As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM! Sale begins June 11th. IT HAS BEGUN!

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    corndogs are just a hot dog fried in cornmeal batter

I kind of want to try this:
    73Zge0K.jpg
    TzFNHRN.jpg

Nah man

You really don't

Fucking Surprise Hot Dog strikes again

I THOUGHT IT WAS FRENCH FRIES ON A STICK BUT THEY LIED TO ME
    Fyndir you will have to take my word for it, that shit looks like french fries on a stick.

And who the fuck expects hot dogs in breakfast tacos.

Literally no one.
    Also my reaction is more accurately described as a resigned, "God damn it," before I throw whatever it is away.

Sandra's dating life.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    When is the steam sale over?

It runs until the 21st according to the home page. But the end might just be recaps, so check the timer on the sale page of any game you are interested in to see how much time you have left on any discount.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    So how fun is Chroma Squad? Should I buy it y/n

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Thanks for the info @Gumpy and @el_vicio !

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    @Yukira got me Chroma Squad!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My finger slipped.
    It's not like I like you or anything,
    Baka

Yukira on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    HOW DID I GET PAST LEVEL 40K IN THIS STUPID STEAM GAME

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Is nuke Throne ever going to go on sale

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    not until it is out of early access according the developers, IIRC.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    All I need for the badge is Gold Helm

Does anyone have one they're willing to trade for? The only dupe I have right now is Cerulean Carmouth, but it's yours if you want it

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Oh man.

One of the flash deals is The Secret World: Ultimate Edition for $29.99.

Now, I know what you're thinking, "But DarkPrimus, the base game is $8.99! How is that a deal?" Well, the Ultimate Edition includes pretty much all of the paid story DLC released so far: Seven full Issues and three Sidestories packs.

While Issues 9-11 are available in the Fall of Tokyo pack (currently on sale for $14.99) the rest of the DLC is only otherwise purchasable via the in-game store, which doesn't really get sales on the story content. So to buy all the DLC after getting the base game would cost you way more than $29.99. (The store page says it's a $162 value.)

Of course, even without the DLC the game features dozens, if not hundreds of hours of gameplay. The story is incredible and oftentimes people complain/praise the game for sometimes feeling like a single-player game that was made into an MMO.

I don't mind it being an MMO though because it's got the most friendly and helpful community in any MMO out there and I love doing the group dungeons and stuff.

And since it's B2P once you've purchased it you can take your time with it and not worry about rushing through the content before your subscription expires.

Did I mention when you buy the Ultimate Edition, you get an exclusive outfit?

Seriously, The Secret World is incredible. I was trying to play through some of the characters' storyline in SWTOR and I'm more or less having to force myself to do it because the game environments feels so sterile and artificial (not to mention it takes you forever to travel anywhere and get stuff done) and the combat is needlessly complicated compared to TSW.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Lichdom Battlemage is pretty good at $5.

• Options
    I really really want to like Secret World, but I just can't for some reason.

I guess part of the problem is the ol' "Trying to play an MMO alone" thing.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    monsterror wrote: »

It really is kind of a single-player MMO, in that you can go through the entire main story without having to party up with any other players.

I really like the dungeons and other group content, and I'm quite enjoying playing through the story on a new character with a friend of mine, but if what's holding you back is not having someone to play with, I'd still recommend trying it out. There is a very active community based in the Sanctuary channel that is dedicated to making sure players new and old get assistance with stuff, so even without a real-life friend to play with there's almost always someone you can ask for advice if necessary.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I have read so many mixed opinions of DreadOut, with some claiming it's disappointing to others saying that the updates made it excellent.

Any recent opinions? Is it legit spooky?

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Aw, I knew most of the things I wanted most wouldn't get much of a discount but I had higher hopes for Void Destroyer.

Also man this sale game is pretty funny, seeing the huge differences in games' max level between the days.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Got a blitzkrieg double today, also still have a cerulean carmouth, dire frog, and two Sigmond's extra.

need 2,6,9,10

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    well, looks like lvl 1,000,000 is about to be hit in this summer clicker game

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular

are you in the same game? did they freakin' accelerate the numbers, or something?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The game I'm in is just shy of 700k right now

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Damn, I was hoping Pillars of Eternity would go on a steeper discount.

