As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] More like the Punic Wars than you might think.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone here need a headset?

I got a Logitech G430 a couple of months ago and for gaming it's great. For me, however, I record a podcast and my audio keeps cutting out on the recording. I had a Turtle Beach PX21 before that and that headset served both my needs. I picked up a PX22 today and now I'm looking ot get rid of the G430 I got in March. Not looking for any money or anything, just looking to give it a home. Shoot me a PM if you want it, but I'm only shipping it in the US for cost reasons.

If you want some info on the G430, here's the Amazon listing.

Hey just reminding everyone of this. Let me know by Tuesday if you are interested :biggrin:

That is... super tempting. I have a cheaper, lesser version (G230) which lacks surround sound...

You know, that would require you to give out your real address ;)

SHHHH.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone here need a headset?

I got a Logitech G430 a couple of months ago and for gaming it's great. For me, however, I record a podcast and my audio keeps cutting out on the recording. I had a Turtle Beach PX21 before that and that headset served both my needs. I picked up a PX22 today and now I'm looking ot get rid of the G430 I got in March. Not looking for any money or anything, just looking to give it a home. Shoot me a PM if you want it, but I'm only shipping it in the US for cost reasons.

If you want some info on the G430, here's the Amazon listing.

Hey just reminding everyone of this. Let me know by Tuesday if you are interested :biggrin:

That is... super tempting. I have a cheaper, lesser version (G230) which lacks surround sound...

You know, that would require you to give out your real address ;)

Not really, no. ;)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Wow.

I was just watching a Witcher 3 stream, and like, holy crap does that game look amazing.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Looks like I won @Florin's giveaway for Costume Quest! Thanks a lot. I've almost picked this game up so many times. It looks like it will be a lot of fun to play with my kids.

Thanks for running the giveaway

Iirc your kids are about the same age as mine. The combat is a little tough for my son, cause a lot of stuff is precise timing based. I usually let my son do exploring and then I handle fights.

Good to know, although his level of exploring is running his character into a wall and then asking me to make his character do something. That's pretty much how we play goat simulator.

I'm pretty sure that's how you're supposed to play Goat Simulator.

I'll play split screen with my son and he loves watching my goat get hit head on by a semi-truck. But it's okay, because he's super goat and can't be hurt.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    Warning: for the final day of the sales, Humble Store is in full-on Fuck Yo' Wallet mode.

steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Disclaimer, I have not played it.

But if you want to get in on spintires mud and truck action, GMG has it for 9 dollars today (like 70% off)

edit
    Been a lot of humble deals I've been interested in, but ever since they started that steam linking instead of giving keys I've been full fuck no mode on it.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    chasm wrote: »
    Warning: for the final day of the sales, Humble Store is in full-on Fuck Yo' Wallet mode.

Jesus, did they just put everything on sale again?

• Options
    Hm? I've gotten keys from them every time I've bought something so far.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular

I want to be disappointed that I still can't pay with amazon payments, but I just spent $75 on board games. For a short time, my lust for things is sated.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

Vanishing of Ethan Carter is $7.99. If you haven't played it, it's a really neat puzzle/mystery game that is totally worth $8.

*edit* For a bit more description, it's a gorgeous-looking game where you explore an abandoned town, trying to piece together what happened through a series of rather intelligent puzzles. Also, mindfuckery. Gives off a real Myst vibe. Highly Recommended.

Houn on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »

But if you want to get in on spintires mud and truck action, GMG has it for 9 dollars today (like 70% off)

edit
    Been a lot of humble deals I've been interested in, but ever since they started that steam linking instead of giving keys I've been full fuck no mode on it.

@Buttcleft they did away with the steam linking thing awhile ago. Now they just give keys again.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

edit

@Buttcleft they did away with the steam linking thing awhile ago. Now they just give keys again.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

well so much for my wallet.

• Options

edit

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Tell your wallet I'm sorry.

steam_sig.png

• Options

edit

Tell your wallet I'm sorry.

You are the worst kind of person.

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    Between the humble store and bundlestars sales it's getting hard to hold out for the Summer Sale.

With my luck, whichever way I go the other will wind up being better.

• Options
    Everything on humblebundle gives a key now right?

cause I noticed on some pages it specifically mentions delievery via steam key and others don't. (yes the others are still steam games)

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    @Karoz hits hard, and has a long memory for gifts received.

I received a message from him this morning containing two mysterious codes, which turned out to be for Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor, and an upgrade to the GOTY edition!

Thanks, this will be very appreciated, and hopefully played soon!

• Options

cause I noticed on some pages it specifically mentions delievery via steam key and others don't. (yes the others are still steam games)

Yes. You get sent links via email, click on them, then choose your platform and it spits out a Steam key if you so choose.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I think so. I think Steam changed something so that's why they don't do the account linking thing anymore. But FYI - I bought Sunless Sea a week ago and it was definitely a Steam key and it doesn't say anything about being redeemed by Steam key: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/sunlesssea_storefront

steam_sig.png

• Options
    I dunno. I was gifted a humble game a couple days ago and it was a direct link-to-Steam-account, whereas another one I was gifted was a key.

So I'm not sure it's 100% Steam keys.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    I imagine you got gifted an old purchase Pixie.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I guess to to further it, here is the Humble page about redeeming Steam games: https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/204008710-Updated-Steam-Key-Redemption

The main part is:

*Note: These instructions will only apply to purchases made after January 12, 2015. Any purchases made before said time will still require OAuth. You can find instructions on how to redeem a Steam key with OAuth here.

