Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    EDIT NM i see that was brought up

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    You wanna bring real world into it, I'd have zero faith in the register actually being secure. It'd get stored in plain text on a public server, encrypted with the diabolically difficult password "password2"

Or someone gets the superpower to crack any computer database and puts it on wikileaks cause freedom maaaan.

Bam, you're a known 'other' and get murdered by haters or excluded from jobs or any myriad other horrible outcomes for telling the government you have the power of rapid yoghurt culturing

But it's inside Tony Starks head. Literally, that's the only copy. And he was the head of shield at the time.

And then that vulnerability allows Secret Invasion to happen and the government hands the gig over to Norman Osborne.

The Marvel US Government could not even call up a vote to defund Obamacare.

The groundwork for secret invasion started way before registration. The registration master list being in Tony's head had nothing to do with the Skrulls exploiting a flaw in stark tech which crippled the world's defense systems. And after Osborne was put in charge, the only thing that kept the list from him was it being in Stark's head.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i bought civil war (i guess it's civil war #1-7?) because it was supposed to be good and i had read other good comics so i was liek o okay
    gefällt mir nicht

I don't know who told you Civil War was good but don't listen to that person. Ever.
    the internet or something

This is not a thing the internet would say.

You couldn't read a thread on these forums without seeing a Civil War signature back in the day.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Cinders wrote: »
    Wait
    Did Casual not know there are two types of Corgis?
    Is he..a..phony?!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc

Pembroke corgis are racist
    they are.
    but they are so much cuter than their cardigan cousins.
    so i can forgive them

Lies.

tumblr_nlqolbG7UJ1tg0ue1o3_540.jpg

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    tsch is where it's at

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    John Travolta is being dumb and saying people don't like Scientology because they haven't studied Scientology enough.

"You don't like X, because you don't understand X" is a pretty common (and silly) argument among fanatics.

I'm fairly disappointed in our media machine when they'll give a person a platform to say stuff like this, but not rebut it with actual facts about the issue.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    i bought civil war (i guess it's civil war #1-7?) because it was supposed to be good and i had read other good comics so i was liek o okay
    gefällt mir nicht

I don't know who told you Civil War was good but don't listen to that person. Ever.

Civil War may have been bad, but it had crazy cultural penetration. Did it come out right after Iron Man or something? People who had never paid the slightest attention to comic book story arcs knew Civil War was happening.

I think it was cause Civil War was the first real huge Marvel event thing that they now do ad naseum

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    gefällt mir nicht

You couldn't read a thread on these forums without seeing a Civil War signature back in the day.

Usually making fun of it. The re-edits were also floating around and going strong.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    LEdqLn0l.jpg
    fuck you im fabulous

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    John Travolta is being dumb and saying people don't like Scientology because they haven't studied Scientology enough.

"You don't like X, because you don't understand X" is a pretty common (and silly) argument among fanatics.

I'm fairly disappointed in our media machine when they'll give a person a platform to say stuff like this, but not rebut it with actual facts about the issue.

facts are hard. clicks are easier and more profitable.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    one last time
    I need to be
    the one
    who takes you home

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    LEdqLn0l.jpg
    fuck you im fabulous

i've actually always wanted a Borgi

BorgiBorderColliePembrokeWelshCorgiHybridDogsLizzyPuppy4MonthsOld.jpg

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    apparently at one point the Queen's corgis got so imbred they became vicious monsters.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    right now i love the puppy i have though

@cindy tell them how awesome my puppy is

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Why not post proof yourself

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    gefällt mir nicht

Usually making fun of it. The re-edits were also floating around and going strong.

10 SMITE
    20 GOTO 10

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    You wanna bring real world into it, I'd have zero faith in the register actually being secure. It'd get stored in plain text on a public server, encrypted with the diabolically difficult password "password2"

Or someone gets the superpower to crack any computer database and puts it on wikileaks cause freedom maaaan.

Bam, you're a known 'other' and get murdered by haters or excluded from jobs or any myriad other horrible outcomes for telling the government you have the power of rapid yoghurt culturing

But it's inside Tony Starks head. Literally, that's the only copy. And he was the head of shield at the time.

And then that vulnerability allows Secret Invasion to happen and the government hands the gig over to Norman Osborne.

The groundwork for secret invasion started way before registration. The registration master list being in Tony's head had nothing to do with the Skrulls exploiting a flaw in stark tech which crippled the world's defense systems. And after Osborne was put in charge, the only thing that kept the list from him was it being in Stark's head.

In a universe where people get mind controlled, hypnotised and brainwashed every other week and there are goddamn telepaths on every street corner, the idea that anything is safe in someone's head is kinda silly.

The only way to keep that list safe is to put a bullet in Stark's head, that'll only keep it hidden until he gets better about six months later.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    apparently at one point the Queen's corgis got so imbred they became vicious monsters.

