Options

The [Wrestling] thread wants you to watch NXT tonight for free on the Network

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This is an honest question, but in recent years has WWE done a good job with discipline?

The DeMott thing was handled pretty poorly at first, but ultimately they did the right thing.

I just think it's fruitless to examine the actions of a particular group of people in an organization. "Wrestlers are always _____" or "Football players do ______". I think the most important thing, as shown poorly by the NFL, is how the leagues or organization choose to deal with those who do bad things.

Discipline towards drugs, there's Orton who's failed Wellness 5 times and is still in the company despte them publicly saying it's a 3 strikes and you're out policy. Discipline towards awful acts, Tyson and Snuka and Savage are in their Hall of Fame.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the 80s and 90s wrestling culture was so terrible that I am in shock when anything positive happens

recently I wonder why Swagger and Cameron are employed because of their DWIs but they aren't being pushed so I'm all for second chances with a caveat

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Like Jeff Hardy on a quad-bike you know it won’t end well but you’re going to watch them anyway, it’s Botchamania 274: Bo Dallas Baseball!

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Xehalus wrote: »
    the 80s and 90s wrestling culture was so terrible that I am in shock when anything positive happens

recently I wonder why Swagger and Cameron are employed because of their DWIs but they aren't being pushed so I'm all for second chances with a caveat

That's why I asked about recent years. The way they handled talent and the acceptable behavioral standards then can't be changed now.

I guess this also gets into a much more nuanced area as, for instance, I don't think a DWI or a drug offense is necessarily something that should result in firing or banishment. On the other hand, sexual misconduct or violence are areas where I do not believe second chances need to be afforded.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    reminder that mick foley exists

P-ZA9-7BK-0B6_zpsoqhwtae3.jpg[/URL]"]

Yup

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah?

Well reminder that Hayley exists!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    ok so i was just walking out of the movie theatre in downtown orlando and im about to start walking to my car and this dude on a rental bike turns the corner and its enzo amore

and im like holy shit enzo im a big fan

and he's like thanks man

and i think alexa bliss was following him??

anyway it was cool and enzowns

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    crwth that was not sawft at all

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Okay, I was apparently away from the thread long enough that a new one has emerged and gone on eight pages. I missed anything particularly good?

"Particularly" because it's usually good, of course.

If nothing else, have the Extreme Rules pick ems results been posted?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Someone here earlier mentioned that Enzo and Big Cass would get split up eventually if they got promoted to the main roster and yes that would be shitty but again I must point out the whole purpose of NXT is to get talent ready for Raw. That won't change unless they start paying NXT like the main roster and yeah that's not happening ever.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Like Jeff Hardy on a quad-bike you know it won’t end well but you’re going to watch them anyway, it’s Botchamania 274: Bo Dallas Baseball!

7:39ish

Best Shooting Star Plancha Springboard Reverse DDT ever!

edit: And honestly, I think Cena does it on purpose at this point.

Skwigelf on
  • Options
    Speaking of happy accidents that Ishii/Anderson botch is one of the scariest spots I've ever seen and the kind of almost career ender that will someday be adapted and refined into a devastating finisher.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    after listening to Sheamus on Jericho's podcast you can tell that he's really really happy to be a heel again, fella

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    figaH7x.png

That's right! The let's watch that watches back is back! New Japan just had a show with 2,460 in attendance at the Grandmesse Kumamoto in Kumamoto. Tonight's match involves a team of younglings taking on IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions Roppoingi Vice and one of the promotion's bookers, so you know it's going to be a real back and forth even competition.

Jay White, Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka VS Gedo RPG VICE (Beretta and Rocky Romero)

I don't know what the Japanese characters for “jobber entrance” are but I know they look like three guys in black trunks sprinting to the ring a moment after the intro video. The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions make their way to the ring with Gedo setting a laid back pace. Huge pop for Gedo removing the dew rag. Side note: the Roppongi Vice theme is already this year's summer jam. The young lions argue but Sho Tanaka successfully convinces his team he should go first through a language made up entirely of light shoves and chest thumping. The crowd chants for Beretta in an attempt to win Dyvim's favor. Even Trent looks confused by his new popularity.

