Options

A [Chat] that does NOT discuss Avengers: Age of Ultron

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    You wanna bring real world into it, I'd have zero faith in the register actually being secure. It'd get stored in plain text on a public server, encrypted with the diabolically difficult password "password2"

Or someone gets the superpower to crack any computer database and puts it on wikileaks cause freedom maaaan.

Bam, you're a known 'other' and get murdered by haters or excluded from jobs or any myriad other horrible outcomes for telling the government you have the power of rapid yoghurt culturing

But it's inside Tony Starks head. Literally, that's the only copy. And he was the head of shield at the time.

You haven't read the issues of AXIS that are up on Unlimited yet, have you?

No. I'm way behind. Haven't read anything from 2014. I've been reading back catalog stuff. Currently in 2008.

Axis is seeming to be pretty cool. I'm actually reading back through AvX right now.

Because I love the x men, and I want to read it all forever

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    i-gDc9Njn-1050x10000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i bought civil war (i guess it's civil war #1-7?) because it was supposed to be good and i had read other good comics so i was liek o okay
    gefällt mir nicht

I don't know who told you Civil War was good but don't listen to that person. Ever.
    the internet or something

This is not a thing the internet would say.

You couldn't read a thread on these forums without seeing a Civil War signature back in the day.

Usually making fun of it. The re-edits were also floating around and going strong.

We've never had a forum-wide meme about any other comic book event, though. I'm really not trying to argue about anything, I think I maybe read an issue or two that I stumbled upon on a coffee table, and am not a regular comic reader (although I kinda want to get into it).

I'm not sure what my point was actually. I guess just that Civil War hit a level cultural consciousness that I don't think any other comic book thing has touched and I can see a lot of people reading it because they've heard of it.

For example, has Marvel done other Big Events since then? I cannot name any, maybe something about Skrulls which I believe are aliens, but I definitely know what Civil War is all about.

They havent stopped doing them

Annihilation (March 2006)
    Civil War (July 2006)
    World War Hulk (July 2007)
    Annihilation: Conquest (August 2007)
    Secret Invasion (June 2008)
    Dark Reign (December 2008)
    War of Kings (March 2009)
    Fall of the Hulks (March 2009)
    Realm of Kings (January 2010)
    Siege (January 2010)
    World War Hulks (February 2010)
    The Thanos Imperative (July 2010)
    Shadowland (September 2010)
    Chaos War (October 2010)
    Age of X (January 2011)
    Fear Itself (March 2011)
    Spider-Island (June 2011)
    Avengers vs. X-Men (April 2012)
    Age of Ultron (March 2013)
    Infinity (August 2013)
    Inhumanity (December 2013)
    Original Sin (May 2014)
    Avengers & X-Men: AXIS (October 2014)
    Spider-Verse (November 2014)
    Secret Wars (May 2015)

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    two massive betrayals cindy

i see how it is

>:[

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »
    im reading an article about locals resisting the gentrification of their neighborhood with a giant boner.

get fuckt, locals

#EvilVillianFronAn80sJohnCusakMovie
    As long as the boner is picked out in fairy lights is there a problem?

• Options
    Also Dark Reign was the best default_crossed.gif

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elki I am feeling the lure of casual Destiny

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    ok i did some work back to dicking around

also making a pb&j

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Wait a minority report tv series is being made? Just fucking keep almost human on the air.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    A vicious corgi would be the perfect attack dog

nobody would expect it

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    Eddy.jpg?_subject_uid=158982693&w=AADg1ZC7YiJox7EbazxepX5eVLUSQuwNS08_NASnGeCTxw

PUPPY

403 Unauthorized to view doge

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Elki I am feeling the lure of casual Destiny

i've basically done all the destiny things i'm going to realistically do as a filthy casual with no regular raiding group

and i still have fun doing like an hour of pew pews a day or every few days

it's therapeutic

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    oh god i asked to take a license off a computer so I can put it on another computer and now they want to know if I am the only one using the software

dis company

I'm pretty sure the IT signed

"Grand Inquisitor"

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    You wanna bring real world into it, I'd have zero faith in the register actually being secure. It'd get stored in plain text on a public server, encrypted with the diabolically difficult password "password2"

Or someone gets the superpower to crack any computer database and puts it on wikileaks cause freedom maaaan.

Bam, you're a known 'other' and get murdered by haters or excluded from jobs or any myriad other horrible outcomes for telling the government you have the power of rapid yoghurt culturing

But it's inside Tony Starks head. Literally, that's the only copy. And he was the head of shield at the time.

And then that vulnerability allows Secret Invasion to happen and the government hands the gig over to Norman Osborne.

The Marvel US Government could not even call up a vote to defund Obamacare.

The groundwork for secret invasion started way before registration. The registration master list being in Tony's head had nothing to do with the Skrulls exploiting a flaw in stark tech which crippled the world's defense systems. And after Osborne was put in charge, the only thing that kept the list from him was it being in Stark's head.

In a universe where people get mind controlled, hypnotised and brainwashed every other week and there are goddamn telepaths on every street corner, the idea that anything is safe in someone's head is kinda silly.

The only way to keep that list safe is to put a bullet in Stark's head, that'll only keep it hidden until he gets better about six months later.

He deleted the list by deleting himself. It was a pretty interesting story.

You haven't read the issues of AXIS that are up on Unlimited yet, have you?

No. I'm way behind. Haven't read anything from 2014. I've been reading back catalog stuff. Currently in 2008.

Axis is seeming to be pretty cool. I'm actually reading back through AvX right now.

Because I love the x men, and I want to read it all forever

Xmen are my fav too. The Cable book post-messiah complex is one of the best comics I ever read. Have you read it?

