Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cinco de Mayo!

2

Posts

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The best part about Landshark is that its made by Jimmy Buffett and is therefore @SCREECH OF THE FARG s favorite beer

    Chincymcchilla on
    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

    But Corona tastes like the urine of satan after he's been eating asparagus.



    Start at 2:45

    rhylith on
    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
    BucketmanTankHammer
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Corona is the worst beer.

    Actually, Heineken is the worst beer. Corona is second worst.

    Neither of those are even close to the worst:

    caguamas_6pack_wbottle.jpg

    spono
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    but its got a turtle on it

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    sponoSlacker71
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

    But Corona tastes like the urine of satan after he's been eating asparagus.



    Start at 2:45

    I posted this in the beer thread yesterday.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pacifico and Sol are both decent options

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
    jgeisClint EastwoodLadaiTankHammer
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Corona is the beer you drink while on the beach after you already drank the good beer and all that is left are the six pack that one guy who showed up late brought and then never touched in favor of your more flavorful brews. And by then you don't mind, because you are likely sunburned, parched, and more than a little tipsy.

  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, the only time I can stomach Corona is when I'm already drunk and there are no other options.

    Then I will begrudgingly drink it. But I'll hate myself while I do it.

    HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

    https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • rhylithrhylith Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

    But Corona tastes like the urine of satan after he's been eating asparagus.



    Start at 2:45

    I posted this in the beer thread yesterday.

    Ggggggggghosted

    Rhylith - <Shambler Milk> Horde Chogall
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    There's the Beechwood Ages Peach Pumpkin Ale that was made in response to Budweiser's Superbowl commercial.

    If you look at the label, you'll notice the Griffins are riding the Clydesdales

    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

    Raijin Quickfoot
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I love my best friend to death, but when I tell him I'm at the super market and if I should pick him up anything, with a world of beer and craft beer at his finger tips, he almost always tells me to get him a six pack of corona.

    ...

    On second thought this may just be a devious plan on his part to ensure that no one takes his beers from the fridge.

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Wyatt Cenac is great

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Johnny ChopsockySlacker71
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Naphtali on
    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    EncGvzbgulBucketman
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    yall is

    beer snobs

    NaphtaliMysstPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANRaijin QuickfootTef
  • Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    Not everyone wants to get into the craft beer scene out spend the extra money on craft beer... I get that.

    But Corona tastes like the urine of satan after he's been eating asparagus.

    Nah, it's just the blandest, and most boring beer imaginable. It's not bad tasting. Bad tasting is acceptable as it means they were trying and missed.

    Corona does the highest of sins. It's not bad, it is dull.

    minirhydertynic
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Beer snob sneers never made sense to me. For one or two dollars more per six pack than the mass-market brews you can go from crap to pretty damn great. Wine classism is definitely a thing given that you often need to spend like 10-30 bucks to get to top-shelf quality, but beer is crazy cheep to get really good beer.

    We're talking like 10-45 cents a bottle more for most microbrews, with the very best being only a dollar or so more per bottle.

    It's the easiest thing in the world to upgrade on.

    minirhyderTankHammer
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Enc wrote: »
    Beer snob sneers never made sense to me. For one or two dollars more per six pack than the mass-market brews you can go from crap to pretty damn great. Wine classism is definitely a thing given that you often need to spend like 10-30 bucks to get to top-shelf quality, but beer is crazy cheep to get really good beer.

    We're talking like 10-45 cents a bottle more for most microbrews, with the very best being only a dollar or so more per bottle.

    It's the easiest thing in the world to upgrade on.

    What you seem to be not grasping is just because you (and I) consider it an upgrade doesn't mean everyone considers it an upgrade.

    My friend honestly feels that Corona is one of the tastier, refreshing beers out there. He enjoys other beers, but they aren't upgrades from Coronas for him.

    Inquisitor on
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    But...but how??

    Is it sort of like when you've eaten twinkies your whole life you're incapable of appreciating an eclair?

    minirhyder on
    Enc
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    It's sort of like different people have different tongues and enjoy different things.

    A truly shocking revelation, I know!

    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    But...but how??

    Is it sort of like when you've eaten twinkies your whole life you're incapable of appreciating an eclair?

    you know that taste is subjective right

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Do people really need to justify what they like to eat and drink?

    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

    Inquisitor
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Do people really need to justify what they like to eat and drink?

    Of course, its the internet.

    B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
    JasconiusStraightzi
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    dos equis is the only beer I enjoy. everything else I tolerate or dislike

    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Yeah, I can understand having a preference for a cheaper item, but 9 times out of 10 the beer snob comments are from folk who haven't tried different beers, especially beers in the same type category as the kind they like, and just deride higher quality production as snobbish. Especially when it comes to talking about the mass-market beers that the companies like Anheiseur Busch themselves admit are created on the cheap and care very little about the flavor of the finished product over producing massive quantities of it using as little ingredients as possible.

