Options

I work with history's greatest monster in the [job] thread.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Second day back at work after a month off with my boy.

Yesterday going back to work was novel and fun, and he helped me pack my bag like he used to.

Today, the realisation that I was going back to work all the time must have sunk in.

"NO GO TO WORK! NO LUNCH! NO BAG! OPEN, OPEN, OPEN!"

Oh, my boy, I wish I could stay home and play Duplo and colouring and watch football with you in the beanbag all day too.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Driving home from work today, and I had a kid cross against traffic and stop right in front of me to tie his shoe in the middle of the road. Jaywalking is a thing here, and I expect a good deal of it. Even the slow-ass guy who walked in front of me the other morning just as the light changed didn't baffle me as much as this kid. Like, tie your shoe on the sidewalk? You're not moving either way, and perhaps you won't possibly get injured/killed doing so.
    I didn't hit him or anything, but I did startle him with my horn.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    There were drive-by shooting at the same intersection where my store is the last two nights with no injuries.

Just..what the hell?

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    MechMantis wrote: »
    So uh

A group of very drunk people tried to bribe me, the assistant manager of a hotel, to let them go up to a room where they had a friend about twenty years collectively their junior and also of the opposite sex in the room.

Later the woman in that room called me asking me if I would let her friends up.

Police were called shortly there after.

Aww, you shut down their sexpile!

I'm still trying to figure out if the lady in question was a very ambitious prostitute or a very ambitious swinger.

And some people just want a gang bang about 3 towns over, away from nosy neighbors that gossip.

Lord knows I went to one in San Fran while living near Sacranento.

Is that like an off-brand Sacramento?

No, it's what it sounds like when your sinuses are all stuffed up due to mold in your living space.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Glad the Derecho going through the Midwest weakened before it got to my airport.

iadamage3.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=551&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    Is that a dude sitting on the prop?

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm being reminded just why the principal sent the second OT to work in the library instead of being in the office. Because she and the first OT just chatter to each other and get nothing done. All three of us went in two separate carts to a mandatory meeting and I returned an hour later, after doing some running around. They were not back yet. They didn't get back until an hour after I did and I have no idea what they were doing besides jibber-jabber.

Also it is really annoying to tell someone we will be leaving at X time in order to make it to the meeting on time, then when X time arrives, the person says oh hang on a sec I need to go to the bathroom and now we're leaving at X+15 time and pissing me off in the process.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2015

This is not meant to be insulting. I just immediately thought of it.

https://youtu.be/vh5kZ4uIUC0

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    It's all good. It really looks like his legs are aside the blade that's at the top. It's the new dress!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

No, just a leprechaun

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    My boss might be getting fired tomorrow. Serves him right. Hes made sexual passes at an employee and customer, cusses customers out behind their back, is late all the time, called off one day, put a coworker in tears screaming at her, makes sure he has every weekend off, and was so late one day he opened the store 2 hours late.

Hes been here for a little over 2 weeks.

Well

no one can say he didn't put in the effort.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So with my degree done I guess it's time to look for jobs. It's just a two year software development degree so i'm not sure which ones i'd be qualified for, or what I should be searching for. Most things I find regarding programming are either entry level with no programming experience in which case why did I bother with the degree in the first place, or all the programming experience with 5+ years in a related job.

I guess if anyone has any examples that would be nice. The Seattle area is probably a decent place for that kind of thing, but muddling around on my own hasn't come up with much. The career center at school was rather useless since they mostly only help with resumes and cover letters.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Glad the Derecho going through the Midwest weakened before it got to my airport.

iadamage3.jpg?v=at&w=980&h=551&api=7db9fe61-7414-47b5-9871-e17d87b8b6a0

I've heard that a stronger "wave 2" is supposed to be coming through around 8 or 9, but I don't know how it is forecast for your area. It's been getting progressively more windy throughout the day here. I heard there was a tornado touchdown in Portage.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    So with my degree done I guess it's time to look for jobs. It's just a two year software development degree so i'm not sure which ones i'd be qualified for, or what I should be searching for. Most things I find regarding programming are either entry level with no programming experience in which case why did I bother with the degree in the first place, or all the programming experience with 5+ years in a related job.

I guess if anyone has any examples that would be nice. The Seattle area is probably a decent place for that kind of thing, but muddling around on my own hasn't come up with much. The career center at school was rather useless since they mostly only help with resumes and cover letters.

