea what is going on here.

So, here's a picture of my doge being adorable.
    [img]http://40.m edia.tumblr.com/083a12165ed88517a866809d9d415fbc/tumblr_nmgbskd6Qt1tg0ue1o4_1280.jpg[/img]

We accept this tribute. Pass in safety.

wild card, bitches

*smooches houn*

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

Unless Inhuman...

After the events of Inhumanity many of them weren't given a choice.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm full gay every waxing gibbous

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    i have almost read 100 issues of the avengers original series now

it gets better

it takes a while tho

• Options
    Your wife is drinking? The Sikh temple frowns on dis

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

Unless Inhuman...

If your superpower is the ability to blow up bridges with your mind, it's not unreasonable for the government to know who you are and to want to supervise your bridge crossings.

I mean I dont have super powers and I can blow up a bridge anytime i want
    doesnt mean i will
    and the goverment doesnt need to hold my hand everytime i go near a bridge

Team Captain America forever.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    my wife's family wants us to go to temple on Sunday. I want to day drink at a beer garden.

Marriage is about compromise.

I suggest you day drink at the temple on Sunday.

we're gonna blow off temple and do hood rat shit.
    you could drink within the bounds of an eruv as a compromise?

lol. Sikh temple, not Jewish Temple.
    Can't help you

thanks, but i dont need help. i already "nope'd" out of temple for this week and suggested next week.

• Options
    Next thing you'll tell me is that she cuts her hair.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I recall a myth that cannabis is four times as carcinogenic as tobacco, but I don't think that's been verified.
    That seems like one of the made up neo-folk wisdom things.

They'd be trumpeting that from everywhere if it were established.

They say the same thing about clove cigarrettes.

I am pretty sure that within certain tolerances it doesn't really matter what you're smoking, the burning produces such a panoply of chemicals that a fair whack are going to be carcinogenic plus the particulate matter is bad for your lungs and has similar risks assosciated

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

Internment of people who object without trial in a super gulag isn't though.

Seriously, everyone was at least a little dumb during Civil War, but Iron Man got riddled with stupid uzis.

Didn't Reed Richards come up with the negative zone prison?

Super villians always get locked up without a trial, unless Matt Murdock or She Hulk decides to take their case, it seems. All they were really doing was a better, harder to break out of, version of the Raft.

And if Cap hadn't formed a resistance most heroes probably would have registered anyway.

• Options

it gets better

it takes a while tho

This is why people often recommend certain runs of a title rather then reading every issue ever.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Cinders wrote: »
    Your wife is drinking? The Sikh temple frowns on dis

the community frowns on everything, but she will not be drinking as she is mega pregnant.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Cute professor is explaining balance sheets. I feel like I probably don't need to pay attention

none of my lecturers distract me by being quite

I do frequently find myself going "how do you have a vocabulary that large and an accent this thick" and "seriously who the hell taught you to write numbers and greek letters

I should never have to wonder if it's a 7, 1, an N, or an A and crap what was she talking about"

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

Unless Inhuman...

For sure. I am pro reg too. But its incorrect to say its super straight forward with no caveats. There was just a huge rambling argument in the Agents of SHIELD thread with both sides convinced they were so obviously right. :p

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

it gets better

it takes a while tho

This is why people often recommend certain runs of a title rather then reading every issue ever.

you see.. chanus is old
    so he had a lot of time on his hands over the years

Bless your heart.
  • Options

I am pretty sure that within certain tolerances it doesn't really matter what you're smoking, the burning produces such a panoply of chemicals that a fair whack are going to be carcinogenic plus the particulate matter is bad for your lungs and has similar risks assosciated

That's my gut instinct, that inhaling smoke of any caliber is not healthy for you.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i'm full gay every waxing gibbous

gaycanthropy?

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Basically:

2015-04-10-Where-Theres-Smoke-Theres-Dire.jpg

• Options

it gets better

it takes a while tho

i have a completionist nerd problem

it's bad

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    My coworker's dad recently died of lung cancer.

Less than 3 months between diagnosis and death.

Don't smoke. Do go the doctor regularly.
    The good news is that every day you don't smoke is good for you!

After 10 years your risk of developing particular drop down to the same level as someone who never smoked (for a non-exhaustive list of risks)

also that money adds up

I had a patient once that smoked 3 packs a day that told me he couldn't afford his life-saving heart medication.

$450 a month on cigs

ai ya

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Oh god this. I suspect it's gonna be retconned out of existence for all of the goofiness around it rather then homophobia. A while back, Beast pulled the younger versions of the original X-team into the current time. So right now there is a younger and older version of a lot of x-people running around. Young Jean Grey learns she dies. A lot. This turns her into a kind of a dick. Then Scott breaks up with her because she's kind of a dick. And in an issue she tells Bobby she was reading his mind and he is gay. The words "Full gay" are used. But the older Iceman is apparently not gay. It's just a terrible bit of writing and I suspect it's going to be handwaved away.

All New X-Men has been decent too which makes this even more annoying.

Scott giving Jean the finger was fucking fantastic.

Asshole Jean has also been entertaining. Especially after the Shiar were like, you are Jean Grey the Phoenix even though we know you are not but trial and execution anyway!

But this, this was stupid and ignores normal Iceman who as a character has grown and changed a lot.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Next thing you'll tell me is that she cuts her hair.

yup, because seriously, gross.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Digging a little deeper into that
    Not a fan of how it's handled, the way Bobby talks about "maybe I'm bi" and JEEEEEEAN says "nope, all dudes all the time".

Even setting aside the implications this puts on Iceman's past relationships and pretending they're not really time displaced they're just from another reality, Jean has robbed Bobby of his agency in exploring that part of himself. She's put him in a box without allowing him to consider it, and just because it's not the "normal" box doesn't justify that.

Also young Jean is the only character worse than old Jean

#teamemma2015 #staydead

I was really hoping that they were going to take Jean in a different direction that might have changed people's perception of her but sadly it looks like it might have done the opposite. :\

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    went to a wedding
    the very pregnant bride was smoking
    it was declared by her handlers that this was ok because she wasn't drinking

people are strange

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

oh

ohhhhh

Unless Inhuman...

Speak for yourself, this is Texas.

919UOwT.png
  • Options

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

Internment of people who object without trial in a super gulag isn't though.

Seriously, everyone was at least a little dumb during Civil War, but Iron Man got riddled with stupid uzis.

Didn't Reed Richards come up with the negative zone prison?

Super villians always get locked up without a trial, unless Matt Murdock or She Hulk decides to take their case, it seems. All they were really doing was a better, harder to break out of, version of the Raft.

And if Cap hadn't formed a resistance most heroes probably would have registered anyway.

It didn't help that Cap was attacked for objecting to the Act before it went into effect.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    AKA Free America

919UOwT.png
  • Options

from what I recall cannabis may have some effect that lessens the risk of lung cancer

in the sense that smoking marijuana has a slightly lesser risk of lung cancer than it should have

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Registration wasn't supposed to be a big deal. Just a confidential list.

This discussion has been closed.