As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Agents of SHIELD] Old thread abandoned due to Hydra infiltration.

jdarksunjdarksun StrugglerVARegistered User regular
edited December 2015 in Debate and/or Discourse
Agents_of_SHIELD_logo.jpg

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD began as a paint-by-numbers NCIS-style show with a focus on the covert agency's attempt at keeping the world safe. Things went sideways when Hydra was revealed in Winter Soldier. Nothing's been the same since. SHIELD has been dismantled by the government and labeled a terrorist organization. Fury has tasked Coulson with reforming SHIELD from the ground up. Oh yeah, he was resurrected and might be going crazy.

250?cb=20150415082040

Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg): Murdered by Loki and resurrected by the THAITI project (Aliens Guy: "Aliens"). He's the new director, appointed by Nick Fury himself. Don't fuck with his team or he will end you, politely. Now with cyborg hand!

188px-May_Season_2_Promo.png

Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen): SHIELD elite veteran who says little and packs a big punch. Nicknamed The Cavalry when she rescued an entire SHIELD team from a powered individual. Took a vacation after the nastiness at Afterlife. Currently on vacation, it is unknown if she will return.

landscape_xlarge.jpg

Daisy Johnson (aka Skye) (Chloe Bennet): She's grown up from season 1, no longer the naive hacker living in a van but a competent SHIELD agent... and Inhuman. Evolved into a living weapon after exposure to Terrigen Mist, Daisy has the ability to project vibrations powerful enough to stop bullets - and level mountains. Probably the most badass person in the room. Bears the name and powers of Quake from the comics.

landscape_xlarge.jpg

Fitz (Iain De Caestecker): Technological genius who suffered brain damage when Ward attempted to kill him and Simmons by dropping them in a sealed crate into the middle of the ocean. Mostly recovered with the help of Mack and a shitload of therapy. Loves prosciutto and mozzarella sandwiches with pesto aioli. Also Jemma Simmons.

Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge): Genius biologist who originally wasn't very good at lying, but got a lot better at it after she infiltrated both Hydra and "Real"SHIELD. Swallowed by the obelisk; whereabouts unknown.

450px-Shadows_154.png

Grant Ward (Brett Dalton): A spy sent by Hydra to infiltrate SHIELD. Captured, escaped, captured again, escaped again. Kidnapped Bobbi and tortured her at length in order to rehabilitate the damaged Agent 33. Left to rebuild Hydra after Hunter tricked him into killing her.

1b3216059e6b2a404b0b8f4c5f2a02fa.jpg
Lance Hunter (Nick Blood): British once-merc with a shady past, womanizer and hasn't gotten over his ex, Bobbi Morse. He's kind of a dick, but in that sort of awesome way. Now a SHIELD agent with a serious grudge against Ward.

Bobbie-Morse-300x300.png

Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki): An elite SHIELD operative skilled in deception and combat. Worked undercover at Hydra. Abducted and tortured by Ward; currently in recovery. Bears the name, physical similarity, and fighting style of Mockingbird from the comics.

AoS%2B-%2BMac.PNG

Al "Mac" MacKenzie (Henry Simmons): Big, burly, stern-faced... and as smart with technology as he is emotionally intelligent. Enjoys lightly taunting Hunter about his ex and helping to rehabilitate everyone who needs it. Which is everyone. Fond of axes.

200?cb=20140531025908

Billy Koenig, Level 6 S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and one of the few men trusted by Nick Fury to guard secret SHIELD bases. Billy was stationed at The Playground, an old SSR base presumably in Europe. Billy likes to play Call of Duty during down time.

300?cb=20140728221025

Sam Koenig, Level 6 S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and one of the few men trusted by Nick Fury to guard secret SHIELD bases. Sam was a bit more of a field agent than his other brothers, helping Coulson to rescue Raina from Hydra operatives. When Coulson took the team into the Kree city beneath San Juan, Puerto Rico, Coulson told Sam to head to The Playground and active Theta Protocol if things went poorly.

SHIELD Memorial Wall
250?cb=20140728025712

Eric Koenig, Level 6 S.H.I.E.L.D. agent and one of the few men trusted by Nick Fury to guard secret SHIELD bases. Eric was stationed at Providence, a facility hidden in Canada. Fond of lanyards. Murdered by Ward during Ward's attempt to kidnap Skye for Hydra.

1de0ca4bb83e51a106707e15ca92ab84.jpg

Antoine Triplett (BJ Britt): SHIELD agent and grandson of a Howling Commando. Killed trying to save Daisy during her exposure to Terrigen Mist.

300?cb=20150425104200

Raina (aka Quillsandra), previously known as the Girl in the Flower Dress. An Inhuman like DaisySkye, Raina's powers include moving really fast and collecting rings. Killed by Jiaying (Daisy's mother) while attempting to warn the Inhumans of Afterlife of Jiaying's intended betrayal.

portrait_uncanny.jpg

Robert Gonzales (Edward James Olmos), the face of "Real SHIELD", an unauthorized SHIELD offshoot operating without Nick Fury's knowledge or blessing. Opposed Coulson's SHIELD for a brief time. Killed by Jiaying to incite conflict between SHIELD and the Inhumans of Afterlife.