Lockup, Berretta gets a go behind, Tanaka reverses into an arm wringer and Berretta rolls out and sweeps the leg. Berretta locks on a side headlock and gets shoved out before hitting a shoulder block on Tanaka. Berretta stops for some applause and gives a nod like he's testing this newbie on his basic wrestling flashcards. Dropdown and leapfrog leads into an arm drag from Tanaka. Huge dropkick! He's a tornado of nonspecific offense! Trent worriedly asks Romero “what came out of my face?” before making the tag.

Rocky gets a go-behind and again Tanaka wrings out the arm. Romero has a lot less technically proficient answer for this spot: club the little fucker in the back until he gives the fuck up. Romero yells something that sounds like it would come out of Waluigi as he runs off the ropes into a shoulder block. Romero runs to the corner on his knees like a little kid to be consoled by Gedo. In comes Komatsu.

In the tradition of many mentor figures in pro wrestling Gedo jabs him in the eyes then punches him into the corner. Komatsu vaults back from the turnbuckle off an irish whip and hits a shoulder block! Now some punches staggering Gedo into the ropes! Twisting forearm smash! That's the least generic offense out of this team yet! Gedo goes to the corner on his knees and both RPG Vice guys just sort of step away shrugging.

Gedo starts asking “why!?!?” to which Trent answers “You're the leader!” and Romero starts a “Ge-do” chant. Brilliant. Gedo backs into the wrong corner ready for a fight and RPG Vice jump Komatsu from behind before clearing the apron of his teammates. Again Rocky Romero laughs like he just knocked out Little Mac. Gedo drags his forearm across Komatsu's eyes for a four count then tags in Rocky Romero who gives a polite formal bow to Gedo before putting the boots to Komatsu. Tag to Beretta. PK/Standing moonsault combo! 1. 2. Kickout! The crowd gives RPG Vice some applause for their athleticism and Komatsu some applause for not jobbing on the first pinfall. Trent gives Komatsu some boots to the head.

Komatsu gets worked into the heel corner and Gedo gets tagged in. Trent holds Yohei's arms back and Gedo rubs his hands together like a cartoon predator about to eat a small animal before kicking the young boy. Snapmare and a facewash stomp from Gedo who really seems to be enjoying himself. Yohei starts making a comeback with some chops so Gedo just starts gouging his eyes. Irish whip gets reversed and Komatsu attempts a dropkick but Gedo hooks the ropes and Komatsu's kidneys get to experience landing flat on a hard wooden surface.

Gedo misses the kind of lariat you throw if you want to decapitate somebody. Chop exchange turns into elbows and Komatsu wins through the power of fighting spirit! Jay White gets the hot tag and drops Beretta with a flying forearm! The new guy forgets the rule of threes and gets booted in the gut for attempting a fourth forearm. Beretta takes a second to sell his left eyebrow because he's the best. Jay White hits a leapfrog and turns around for a flying forearm then throws another at Rocky Romero. At this pace he'll be out-wrestling Bad Luck Fale in a month.

White calls in his teammates to throw Beretta into the corner. European uppercut from Jay White, Tanaka hits a forearm and Komatsu hits a back elbow! Komatsu holds Beretta for a missile dropkick from Jay White! Holy shit these create-a-wrestlers are out of control! 1. 2. Kickout. Jay white turns Beretta over into a pretty good Walls of Jericho but gets overzealous and ends up in a kind of shitty Boston Crab. Same for Romero from Komatsu. Gedo only has to put up with a single leg crab, presumably because his rookie opponent hasn't learned the two leg version yet. All three heels make the ropes as signified by the ref and Romero lets out an “AAAAAAW FUCK!”

Jay's alone in the ring with Beretta now and immeadiately drops the ball by getting enziguri'd in the back of the skull. He sells like HBK in 1995. Beretta tries to capitalize but gets thrown into the turnbuckles. Rollup! 1...2...kickout! White tries another running forearm into the corner but fool Beretta four or more times shame on him. Romero comes from out of nowhere and like a human Doppler effect you hear him before you see him land a clothesline in the corner. One more! Jay White follows the sound of a constant screaming and hits a dropkick. He starts throwing punches and European uppercuts at the Jr. Heavyweight tag champs before getting double knees to the face. Beretta grabs him before he can colapse and sets him up. STRONG ZERO! 1. 2. 3!

