As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Old [NHL] Thread

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Will the real Devan Dubnyk please stand up?

Oh look! There he is!

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Will the real Devan Dubnyk please stand up?

Oh look! There he is!

You know, it's too early to call it right now, but I'm just really enjoying how sad the Wild subreddit is right now. It's hard to play the Blackhawks in the playoffs three years in a row.

Crosby goal assisted by Claude Giroux. I feel like I'm living in some sort of alternate timeline.

• CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Wow, Lou Lamoriello steps down as GM (remaining as President) and hires Shero to be GM. Wonder if Shero will bring in Bylsma, I was surprised both of them didn't get new jobs last year.

:so_raven:
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Also, if the NHL could stop trying to ram their "Leadership Award" named after awful human being Mark Messier down our throats, that would be great. No one cares!

:so_raven:
    Ok, Chicago. One more game and then you can start losing.

• Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    They can actually start losing now and that would be OK.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    You would be fucking salty if you were a Flames fan and they lost because of that bullshit.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Oh Don Cherry, you and your casual xenophobia.

Lol

Another buzzer beater?????????????

• GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Nooo! Montreal. Come on.

• BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Tanner Glass is dressing in the playoffs?

Man. Those Rangers. Pretty funny team.

• KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    WHAT

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Tanner Glass is dressing in the playoffs?

Man. Those Rangers. Pretty funny team.

Also bench Hunwick and keep Boyle because Hunwick is producing and Boyle isn't.

I don't know what they're thinking.

Granted, Glass may be in because Zuccarello is injured and Glass is in town or something.

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Chanus wrote: »

I'm speechless. This is something I didn't think I would hear, ever. Hunwick was the perennial whipping boy in Colorado.

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

I'm speechless. This is something I didn't think I would hear, ever. Hunwick was the perennial whipping boy in Colorado.

i mean, he's not been amazing, but he's been pretty solid over the last couple months

and doesn't do the thing boyle does where he gets possession and then is afraid to shoot the puck

or makes bonehead through-the-slot passes in the D zone when three opposition players crashing the net

Gonna go out on a limb and say there is going to be a game 5

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Yeah, as an inherited Canadiens fan (they're my dad's team), I'm not exactly complaining, but what the jank is going on in Tampa?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Reverse sweep reverse sweep!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Shadowen wrote: »
    ...as an inherited Canadiens fan (they're my dad's team)
    Every dad's dream. Seriously, I sincerely hope the same translates to my son.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Shadowen wrote: »
    ...as an inherited Canadiens fan (they're my dad's team)
    Every dad's dream. Seriously, I sincerely hope the same translates to my son.

Well, they're just in the hierarchy. At the top are the Jets (local team), then the Penguins (first team I liked of my own volition), then the Canadiens (dad's team)...I have complicated methods of determining who to cheer for in sportsball, is what I'm saying.

I was a third generation Habs fan, and then the trade happened. You know which one. I was 12. Give me a break.

Well at least chicago understands how to sweep a team you tampa losers!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    What a complete meltdown. As good as the Wild played against St. Louis, they've been the exact opposite team this series.

Chicago is a great team, don't get me wrong, but the Wild have been just fucking terrible in every way that you can be in a series.

sig.gif

At least this frees up my favorite announcer to cover games that are better.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I was a third generation Habs fan, and then the trade happened. You know which one. I was 12. Give me a break.

Ugh. The trade. Heartbreaking stuff.

holy crap Minnesota

I almost believed and I'm not even a fan of either team

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    omg that ending

I'm almost not even mad that we're out of the playoffs because that was possibly the most edge of my seat I've ever been watching a hockey game

I mean I am mad because god damn it fuck you Chicago

But only a little

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    God, more fucking Chelsea Dagger.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    God, more fucking Chelsea Dagger.

God willing.
    omg that ending

I'm almost not even mad that we're out of the playoffs because that was possibly the most edge of my seat I've ever been watching a hockey game

But only a little

You guys scored as many goals in the last five minutes as you did the last like, two games worth. Way to bring it at the most heart attack inducing time. That had the look of an epic collapse going for a bit there.

Those missed empty netters by Shaw or Toews would have broken my heart if it went the other way.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Took me a while to realise those were first names.

omg that ending

But only a little

I'm actually taking a "half glass full" perspective of the season. If someone was to tell the fanbase that Devin Dubnyk would turn one of the worst teams of the year into arguably the best in the second half of the season, and that they would go on to dominate St. Louis in the first round of the playoffs, said fanbase would take that 10 of 10 times. And we finished ahead of Vancouver and Colorado, which is an extra bonus.

Now the fun part comes. You acquired Vanek to be a goal scorer, which he did well enough in the regular season, but who completely disappeared in the postseason. What does Fletcher do from here to get this team to the next level?

sig.gif

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Oh man, if he ends up with the Oilers I will drink the hate like the sweet golden ichor that it will be.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    eichel has looked really good at the tournament

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    New York starts the play offs with two teams, now they have no teams in the play offs!

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Preacher wrote: »
    New York starts the play offs with two teams, now they have no teams in the play offs!

[record scratch]