Options

The [Wrestling] thread wants you to watch NXT tonight for free on the Network

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    This is almost as good as it being Bayley...

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Watching NXT this week and nope still hate Dana Brooke

do you hate her because she is an effective heel, or do you hate her and want her to go away forever?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    To be fair I've taught some eleven year olds tall enough to pass as adults. Farm towns occasionally grow giants out here.

Dan Ryckert's streaming a Hoodslam show from ringside!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »

do you hate her because she is an effective heel, or do you hate her and want her to go away forever?
    The second one

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    lol making network prices higher during key PPV months is really going to go over well, sure, try it!

$6/mo on non-PPV months, $12/mo for "normal" PPV months, and $18/mo for WM and SS.

Of course then they'll just go to 12 PPVs, one every month...

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Go to 12? They've had 12 PPVs or more a year since 1999. In 2006 they ran 16 PPVs.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Turns out my friend got ROH/NJPW tickets as a gift and his girlfriend either can't or doesn't want to see Okada and Nakamura.

Which means I get to see Okada and Nakamura!

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    I know what you're thinking: I must be disappointed that I don't get to see Okada and Nakamura.

But I get to eat fast food that night so really everyone wins.

#ChickenFriesAreBack

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I know what you're thinking: I must be disappointed that I don't get to see Okada and Nakamura.

But I get to eat fast food that night so really everyone wins.

#ChickenFriesAreBack

Picturing Dex doing the rainmaker pose as chicken fries fall from the ceiling of an arena...

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

The second one

I'm going to have to become her #1 fan

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Ok, I haven't been watching NXT for a few weeks so this is the first I've seen Dana Brooke and I'm sure EVERYone has made this joke already but I don't give a fuck.

Her outfit makes me want to call her Natty Lite.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Ok, I haven't been watching NXT for a few weeks so this is the first I've seen Dana Brooke and I'm sure EVERYone has made this joke already but I don't give a fuck.

I have not yet heard that joke so thank you so very much.

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    To be fair I've taught some eleven year olds tall enough to pass as adults. Farm towns occasionally grow giants out here.

Dan Ryckert's streaming a Hoodslam show from ringside!

I was 5'10 and some change by the end of sixth grade

I have barely grown in height since, but at least my connective tissue and muscle have caught up so I've got something resembling flexibility

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    New Roppongi Vice shirt, it's pretty much my favourite thing in the whole world, not even going to front.
    rockyromero1008.png

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular

I have not yet heard that joke so thank you so very much.

You don't say.

LM2MSEH.jpg

ztJcnaS.jpg?1

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular

That's not so much a joke as it is a statement.

She's a decent heel, that spin kick move is awesome, she even has a decent, non-roll-up power finisher. Give her maybe more than two matches to define herself.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    (the joke is that Natty Light is a brand of beer)

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Who is ready to Bolieve?

CkhgJtq.jpg?1

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Nirya to buy a record amount of Bo Dallas toys just to put that T-Shirt on every single action figure he owns.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    (the joke is that Natty Light is a brand of canned water)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    They could also go with the story of her being an illegal clone using Natty and Beth Phoenix's DNA

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I was all excited to see Wade Barrett at the House Show tonight but hes on the other the other tour now

First DBry now Barrett what are you doing to me.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Nirya to buy a record amount of Bo Dallas toys just to put that T-Shirt on every single action figure he owns.

Actually they'd be the only action figures I would own.

I'd buy a bunch just so I have gifts for people set through the next decade.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    This would of been great :( well at least neat.

• Options
    Have a LuFisto Tough Enough video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-FMzSy2Nxc

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    So on the 12 hour car journey to the location of my summer job yesterday, I saw a license plate that said "K9 LUVER".

You know what I didn't see?

Any license plates pertaining to cats.

The debate is over, dogs are superior.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    This would of been great :( well at least neat.