Way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Rocky Romero is like the second coming of Chavo Guerrero. Gedo looks like a proud heel father out there. Romero mouths his own rap lyrics as they reach the top of the ramp because of course he does.

I can't wait til you get to Big Daddy Yum Yum!

CorporateRed on
    Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    4888120219664384.jpg

Well Chikara is doing something right this season.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    avatars-000062872609-mg55j4-t200x200.jpg

New Generation Project Podcast
    King Of The Ring 1996

It's the one we've all been waiting for, it's the night Stone Cold Steve Austin cuts the promo that will change the wrestling business forever, yes it's "King Of The Ring 1996" in Episode 36 of 'The New Generation Project Podcast'.

Featuring; your suggestions for 3:16 promos, the epic feud between Goldust and Ahmed Johnson, Jerry Lawler verbally abuses the entire city of Milwaukee, Brian Pillmans contract negotiations, the worst DQ in the history of DQ's and Owen Hart on commentary!

Plus the answers to the questions; Which England cricketer refused Paul an autograph? What were the alternate names offered for the Mankind character? What does Scrivens 3:16 say? How does Adam feel about the women on this show? And how is a pre-show tag team match ten times better than a main show one?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    That Mountain Goats album is fantastic. I can't stop listening to it.

• Options
    The Goldust/Ahmed feud was actually pretty good IMO, even if it began with the whole mock kissing thing.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    A Mountain Goats song about Sasha Banks would be real interesting.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    So I rented WWE 2K15 from Redbox and it seems...pretty good?

I know it got thrashed in reviews but my friends and I had a pretty good time with it tonight, and I might pick it up now that it's $40

• Options
    Finally bought one of the discount Highspot DVDs. Decided to go with ROH Proving Ground night 1 mostly for Tyler Black vs Davey Richards but I'm morbidly curious for Necro Butcher vs Austin Aries as well.

• Options
    Still might pick up a few 2007 FIP shows to see more early Seth Rollins.

• Options
    edited May 2015

I know it got thrashed in reviews but my friends and I had a pretty good time with it tonight, and I might pick it up now that it's $40

I think I would probably like 2K15 mostly because I haven't played a new wrestling game since the PS2 era and any changes since then would probably seem revolutionary. I think they're doing smart things with the systems mimicing the pace of a match but they need to do more with animation systems and gameplay to smooth out the experience.

Oh and refine the engine so that character models that look amazing in still shots don't look like software renders in-game.

All of this is probably a budgetary thing in terms of both time and money. It's not like they're choosing to make their game easy to mock in screenshots but it is a thing.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    figaH7x.png

That's right! The let's watch that watches back is back! New Japan just had a show with 2,460 in attendance at the Grandmesse Kumamoto in Kumamoto. Tonight's match involves a team of younglings taking on IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions Roppoingi Vice and one of the promotion's bookers, so you know it's going to be a real back and forth even competition.

Jay White, Yohei Komatsu and Sho Tanaka VS Gedo RPG VICE (Beretta and Rocky Romero)

I don't know what the Japanese characters for “jobber entrance” are but I know they look like three guys in black trunks sprinting to the ring a moment after the intro video. The IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champions make their way to the ring with Gedo setting a laid back pace. Huge pop for Gedo removing the dew rag. Side note: the Roppongi Vice theme is already this year's summer jam. The young lions argue but Sho Tanaka successfully convinces his team he should go first through a language made up entirely of light shoves and chest thumping. The crowd chants for Beretta in an attempt to win Dyvim's favor. Even Trent looks confused by his new popularity.

Lockup, Berretta gets a go behind, Tanaka reverses into an arm wringer and Berretta rolls out and sweeps the leg. Berretta locks on a side headlock and gets shoved out before hitting a shoulder block on Tanaka. Berretta stops for some applause and gives a nod like he's testing this newbie on his basic wrestling flashcards. Dropdown and leapfrog leads into an arm drag from Tanaka. Huge dropkick! He's a tornado of nonspecific offense! Trent worriedly asks Romero “what came out of my face?” before making the tag.