Mutts 4evr

• Options
    LEdqLn0l.jpg
    fuck you im fabulous

Bitch bring it.
    tumblr_nh3jbtHOqE1tg0ue1o1_1280.jpg

• Options
    Like how far into the inbreeding twilight zone do you have to go before you start giving birth to maniacal and savage corgis whose viciousness knows no limits?
    Well british royalty could probably answer that quite easily.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Like how far into the inbreeding twilight zone do you have to go before you start giving birth to maniacal and savage corgis whose viciousness knows no limits?
    Well british royalty could probably answer that quite easily.
    We did it with spaniels, and we'll damn well do it again with corgis.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

You haven't read the issues of AXIS that are up on Unlimited yet, have you?

No. I'm way behind. Haven't read anything from 2014. I've been reading back catalog stuff. Currently in 2008.

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    swedish vallhund is superior to corgis tho
    by3j9lg.jpg

Sparvy on
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »
    LEdqLn0l.jpg
    fuck you im fabulous

Bitch bring it.
    tumblr_nh3jbtHOqE1tg0ue1o1_1280.jpg

fuck it, lets grab a beer
    56iYiLIl.jpg

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Haha, right now my dog is lying at the window, looking out at the lambs, and making piteous noises because she can't go out and "play" with (harass) them.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Caviler King Charles Spaniel

cavalier-king-charles-spaniel8.jpg

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

Source?

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    right now i love the puppy i have though

@cindy tell them how awesome my puppy is

You aren't the boss of me!

• Options
    The breeder I got my doge from actually breeds partially on temperament. Every one of her dogs are super-mild and adorably sweet.

• Options
    My brothers ex has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and every time it saw me it started pissing everywhere.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    im reading an article about locals resisting the gentrification of their neighborhood with a giant boner.

get fuckt, locals

#EvilVillianFronAn80sJohnCusakMovie

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    My brothers ex has a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and every time it saw me it started pissing everywhere.

Your brother's ex must have been a shitty shitty dog owner then because everywhere I have heard and read, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are easy to train and have a good temperament.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    galaxy-quest_1.jpg

Episode 1: "Hijacked!"

Wherein Atomika steals the thread and reveals her secret crush on Missy Pyle.

Wednesdays at 8/7c

Is that Tim Allen or Jimmy Fallon pretending to be Tim Allen?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    gefällt mir nicht

We've never had a forum-wide meme about any other comic book event, though. I'm really not trying to argue about anything, I think I maybe read an issue or two that I stumbled upon on a coffee table, and am not a regular comic reader (although I kinda want to get into it).

I'm not sure what my point was actually. I guess just that Civil War hit a level cultural consciousness that I don't think any other comic book thing has touched and I can see a lot of people reading it because they've heard of it.

For example, has Marvel done other Big Events since then? I cannot name any, maybe something about Skrulls which I believe are aliens, but I definitely know what Civil War is all about.

• Options
    Tav wrote: »

Source?
    On several occasions the Queen or her staff have been injured by the corgis. In 1954, the Royal Clockwinder, Leonard Hubbard, was bitten by Susan[24] upon entering the nursery at the Royal Lodge, Windsor.[25] Later in the same year, one of the Queen Mother's corgis bit a policeman on guard duty in London.[26]
    In 1968, Peter Doig called for the royal staff to put up a "Beware of the dog" sign at Balmoral after one of the corgis bit the postman.[27] In February 1989 it was reported that the royals had hired an animal psychologist to tame the dogs after they developed a habit of nipping them and the royal staff.[28] In March 1991, the Queen was bitten after trying to break up a fight between ten or so of her corgis. She had to have three stitches to her left hand. John Collins, the Queen Mother's chauffeur, had to have a tetanus injection after he also tried to intervene.
    vicious creatures

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Fuck spaniels

And poodles

And chihuahuas

Fuck all mean spastic twitchy little dog breeds

Ugh

• Options
    Eddy.jpg?_subject_uid=158982693&w=AADg1ZC7YiJox7EbazxepX5eVLUSQuwNS08_NASnGeCTxw

PUPPY

• Options

Your brother's ex must have been a shitty shitty dog owner then because everywhere I have heard and read, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are easy to train and have a good temperament.

It was well behaved, it's just every time it saw me it got like super excited and lost control of its bladder. Like every it got done spazzing out it would go back to being normal.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    HerrCron wrote: »

In a universe where people get mind controlled, hypnotised and brainwashed every other week and there are goddamn telepaths on every street corner, the idea that anything is safe in someone's head is kinda silly.

The only way to keep that list safe is to put a bullet in Stark's head, that'll only keep it hidden until he gets better about six months later.

He deleted the list by deleting himself. It was a pretty interesting story.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    someone hire me to be like a monastic on a huge property caring for a bunch of cats
    (high speed internet connection required)

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
This discussion has been closed.