    It's more like saying people who eat beef are snobs because you have a preference for spam. Categorically, everything about the production and design of spam is inferior on a qualitative sense, and while some folk may absolutely love spam (and that's ok) being angry at people who point out spam is random meatfood product is wonky at best. So too with beers.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Like I make drinks that I think are absolutely vile and disgusting for people all the live long day.

    I don't labor under the assumption that they somehow think it is vile too and force themselves to enjoy it, or if magically if they drank what I like that they would think it's delicious.

    What I think this vile, they think is tasty. It's rather simple.

  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Yeah, I can understand having a preference for a cheaper item, but 9 times out of 10 the beer snob comments are from folk who haven't tried different beers, especially beers in the same type category as the kind they like, and just deride higher quality production as snobbish. Especially when it comes to talking about the mass-market beers that the companies like Anheiseur Busch themselves admit are created on the cheap and care very little about the flavor of the finished product over producing massive quantities of it using as little ingredients as possible.

    It's more like saying people who eat beef are snobs because you have a preference for spam. Categorically, everything about the production and design of spam is inferior on a qualitative sense, and while some folk may absolutely love spam (and that's ok) being angry at people who point out spam is random meatfood product is wonky at best. So too with beers.

    Yeah I can't imagine why you telling people "Oh sure, feel free to enjoy X, but you're wrong for enjoying it" would rub anyone the wrong way at all.

    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I know someone that genuinely enjoys Malort and drinks it everyday.

    at that point my world view on alcohol was shattered and I stopped trying to figure out why people drink what they drink.

    walrus.png
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    Right and wrong have nothing to do with it. The mass-market beers are poorly made using as many cut corners as possible to produce something that is vaguely like conventional beer. They do this because they can get away with it, and because they have enough money to market enough to have their customers feel like they are getting quality product when they are not. That isn't right or wrong, it's business. That doesn't change the fact that it's inferior quality beer. The US is pretty singular in this cituation given the way prohibition totally wrecked our beer producing industry for nearly a century and only in the last 20 years or so (due to lifting of numerous restrictions on small breweries) are we seeing what traditional beer products should look like (on a global sense) reemerging.

    If I replaced 50% of the flour in my bread with sawdust, it would be inferior bread. It's not a matter morality, but one of definition.

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    Right and wrong have nothing to do with it. The mass-market beers are poorly made using as many cut corners as possible to produce something that is vaguely like conventional beer. They do this because they can get away with it, and because they have enough money to market enough to have their customers feel like they are getting quality product when they are not. That isn't right or wrong, it's business. That doesn't change the fact that it's inferior quality beer. The US is pretty singular in this cituation given the way prohibition totally wrecked our beer producing industry for nearly a century and only in the last 20 years or so (due to lifting of numerous restrictions on small breweries) are we seeing what traditional beer products should look like (on a global sense) reemerging.

    If I replaced 50% of the flour in my bread with sawdust, it would be inferior bread. It's not a matter morality, but one of definition.

    No

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    There is no objective measure of the quality of a food or drink when it comes to taste

    None

    it is literally, entirely, 100% subjective

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    you can't say "this beer does not use the ingredients these other beers use, so it is worse"

    Based on what

    that the commonly accepted "good" beers use different ingredients

    who gives a shit

    if people like pbr the most then its the best beer for them

    your criteria make no sense

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Inquisitor
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    The FDA would disagree.

  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    The FDA would disagree.

    The FDA does not regulate taste in any way, so no, they wouldn't

    I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    InquisitorPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Also people can like things for many reasons, including associations with past experiences, etc.

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    destroyah87
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    A holiday for drinking? I thought St. Patty's Day was in March?

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    A holiday for drinking? I thought St. Patty's Day was in March?

    how Anglo-centric of you

    ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    19904925_10212110475210016_877199487209228783_n.jpg?oh=da06b077303b0c8114ab8b0fbb667c4f&oe=59C4B278

    "Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are smarter than one man. How's that again? I missed something" Lazarus Long

  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Like I make drinks that I think are absolutely vile and disgusting for people all the live long day.

    I don't labor under the assumption that they somehow think it is vile too and force themselves to enjoy it, or if magically if they drank what I like that they would think it's delicious.

    What I think this vile, they think is tasty. It's rather simple.

    But @Inquisitor, aren't the drinks you make being made for people who are being interrogated?

    Purge the unclean!

    kyrcl.png
  • POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    buncha smooth talkers trying to neg my beer in here?? fucked up

    vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Corona (and Corona Lite) are acceptable when you drown out their flavor with a lime slice. Landshark tastes exactly the same to me, which makes sense since that's exactly what they were aiming for.

2
Sign In or Register to comment.