Options

The [Wrestling] thread wants you to watch NXT tonight for free on the Network

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I love Enzo/Cass/and Hot as Hella so much. But they'd totally have Cass eventually betray Enzo on the main roster.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Also the only time Pick Ems champion Dex Dynamo is going to be best for business, is when he's dropping the belt to Mr. Money in the Bank Dyvim Tvar.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I haven't had a chance to go through the last thread, how did the king of the ring turn out and can I see it in its entirety on the network?

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Wait, NXT is coming to Pittsburgh?

...they're already sold out for presale? The hell?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Also I can't believe a hundred plus pages went by in the last thread without anybody calling out Wirehead for stealing the Cewsh reviews intro line for hatewatch.

I'm kidding, I can believe that because who the fuck reads cewsh reviews anymore?

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    lol making network prices higher during key PPV months is really going to go over well, sure, try it!

Prices are starting to get higher in general for sports, and I'm wondering if it's because of the absolutely ridiculous Mayweather/Pacquiao stuff

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The cute girl who sits behind me in my invertebrates lecture was wearing a Dean Ambrose hoodie today

Told her I was more of a Seth Rollins guy, which made her laugh

Cue schoolboy crushing

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Mortal Sky wrote: »
    The cute girl who sits behind me in my invertebrates lecture was wearing a Dean Ambrose hoodie today

Cue schoolboy rollup

1-2-3

I am the new champ.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I can say with confidence right now, and not in a petulant or angry way, that I will VERY likely cancel my network subscription if it goes over $9.99. Without the main shows available it is not worth the price point any higher. I think if the WWE thinks a general rise in sports costs means they could get away with increasing their costs and maintaining their customer base, they are sorely mistaken. But obviously nobody knows, maybe it'd work out great.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I sort of feel like an idiot for even paying them the 9.99 since they seem intent on giving it away for free every month.

• Options
    Also I'm aware this is a thing Vince mentioned and is not even close to being a reality. I'm not trying to draw ire about it in the thread, I just think its a strange thing for them to even consider.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm one of those suckers that pays the 9.99 for Wrestlemania and forgot to cancel it (as much of the direction of WWE doesn't interest me right now).

I don't mind too much because it's nice to have if I decide that the month's ppv looks good or I want to watch NXT, but higher than 10 bucks and I would cancel immediately.

• Options
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    It's the worst and I've played like 60 hours of it.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Does 2k15 have a story/career mode?

I have tried twice now to play a WWE game on the 360 and all there is is that Universe mode and then the mini-story modes with pre-existing characters (WM/NXT).

All I want is to make a dude and have him pin John Cena for the title at Wrestlemania.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Yeah I have watched some random chikara stuff that has been posted in past threads and it has not really done much for me.

@Nirya what about these PWG Best of Compilations? If I was going to buy one of those to try which would you reccomend?

The Best Ofs are usually all really solid matches, but the way PWG does them, you're usually not getting anything from the last 3 years or so on them. Of the three.....I'm not sure. Volume 2 has a pretty good mix of guys you wanted, while Volume 3 has a bunch of positives and one huge glaring negative (an RVD match).

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Does 2k15 have a story/career mode?

I have tried twice now to play a WWE game on the 360 and all there is is that Universe mode and then the mini-story modes with pre-existing characters (WM/NXT).

All I want is to make a dude and have him pin John Cena for the title at Wrestlemania.

Yeah, you go all the way from NXT to eventually headlining Wrestlemania.

You even get trained by former head coach Bill Demott!

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    we've all voted no confidence in Nirya multiple times but he's still in charge too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvOTaXIog6k

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    still salty about the lack of create-a-diva in 2K15

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

It stopped me from picking up the game. Well all the cuts to the created wrestler/entrance/etc...

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options

I'm really, REALLY hoping they recognize the backlash and fix a ton of the mistakes with the next version.

I'm not really optimistic it happens, though.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I thought about buying 2k15 but I bought smackdown vs raw 2009 for $4 instead

• Options
    @Mortal Sky did you get a ticket for nxt? You are 100% welcome to ride to philly with me

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Nirya wrote: »

I'm really, REALLY hoping they recognize the backlash and fix a ton of the mistakes with the next version.

