As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [NHL] Thread

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    That's a dangerous game that pig is playing. No pork is safe in St. Louis.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Canadiens and Bruins Winter Classic Jerseys

I really like the Bruins one. Not a fan of the Canadiens jersey.

• Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    Kind of gets a 'meh' from me. We're all expecting the Leafs to be terrible for the next few years. If anything I've found this season so far to be satisfying. The team has like no talent, but is working hard and seems to be responding under Babcock. So I guess the club's racking up moral victories? hahaha. In the meantime, the team's on track for another lottery pick, the Raptors are 5-0, and the Jays got to game 6 of the ALCS.

Really hard to care that the Leafs stink right now, because that's part of the plan, really.

I asked my friend that's a Leafs fan about them and he is pretty much relegated to cheering for that #1 pick for that Austin Matthews kid.

By the way, how stupid will names be in 5-10 years when those kids reach draft age?

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Listening to Haynes and McNab is so hard sometimes. Every game I watch they go on and on about how the Avs are far and away leading the league in blocked shots. I can't find the list now but the last I had seen is they were blocking over 26 shots per game to the second ranked teams 16. STOP MAKING THAT SOUND GOOD YOU JERKS!! HAVING TO BLOCK THAT MANY SHOTS IS BAD!!! Especially when you're still giving up 35-40 on net. Sigh.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    Listening to Haynes and McNab is so hard sometimes. Every game I watch they go on and on about how the Avs are far and away leading the league in blocked shots. I can't find the list now but the last I had seen is they were blocking over 26 shots per game to the second ranked teams 16. STOP MAKING THAT SOUND GOOD YOU JERKS!! HAVING TO BLOCK THAT MANY SHOTS IS BAD!!! Especially when you're still giving up 35-40 on net. Sigh.

Bob Errey was talking the other game about how 'if you win 8 of your last 9 that means you are doing the right things to win games!"

Uh, no. We have off the charts good goal tending winning us games. When that goal tending gets back down to it's normal level we are going to lose lots of games. Unless we figure out how to defense. (Currently leading the league in team defense)

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    come on, krejci :(

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    LitanyLitany Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    come on, krejci :(

That was a brutal choice.

Steam: Litany || PSN: Litany- || Nintendo Network ID: Litany
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    haha awesome

the albany devil's goalie has puddy from seinfield on his helmet

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Avs winning 3-0. Outshooting 21-8. What is this? I don't even.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    And Duchene goes on a tear after I drop him in fantasy.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Have any other Avs? Drop them too.

• Options
    Dear Avs, please do this again on Saturday when I'm watching the game with some friends/Canadiens fans.

Hahahahahaha, yeah. Right.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Two goals on two weekend games means two hot dogs

ed5daadb-021a-4770-b41b-cffe7f6b3737_zpsgv0lhane.jpg

I apparently make shitty faces while I'm eating. Looks painful.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    7! Years at 4.25m per for abdelkader

Whoops...

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Yeah, that sure is a contract......

• Options
    damn i thought abdelkader was younger

that's a lot of years

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I swear to god if there's anything to these rumors about Duchene being on the market, after I finally got my jersey this past summer....

• Options
    Losing three good centers in Stastny Duchene and O'Reilly in three years would be kinda amazing

• Options
    At first I thought it was just Dater making shit up to try and get some twitter traffic, but even guys like McKenzie, Dreger and LeBrun are talking about it now. Even going as far as saying Sakic and Brian Murray have already had some discussions.

• Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    @Jayricho :evil: you're going down tonight, brah

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    @Le_Goat Probably, yes. This team has yet to win two in a row, so.....

I'm expecting a nightmare of a game on Saturday vs the Canadiens too. Though I've got a plan for some laughs since I'm watching the game with some friends who are Montreal fans. Thinking of wearing my Roy/Canadiens jersey under one of my Avs ones and making the switch when the game starts going bad.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    7! Years at 4.25m per for abdelkader

Whoops...

Ken Holland has not had a good run since 2009.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Oh. Hey. Win streaks do exist. Though if I had my copy of Fallout 4 (you suck Canada Post), I probably would've checked out of this one after going down by 2.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I know the Central is a tough division, but 4 teams have 20+ points. Crazy. Metropolitan is looking tough so far too.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Jayricho :evil: you're going down tonight, brah
    Well that did not turn out as I had hoped... To be honest, I didn't even get to watch the game. I thought I'd get to see some of it, but we had tickets to Puscifer last night, so that trumped it. On the plus side, I got to see a Luchado match as the opener! That was fun. Also a robotic cock fight, so that was pretty funny.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    I know the Central is a tough division, but 4 teams have 20+ points. Crazy. Metropolitan is looking tough so far too.
    ...is it bad that I am still having trouble with the "new" division names?

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    Idx86 wrote: »
    ...is it bad that I am still having trouble with the "new" division names?

Not at all. I don't think they're bad, just different.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Jayricho wrote: »
    At first I thought it was just Dater making shit up to try and get some twitter traffic, but even guys like McKenzie, Dreger and LeBrun are talking about it now. Even going as far as saying Sakic and Brian Murray have already had some discussions.

Yeah what even is this nonsense?

Eklund saying we have a surplus of fowards? What?!

Grig, Comeau, Mitchell, Iginla, Tanguay, Skille, sure all great forwards. On the bottom 6. You can't keep shuffling them up with Duchene and expect him to excel.

Losing Duchene would be absolutely devastating. It's been this way since Sacco (who I forgot was an assistant in Boston, ohgodimsosorry). Duchene needs finishers. He's not like MacKinnon who can take over a shift single-handedly. When Duchene gets quality, fast linemates he absolutely destroys. His record when he was put with our other two best forwards speaks volumes.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Still saddens me when I think about what could have been if Flash and Mueller would have worked out. Unfortunately Flash has his health problems made worse at the elevation and Blake scrambled Mueller's brain.

And now that I think about it, last night was a good example of the lack of depth this team has. Landeskog got tossed and it was a revolving door of players in his spot the rest of the night.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Flash came out and said his health problems were just a rumor (at elevation). I forget what the real reason was but it wasn't that.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Lando gone for two games.

Not sure I agree with that one.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Wheel of justice at it again. Let's ask Bfuglien what he thinks....oh wait he got nothing last time...

Marchand didn't even leave the ice to go to the quiet room, and they generally seem to judge based off injury. He just went to the box after punching Lando in the mouth.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Yeah, 2 seems steep. There wasn't an intent to go for the head there. 1 game would have sufficed as a max, then appeal and bring down to a fine or something. He's never been suspended before, right?

• Options
    Not that I know. Jayricho summed up my feelings pretty well. I don't have the hatred for Marchand that most of the fans on hfboards do, and I know Lando can sometimes let Viking Mode take over and start trucking dudes, but Big Buff absolutely demolished Gallagher on a similar hit last week and got nothing.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I can't think of a time he's been suspended either. Don't they usually mention repeat offender status in their explanation videos?

Besides we all know the only reason for any head contact is because of Marchand's giant nose, right? :P

Jayricho on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Like I said before, watching the game with some friends who are Canadiens fan. We agreed before the game to do shots for goals against. This is going surprisingly well.

Edit: It's also fun listening to them try and work out a trade for Duchene.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I figured you'd be having fun based on how the game was going.

• Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    Roy is the greatest at everything:

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Roy is the greatest at everything:

Except coaching?