The instructions outline how to redeem Steam keys and OAuth is the old link-to-steam-account thing so it looks like they haven't used it since Jan 12.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular

Yep, Just picked up Dustforce, Stealth Bastard and System Shock 2 for less than 3 bucks.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Dustforce just feels so damn good to play, anyone who does not have it yet should get it.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I was just coming in to post about Humble's sale. Holy hellfires.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Guess it's a good thing humble is blocked from work.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Guess it's a good thing humble is blocked from work.

$0.99.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    HOLY SHIT.

Games Workshop's Dark Future being adapted for PC

Dark Future was GW's near-future, cyberpunk road warrior universe (and tabletop game), originally from 1988. It was also absolutely goddamn amazing; the game was really, really good, but the fiction and lore was, for me, probably the best thing they ever did, above even Warhammer fantasy or 40K. It was pretty much my introduction to cyberpunk, and honestly still remains my main point of reference. Man, that whole fiction. So great. NoGo, the PeeZees (policed zones), the Sanctioned Ops taking on the outlaws on the roads, even Oliver North as President of the United States.

It makes sense that this seems to be riding the coattails of Mad Max: Fury Road a little bit. Dark Future always owed a lot to Mad Max, as does anything with a road warrior motif, but it was anything but a direct rip.

This trailer looks like they're sticking with what is now a retro-futuristic style, which is absolutely perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG5DegPZwCY

STOKED! Time to re-read the Dark Future novels again. <3

EDIT:

PixieSquee.png

(Cheers, Pixie! <3 )

Jazz on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    System Shock 2 and Psychonauts for .99 each.
    FTL for $2.49.
    Gunpoint for $1.99.

You have no excuse.

• Options
    @Jazz
    Would you like to borrow my squee?

PixieSquee.png

(also, I'm stoked with you. Want.)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    So.

After a long absence, I'm finally fortunate enough to be financially stable. Basically had to rebuild entire savings after almost going bankrupt, and got a good tax return that made up for moving expenses that we incurred last year. Lots of people were super nice to me during that time and gifted me some stuff.

A few of you will get some stuff from me here and there, as I feel compelled to repay the generosity I've experienced. I wish I could do more (as always), but also here are these:

signature.png

signature.png

Thanks guys!

Daily refresh.

Free games, people!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    You have no excuse.
    what about "literally no monies"

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    You have no excuse.
    "Fear of wife"

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    You have no excuse.
    "Fear of wife"

Geth secretly your overlord wife

• Options
    You're going on the list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Maybe you people should use Red Faction 1? Dig your way to victory.

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    There are tons of lists, can't even keep track of what I'm on anymore.

• Options
    You have no excuse.
    "Fear of wife"

Isn't there a game coming out something like that... :razz:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    HOLY SHIT.

Games Workshop's Dark Future being adapted for PC

Dark Future was GW's near-future, cyberpunk road warrior universe (and tabletop game), originally from 1988. It was also absolutely goddamn amazing; the game was really, really good, but the fiction and lore was, for me, probably the best thing they ever did, above even Warhammer fantasy or 40K. It was pretty much my introduction to cyberpunk, and honestly still remains my main point of reference. Man, that whole fiction. So great. NoGo, the PeeZees (policed zones), the Sanctioned Ops taking on the outlaws on the roads, even Oliver North as President of the United States.

It makes sense that this seems to be riding the coattails of Mad Max: Fury Road a little bit. Dark Future always owed a lot to Mad Max, as does anything with a road warrior motif, but it was anything but a direct rip.

This trailer looks like they're sticking with what is now a retro-futuristic style, which is absolutely perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG5DegPZwCY

STOKED! Time to re-read the Dark Future novels again. <3

EDIT:

PixieSquee.png

(Cheers, Pixie! <3 )

I picture how this went down at GW when this game was first developed:
    Bob is reading the news on his table
    Bill is painting his 5' tall titan.

Bob:Huh, they're remaking Mad Max....Fury Road....looks pretty good.
    Bill: Really, that's nice, its a good series.
    Bob: Yeah, lots of good tech behind it, good director, I think its the original. Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron. Even the original Toecutter.
    Bill: Damn fine casting.
    Bob:Damn fine casting.
    Bill:Probably going to be a merch and trans media frenzy, games, comic, toys.
    Bob: Yep, heard there's an mmo coming out too. Hope it does better than NCSoft's.
    Bill: Yeah, that was a neat game for a while (focuses on the cockpit with a smaller brush). Fiction was decent enough on that.
    Bob: True, I'm sure we could do better.
    Bill: Well, we did.
    Bob:What?
    Bill: Yeah, that was before your time, the company had all these books and games and media for a similar setting set in the Continental US. Sort of the Games Workshop attempt to cash in.
    Bob: So you're saying we already have an IP setting in our books, with fiction and artwork that could be tapped for a game, to match the setting and fever of what will probably be the greatest movie of the decade?
    Bill:Yeah........*processes the thought*......Light the beacon.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Advice needed!

My berfday's coming up and I'm trying to choose between Invisible Inc and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

I really liked The New Order and I really really really really love XCOM.

Both look pretty nifty. I need halp.

This discussion has been closed.