Rocky gets a go-behind and again Tanaka wrings out the arm. Romero has a lot less technically proficient answer for this spot: club the little fucker in the back until he gives the fuck up. Romero yells something that sounds like it would come out of Waluigi as he runs off the ropes into a shoulder block. Romero runs to the corner on his knees like a little kid to be consoled by Gedo. In comes Komatsu.

In the tradition of many mentor figures in pro wrestling Gedo jabs him in the eyes then punches him into the corner. Komatsu vaults back from the turnbuckle off an irish whip and hits a shoulder block! Now some punches staggering Gedo into the ropes! Twisting forearm smash! That's the least generic offense out of this team yet! Gedo goes to the corner on his knees and both RPG Vice guys just sort of step away shrugging.

Gedo starts asking “why!?!?” to which Trent answers “You're the leader!” and Romero starts a “Ge-do” chant. Brilliant. Gedo backs into the wrong corner ready for a fight and RPG Vice jump Komatsu from behind before clearing the apron of his teammates. Again Rocky Romero laughs like he just knocked out Little Mac. Gedo drags his forearm across Komatsu's eyes for a four count then tags in Rocky Romero who gives a polite formal bow to Gedo before putting the boots to Komatsu. Tag to Beretta. PK/Standing moonsault combo! 1. 2. Kickout! The crowd gives RPG Vice some applause for their athleticism and Komatsu some applause for not jobbing on the first pinfall. Trent gives Komatsu some boots to the head.

Komatsu gets worked into the heel corner and Gedo gets tagged in. Trent holds Yohei's arms back and Gedo rubs his hands together like a cartoon predator about to eat a small animal before kicking the young boy. Snapmare and a facewash stomp from Gedo who really seems to be enjoying himself. Yohei starts making a comeback with some chops so Gedo just starts gouging his eyes. Irish whip gets reversed and Komatsu attempts a dropkick but Gedo hooks the ropes and Komatsu's kidneys get to experience landing flat on a hard wooden surface.

Gedo misses the kind of lariat you throw if you want to decapitate somebody. Chop exchange turns into elbows and Komatsu wins through the power of fighting spirit! Jay White gets the hot tag and drops Beretta with a flying forearm! The new guy forgets the rule of threes and gets booted in the gut for attempting a fourth forearm. Beretta takes a second to sell his left eyebrow because he's the best. Jay White hits a leapfrog and turns around for a flying forearm then throws another at Rocky Romero. At this pace he'll be out-wrestling Bad Luck Fale in a month.

White calls in his teammates to throw Beretta into the corner. European uppercut from Jay White, Tanaka hits a forearm and Komatsu hits a back elbow! Komatsu holds Beretta for a missile dropkick from Jay White! Holy shit these create-a-wrestlers are out of control! 1. 2. Kickout. Jay white turns Beretta over into a pretty good Walls of Jericho but gets overzealous and ends up in a kind of shitty Boston Crab. Same for Romero from Komatsu. Gedo only has to put up with a single leg crab, presumably because his rookie opponent hasn't learned the two leg version yet. All three heels make the ropes as signified by the ref and Romero lets out an “AAAAAAW FUCK!”

Jay's alone in the ring with Beretta now and immeadiately drops the ball by getting enziguri'd in the back of the skull. He sells like HBK in 1995. Beretta tries to capitalize but gets thrown into the turnbuckles. Rollup! 1...2...kickout! White tries another running forearm into the corner but fool Beretta four or more times shame on him. Romero comes from out of nowhere and like a human Doppler effect you hear him before you see him land a clothesline in the corner. One more! Jay White follows the sound of a constant screaming and hits a dropkick. He starts throwing punches and European uppercuts at the Jr. Heavyweight tag champs before getting double knees to the face. Beretta grabs him before he can colapse and sets him up. STRONG ZERO! 1. 2. 3!

Way more entertaining than it had any right to be. Rocky Romero is like the second coming of Chavo Guerrero. Gedo looks like a proud heel father out there. Romero mouths his own rap lyrics as they reach the top of the ramp because of course he does.

I can't wait til you get to Big Daddy Yum Yum!

