Options

The [Wrestling] thread wants you to watch NXT tonight for free on the Network

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if you start getting angles in the My Career mode or is it just a series of matches with text boxes before them?

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I've always struggled a lot with the storyline editor in TEW. I've found the amount of work it takes on the front end to be difficult.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    KotR started in 1985 and lasted till 1991 (although there was no tourney in 1990) as a non-televised event that nonetheless the winner usually called himself King afterwards if he was a heel.

How dare you forget about the short and ill-fated reign of King Duggan? He was a just and good liege, until he was overthrown by the dastardly but awesome Macho King, who gained his rule by right of "possession of the crown is 9/10ths of the law"

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I still want a pro wrestling game with a career mode that completely breaks kayfabe

before each match you're told what the booking is, how much time you have, etc., and then you have to execute on that plan. You get graded based on your performance and on the crowd reaction

additionally, you would have to navigate backstage politics. If you piss your opponent off right before a match, they may sandbag and make it very hard for you to work. Conversely, if your opponent likes you, they may go out of their way to make you look like a million bucks. Standing up for someone backstage may earn you respect from the locker room but put you on creative's shit-list

I don't know how big the audience for that game would be and it would probably be pretty tough to make, but I would play the absolute shit out of it

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    I've always struggled a lot with the storyline editor in TEW. I've found the amount of work it takes on the front end to be difficult.

Yeah I found it cumbersome because it took so long to book angles and storylines and then it'd just be a text box and usually it'd be like "the crowd doesnt care" Grade: D.

And Id be like ugh forget it. If there was a version of that game that was like, SLIGHTLY easier to use Id play it always.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    So Bryan has to show up to relinquish his title eventually right? Unless Brock really did set a precedent on how long you can go between defenses.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So I was listening the the Observer radio show on Sirius yesterday and apparently WWE still hasn't fixed the problem of people signing up for free months on the Network using different emails? Really?

As a loyal subscriber since its inception, please fix this shit Hunter or whoever. Do whatever Netfilx does.

WWE doesn't really do the network's technical side, MLB Advanced Media does.

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    So I was listening the the Observer radio show on Sirius yesterday and apparently WWE still hasn't fixed the problem of people signing up for free months on the Network using different emails? Really?

As a loyal subscriber since its inception, please fix this shit Hunter or whoever. Do whatever Netfilx does.

WWE doesn't really do the network's technical side, MLB Advanced Media does.

Fair enough but they should still try and make sure stuff like that can't happen.

• Options
    they should just stop doing free months

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    When every other month is a free month, why bother paying for the service if making a new gmail account gets you free wrasslin

The Betgirl on
    Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    they should just stop doing free months

I'd hope they give that up at least until they fix the problem.

• Options
    Also, given the number of e-mails they keep sending to my cancelled account (we switched to the Rogers version just because we get 50% off thanks to my wife), they'll gladly give you the free month anyway if you'll just please please please please come back to WWE Network!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    411Randle wrote: »
    Also, given the number of e-mails they keep sending to my cancelled account (we switched to the Rogers version just because we get 50% off thanks to my wife), they'll gladly give you the free month anyway if you'll just please please please please come back to WWE Network!

Well I don't have as much of an issue with that honestly, so long as they make sure that deal isn't abused.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    So Bryan has to show up to relinquish his title eventually right? Unless Brock really did set a precedent on how long you can go between defenses.

I don't think they are ready to pull that trigger yet...which is one of the things that makes me actively wonder if it really is the same injury. If it were more of the same I think it more likely the long term shelving of D-Bry would have happened already.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »

I don't think they are ready to pull that trigger yet...which is one of the things that makes me actively wonder if it really is the same injury. If it were more of the same I think it more likely the long term shelving of D-Bry would have happened already.

If he isn't back till late June he should still be stripped of the title though. With Brock he was never injured.

• Options

Well I don't have as much of an issue with that honestly, so long as they make sure that deal isn't abused.

If it's abused it's in their favor, so why would they care? 1 person uses 6 different emails for 6 free accounts and 6 free months, that still registers as 6 new subs instead of one

• Options

If it's abused it's in their favor, so why would they care? 1 person uses 6 different emails for 6 free accounts and 6 free months, that still registers as 6 new subs instead of one

After the free month does the one guy still have 6 accounts that only costs the 10 per month?

