As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Being a [Superhero] is as easy as playing Diablo!

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    I'm not... marvel heroes is still downloading! so now I am cheering myself up by watching Matt Murdock in Stardust instead.

Now I want to see Matt Murdock fight Stardust

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Oh man I didn't even notice the Hawkguy skin. That's pretty sweet.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    So what exactly is the hook with Marvel Heroes anyway? From what I've seen, it looks and seems to play like Ultimate Alliance?

Not saying that's a bad thing, but is that basically it?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    So what exactly is the hook with Marvel Heroes anyway? From what I've seen, it looks and seems to play like Ultimate Alliance?

Not saying that's a bad thing, but is that basically it?

It's basically Diablo.

You run around killing tons of bad guys to get loot.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Promo art of Cap in Civil War dropped, it is basically the same suit from AoU (which is good because it is his best outfit) with some of the red removed, most notably around the chest star

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Is there a reason they change the costumes for everyone every movie

I don't really like or dislike it it just seems needless

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular

Let me tell you about action figures

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Sell new toys

• Options
    Also why don't you just wear the exact same shirt and pants every day

• Options
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I have modeled myself exactly after the Simpsons, in that I wear the exact same outfit every day for 20 years except for holiday specials

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    How do you know I don't?

I learned all of my life lessons from Scooby Doo

Maddoc on
  • Options

I do :(

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Promo art of Cap in Civil War dropped, it is basically the same suit from AoU (which is good because it is his best outfit) with some of the red removed, most notably around the chest star

This is good

The AoU costume is my favorite so far, but it could probably stand to be simplified just a little bit, so removing some of the red is a good call

• Options
    fbiqwjaf1zoy.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cap needs to be red white and blue

I will grudgingly accept that, as a full package, his AoU costume is his best

But what I really want is for them to go back to his Avengers costume and tweak that and fix the helmet

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Still like his WW2 battle outfit the best

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Cap needs to be red white and blue

I will grudgingly accept that, as a full package, his AoU costume is his best

But what I really want is for them to go back to his Avengers costume and tweak that and fix the helmet
    I mean they didn't remove all of the red

Just some of the extraneous piping
    uirtswn4nas7.jpg

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey
    are the Guardians going to show up in Infinity War?

there is about a 100% chance they'll show up in either part one or part two

I'd wager most characters they've introduced find their way in there at some point

AoU spoilers
    I'm hoping pretty hard that Wanda gets her hands on a gem at some point and brings my boy Pietro back
    I hope this doesn't happen
    and I love Pietro

Dude should stay dead

These movies need to have some kind of stakes and every major non-villain death has been either reversed or revealed to be a lie

Like, I actually do agree with you there.
    I'm just really annoyed that they finally introduced a character that I really like, and then pretty much immediately killed him. As I said over in the movie thread, I would have been happy with nearly anybody else dying there.

I was really hoping that Banner was going to be the character to die. It would have fit pretty well with his arc.

Although obviously I wanted Iron Man dead the most, I just knew that wasn't going to happen.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Marvel Heroes seems fun. Unlocking new heroes seems confusing though.

Can you friend people in this? I'm going by my usual name.

Not playing right this second as we are watching Flash but will be on later.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Watching the flash.
    Legit question.
    If you knew your future son or grandson was going to be evil, would you punch yourself in the nuts?

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Watching the flash.
    Legit question.
    If you knew your future son or grandson was going to be evil, would you punch yourself in the nuts?

I want to see
    Caitlyn give Barry a quick how-to on a vasectomy and when they find Eddie, have him speed in and snip him super quick. Boom, no more Eobard problem.

• Options
    Was it already discussed that Joss Whedon went into some detail of his conflicts with Marvel?

The article is a little vague about it to avoid too many spoilers, actual Ultron spoilers here
    Apparently Marvel forced the "Thor's vision quest" plot into the movie to set up future films against Joss Whedon's wishes

When Whedon pushed back against including that plot for both time and coherence, Marvel threatened to cut the entire Barton family thread, as well as all of the Scarlet Witch-induced dream sequences that Whedon was particularly fond of, forcibly making time and room for the Thor stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    fbiqwjaf1zoy.jpg

what's Captain Lance doing there in the bottom left

• Options

You can unlock them either with Eternity Splinters, a free currency that drops every now and then, or with real money

However, there are also a whole bunch of free heroes you can play up to level 10 right off the bat, after which you can pick one of them to unlock fully

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Was it already discussed that Joss Whedon went into some detail of his conflicts with Marvel?