As long as it didn't end up like WWE Betrayal.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    So on the 12 hour car journey to the location of my summer job yesterday, I saw a license plate that said "K9 LUVER".

cat lovers are far too intelligent and classy to waste money on vanity plates

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

photo of kilroy's license plate

http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wwe-4eva-ohio-license-plate.jpeg

• Options
    I'm not from ohio

that is some motherfucking slander

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

photo of kilroy's license plate

http://gamedayrcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/wwe-4eva-ohio-license-plate.jpeg
    Is this that fucker from the Hulu commercials

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    figaH7x.png

That's right! The let's watch that watches back is back! New Japan just had a show with 2,460 in attendance at the Grandmesse Kumamoto in Kumamoto. Tonight's match involves a team of younglings taking on IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions Roppoingi Vice and one of the promotion's bookers, so you know it's going to be a real back and forth even competition.

Jay White, Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka VS Gedo RPG VICE (Beretta and Rocky Romero)

I don't know what the Japanese characters for “jobber entrance” are but I know they look like three guys in black trunks sprinting to the ring a moment after the intro video. The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions make their way to the ring with Gedo setting a laid back pace. Huge pop for Gedo removing the dew rag. Side note: the Roppongi Vice theme is already this year's summer jam. The young lions argue but Sho Tanaka successfully convinces his team he should go first through a language made up entirely of light shoves and chest thumping. The crowd chants for Beretta in an attempt to win Dyvim's favor. Even Trent looks confused by his new popularity.

Lockup, Berretta gets a go behind, Tanaka reverses into an arm wringer and Berretta rolls out and sweeps the leg. Berretta locks on a side headlock and gets shoved out before hitting a shoulder block on Tanaka. Berretta stops for some applause and gives a nod like he's testing this newbie on his basic wrestling flashcards. Dropdown and leapfrog leads into an arm drag from Tanaka. Huge dropkick! He's a tornado of nonspecific offense! Trent worriedly asks Romero “what came out of my face?” before making the tag.

Rocky gets a go-behind and again Tanaka wrings out the arm. Romero has a lot less technically proficient answer for this spot: club the little fucker in the back until he gives the fuck up. Romero yells something that sounds like it would come out of Waluigi as he runs off the ropes into a shoulder block. Romero runs to the corner on his knees like a little kid to be consoled by Gedo. In comes Komatsu.

In the tradition of many mentor figures in pro wrestling Gedo jabs him in the eyes then punches him into the corner. Komatsu vaults back from the turnbuckle off an irish whip and hits a shoulder block! Now some punches staggering Gedo into the ropes! Twisting forearm smash! That's the least generic offense out of this team yet! Gedo goes to the corner on his knees and both RPG Vice guys just sort of step away shrugging.

Gedo starts asking “why!?!?” to which Trent answers “You're the leader!” and Romero starts a “Ge-do” chant. Brilliant. Gedo backs into the wrong corner ready for a fight and RPG Vice jump Komatsu from behind before clearing the apron of his teammates. Again Rocky Romero laughs like he just knocked out Little Mac. Gedo drags his forearm across Komatsu's eyes for a four count then tags in Rocky Romero who gives a polite formal bow to Gedo before putting the boots to Komatsu. Tag to Beretta. PK/Standing moonsault combo! 1. 2. Kickout! The crowd gives RPG Vice some applause for their athleticism and Komatsu some applause for not jobbing on the first pinfall. Trent gives Komatsu some boots to the head.

Komatsu gets worked into the heel corner and Gedo gets tagged in. Trent holds Yohei's arms back and Gedo rubs his hands together like a cartoon predator about to eat a small animal before kicking the young boy. Snapmare and a facewash stomp from Gedo who really seems to be enjoying himself. Yohei starts making a comeback with some chops so Gedo just starts gouging his eyes. Irish whip gets reversed and Komatsu attempts a dropkick but Gedo hooks the ropes and Komatsu's kidneys get to experience landing flat on a hard wooden surface.

Gedo misses the kind of lariat you throw if you want to decapitate somebody. Chop exchange turns into elbows and Komatsu wins through the power of fighting spirit! Jay White gets the hot tag and drops Beretta with a flying forearm! The new guy forgets the rule of threes and gets booted in the gut for attempting a fourth forearm. Beretta takes a second to sell his left eyebrow because he's the best. Jay White hits a leapfrog and turns around for a flying forearm then throws another at Rocky Romero. At this pace he'll be out-wrestling Bad Luck Fale in a month.