• Options
    I mean he or she only pays 10 per month for 6 accounts.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Cancelling before the charges take effect is a thing

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    you can sign up for the account and cancel the day before you actually get charged the next month and ta da free wwe network

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    see i wasn't lying!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Hey look, Extreme Rules Scores!
    Max Score: 71

1 PwnanObrien 68
    2 411Randle 64
    3 pawa24 63
    4 CuvisTheConqueror 62
    4 Legacy 62
    6 El Geebs Que Lo Sabe Todo Sobre Animorphs 61
    6 Nothing 61
    8 Schde 59
    8 wirehead26 59
    10 Nirya 58
    10 SanderJK 58
    12 LBD_Nytetrayn 57
    13 crwth 55
    13 Turambar 55
    15 EvilBadman 54
    16 AlphaRomero 53
    16 Blankzilla 53
    16 CorporateRed 53
    16 maximum 53
    16 Nicopernicus 53
    16 slimelord 53
    22 Dex Dynamo 52
    22 Invectivus 52
    22 Kilroy 52
    25 Goose! 51
    25 MyNameIsWalrus 51
    25 shalmelo 51
    28 mjn6172 50
    28 SpotlightKeil 50
    28 Whittledown 50
    31 Assuran 49
    31 bloodyroarxx 49
    31 exist 49
    31 The Betgirl 49
    35 face-turn-tious 48
    36 Gonmun 47
    36 Poirtia Perez stole my forum handle 47
    38 Azraith 46
    38 Bloodsheed 46
    38 Grobian 46
    41 Sweeney Tom 45
    41 Xehalus 45
    43 JonJonJonJon 42
    43 stevemarks44 42
    43 Whippy 42
    46 Balefuego 41
    46 David_T 41
    48 CSStheGr8 40
    48 Hjorvarthr 40
    48 Magell 40
    51 Shadowen 39
    52 hailtothekale 38
    52 Psychotic One 38
    52 Vann diras 38
    55 Jakarrd 37
    56 Martian 35
    56 teal bee 35
    56 UnbreakableVow 35
    59 noir_blood 32
    60 Reynolds 30
    61 The Cow King 22
    Full Pretty Standings

Lifetime Standings
    1 411Randle 2347
    2 David_T 2340
    3 Nirya 2330
    4 PwnanObrien 2216
    5 EvilBadman 2138
    6 Hjorvarthr 2134
    7 Radius 2013
    8 MyNameIsWalrus 1949
    9 The Geebs That... 1931
    10 Martian 1883
    11 Shadowen 1870
    12 Goose! 1817
    13 Assuran 1813
    14 Gonmun 1731
    15 Magell 1720
    16 Sander JK 1706
    17 TheSultan 1613
    18 Alistair Hutton 1608
    19 Dogbone33 1522
    20 Psychotic One 1463
    21 The Betman 1376
    22 Xehalus 1348
    23 SweeneyTom 1281
    24 Nothing 1264
    25 LBD_Nytetrayn 1255
    Sheet

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    I'm demanding a rematch due to RULES FUCKERY IN WWE

@Nirya

• Options
    wow I did much better than I thought I did

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tied for 13th! probably my best ranking ever

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    (also thanks @evilbadman !)

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Top 20 again! My meteoric rise cannot be stopped.

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    @Dex Dynamo cutting it close there, honey!

• Options
    Kilroy wrote: »
    wow I did much better than I thought I did

Ditto.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Geebs's non-Union Mexican cousin did really well.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Reynolds and I really holding down these championship belts with that 30 and 0.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    I've only got one thing to say to @The Betgirl after that match.

• Options
    So I just read about the Hogan/Mania 32 thing. If Hulk is actually getting a true send off and sticks with it, sure why not.

Just don't be a singles match please.

• Options
    Did I say that PPV was predictable? I feel like I said that PPV was incredibly predictable.

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I did pretty good at predicting ER considering I was barely paying attention to Raw leading up to it and I didn't even watch the show itself.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    I'm conflicted on whether Roman or Seth is winning at Payback.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Seth wins til Lesnar returns

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    Hey look, Extreme Rules Scores!
    Max Score: 71

1 PwnanObrien 68

hR47Jsh.png

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I'd prefer Seth retaining of course but I could also see Vince giving Roman a test run on top.

This discussion has been closed.