As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NBA] Thread: Six Coaches Not Named Byron Scott Fired

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I just don't think thats a good distinction to make though.

The Warriors were a historically good regular season team, they would not have been without Curry.

Also I give more points to Curry for enabling Golden State to run the most advanced offense in the NBA, as opposed to Harden just running ISO over and over

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    The Warriors offense goes from elite to league average as soon as Curry comes off the court.

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    Mego Thor wrote: »
    Ugh, how do my teams keep getting stuck with Hubie Brown as an announcer? Go back to Boston, you POS.

what does boston have to do with hubie brown

He was literally cheering for Boston while "calling" the Cavs/Celtics games.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I just don't think thats a good distinction to make though.

The Warriors were a historically good regular season team, they would not have been without Curry.

Also I give more points to Curry for enabling Golden State to run the most advanced offense in the NBA, as opposed to Harden just running ISO over and over

An opinion that I fully understand but I tend to think of MVP in a much more literal sense: take this player off the team or replace him with an average player at his position and what happens? Take Harden out and put like a J.R. Smith or Evan Turner in and you won't make the playoffs maybe even in the East. Take Lebron away from Cleveland and put an average forward in and they're a lottery team again.

I fully understand those that don't agree with my interpretation. I literally believe Peyton Manning should have been MVP the year he missed post neck surgery. They went from a Super Bowl they could have won to league worst instantly.
    Ugh, how do my teams keep getting stuck with Hubie Brown as an announcer? Go back to Boston, you POS.

I think some of that may have been him trying to drum up excitement for what was mostly a pretty pointless series.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Butters wrote: »

I think some of that may have been him trying to drum up excitement for what was mostly a pretty pointless series.

I expect bias when watching regular season games with the home town announcers. It's unprofessional during the playoffs.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Ok but to my knowledge Brown doesn't have any ties to Boston or the Celtics.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    I don't think he does. My comment was prompted solely by his horrible commentating.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Ho4ETotsrrE

This season isn't as good as the first two, everyone knows the real story is the white walkers.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Ugh I was so worried about this match up before K-Love got KOd. Now i'm just dreading this game.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    the best thing for the Cavs this game at least is Shumpert got going offensively

• Options
    Offense wasn't the problem it was rotations on defense. Chicago shot over 50% and 55% from three because they were wide open on too many shots. Love's points and rebounds were missed but Cleveland was beaten by ball movement and efficiency more than anything else. If they can hold Chicago to more reasonable shooting percentages they can afford to play less desperate on offense.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Well the Rockets blew this one. Waaaay too many turnovers. Hopefully we'll be able to steal one in LA.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • Options
    qwer12qwer12 PhilippinesRegistered User regular
    Blake Griffin has just been amazing this post-season. It really changed my perception of him.

steam_sig.png

PSN: jrrl_absent
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Wow, the Clippers blew out the Rockets on the road without Chris Paul.

I wouldn't be surprised if Doc Rivers sits CP3 for Game 2 as well. He already got the series split guaranteed, and more rest for CP3's leg can only be good for when they get back to LA for G3 and G4.

• Options
    Wizards without Wall and Beal so this game might be boring

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Wizards without Wall and Beal so this game might be boring

Beal is still playing. Wizards will still probably lose though.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    What happened to Wall?

• Options
    Injured wrist. He'll play next game.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    James Dolan does more dumb bullshit.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    If there's one thing every WNBA team needs it's an unrepentant sexual harasser.

• Options
    Sessions tried to steal this game but the Hawks made shots

now to go on the road

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'd just like to give a special thank you to the Minnesota Timberwolves for drafting Johnny Flynn.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    wow, a series split in oracle

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    God bless Conley. The Grindhouse is going to be a madhouse later this week.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I hate Tony Allen.

That is all.

• Options
    Man I saw what Conley looked like just last week and I think it's safe to say he is one tough SOB

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Who would have thought Conley would be the better of the Conley/Oden Ohio State team?

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Maximum wrote: »
    I hate Tony Allen.

That is all.

Counter-point: I love Tony Allen.
    Who would have thought Conley would be the better of the Conley/Oden Ohio State team?

It's a shame he will probably never be an all-star because he plays in the West. But he is so good to watch running the offense, and he is no slouch defensively either.

Penumbra on
    Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Conley is a perfect fit for the Grizzly offense but I don't know if he's all-star material in the East either. He'd be competing with Irving, Wall, Lowry, and now Dragic.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Conley is a great player in the perfect system for him.

I don't think he's better than enough other guys to be an all star though.

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    i think he'll manage to get one

he was the first guard out on this year's team and there aren't that many young guys that look primed to make an all-star leap (maybe bledsoe, maybe lawson if he stays in the west)

all it'll take is some injury luck one year

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    actually maybe kawhi and/or wiggins are considered backcourt players, that would hurt his chances

they really just need to change it to guard/wing/big

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    So apparently Isiah Thomas (the taller, older one) thinks that when Madison Square Garden Inc. paid the fine for his sexual harassment that means he was not personally liable for anything. "Oh I didn't do anything wrong, my former and now current employer is responsible for my sexual harassment!"

I reiterate my long standing theory that Isiah Thomas must have pictures/video of James Dolan doing some pretty heinous shit.

• Options
    the LeBron headband has returned

• Options
    I doubt it. James Dolan is just a fucking disgrace of a human being as well.

• Options
    I don't disagree with you on Dolan as a person but with all the people he's been more than happy to fire I really don't understand his attachment to Thomas. Their working relationship has yielded nothing but disaster.

• Options
    They're friends.

Dolan wants this one time superstar to stay his friend, so he keeps him around and looks for jobs to give him.

Darryl Katz is and has forever been enamored with the Boys on the Bus and as such couldn't or wouldn't fire any of them from the Oilers. Now, the management group weren't bad people, but they were spectacularly bad at their jobs.

• Options
    Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Hey guys, did you know that Dwight Howard and Josh Smith were once AAU teammates?

Did you you know that guys? HEY, DID YOU KNOW THAT??

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
This discussion has been closed.