White calls in his teammates to throw Beretta into the corner. European uppercut from Jay White, Tanaka hits a forearm and Komatsu hits a back elbow! Komatsu holds Beretta for a missile dropkick from Jay White! Holy shit these create-a-wrestlers are out of control! 1. 2. Kickout. Jay white turns Beretta over into a pretty good Walls of Jericho but gets overzealous and ends up in a kind of shitty Boston Crab. Same for Romero from Komatsu. Gedo only has to put up with a single leg crab, presumably because his rookie opponent hasn't learned the two leg version yet. All three heels make the ropes as signified by the ref and Romero lets out an “AAAAAAW FUCK!”

Jay's alone in the ring with Beretta now and immeadiately drops the ball by getting enziguri'd in the back of the skull. He sells like HBK in 1995. Beretta tries to capitalize but gets thrown into the turnbuckles. Rollup! 1...2...kickout! White tries another running forearm into the corner but fool Beretta four or more times shame on him. Romero comes from out of nowhere and like a human Doppler effect you hear him before you see him land a clothesline in the corner. One more! Jay White follows the sound of a constant screaming and hits a dropkick. He starts throwing punches and European uppercuts at the Jr. Heavyweight tag champs before getting double knees to the face. Beretta grabs him before he can colapse and sets him up. STRONG ZERO! 1. 2. 3!

Way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Rocky Romero is like the second coming of Chavo Guerrero. Gedo looks like a proud heel father out there. Romero mouths his own rap lyrics as they reach the top of the ramp because of course he does.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    House show was a blast, my brother in law couldn't go so he was sick so I got to take my 5 year old to his first WWE event

The Kiddo is allright in my books first match was Neville vs Barrett (apparently they came make up their mind if he was there or not) but he immediately marked out for Neville having never seen him before copied his fingers in the air thing and all.

Next up was The Asencion and Slater vs Primetime Players and whatever Uso isnt hurt, slow boring match.

Next up was Sandow vs Bo Dallas...my kid marked out for Bo..I am disappointed with him. It was a real shitty match best part was Sandow was on the mic and Bo slapped it out of his hands hard and it hit the ref square in the nuts.

next was Sami Zayn vs Erick Rowan crowd was DEAD a small ole ole chant but nothing else I was real sad to see us not cheer our fellow Canadian boy.

Kiddo fell asleep half way through that match and missed the rest of the card.

Ryback vs Rusev, Lana got a huge pop and Ryback was beyond over Rusev sent Lana to the back after she got too popular.

Naomi w/Tamina vs Charlotte, Charlotte is fantastic but man this match was real sloppy quite a few obvious botches on both their parts.

New Day (Xavier and Kofi with Big E at ringside) vs Cesaro and Tyson the crowd was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay into this both sides cut pretty great promos, no Nattie tho:( It was a title match Big E jumped in for the DQ. This match was full of great spots that only reaffirms my opinion that these two teams have absurd ring chemistry.

Main Event time

Ambrose vs Harper in a No DQ match.

Crowd went absolutely APE SHIT for Ambrose, fun match tables, kendo stick and a couple tables all involved Dean took a stiff looking powerbomb into the entrance ramp and then another through a table too.

Towards the end New Day did a run in for some reason then came Kidd/Cesaro then Rusev then Ryback they all cleared out quick enough Ambrose hit the dirty deeds and it was done.

The tshirts were HELLA thin pickins

2 Cena
    2 Ambrose
    2 generic
    2 Bryan
    Orton
    Dolph
    Sting
    Roman

no seth????? I was super sad so I walked out with no merch kiddo for the current cena t

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    What was the love watch this week? I'd really like to watch some good wrestling tonight.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I don't think we're starting that until this coming Wednesday. The Hatewatch was Superbrawl 2000.

The one Lovewatch we accidentally did was In Your House 10: Mind Games if you want to give that one a shot. The main event was amazing.

uyvfOQy.png
This discussion has been closed.