As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Old thread abandoned due to Hydra infiltration.

• SuneaterSuneater Registered User regular
    Haha that sick burn by Skye on raina

3DS FC# 3480-2551-0694
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Watch Skye kick ass again and again and again (until ABC takes it down)

nusu on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Suneater wrote: »
    Haha that sick burn by Skye on raina

i yelled OH SNAP alone in my apartment like an idiot

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Great episode again, can't believe we're so close to the season finale.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I hope they give Skye better gloves/gauntlets/whatever than what she had on tonight, because in the close-ups they looked hilarious to me.

Fingerless gloves with rivets attached.

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I hope they give Skye better gloves/gauntlets/whatever than what she had on tonight, because in the close-ups they looked hilarious to me.

Fingerless gloves with rivets attached.

They were all wearing fingerless gloves. In the arctic. I dunno.

Did anybody catch that bit of ... Russian? that was spoken in the middle?

• ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Holy crap!

That fight/sick burn/other sick burn/character beat/zinger/other other sick burn!

Whole episode was Oh Damn made incarnate. I also loved the setup for AoU.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    That episode was amazing

but Adama has officially worn out his welcome and I wonder how long before Coulson has to put him down

override367 on
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I wonder if Skye has been unconsciously using her powers to sense people. Since she can sense vibrations, she pretty much has Daredevil's powers, except for the enhanced smell.

• DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    People, that episode was really good.
    Something that threw me, though: I was expecting Ward and/or Bakshi to spring some secret betrayal at some point, but, no, Ward's only secret goal was getting help for 33 and Bakshi was nothing more than the suicidally subservient thrall he appeared to me. So, on the one hand, that (and not killing Simmons) gives me some hope for Ward, but on the other hand holy shit that is fucking horrifying what the fuck.

I guess what I'm saying is they've got some good ambiguity going on. I think Ward is this show's Spike and I can't believe I'm just realizing that now.

Diplominator on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with 33; what's Ward's game here?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I really liked that episode.

Skye is the best.

Also, "Shouldn't have eaten that Hot Pocket earlier."

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Handgimp wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop with 33; what's Ward's game here?

33 will become
    taskmaster-earth.png
    Because it's a whole new MCU, and no one would have expected it.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    edited April 2015
    I really love a continuation of Ward being utterly incapable of understanding why these people hate him so much

override367 on
  • Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Me too. It show off how psychopathic he really is. Superficially charming while at the same time completely unable to understand deeper connections.

Also the director for this episode was the same guy that directed the Kick-ass 33/May fight earlier in the season,Kevin Tancharoen. Marrisa Tancharoen's brother. Hooray for Nepotism I guess.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular

in episode sixteen Coulson and British man are in a cabin in the woods. Coulson mentions the cabin was meant to withstand a hulk size threat? Is this the same cabin Bruce is in meditating at the end of Hulk? If so that's a crazy throwback to a seven year old movie.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    I'm not looking at this thread. To prevent myself from reading spoilers. I just need an answer.

Watching latest episode. Coulson said,
    Fury is still alive, and then he said, "Spoiler alert."

Did he actually spoil parts of Age of Ultron for me?

Then he started talking to Maria Hill, and I paused the episode before they could spoil anything else.

Can I keep watching without getting more spoilers?

did you not watch season 1? him being in contact with either of them is not a spoiler

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Kipling217 wrote: »
    Me too. It show off how psychopathic he really is. Superficially charming while at the same time completely unable to understand deeper connections.

Also the director for this episode was the same guy that directed the Kick-ass 33/May fight earlier in the season,Kevin Tancharoen. Marrisa Tancharoen's brother. Hooray for Nepotism I guess.
    He's also the guy that's behind the MK reboot series, plus other stuff, so it's not really nepotism.

sig.gif
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2015
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I'm not looking at this thread. To prevent myself from reading spoilers. I just need an answer.

Watching latest episode. Coulson said,
    Fury is still alive, and then he said, "Spoiler alert."

Did he actually spoil parts of Age of Ultron for me?

Then he started talking to Maria Hill, and I paused the episode before they could spoil anything else.

Can I keep watching without getting more spoilers?
    It wasn't a real-world spoiler (to my knowledge), just Coulson letting Gonzales know about his trump card.

jdarksun on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2015
    did you not watch season 1? him being in contact with either of them is not a spoiler

Or Captain America: The Winter Soldier for that matter.

Like, even a movie-only watcher would know Fury is still out there.

Shit, he's been in the trailers for Avengers 2.