@Aistan What language(s) are you proficient in? That's kind of the starting point.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    well, that was fun

my boss' first day back from a seizure four months ago (he compounded some unknown fractures in his spine and had to rehab) ended with me having to dig back into the ol' Red Cross Training Manual and help him ride out his first seizure since then

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Hm, nearly sent my coworker my excel sheet on eevees instead of the revised one she sent me to review.

Perils of sending out e-mail from home.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh great apparently my resume is "under review"

... for some reason the thought of getting a job is like 900x more terrifying than just being unemployed

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

... for some reason the thought of getting a job is like 900x more terrifying than just being unemployed

By who though?

Mysterious shady organization?
    Your boss because he forgot your name?
    The people that build crane machine games?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    DrZiplock wrote: »

By who though?

Mysterious shady organization?
    Your boss because he forgot your name?
    The people that build crane machine games?

that first one

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

Agreeeeee

Right now my brain lemurs are scampering back and forth between dealing with imagined immigration paperwork snafus and meeting a half dozen new coworkers

• Options
    builderr0rbuilderr0r Registered User regular

It's nice to see a fellow dev-person. :P Are there any paid internships in your area? I assumed Seattle would have a lot of opportunities. I also recommend checking out the careers page of some companies you're interested in. When I was job hunting I found a lot of jobs that weren't listed on job search sites like Indeed, Monster, etc. Instead they were hidden on the company's website.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »

What language(s) are you proficient in? That's kind of the starting point.

I wouldn't call it proficient, but most of the schoolwork was centered around C# with a very little bit of javascript and html.

• Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    managed services...

*sighs in disappointment*

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    Well that was nutty. I just took a 6 hour long professional certification exam. 6 of 7 total.

Whoever thought 6 hour long exams would be a good idea is a jerk.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Guess who gets to wake up at 4 a.m. tomorrow (and 2-3 times every week this summer) for work???

It's me!

Oh lord help me....

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Summer is here and I have the burned flesh to prove it because I did not use sunblock when going out on errands at work today. Not making that mistake again.

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Summer is here and I have the burned flesh to prove it because I did not use sunblock when going out on errands at work today. Not making that mistake again.

Yeah. No more errands.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    @timspork's ghost man I hope to hell you don't have to do major shifting in that library of yours. I've moved four rows of books so far; the shelves are ~4 feet wide, 10 tall, and a dozen to a row. To top it off there's no AC on that floor and no breeze in the section I'm on.

Skeith on
    aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Spouse payday is possibly the best day of the month. Especially if it's about a week out from your payday.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    The internal recruiter responsible for scheduling me an interview at a global asset management firm left last week, before setting up my in-person. :\

• Options
    Bad-BeatBad-Beat Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Oh shit the new edition of Fecal & Urinary Incontinence is out?!? I gotta get me that!

They were forced to release the full version after some of it leaked out.

Bad-Beat on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    At work one of my co workers complaining how oven like it is in the building at night said: I like working nights over the day it's easier for me.
    I wonder how as I have taken to sleeping with a towel wrapped around my head because of the sweat.

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    I told my boss I'm feeling too batty to come into work today.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Skeith wrote: »
    @timspork's ghost man I hope to hell you don't have to do major shifting in that library of yours. I've moved four rows of books so far; the shelves are ~4 feet wide, 10 tall, and a dozen to a row. To top it off there's no AC on that floor and no breeze in the section I'm on.

I shifted my entire Non Fiction section this year. Including moving the physical shelves on each row.

However I'm an old hand. I once shifted an entire public library branch's books by my self.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »

you should be a nurse, batty is encouraged.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    yay I don't have to go to europe over the 4th because the customer waited too long to make a decision and didn't want to pay for really expensive last minute plane tickets

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Oh no, no internet at work. This is doubly horrible as all I'm doing is cutting simulations with lots of waiting for the computer to finish.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »

you should be a nurse, batty is encouraged.

I'm convinced ER nurses are intentionally driven insane as part of their training.

They are sincerely my most favorite people in the world.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will be sure to ask them when I see them come into work

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man I have to go back to Florida this weekend and I'm gonna miss Canada day on Wed!

I'd much rather go back to Boston I think, Florida was way to hot for me...

This discussion has been closed.