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Eddy.jpg?_subject_uid=158982693&w=AADg1ZC7YiJox7EbazxepX5eVLUSQuwNS08_NASnGeCTxw

PUPPY

403 Unauthorized to view doge

huh?

i can see the pic

god dammnit dropbox why are you so difficult ;-;

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Just

Use

Imgur

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Casual is your real name also Eddy

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    ok rehost

PUPPY

2zt9d3b.jpg

Casual on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Actually a lot of dogs lose control of their bladder when they see me.
    I'd like to think its because they can't handle how awesome I am
    But sometimes I worry.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    One of my shelter doges is apparently a Kooikerhondje, which I didn't know for like the first seven years that I had him because nobody has ever even heard of these things.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kooikerhondje

"The Kooikerhondje is a small spaniel-type breed of dog of Dutch ancestry that was originally used as a working dog, particularly in an eendenkooi (duck trap) to lure ducks. Kooikers were popular in the 17th and 18th century and appeared in the paintings of Rembrandt and Jan Steen. The breed is rapidly gaining popularity in the United States, Canada and Scandinavia, where it is still relatively unknown."

I've never seen another one in person.

Im000011.294134950_std.JPG

• Options
    ok rehost

PUPPY

[img][/img]2zt9d3b.jpg

CAPTION CONTEST!

"Please sir, help. He beats me."

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    i bought civil war (i guess it's civil war #1-7?) because it was supposed to be good and i had read other good comics so i was liek o okay
    gefällt mir nicht

I don't know who told you Civil War was good but don't listen to that person. Ever.

You couldn't read a thread on these forums without seeing a Civil War signature back in the day.

Usually making fun of it. The re-edits were also floating around and going strong.

We've never had a forum-wide meme about any other comic book event, though. I'm really not trying to argue about anything, I think I maybe read an issue or two that I stumbled upon on a coffee table, and am not a regular comic reader (although I kinda want to get into it).

I'm not sure what my point was actually. I guess just that Civil War hit a level cultural consciousness that I don't think any other comic book thing has touched and I can see a lot of people reading it because they've heard of it.

For example, has Marvel done other Big Events since then? I cannot name any, maybe something about Skrulls which I believe are aliens, but I definitely know what Civil War is all about.

Civil War (July 2006)
    Siege (January 2010)
    Chaos War (October 2010)
    Age of X (January 2011)
    Fear Itself (March 2011)
    Infinity (August 2013)
    Original Sin (May 2014)
    Secret Wars (May 2015)

When was House of M?

• Options
    Seriously that is the SADDEST DOG FACE EVER FUUUUUUUUUUU

Poor little fella. Why do you do that to him, Casual?!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Hey, so, did you guys hear about Avengers: Civil War? We only have a few years to talk about it, we should get started now!

I'm Captain America

I fought Hitler

Whose side are you on

But Captain America's side made no sense in the civil war. Registration of people with powers that can easily kill people is super sensible.

skfm it's not like we make people register other things that can kill people like cars and guns and

oh

ohhhhh

I registered my dick as a lethal weapon.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    Casual is your real name also Eddy

nope!

the dogs is though :P

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    "You gonna finish that?"

• Options

welcome to costco

i love you

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    holy fuck casual
    what did you do to make that puppy so sad?

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    gefällt mir nicht

Civil War (July 2006)
    Siege (January 2010)
    Chaos War (October 2010)
    Age of X (January 2011)
    Fear Itself (March 2011)
    Infinity (August 2013)
    Original Sin (May 2014)
    Secret Wars (May 2015)

Not all of those are really events. Dark Reign didn't have a stand alone book, age of x is just an alternate world, etc. Also, missing house of m, which was really the first modern event and the kick off for every single thing that follows.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    ok rehost

PUPPY

[img][/img]2zt9d3b.jpg

CAPTION CONTEST!

"Please sir, help. He beats me."

That moment when you first realised your parents are going to die

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    In other news, Newt Goddamn Gingrich just wrote an op-ed asking for full restoration of the NIH budget.
    UP IS DOWN
    DOWN IS UP

• Options
    Seriously that is the SADDEST DOG FACE EVER FUUUUUUUUUUU

Poor little fella. Why do you do that to him, Casual?!

sad? that's his excited face

he's begging for the treat in my hand

mostly he looks regal and aloof

• Options
    Okay, so, I'm through episode 9 on Daredevil, and I'm liking it, but I'm not loving it.

It's a bit slow and ponderous, which makes it just feel like padding to make up for a lack of narrative momentum.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    gefällt mir nicht

Civil War (July 2006)
    Siege (January 2010)
    Chaos War (October 2010)
    Age of X (January 2011)
    Fear Itself (March 2011)
    Infinity (August 2013)
    Original Sin (May 2014)
    Secret Wars (May 2015)

When was House of M?

I think it was the one before Annihilation

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Okay my programming skills are still rusty but at least I have this at a basic level functioning.

Reads the files.

Does the simple calc based on input with information in the files.

Now to get the files to the complexity I need and change how the inputs work.

I am so bad at programming now. Oh god. It has been so long.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

they perform rigorous ideological gymnastics to just avoid saying they're simply assholes

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    In other news, Newt Goddamn Gingrich just wrote an op-ed asking for full restoration of the NIH budget.
    UP IS DOWN
    DOWN IS UP

I am moving to Montana, I am building the bunker from Tremors and I am laying mines in a one square mile area around said bunker.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    You ever feel like you learned something about yourself, and got disappointed by what you learnt?

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    You ever feel like you learned something about yourself, and got disappointed by what you learnt?

Did you look at your butthole in the mirror?

nibXTE7.png
This discussion has been closed.