Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    went to a wedding
    the very pregnant bride was smoking
    it was declared by her handlers that this was ok because she wasn't drinking

people are strange

Was this wedding being held behind a gas station near a trailer park?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    went to a wedding

people are strange

rage-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1472.png

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it is almost noon and i have done absolutely nothing work-related today

this is my third post about this

ok going to do some work now

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    nobody chooses to have hiv but that gets registered too

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Also were having a HELL of a time finding cute nerd diapers for babby Thunderlord.

Although I am planning on buying her a jersey onesie with Thunderlord on the back.

• Options
    nobody chooses to be people but people get registered, come to think of it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    register mutants it is the only way to track people that are dangerous

if a mutant is not dangerous what do they have to fear about being registered, hmm?

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    should i post here more

i dunno

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2015
    Atomika wrote: »
    went to a wedding

people are strange

no

the wedding was in the gas station

the bride walked between the aisle of trailers

at the altar, which was just the cash register

the bored clerk read letters from that month's hustler

Vanguard on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Registration wasn't supposed to be a big deal. Just a confidential list.

The flaw is that the terms of the act weren't made explicit. Therefore different writers had different opinions about it.

Like, that would have been a nice ending to Civil War #1: The text of the bill in its entirety, so you can actually debate it.

Super Gulags are naughty though.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    went to a wedding

people are strange
    This enrages me

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I need a job where I like... do maybe 2-3 hours of work a week and get paid a lot of money.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    My coworker's dad recently died of lung cancer.

Less than 3 months between diagnosis and death.

Don't smoke. Do go the doctor regularly.
    The good news is that every day you don't smoke is good for you!

After 10 years your risk of developing particular drop down to the same level as someone who never smoked (for a non-exhaustive list of risks)

also that money adds up

I had a patient once that smoked 3 packs a day that told me he couldn't afford his life-saving heart medication.

$450 a month on cigs

ai ya

In Australia it is more than that.

The tarrifs/sin taxes/excises on cigarrettes put them at something like 23 squids a pack.

Which, admittedly is Australian funny money, so at current exchange rates it's something like 18 US ducks a pack

So, at three packs a day that's a shed load a month. $2K AUD

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    should i post here more

i dunno

I think you should!

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    $18/pack is just a little more expensive than nyc

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    we speak English in this here chat

*spits*

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

except it really isnt.
    the government in the marvel universe is even worse than the real one.
    like any super villain could easily find out your real name and kill your entire family.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I need a job where I like... do maybe 2-3 hours of work a week and get paid a lot of money.

be of counsel to a patent law firm

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also were having a HELL of a time finding cute nerd diapers for babby Thunderlord.

Although I am planning on buying her a jersey onesie with Thunderlord on the back.

https://www.honest.com/baby/honest-diapers Look at comic book print.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    went to a wedding

people are strange

broadly

it took place on a septic tank

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Hey guys I heard there were unregistered mutants around here.

xmen09.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    last I heard from an ex from the very long ago was a picture of her pregnant, painting in an unventilated room, while smoking

lovely little argument in the comments along the lines of DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO

it's always nice, when one is sitting lost in memories, to not go "oh I wonder what could have been" but "dodged a bullet there"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Gooey wrote: »

if a mutant is not dangerous what do they have to fear about being registered, hmm?

Well, the government did build giant killer robots to kill all the mutants. . .

• Options
    I really want a punching bag

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Nutbar superpowered peoples ain't gonna register anyway. So the lactokinetic milkman goes on a rampage of dairy murder, the feds go look at the register and pull in the 30 known telekinetics, wasting errybody's time.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    went to a wedding

people are strange
    This enrages me

i couldn't decide between a joke agreeing with being enraged by sex before marriage or not drinking at a wedding so assume that both were equally awesome and awesome this post instead ty fyi hth

919UOwT.png
  • Options

The flaw is that the terms of the act weren't made explicit. Therefore different writers had different opinions about it.

Like, that would have been a nice ending to Civil War #1: The text of the bill in its entirety, so you can actually debate it.

Super Gulags are naughty though.

How is it different than the raft though? The wrecking crew robs a bank. The Avengers beat them up. The wrecking crew gets put in the raft. No trial. They stay there with power cancelling restraints until they break out in a few months, and that's all there is to it.

• Options

and at least in one universe they started killing all the normal people too.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

be of counsel to a patent law firm

Yeah but like, not being a lawyer and having to go to school again would be nice.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

https://www.honest.com/baby/honest-diapers Look at comic book print.

Oh I mean reuasable, fuck disposables

• Options
    Nutbar superpowered peoples ain't gonna register anyway. So the lactokinetic milkman goes on a rampage of dairy murder, the feds go look at the register and pull in the 30 known telekinetics, wasting errybody's time.

3233266-6113705236-56080.jpg

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

After 10 years your risk of developing particular drop down to the same level as someone who never smoked (for a non-exhaustive list of risks)

also that money adds up

I had a patient once that smoked 3 packs a day that told me he couldn't afford his life-saving heart medication.

$450 a month on cigs

ai ya

The tarrifs/sin taxes/excises on cigarrettes put them at something like 23 squids a pack.

Which, admittedly is Australian funny money, so at current exchange rates it's something like 18 US ducks a pack

The terrible cheap ones I smoke at the moment are about $17 for a 25 pack.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

except it really isnt.
    the government in the marvel universe is even worse than the real one.
    like any super villain could easily find out your real name and kill your entire family.

The list was stored in Tony Stark's head though.

• Options

pro unreg mutant propoganda

been debunked a thousand times

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    I really want a punching bag

szap15ud35y8.jpg

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

yeah I was just thinking like

if you're jubilee and you have some shit power, you register if the government tells you to I guess

if you're the master of fucking magnetism you probably tell the auditor to fuck off

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    man

Ultron is gonna have to work overtime to beat out Daredevil now

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    It's more that I am an accounting major and I learned this stuff years ago. I am busy screwing with my phone.

I could get lost in his eyes though. And the guy has this Luxembourg accent and it's this cute mix of French and German.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

also that money adds up

$450 a month on cigs

ai ya

The terrible cheap ones I smoke at the moment are about $17 for a 25 pack.

Christ

just grow your own stuff at that point

This discussion has been closed.