As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

STEAM! Sale begins June 11th. IT HAS BEGUN!

1939495969799»

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Got doubles of 1 and 7. Don't have much of anything else.

Hit me up for a trade if ya want 'em.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    I have read so many mixed opinions of DreadOut, with some claiming it's disappointing to others saying that the updates made it excellent.

Any recent opinions? Is it legit spooky?

you could do worse with 4 bucks

FqmsaJ6.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    10% and 15% off for flash and daily deals, seems blasphemous!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    monsterror wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I really really want to like Secret World, but I just can't for some reason.

I guess part of the problem is the ol' "Trying to play an MMO alone" thing.

It really is kind of a single-player MMO, in that you can go through the entire main story without having to party up with any other players.

I really like the dungeons and other group content, and I'm quite enjoying playing through the story on a new character with a friend of mine, but if what's holding you back is not having someone to play with, I'd still recommend trying it out. There is a very active community based in the Sanctuary channel that is dedicated to making sure players new and old get assistance with stuff, so even without a real-life friend to play with there's almost always someone you can ask for advice if necessary.

It was really how quickly the difficulty ramped up from zone to zone. Like, the third or fourth zone was impossible to navigate without hitting invisible walls, and even when I could find a route, it was right through ridiculously overpowered enemies.

Ah yes, the infamous Blue Mountain difficulty spike.

They did a major rebalancing of the game a few months back that made it so the difficulty curve is a true curve. Each zone is more difficult than the last, but not hopelessly so. They also improved the beginning tutorials so that you given two weapons from the get-go and the story missions will reward you with better gear rewards than previously.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

I was surprised to see Chroma Squad get a Flash deal for 15% off. I was also surprised to see Chroma Squad's regular sale discount, which is apparently 15% off.

Also if you want that Z-Lo (#9), get on Steam and accept my friend request.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    How different is corndog batter from donut batter?

Because that's what that looks like at the top to me.

donuts are like fried cake
    corn dog batter is cornmeal

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

I was surprised to see Chroma Squad get a Flash deal for 15% off. I was also surprised to see Chroma Squad's regular sale discount, which is apparently 15% off.

Accepted, did you need any in return?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    well, looks like lvl 1,000,000 is about to be hit in this summer clicker game

are you in the same game? did they freakin' accelerate the numbers, or something?

I'm in a different game... had thought my group was going quickly (we were past a few thousand levels in the first couple hours) and went to check my friends list. It's a combination of autoclickers and javascripted bots (my game yesterday was moving too quickly to keep up, jumping ahead 5-15 levels every couple seconds), along with (probably, it was discussed a couple days ago) people using the wormholes en masse to jump ahead a few hundred thousand levels.

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    If anyone has an extra #10, Golden Helm, I'm looking for one. I've got extra #2 Dominic, #7 Dansky, and #8 Dire Frog

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i bought Shadowrun Online, It's pretty okay. Leveling system is way different than returns, but i'm enjoying it.

They also seem to barrow the camera stuff from XCOM, which doesn't work near as well but was a cute idea.

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    My character in Dead Rising 3 now has a white kung-fu jacket, black kung-fu trousers and slippers, a giant 70's afro and a Fu Manchu moustache.

Honestly, this may never change, no matter what other outfits I unlock.

• Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, a little tempted to uninstall GTA for Secret World.

Christ, I need a bigger hard drive.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    My character in Dead Rising 3 now has a white kung-fu jacket, black kung-fu trousers and slippers, a giant 70's afro and a Fu Manchu moustache.

Honestly, this may never change, no matter what other outfits I unlock.

Yeah, my outfit in Dead Rising 2 was locked in early as well: red full-body pyjamas, green rubber boots and a knit hat

e: The Talos Principle is really intriguing so far, and I'm just an hour in. I wouldn't be surprised if I started to recognize hex as string at some point

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »

I've had it on my wishlist. It started at 10% off. The flash sale brought it to a whopping 15%. It's a $15 game to begin with, so it's cheap anyways. But at the same time that 5% is only another $0.74 discount.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    well, looks like lvl 1,000,000 is about to be hit in this summer clicker game

are you in the same game? did they freakin' accelerate the numbers, or something?

