As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    These fucking teams man... I've been trying to mess with Medusa in Arena, she's a little weird, her basic attacks come from the left a bit like AMC. I do need to use my ult more, but god damn. First game we had an Athena who spent the entire god damn game focusing on Kumbha, and every time I was in position to really watch her when she had a few people on her, waiting for a taunt so I could ult, she'd never taunt. It was maddening. Next game, the closest we had to a frontline was a Chaac, and we were against a Bacchus and Tyr who just had a field day in the backline all game long. And I get bitched at for having low damage. Please tell me where I'm supposed to be able to get into the fight when Bacchus and Tyr are on my ass constantly.

Third game was the best though, I had a Tyr, Ah Puch, Chronos and the last guy showed Chang'e, which would've been fine... then switched to Bastet at the last second. Enemy team has Aphro, Bastet, Bellona, Isis and Vulcan, which should've decimated us honestly. It's a passive as fuck game and Bellona doesn't start doing anything at all until like 15 minutes in, which starts winning them some fights and they get ahead of us. Comes down to the final 10 tickets on both sides and our AP ends up getting a double kill (after kind of getting shit on much of the game by Bastet and her cats), we win with 6 tickets left. I went 4-1 which is... ok, still had fairly low damage though. Again, pretty hard to get into those fights. The one time I died is when the enemy Bastet got the perfect cat body block ult on me where I couldn't move. I hate that shit.

Edit: Don't even get me started on the first Assault I had... I seriously need to start rerolling Zhong when I get him in Assault because I never get teams that know what the fuck to do with an allied Zhong. They literally got me killed on the very first wave of the game because right as I was about to Exorcise the wave and get some health back from the enemy team's poke, they cleared the wave right before it went off.

Dranyth on
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I decided to try building the new Black Cleaver on Twitch. However my team was awful, they fed so hard and I never even got to finish the damn thing! Yelled at them, told them they were trash, etc.
    But despite all my rage, I'm still just a rat with a phage.

broken image link
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2015
    So what is this...Arena remake #3?

How the hell are they going to improve Assault's map?

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
    edited May 2015
    I doubt they need to improve Assault's map. A new Joust map or a new map specific for 3v3 joust would be nice though.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot one of the other major nerfs from the patch notes, Sylvanus' basic attacks no longer cause minion knockback, so he can't stack up the minions anymore. This makes his lane pressure and ability to support hunters with worse clear significantly worse... could change his place as nearly the top guardian/support pretty severely.

Dranyth on
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Sylvanus will be just fine. His CC potential is still stupis good.

It just changes what hunters he can reliably be paired with a bit is all. Where the early game is concerned anyway.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Has anyone used Winter Wyvern in a pro game yet?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    God this special event is like WTF mode but even better, since even the op abilities have to be aimed.

edited May 2015
    I seriously hate it... because it's basically Loki and Odin every game on the enemy team. I finally got one win in it after three games, but I don't think I'm going through that for another 4 for the gems. Gah.

Dranyth on
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    My second game the enemy team f6'd at 10 because my Kulkulkan+Athena were 12-3 and just rolling. 80% CDR kuku is nuts

what is this circles business in the title about

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Is anyone in the smite xbox alpha?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    So judging solely by the thread title this is about NASCAR right?

Madican wrote: »
    So judging solely by the thread title this is about NASCAR right?

NASCAR is the south's #1 MOBA.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

Yo

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

you put circles on other circles, that's how you MOBA

• One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I don't need to walk around in circles
    walk around in circles
    walk around in circles
    walk around in....

idgi

BahamutZERO.gif
    Bucketman wrote: »

Yo

Is it good? I think you can only get it if you do the Beta dashboard. Is that good and stable too? I don't want to have to run some janky stuff just to play smite.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    idgi

must be a smite joke

liEt3nH.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    idgi

must be a smite joke

not in the slightest

you stack circular aoe attacks on top of other circlular aoe attacks and that's how teamfights work

• AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    idgi

must be a smite joke

not in the slightest

you stack circular aoe attacks on top of other circlular aoe attacks and that's how teamfights work

Venn diagrams win games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX4qZcjiv5U

YL9WnCY.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

Yo

Is it good? I think you can only get it if you do the Beta dashboard. Is that good and stable too? I don't want to have to run some janky stuff just to play smite.

It plays fine, and I guess I have the beta dashboard? It looks sleeker and I haven't had any issues

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

SMNC was too cool for this genre anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v75n-_1EdcA

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular

real talk Chester was the best character in that game

Ahh that's right.

He was also my favorite mechanically.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Damn, I do love circles, but... but I never thought my love would bring me to this!

VayBJ4e.png

Yo

It plays fine, and I guess I have the beta dashboard? It looks sleeker and I haven't had any issues

@Bucketman let's brobox it up sometime. What's your tag?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
    also I'm reinstalling SMNC I guess? There was some talk of putting together a custom game?

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There was a moment where the t looked like we might have 10 people and then we actually counted and it was like 8.

But that was like a year ago, I dunno if there have been new rumblings because I live in the moon now.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    S2 Games has completely sold off Heroes of Newerth to Garena Online and is no longer involved with the game's development

liEt3nH.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Goddamnit, "raged harder than the community after a new god release" got me. I should not listen to these while drinking, because now I've got soda everywhere.

Unrelated, Megabeth is totally the best.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    S2 Games has completely sold off Heroes of Newerth to Garena Online and is no longer involved with the game's development
    And the world continued spinning

YL9WnCY.png