As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Old HW launch thread

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I got a very high, 5200 something for DX11. Borderless Windowed. Good enough.

• Options
    TeaTea FFXIV: Tea L'euphorie Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

T10 NIN using Windows speech recognition for mudras xD

Tea on
    After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • Options
    TeaTea FFXIV: Tea L'euphorie Registered User regular
    also, it's officially Yoshi-P's birthday! u6kejuz6g1p6.jpg
    20mydnb7k96o.jpg

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Yoshi, you are too fabulous.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    Do we know what new abilities each class is getting from 50-60?

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Lenore03 wrote: »

we have absolutely no idea yet. the benchmark has a few new animations, but... not much info.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Been poking around the internet, and it looks like if you want to "win" at the benchmark (Maximum/dx11/70+fps) you need an i5/i7 that's at least 3.5GHz, 16GB of RAM, and a GTX 770 with a couple gigs of VRAM.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Nope, and I wouldn't expect any sort of solid information to be coming out until the expansion is actually released.
    We don't know how many skills and what they are but we do know that they are substantial enough to change how we'll be playing the jobs

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think this is my final one for now, at least until they add in the rest of the options:

tmpL3F1.png

Wait there's gonna be more options?

WHEW.

I was getting worried because the lack of ANY Scale color options was a huge bummer.

No idea what the options will be, but supposedly Yoshi P said in an interview that the current options were only half of what was coming. He said "Players can make half their character now, and the other half when the expansion comes"

Right now we can only make the outside.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Tea wrote: »
    also, it's officially Yoshi-P's birthday! u6kejuz6g1p6.jpg
    20mydnb7k96o.jpg

The ashtray and wine next to the cake.

Oh Yoshi-P.

Also I just wanted to check, as a tank is there anything you can do for the golem boss in Qarn when he goes on his wacky rampage? The threat meter would show me as RED but he would still be just running after my team mates after he first would fall down.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nope, after the first time you destroy the soul stone threat doesn't mean anything. Just DPS away.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    For his birthday Yoshi P released two new screenshots!

40etd0P.jpg
    bP63QpA.jpg

NNID: delphinidaes
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ElucidaElucida Registered User regular

Clearly BLM will get Flare 2, Flare with a Vengeance, Live Free or Flare, and a Good Day to Flare as their abilities.

FFXIV: Sylvinae Mori
  • Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I wonder if they'll bring back Shockspikes. I miss that buff.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Naturally Scholars should get a third fairy, Helios.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    gavindelgavindel The reason all your software is brokenRegistered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »

Alternatively:
    Fallout-New-Vegas-Helios-One.jpg

Book - Royal road - Free! Seraphim === TTRPG - Wuxia - Free! Seln Alora
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    You know what I would love, but probably wouldn't happen?

Hard taunts. It'd have to be on a huge cooldown, though.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »

And at 70 they can merge with it and guide Eorzea in a benevolent dictatorship.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular

The ashtray and wine next to the cake.

Oh Yoshi-P.

Also I just wanted to check, as a tank is there anything you can do for the golem boss in Qarn when he goes on his wacky rampage? The threat meter would show me as RED but he would still be just running after my team mates after he first would fall down.

Nope. He has no aggro table at that point.

• Options
    Astale wrote: »

Hard taunt? Like a taunt that locks the monster to you for a period of time no matter what?

• Options
    Esh wrote: »

Hard taunt? Like a taunt that locks the monster to you for a period of time no matter what?

Basically, yeah.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Well, it looks like the vast majority of the screenshots I took had bad angles or other flaws in them... this is probably the best one of the bunch... and there's no going back on it
    8iU6KpY.jpg

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    4/6 ponies down. At least when i was doing my pvp mounts it was exciting. this is like the grindiest of grinds T_T

For clarification, the dead or carried always get the pony T_T

Greg USN on
    FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular

I know right!
    b7Qwt27.jpg?1
    http://kiwipancakes.tumblr.com/ is one of the best!

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    In light of the recent info about how a "ghost" can appear with a very small chance for a few seconds it seems some people have been trying to capture it on video.

It looks like this person managed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnR01wRDDl8&amp;feature=youtu.be

Note there are some spoilers in there about a couple of the dungeons, sorta.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

Basically, yeah.

In the King Moogle fight, either the the WAR or PLD moogle has that ability, so it's not outside the realm of reason.

• Options
    In light of the recent info about how a "ghost" can appear with a very small chance for a few seconds it seems some people have been trying to capture it on video.

It looks like this person managed it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnR01wRDDl8&amp;feature=youtu.be

Note there are some spoilers in there about a couple of the dungeons, sorta.

There has been some speculation that the 'Kefka' boss from AK hard and her ghost will show up in the inevitable Ampadoor city hardmode, since both fights had that "not quite dead" ending.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular

Basically, yeah.

In the King Moogle fight, either the the WAR or PLD moogle has that ability, so it's not outside the realm of reason.

That's not really telling though. Mostly because King Mog pretty much stayed the same between 1.0 and 2.0.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Seeing as I'm still getting back into the swing of things, I'm having a hard time finding a place to level my newly 30 dragoon. I went to Coerthas and the Levemete there only gives level 35 Leves. There doesn't seem to be a Levemete in North Shroud, even though the enemies are level appropriate.

Where should I go to level at 30 to level my dragoon.

Note: I already have a 50 class so my leveling options are pretty much hunts, leves, logs, and dungeon roulettes.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm still getting back into the swing of things, I'm having a hard time finding a place to level my newly 30 dragoon. I went to Coerthas and the Levemete there only gives level 35 Leves. There doesn't seem to be a Levemete in North Shroud, even though the enemies are level appropriate.

Where should I go to level at 30 to level my dragoon.

Note: I already have a 50 class so my leveling options are pretty much hunts, leves, logs, and dungeon roulettes.

I think Costa Del Sol is 30-35.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Depending on gear and with your choco out, you should give some of those 35 leves a try.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can't until you are level 35. Won't give them to you.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ShimazuShimazu Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I've put in a couple of solid days of questing far and I haven't even reached Shiva. THERE'S SO MUCH CONTENT.

I confess I've been a little distracted by chocobo racing.

Shimazu on
    FFXIV - Cao Cao @ Sargatanas
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Red Cat and I are hung up on the Atmas. I have 11/12, but I have 5 of the 11th and she doesn't have it yet. The frustration is palpable.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Also there's not much point, since I'm pretty sure you take a penalty on XP for quests that are higher than your level.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

Basically, yeah.

That's not really telling though. Mostly because King Mog pretty much stayed the same between 1.0 and 2.0.

I never said it was going to happen, just that the ability exists in game. Albeit for a boss mob.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Also there's not much point, since I'm pretty sure you take a penalty on XP for quests that are higher than your level.

you can't do the turn-in part at all, though.
    i kept getting stuck on the main story because i wasn't high enough level to turn quests in after completing them.

afaik, you take a slight penalty for killing, crafting or gathering things more than a certain amount above your level, but it's usually a wash because their base xp is also higher.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Doesn't the town with the observatory do level 30 leves?

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    ShimazuShimazu Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Still marathoning through the main story. This is an emotional rollercoaster. I feel like I must be getting close to current though.

Shimazu on
    FFXIV - Cao Cao @ Sargatanas
This discussion has been closed.