The spoiler alert was for the sake of Gonzalez, and for a laugh

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Good ep, but I have to admit that I'm a little bummed that this whole arc was pretty much just a ruse for Coulson to gather intel to pass on to the Avengers.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I keep imagining that Coulson is River Song: Spoilers!

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Good ep, but I have to admit that I'm a little bummed that this whole arc was pretty much just a ruse for Coulson to gather intel to pass on to the Avengers.

I kind of figured the whole time that Coulson would be the one to sic the Avengers on Strucker, so it didn't bother me terribly. I thought Raina's vision at the end was a little overly ham-fisted, though. "I... I foresee the thrilling events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, in theaters this Friday!"

Although the more I think about it, the more it approaches super-shameless radio drama territory and becomes kind of awesome.

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    I would simply like to chime in and echo everyone statements that: THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!!!

I would have watched that Skye fight scene 4 times over if my wife wasn't rolling her eyes at me. Good thing I kept the PVR to do that later!

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    That was a damn fine episode of television.

This show has gone from an enjoyable romp through the MCU in a procedural spy show to the most amazing of dramatic television and I love it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Sprout wrote: »

I kind of figured the whole time that Coulson would be the one to sic the Avengers on Strucker, so it didn't bother me terribly. I thought Raina's vision at the end was a little overly ham-fisted, though. "I... I foresee the thrilling events of Avengers: Age of Ultron, in theaters this Friday!"

Although the more I think about it, the more it approaches super-shameless radio drama territory and becomes kind of awesome.

I almost would have preferred that they use the AoU clip as her prophecy.

Tamin on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    It's entirely possible this wasn't the first time they'd been used, but this was the first time I'd noticed the call signs for the planes. Shield-616 and Shield-218.
    Sooo, I shouldn't read into anything that 616 was destroyed, right? Right. I haven't read comics but I did recognize 616 as one of the important Realities in the Marvelverse.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ask again in a few months when Secret Wars is over. 616 may not exist any longer. (And yes, 616 is the primary universe)

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular

That's kind of the whole point to the show, IMO: Throw the audience to the movies, bring them back, and continue to be awesome.

• KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Hmm. (Whedon tweet within)

A bit of a walk back after saying he didn't consider AoS movie-canon? Was he just screwing with everyone? Who knows.

Kamar on
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    are those lines from the show? I honestly can't remember Coulson ever saying it (and there's no spot where it fits)

he said something similar to Sif, but...

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Kamar wrote: »
    Hmm. (Whedon tweet within)

A bit of a walk back after saying he didn't consider AoS movie-canon? Was he just screwing with everyone? Who knows.

edit, lemme rephrase. I don't see this as a walkback at all. This is just another way to say what I read from Joss's initial quotes on the matter.

Bobble on
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular

Well, the aftermath of AoU could tie into the rest of the season (but from the previews it doesn't look like it).

However, it does look like

preview spoilers:
    Afterlife doesn't stay a safe haven for the Inhumans, and we get to learn what's on the boat. Both of which have me excited.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Lincoln = adorable puppy.
    Skye = John Wick.

• ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    I kinda feel like if I had an earthquake superpower, I wouldn't mess around punching people, I would just be quaking shit all the time.

Deal with goons - QUAKE
    Frisbee stuck in tree - QUAKE
    Put out the bins - QUAKE
    Kinda constipated - QUAKE

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    ameybes wrote: »
    I kinda feel like if I had an earthquake superpower, I wouldn't mess around punching people, I would just be quaking shit all the time.
    Are you kidding? Being John Fucking Wick is a goddamn superpower.

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Can somebody give me a timeline in Bakshi's whereabouts? Every time he shows up, it's a complete surprise to me. I thought he was dead, he shows up. I swear he was in custody, he shows up. I would be the worst spy, I cannot keep track of this lone asshole.
    I think my problem has been solved.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2015

That was the one part of the episode that just did not work for me at all. It was maybe, what, thirty seconds in real life but it felt excruciatingly long because I felt kind of embarrassed for the actress.

I agree with whoever asked why they couldn't just use an actual AoU clip. I mean, they had a perfect in-story reason to go there.

Everything else was great, though.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Tomanta wrote: »

Well, the aftermath of AoU could tie into the rest of the season (but from the previews it doesn't look like it).

However, it does look like

preview spoilers:
    Afterlife doesn't stay a safe haven for the Inhumans, and we get to learn what's on the boat. Both of which have me excited.

It kinda sorta looks like they go from AoU cleanup straight into the early stages of setting up Civil War ("omg the powereds are so bad, go get them before they do something horrible"-everyone on boat shield)

nusu on
This discussion has been closed.