I should probably leave it. I already have more games than I can play before the next sale.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Gotten Planetary Annihilation because....I'm a sucker....

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »

are you in the same game? did they freakin' accelerate the numbers, or something?

I don't understand how there can be such gigantic disparities.

The whole thing seems terribly balanced anyway. You do far too little damage with clicks to even bother without an auto-clicker.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    pillars of eternity came out like 2 months ago

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    pillars of eternity came out like 2 months ago

I have a feeling they had a bunch of content and plot threads that didn't make it into the PoE on release

if they're using the same engine? which they continue to patch?

I'm down with it

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    speaking of pillars

new expansion!

• Options
    speaking of pillars

new expansion!

yup! looking forward to it

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Fishman wrote: »
    Damn, I was hoping Pillars of Eternity would go on a steeper discount.

I should probably leave it. I already have more games than I can play before the next sale.

this is me too, if it would be been 15 bucks, I'd have a harder time not buying it

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Pillars of Eternity is a great game, and I've had a ton of fun with it. That said, I don't think it's a must-have.

Dungeon-crawling is super fun and very rewarding. I don't know if I can think of a game with better dungeons.

But I can't think of anything really innovative that stuck out to me. Just very good design, combat, and balance.

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    One of the bits of New Vegas DLC is supposed to be really good, right

Which one is that

Is it the one with James Urbaniak

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It's a good (even great, by your own words) game, so why does it have to be "innovative" to be a must-have?

Obsidian set out to make a successor to all the Infinity Engine games you liked and that's what they did

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    monsterror wrote: »

It really is kind of a single-player MMO, in that you can go through the entire main story without having to party up with any other players.

I really like the dungeons and other group content, and I'm quite enjoying playing through the story on a new character with a friend of mine, but if what's holding you back is not having someone to play with, I'd still recommend trying it out. There is a very active community based in the Sanctuary channel that is dedicated to making sure players new and old get assistance with stuff, so even without a real-life friend to play with there's almost always someone you can ask for advice if necessary.

It was really how quickly the difficulty ramped up from zone to zone. Like, the third or fourth zone was impossible to navigate without hitting invisible walls, and even when I could find a route, it was right through ridiculously overpowered enemies.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Which one is that

Old World Blues is the consensus favorite, followed by Honest Hearts. Lonesome Road and Dead Money are both worthy, but more contentious.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    It's a good (even great, by your own words) game, so why does it have to be "innovative" to be a must-have?

Obsidian set out to make a successor to all the Infinity Engine games you liked and that's what they did

Oh, I'm not bashing it for not being innovative. Or at least, that wasn't my intention. I realize that not every game has to stretch the boundaries of so on and so forth.

I guess I started with a goal in mind when I wrote that post and I never actually got there.

My post was originally going to be a response to people saying that the game was still too expensive to buy. I wanted to let them know that I really liked the game, but I think that it's probably fine to wait a year or two for the price to drop.

Just, y'know. It's not something crazy and new that I would recommend to everyone.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Mr. G wrote: »

Which one is that

the good new vegas dlc in my opinion is Honest Hearts and Old World Blues, OWB being the best one. Dead Money is the worst one and Lonesome Road is whatever.

The "Story" the unites all of the dlc is terrible.

Langly on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Secret World ultimate is showing 40 bucks for me

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Hmm, I guess there isn't a way of upgrading to the Ultimate Secret World, aside from buying the DLC as one-offs.
    Should I even bother or is it super late-game content?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i think it's really funny that valve actively makes a worse idle game than some dudes who just throw something together in flash

it's an idle game! it should be impossible to mess up!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »

I don't understand how there can be such gigantic disparities.

The whole thing seems terribly balanced anyway. You do far too little damage with clicks to even bother without an auto-clicker.

Ya the steam game taught me how to figure out the autofire mode on my mouse.

And then it taught me that even full speed autofire isn't doing much in this steam clicker.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    pillars is the one i was really hoping to catch on sale, but i did pick up darkest dungeon which im really enjoying

This discussion has been closed.