So do I because we have a couple meaningless lower card tag matches to crawl over to get there. Speaking of...

figaH7x.png
    Captain New Japan and Satoshi Kojima VS Cody Hall and Yujiro Takahashi
    Bullet Club's out first looking sleazy. Kojima and Captain New Japan enter. Captain New Japan is wearing a green and getup with light green squiggles. He is a Cadbury Wriggler.

Kojima and Takahashi start out. Boot to the gut and some elbows from Takahashi who taunts his more straightlaced opponent. When was the last time that sort of thing didn't result in face punch retaliation? Side headlock from Kojima and Takahashi bites his way out. I'm pretty sure Kojima's going to need some penicillin now. Boot to the gut and some slaps. Takahashi tries a couple shoulder blocks but all this does is lightly fluff Kojima. Yujiro powers up for another big charge and gets dropped with a shoulder block from Kojima who paces around stone face and flexes his pecs.

Captain New Japan is in and he trades some basic offense with Takahashi. Takahashi comes off the ropes and Captain New Japan tells him to stooooooooooop. Pause. Cody Hall plows through him like a truck running over a crossing guard. The ref leads Cody away but not after one more boot to Captain New Japan. Takahashi whips Captain New Japan off the ropes and casualy walks out of the way of a shoulder block. Kojima gets booted off the apron. Mounted punches from Yujiro. Snapmare and a basement single leg dropkick. Takahashi tags Cody Hall who drops off the apron and lets Takahashi set Captain New Japan up for a running European Uppercut off the apron. Cody enters over the top rope. Wrong clique member junior.

CNJ gets put in the corner with some Kevin Nash offense. Avalance drops the Captain. 1.2. Kickout. Cody clears Kojima off the apron and misses a leg drop. This concludes the night's one man NWO tribute show. Hot tag to Kojima. Takahashi runs in and gets dropped with a punch so fast he pretty much just keeps his momentum on the way out. Cody gets lit the fuck up with chops in the corner. Whip to the other corner and an elbow smash! Kojima's going up! Elbow drop! 1.2.Kickout! Kojima keeps trying to kill this collosus by stabbing his fist into the weak spot his corner chops exposed. Cody answers with an elbow exchange and counters Kojima's running elbow with a sidewalk slam. Yeah Cody, dust off your hands, I'm sure that's a match ending sidewalk slam. Takahashi's back in whipping Kojima into the corner and rushing in with a big boot. Discuss lariat from not Nigel McGuinness. Captain New Japan tries to run in and gets tossed back out. Cody signals for the Razor's Edge!

Kojima slips out! Stunner! He removes the elbow pad. Captain New Japan's begging for a tag and Kojima's indecisiveness gets him booted by Cody then Takahashi. DDT from Kojima! Tag to Captain New Japan who hits a couple throat thrusts on the Bullet Club, the Kane kind not the cool dropdown ones the Dust brothers do. Shoulder block! Takahashi breaks the combo with some chops and bounces off the ropes into a Rock Bottom! Cody Hall tries to come in but gets punched int othe ropes and Kojima runs in to eliminate him with a LARIATOOOO! Cody Hall goes over the ropes like King Hippo and hits his head on the guard rail.

Captain New Japan leaps off the top and Takahashi just sits up to avoid it. Takahashi rakes Kojimas eyes and elbows him out of the ring. Rollup from Captain New Japan! 1. 2. Kickout! Lariato from Takahashi! FI-SHERMAN! 1. 2. Captain New Japan barely makes it out. Tokyo Pimps! 1. 2. 3!

All in all a nothing match that results in a win so meaningless Cody Hall doesn't seem to give a fuck that it's his first win in New Japan. Takahashi can't stop smiling though.

Well I've officially become totally jaded with the undercard tag match's shit. Maybe the next one will be better....
    qer0rmA.png?1

...oh...

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

I think I would probably like 2K15 mostly because I haven't played a new wrestling game since the PS2 era and any changes since then would probably seem revolutionary. I think they're doing smart things with the systems mimicing the pace of a match but they need to do more with animation systems and gameplay to smooth out the experience.

Oh and refine the engine so that character models that look amazing in still shots don't look like software renders in-game.

All of this is probably a budgetary thing in terms of both time and money. It's not like they're choosing to make their game easy to mock in screenshots but it is a thing.

