As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I work with history's greatest monster in the [job] thread.

1939495969799»

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    No, Mr. Metro Bus Driver, I will wait a few minutes for the next bus because this one is packed like a can of sardines. I don't really need to get to my 6am shift at 5:30 instead of 5:45, I'm sure my boss will be okay with it since I work for the next eight fucking days.

God willing, we can get out of our monster backlog from the systems merger by Wednesday so I can actually have one of my scheduled days off.

• ZibblsnrtZibblsnrt Registered User regular
    Dis' wrote: »
    I haven't been assigned a desk in the new department yet, and all the other survivors of my old department closing are off this week.

So I'm all alone in an empty open plan office with about 30 desks.

Everything is silent.

This is weird.

There's been a bit of an exodus where I work; a mix of some medium-term contracts expiring, people leaving for positions elsewhere, and a few internal promotions shuffling people across the office. My desk used to have five people either immediately adjacent or at least in line-of-sight; after today it'll be one. It's kinda weird.

(On the one hand, it's shifted the office traffic flow so "right behind my chair" is no longer a meeting location..)

• Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Okay getting to answer the phones is proving a little satisfying:

No Mr Client, [Manager] isn't here any more. No, we can't give a 50% discount on [Service] with no actual billable time till 2016, you and your ilks demands for such have driven us out business. No, I don't know what you're going to do in 2016. Yes I do know the lack of [Service] could potentially cause £millions in errors, maybe you should have thought about this situation sooner.

tynicLalaboxFishmanASimPersonYukiraToxInfidelDisruptedCapitalistSkeithSlacker71Nitsua
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    wooo came in at 6:45 for a deliver due at 7

which was never sent over by the client so there is no 7am deliver now

at least there is something due at 730 so it isn't a total waste

2x39jD4.jpg
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Got a senior accountant position at Trident Seafoods. Going to be doing some cost, and some regular financial/corp accounting. The team there seems nice and the environment appears to be not very stressful. It's a bit of a commute for now, but we may be moving to accommodate that. It's a lateral move, salary-wise, but I am able to start right after my current job is wrapping up in a couple weeks so I'll be able to have no gap in paychecks and then I can use my full severance and vacation payout for paying off debt and stuff.

accountant bro-fist

Hey, guess what isn't working for almost all of the people in my department?

A. Scanners
    B. Validation Programs
    C. Verification Programs
    D. Quality Control Database
    E. All of the above

YukiraErin The RedMadEddyZibblsnrtSkeithSlacker71Nitsua
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Nothing like getting in early to stand around an wait.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    Erin The Red
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Today needs a do-over already.

• jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I just had a customer reference "the vast right wing conspiracy" in an allegation about their refrigerator.

The secretary is talking about how excited she is to have purchased her first handgun for "self defense."

I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days.

webguy20
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Just got out of my third support call where someone was reporting computer problems only for the problem to be resolved as soon as I walked into the room.
    Am I the chosen one?

DarkPrimusTox
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »

I'm ready to do over the last few months.

steam_sig.png
    Peccavi wrote: »

I'm ready to do over the last few months.

Give me the last thirty years, kthxbye.

TheStigBrainleechkaortiDonovan PuppyfuckerLabel
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Just got out of my third support call where someone was reporting computer problems only for the problem to be resolved as soon as I walked into the room.
    Am I the chosen one?

And lo, did he travel from cube to office, and upon his arrival, all signs of bugs and glitches did cease. And the public asked of him, "How the hell did you do that?"

To which he did shrug, and resumed his travels.

Erin The Redwebguy20Desert Leviathandestroyah87ToxSorceDonovan Puppyfuckerlonelyahava
This discussion has been closed.