PLEASE NOTE, REGARDING SPOILERS - Tag anything that applies to episodes less than a week old, and obviously tag anything from upcoming episodes.

jdarksun on

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    OP mostly stolen from @Harry Dresden. The old thread got locked (hit 101 pages), so we needed a new one.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Triplett... :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    You got Hunter and Bobbi mixed up.

Unless Adrianne Palicki is actually that damn good an actress...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Wow, Bobbi needs a shave.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    OP is missing

agentsofshieldoswalt-62307.jpg

Unacceptable.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Also, Bobbi is the TV version of an actual Avenger:

04.jpg

Phillishere on
  • Options
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    That the OP includes entries for each Koenig warms my heart.

Entries for further Koenigs will, of course, be handled on a case by case basis.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Question: why is the SSR base "presumably" in Europe?

I may have missed something, but I don't recall anything specific leading to that conclusion.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

I may have missed something, but I don't recall anything specific leading to that conclusion.
    Because Providence was "Nick Fury's base on North American soil" (as said by Gen. Talbot). It's possible that Talbot was misinformed and that was just one of Fury's secret bases, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    In a few seasons the OP will be fifty percent Koenigs by volume.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    That the OP includes entries for each Koenig warms my heart.

Entries for further Koenigs will, of course, be handled on a case by case basis.

Each will be assigned a Lanyard.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »

Because Providence was "Nick Fury's base on North American soil" (as said by Gen. Talbot). It's possible that Talbot was misinformed and that was just one of Fury's secret bases, but I figured I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.

It's usually better to give Fury the benefit of the "I bet he has another secret."

But for the TV show purposes, probably safe to assume that Koenig was from elsewhere. Maybe South America (and we'll meet the European one soon?)

Bobble on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

But for the TV show purposes, probably safe to assume that Koenig was from elsewhere. Maybe South America (and we'll meet the European one soon?)

He'll be distinguishable by his beret and his debonair mustachios.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    OP wrote:
    Robert Gonzales (Edward James Olmos), the face of "Real SHIELD", an unauthorized SHIELD offshoot operating without Nick Fury's knowledge or blessing.

We have no idea what Fury does or doesn't know about them.
    Coulson knows about something that they're hiding inside their aircraft carrier - and it probably has something to do with their fear and hatred of powered people.

Where are you getting this?

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    This wrote: »
    OP wrote:
    Robert Gonzales (Edward James Olmos), the face of "Real SHIELD", an unauthorized SHIELD offshoot operating without Nick Fury's knowledge or blessing.

We have no idea what Fury does or doesn't know about them.
    Coulson knows about something that they're hiding inside their aircraft carrier - and it probably has something to do with their fear and hatred of powered people.

Where are you getting this?

The second part at least is confirmed in one of the promo clips for tonight.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Only because we're going to start leaving out the dead ones.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    New episode
    This is probably not going to turn out well for Simmons

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Oh god, that Sonic the Hedgehog joke. I'm dying.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Ward finally got an alias!

• Options
    NO!
    Not the Bar Bus!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Holy shit! Someone watched Daredevil!
    Edit: Obviously not as long or brutal, but that single take action shot...

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Holy crap!
    That Skye shoot out scene

Cururu on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Holy crap!
    That long single-take shot of Skye taking out a room full of hydra agents like a badass was pretty great. No stunt double swaps as far as I could see.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Also
    I'm having a bad feeling about Simmons' survivability this episode

Edit: Oh good, that ended better than I expected. Although that was a nasty burn by Ward.

Cururu on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Cururu wrote: »
    Holy crap!
    That Skye shoot out scene
    SOMEBODY watched John Wick.

• Options
    CobellCobell Registered User regular
    It is going to be a rough wait when this season ends. This season has just been so good.

• Options
    And Gonzalez slowly comes to the realization that he is not in charge

• Options
    DropbearDropbear Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

One can only hope

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Cururu wrote: »
    And Gonzalez slowly comes to the realization that he is not in charge

Coulson: "spoiler alert"

Tamin on
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    I. Loved. That Episode.

This show is so damn good.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    DAT fight scene!!

• Options
    With The Bus now kaput, they better get a hellicarrier at the end of the season.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Holy crap! Stereo holy craps!
    Yeah, that was arguably the best fight sequence in the series, save maybe for May vs. May and TABLE! Not sure if that or the Sonic joke was my favorite part of the episode.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Jesus Fucking Christ. What a fantastic episode. Too much awesome to comment on.
    I literally squealed when Skye finally showed up on the Bus.

I'm still glad I shot you.
    Should've aimed for the head

Bobble on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Sorry to add to the echo here, but holy shit you guys! Holy shit!

So many good lines, that one sequence that's already been spoilered like four times, they continue to step up their game.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Anybody have a link to the AoU promo / "Next time on Agents of SHIELD"? My DVR flaked out on me.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ward's character

oh man

que loco

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    The entire episode was awesome. No BS filler, just the perfect blend of action and character moments.

This discussion has been closed.