I think a lot of the problems, the lack of create a diva being chief among them, weren't really things they wanted to have cut. It seems like they ran out of time to finish what they wanted to finish.

• Options

I feel like that's said every year.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

It's kind of 2K's thing though.

Like they did the same thing with NBA2K14 for PC just being a slightly upscaled PS3 version, while the PS4 version was barebones as heck.

I think 2K15 was better? The PC version at least had the PS4 graphics engine.

• Options
    Apparently they've said that 2k16 is going to have the biggest roster in the series, so I hope they put all of NXT in.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Kyougu wrote: »

It's kind of 2K's thing though.

Like they did the same thing with NBA2K14 for PC just being a slightly upscaled PS3 version, while the PS4 version was barebones as heck.

I think 2K15 was better? The PC version at least had the PS4 graphics engine.

It's mainly a Yuke's thing.

Next gen transitions are always rough.

But mainly I feel like people have had the same complaints about the game for years now. I really wish they got a new developer, just to see how they could shake it up.

• Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Apparently they've said that 2k16 is going to have the biggest roster in the series, so I hope they put all of NXT in.

So... Now With 17 Different Roster-Slot Versions of John Cena!!!

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Can they have the Wrestling isn't Wrestling version of John Cena?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bloodsheed wrote: »

So... Now With 17 Different Roster-Slot Versions of John Cena!!!

One for each shirt color

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    @Schide I would totally have gone to NXT in Pittsburgh with you!

if I wasn't moving to Michigan for my summer job tomorrow.

and tickets weren't sold out.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I went to two WCW shows as a small child. Both non-televised I believe. All I remember from one is Sting pulling Rick Rude back to him by his tights, and his ass hanging out. They did this spot over and over, and the crowd loved it.

The other I was at ringside for a Sting/Luger vs Sid/? match. My little sister and I wearing Sting shirts, holding up a huge (to us) Luger cloth/poster thing. We started crying like mad when Sid started beating Sting up by the metal barricade right next to us. My grandmother claimed that Sting spotted us completely losing it and started his comeback, got Sid back into the ring and wrapped up the match.

In a completely insane coincidence, look what my grandmother found while cleaning up today. I didn't mention this to her at all.

Shirts_zpswnh0un3k.jpg
    Sting%20Flair_zpsxnxjmso0.jpg
    I was mostly right. We've got a Sting/Flair match.

Sting%20Barricade_zpsd4zzfgsw.jpg

And there they are at the barricade, presumably making me cry.

Figure%204_zpsjrmgrmcq.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Luger%20Sid_zpsai0mgdb5.jpg

Luger%20Sid%202_zps7mfebozh.jpg

Or maybe these guys made us cry?

Freebirds_zpscujwqqcf.jpg

Michael "P.S." Hayes and Jimmy "Jam" Garvin! These are the Freebirds I remember.

AMERICA_zpscneaue1r.jpg

This is Texas, so of course these guys got cheered, I know they were some of the biggest babyfaces in WCW.

And finally...

Zubaz_zpslu3vcihy.jpg

I believe that is Barry Horowitz being beaten up by a hillbilly of some sort.

But who cares, I posted it to show off the awesome Zubaz on that guy.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    @Schide I would totally have gone to NXT in Pittsburgh with you!

if I wasn't moving to Michigan for my summer job tomorrow.

and tickets weren't sold out.

I'm hoping that more will go on sale tomorrow when the regular sale is supposed to begin, but I don't think that's how it actually works. But I guess we'll find out.

And have fun in Michigan. It's much flatter than around here. Drive's not too bad either.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Mortal Sky wrote: »

Cue schoolboy rollup

1-2-3

I am the new champ.

ugh who booked this

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    haha I'm not even from Iowa! I just live here because I'm in some sort of weird purgatory!

It could be worse. My weird purgatory is Kansas.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    haha I'm not even from Iowa! I just live here because I'm in some sort of weird purgatory!

I believe the OP clearly lays out that Kansas > Iowa, even if the distinction between the two is largely pointless.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

I believe the OP clearly lays out that Kansas > Iowa, even if the distinction between the two is largely pointless.

I suppose. Wichita has nice restaurants, at least.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would rather be in iowa than kansas

at least iowa borders some places that are interesting

Kilroy on
This discussion has been closed.