The last one I played was 2012 and it was so stiff compared to this

I also actually really love the chain wrestling thing, and timing for reversals is more generous than it used to be

It's honestly the first wrestling game I've enjoyed since SmackDown 2 back on PS1

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus

I also actually really love the chain wrestling thing, and timing for reversals is more generous than it used to be

It's honestly the first wrestling game I've enjoyed since SmackDown 2 back on PS1

2007 on the 360 was amazing and is my favorite only because of the gm mode

But if someone ever made a game of nothing but menus that was like nfl head coach except you're the gm instead you would never ever see me again

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I got some bad news those games exist though not with WWE branding. You can load in WWE mods though.

They are TEW amd EWR and I haven't played either really.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    The entirety of my EWR playthrough can be read in a single thread.

I've thought about doing another one at some point, a sort of Venture Brothers for pro wrestling. It would mostly be an outlet for my dumb ideas like a tag team of The Wild Progressive and his partner The Ultimate Social Justice Warrior.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I have played lots of EWR and TEW and it's awesome and you can definitely lose a lot of time playing the game.

There are unofficial forums for it where you can get wrestler data for almost any time period or scenario you want to play, I've saved TNA a lot of times.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    was the 1991 king of the ring it's own ppv event? or was it not ppv? I don't see it under king of the ring on the network (or any of the older ones) and now that I think about it I know I didn't see them when they happened til 93, so they were just not done as events I guess?

google hasn't helped, probably because the answer is exactly as obvious as I'm guessing, but I might as well ask you fine folks

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    The entirety of my EWR playthrough can be read in a single thread.

I've thought about doing another one at some point, a sort of Venture Brothers for pro wrestling. It would mostly be an outlet for my dumb ideas like a tag team of The Wild Progressive and his partner The Ultimate Social Justice Warrior.

it should be illegal to remind people of punk! even indirectly like this

now I have to cry for 2 hours

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »

2007 on the 360 was amazing and is my favorite only because of the gm mode

But if someone ever made a game of nothing but menus that was like nfl head coach except you're the gm instead you would never ever see me again

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2013/

Have fun.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    was the 1991 king of the ring it's own ppv event? or was it not ppv? I don't see it under king of the ring on the network (or any of the older ones) and now that I think about it I know I didn't see them when they happened til 93, so they were just not done as events I guess?

google hasn't helped, probably because the answer is exactly as obvious as I'm guessing, but I might as well ask you fine folks

Before 1993, it wasn't a PPV, it was just a special event they did occasionally.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    KotR started in 1985 and lasted till 1991 (although there was no tourney in 1990) as a non-televised event that nonetheless the winner usually called himself King afterwards if he was a heel.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    So I was listening the the Observer radio show on Sirius yesterday and apparently WWE still hasn't fixed the problem of people signing up for free months on the Network using different emails? Really?

As a loyal subscriber since its inception, please fix this shit Hunter or whoever. Do whatever Netfilx does.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    I played TEW a bit and I really liked it but I found the menu system to be kind of unintuitive and I had a hard time figuring out how to have any success.

I also got 2k15 this weekend (Im weak), because the 360 version was so bad and I'm actually really enjoying it for PC. I am the NXT champ right now and I'm in a pretty bitter rivalry with Rusev.

The transitional animations are wonky but are SO much better than I remember them being in 2k14. I also think the chain wrestling is a fun little deviation.

Last night I was wrestling Bo Dallas and I did my signature move. He countered my finisher and stole it! I got to my feet, countered the double arm DDT, stole his finisher, did his own finisher on him and he kicked out at 2. He stood back up, the crowd was hyped, I taunted, hit him with my signature, my real finisher, and took the pin.

It was actually pretty cool booking and I was like, yeah, this game is alright.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    You know, with the King of the Ring being back as a Network exclusive thing, I wonder if the WWE will start doing Night of Champions'esque events using some of the concepts they own that can't really carry a PPV in this day and age or that they don't want to carry a PPV.

Like have a one-night only Survivor Series event which is just a couple of matches and one Survivor Series tag match for the main event. A Beat The Clock themed one, maybe. Or Lethal Lottery one-night tag tournament.

13iepvv6o8ip.png
This discussion has been closed.