I'm in a different game... had thought my group was going quickly (we were past a few thousand levels in the first couple hours) and went to check my friends list. It's a combination of autoclickers and javascripted bots (my game yesterday was moving too quickly to keep up, jumping ahead 5-15 levels every couple seconds), along with (probably, it was discussed a couple days ago) people using the wormholes en masse to jump ahead a few hundred thousand levels.

almost level 2.5 million, now

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    look at this bullshit

wtf_zpsuqpwo94g.png

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Ashaman42Ashaman42 Registered User regular
    Right then folks. Summer game cards. I have 1 of #3, 2 of #4. 2 of #8 and 1 of #10.

Who wants 'em? First come first served. PM me with your Steam id. I am however going to bed now so you'll have to wait till tomorrow evening (I'm on UK time).

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    look at this bullshit

wtf_zpsuqpwo94g.png

lol

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Anybody playing black flag post the sale now or has that ship sailed

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    HOW DID I GET PAST LEVEL 40K IN THIS STUPID STEAM GAME

WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING
    skills

Edit: oh hey, I didn't have ~1.000K, it was 1 billion+. Lvl ~2800, I think it was lvl 300 when I went to the pub 4 hours ago. Yeah, something seems to have happened...

Panda4You on
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I got one level of the summer sale badge and I haven't joined the game since.

This is definitely the dumbest sale gimmick they have come up with yet.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie, a little tempted to uninstall GTA for Secret World.

Christ, I need a bigger hard drive.

Yeah TSW takes up a lot of HDD space. And if you're installing it, then you're going to be downloading a lot of patches after getting the base game finished installing.

But so it goes with MMOs.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    *shakes fist* @el_viciooooooooooooooo....

qabugm5p9s5a.png

Thank you! :)

Veldrin on
  • Options
    Paladin wrote: »

I've got it installed due to my recent AssCreed kick. I think I need some multiplayer achievements, too.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    tsplitter wrote: »
    I have read so many mixed opinions of DreadOut, with some claiming it's disappointing to others saying that the updates made it excellent.

Any recent opinions? Is it legit spooky?

you could do worse with 4 bucks

I'm more concerned about time than money (as in, is it worth my time).

• Options
    So, in closing, Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown is a pretty good game if you want more shadowrun but have already beat returns and dragonfall a number of times.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I like Dragonfall so much I just bought Returns

might be a weird way of doing it, but whatever

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

I've got it installed due to my recent AssCreed kick. I think I need some multiplayer achievements, too.

My uplay thingie is randomcollusion

last time I played multi was in the first AC game that offered it, and I sucked until I got poison darts (meaning I have no skill)

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    also, all the voice actors are doing new england accents. an ork told me earlier that we're going to get along wicked awesome.

• Options

My uplay thingie is randomcollusion

last time I played multi was in the first AC game that offered it, and I sucked until I got poison darts (meaning I have no skill)

I think I've maybe played a handful of games, so it should be fine.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I have 1,3,5, and 6 for summer cards if anyone wants em.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    I bought FF13, FF13-2, and Game of Thrones.

My backlog includes Witcher 3, Wolf Among Us, XCOM, Far Cry 4, Broken Age, Brothers, Pillars of Eternity, Homeworld Remastered, Shadowrun Dragonfall DC, and the Talos Principle

FUCKKKKK

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Fishman wrote: »
    Damn, I was hoping Pillars of Eternity would go on a steeper discount.

I should probably leave it. I already have more games than I can play before the next sale.

this just reminded me that I backed it on kickstarter, so many moons ago.

I should probably redeem that.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    AHsAoI1.png

wxAkprp.png

fYYvJAO.png

@Radius I'm actually just declining it because I got it for PS+ this month, not to be mean! Thanks though!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    yeah I had really good time with Dragonfall

here's my troll lady:

Qxb91Cm.jpg

Hardcastle McCormick

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm dying.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've been playing burnout paradise and you can just crash through signs and things with your car and I really think that is neat

• Options
    That's a pretty rad troll lady.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I played an elf with a rifle. it's a well documented fact that I am the worst

This discussion has been closed.