Options

The [Wrestling] thread wants you to watch NXT tonight for free on the Network

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If you want good older RoH shows some good places to start are Round Robin Challenge, The Epic Encounter, Main Event Spectacles, and Throwdown

Throwdown is kind of a biased pick because I saw that show live. Bryan Danielson vs. Jimmy Jacobs vs. BJ Whitmer is a phenomenal match. Plus the main event is KENTA vs. Roderick Strong and that's awesome. I remember thinking I had to go to this show since it was close and I wanted to see KENTA live and figured there wouldn't be a good chance of that. Now he's wrestling in the US full time and wrestled on Wrestlemania. I did not see that coming.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I've only been to one RoH show because they so rarely come out to California, but it featured the second ever Kings of Wrestling vs World's Greatest Tag Team match which was great, and also Roderick Strong was RoH champion which in hindsight explains a lot of my Roddy Strong love.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    the only non-wwe/wwf show I've been to was a wcw show in like, 1999 or 2000

there were like 500 people there and it was awful and I'm wish I could remember which relative gave me tickets to that so I can never speak to them again

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Davey Richards gets a lot of shit for good reasons. Michael Elgin gets a lot of shit for no good reason. That said their match at Showdown in the Sun Night 2 is one of the best matches I've ever seen.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I went to two WCW shows as a small child. Both non-televised I believe. All I remember from one is Sting pulling Rick Rude back to him by his tights, and his ass hanging out. They did this spot over and over, and the crowd loved it.

The other I was at ringside for a Sting/Luger vs Sid/? match. My little sister and I wearing Sting shirts, holding up a huge (to us) Luger cloth/poster thing. We started crying like mad when Sid started beating Sting up by the metal barricade right next to us. My grandmother claimed that Sting spotted us completely losing it and started his comeback, got Sid back into the ring and wrapped up the match.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Also not everything in current ROH is terrible.

But you can see him do the same cool moves elsewhere without supporting the cesspool that is RoH!

https://youtu.be/MP0bTNAcFXM?t=7m24s

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    I love Chikara but it is the goofiest bullshit of the goofy bullshit so it may be the opposite of what bale wants.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Yeah I have watched some random chikara stuff that has been posted in past threads and it has not really done much for me.

@Nirya what about these PWG Best of Compilations? If I was going to buy one of those to try which would you reccomend?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I'm about to pull the trigger on NXT tickets for the Albany show. I'm about as excited as I was when I got tickets for Wrestlemania.

• Options
    I love Chikara but it is the goofiest bullshit of the goofy bullshit so it may be the opposite of what bale wants.

listen, there are plenty of people making actual good suggestions

i just want to rave about how much i love Smooth Sailing Ashley Remington

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    So remember the gesture WWE trademarked so the Young Bucks couldn't use it? To obtain it, they had to use it themselves, so presenting a shirt made in 5 minutes on MS Paint that nobody will buy: x3AmCEV.jpg

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    must be using a different version of mspaint than I have, I guess

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    by 'nobody' you do mean 'every single attitude era mark', right

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Bale, I watch current ROH every week via their 1 hour program which you may or may not have but I enjoy that well enough. However I don't think it's good enough to buy their shows on home video or VOD format but that's just personal preference and the fact money is really tight for me right now.

If you're really interested in older ROH shows this link

highspots.com/c/c-dvd.html

has some 5 dollar DVDs and super cheap shipping. Back to current ROH a sec, do you like Christopher Daniels, Kazarian, Chris Sabin, and Jay Lethal? All those guys are involved in top angles and matches right now in the company.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Also, the Bucks can still use that gesture, they just can't sell t-shirts with it.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

listen, there are plenty of people making actual good suggestions

i just want to rave about how much i love Smooth Sailing Ashley Remington

Stop watching Ashley Remington matches and go fix the roof!

• Options
    So I think WWE will announce updated Network sub numbers today?

• Options
    And I got my answer
    From inception to 3/31/15, WWE Network had attracted nearly 1.8M unique subscribers w/ 74% of subscribers active as of that date"- George Barrios. They aren't going to update subscriber numbers on this call.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    they fucked up by not having the back say too sweet at all

get better shirt designers wwe

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    So apparently WWE just announced it had recorded its highest quarterly revenue in its history.

Seth Rollins = MILLIONS OF DOLLARS

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
  • Options
    I do wonder though if them not announcing the Network numbers meant they took a big dip after Mania.

But then again this month wouldn't be a super accurate time to do that with the free period.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They probably made so much money in Santa Clara, its not even funny.

I don't know how long it will take but they're definitely coming back here for another.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    WWE generated $176.2 million in revenue for the first quarter of 2015 and $9.8 million in net profits, the former being the largest in company history.

The company also announced the free April promotion for new subscribers would continue through May.

With the advent of the WWE Network and increased TV rights fees, total revenue is a lock to be the highest ever, but profitability was above most expectations.

Last year during the same period the revenue was $125.6 million and the company lost $8 million. Two key differences are WrestleMania was the second quarter last year instead of the first, and WWE video game sales are way up.

Also, as far as revenue went, there were more episodes of Total Divas in the quarter.

House show attendance, which Vince McMahon still looks at as one of the key barometers of how well things are connecting, was up four percent in North America, factoring out WrestleMania.

WWE stock declined to $13.71 per share at this moment after the news was released.

There was not much in the Q&A with the highlight being that Vince McMahon said the company is looking at possibly tiering network prices, such as the idea that WrestleMania month or SummerSlam month could be higher. He said they are looking at all this and they ar a very reflexive company, but right now the plan is to stay as is.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    We've made more money than we ever have before.

*stock prices go down*

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    We've made more money than we ever have before.

*stock prices go down*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd_zs8AwoTQ

• Options
    Hasn't basically every major stock market person voted no confidence on Vince running WWE? I could see that affecting them forever.

• Options
    we've all voted no confidence in Nirya multiple times but he's still in charge too.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    put some stank on that booker

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Also, the Bucks can still use that gesture, they just can't sell t-shirts with it.

I guess I'll have to buy one of those "Two Sweet Me" shirts from barber's shop window now, since the odds of anything better coming along are pretty slim.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    just saying, seems like Pick 'Ems Champion Dex Dynamo was what was best for business all along!

• Options
    you can't see it but i'm tugging on imaginary suspenders

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    lol making network prices higher during key PPV months is really going to go over well, sure, try it!

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    I want New Day/Kiddsaro to be a third of Raw or half of Smackdown next week

• Options

You don't have to put up a front Dex.

We know you're the kind of guy who is wearing real suspenders right now.

• Options

He's absolutely not.

Because that would require pants.

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I dunno about the rest of you, but I'm really enjoying Total Kale

• Options

He's absolutely not.

you think that, but the truth will surprise you

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

He's absolutely not.

you think that, but the truth will surprise you

He's wearing pants, it's just that in homage to Rick Rude they're painted to look like he's nude from the waist down.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
This discussion has been closed.