The article is a little vague about it to avoid too many spoilers, actual Ultron spoilers here
    Apparently Marvel forced the "Thor's vision quest" plot into the movie to set up future films against Joss Whedon's wishes

When Whedon pushed back against including that plot for both time and coherence, Marvel threatened to cut the entire Barton family thread, as well as all of the Scarlet Witch-induced dream sequences that Whedon was particularly fond of, forcibly making time and room for the Thor stuff

So
    instead we get a plot point that pretty much everyone agrees felt really half-assed and rushed, not to mention confusing as to why it was even there.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

You can unlock them either with Eternity Splinters, a free currency that drops every now and then, or with real money

However, there are also a whole bunch of free heroes you can play up to level 10 right off the bat, after which you can pick one of them to unlock fully

Yeah I am giving Storm a whirl at the moment.

GET IT?

I do want to try She-Hulk and Psylocke soon, but you can have multiple characters on your roster anyway right so no rush.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Hey
    are the Guardians going to show up in Infinity War?
    there is about a 100% chance they'll show up in either part one or part two

I'd wager most characters they've introduced find their way in there at some point
    AoU spoilers
    I'm hoping pretty hard that Wanda gets her hands on a gem at some point and brings my boy Pietro back
    I hope this doesn't happen
    and I love Pietro

Dude should stay dead

These movies need to have some kind of stakes and every major non-villain death has been either reversed or revealed to be a lie
    I love Pietro as well but I really don't want the MCU to become 616, where people die but not really or die really but come back some other way. I mean, the comics wanna maintain names and titles and headliners; that's fine, I get that, and I accept it as part of comic books in general. I don't think it's necessary for the MCU.

If he does come back somehow, it could be as a resurrection-gone-wrong and he turns out to be a villain or something and ends up dead again. Which is only slightly less lame than him coming back whole.
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    I think the problem isn't that resurrection inherently devalues their death, it's that the method of resurrection is treated as having little to no cost. Like I know some people dislike Wanda for House of M, but that was some serious shit to bring some people back and had long term consequences. Compare it to the end of Godbomb where they make a joke about that being the ninth time Thor had died that he could remember, and his death is quite literally hand waved away by King Thor.
    Like, I actually do agree with you there.
    I'm just really annoyed that they finally introduced a character that I really like, and then pretty much immediately killed him. As I said over in the movie thread, I would have been happy with nearly anybody else dying there.

I was really hoping that Banner was going to be the character to die. It would have fit pretty well with his arc.

Although obviously I wanted Iron Man dead the most, I just knew that wasn't going to happen.

My thoughts on all this:
    I'd be down with a scene where she gets ahold of the Aether and goes a little crazy. She brings Pietro back, but that's not good enough and she wants to do a lot more. Pietro is there with her, but ends up convincing her to not only not destroy stuff, but to also let him stay dead.

That way we get Pietro back, we get a great scene between the two characters, and I don't feel like it devalues death or anything because it's an epic cosmic macguffin being used to accomplish it. I feel like you can do that with enough gravity that it's clearly a very big fucking deal and not just "oh yeah we'll bring him back nbd."

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options

Yeah I am giving Storm a whirl at the moment.

GET IT?

I do want to try She-Hulk and Psylocke soon, but you can have multiple characters on your roster anyway right so no rush.

Yeah, you can have every character unlocked and switch to them more or less on command, so you can take your time and focus on one character

• Options
    I have an honest-to-god spreadsheet keeping track on which characters I have unlocked on each of my 4 Marvel Heroes accounts

One account has Jean Grey, Punisher, and Star-Lord

another has Black Panther, Hawkeye, Rocket Raccoon, and Silver Surfer

another has Daredevil, Iron Man, and Scarlet Witch

and the last one has Black Widow, Captain America, and Taskmaster

i am an impatient person

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I know Feige was talking about a Marvel Studios film (and not Sony) when he was talking about Adam McKay, but he did say he's "up for everything"

Why not put McKay on Spidey?

• Options
    edited May 2015
    And then some crazy people own every character and level them all

Like me

Maddoc on
  • Options
    I own...lots of heroes

When I started playing they were doing this big buy one get one and I think even discounting how much their funbux cost, so I went to town and unlocked ALL OF THE SUPERHEROES

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    Watching the flash.
    Legit question.

I want to see
    Caitlyn give Barry a quick how-to on a vasectomy and when they find Eddie, have him speed in and snip him super quick. Boom, no more Eobard problem.

I'm not positive, but I don't think that's how time travel works in this show

• Options
    Bunches nerds in here with these video games n shit.

• Options
    So is it possible to access all characters via playing the game? Or will dollars eventually need dropping?

I ask because I always play as ladies in all games where that is an option and I would like to unlock all the ladies.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Secret Wars #1 was really good and exactly what you would expect a proper end of days for the Marvel/Ultimate Universe would be
    My favorite bit was Fisk, Osborn, Bullseye, etc. all hanging out at a bar and watching the heroes get their asses kicked as the world ends

Then Punisher walks in

Also the heroes that survive in the life raft and assumedly remember the proper reality outside of Battleworld are:
    Spider-Man
    Star-Lord
    Captain Marvel
    Reed Richards
    Black Panther
    Thor
    And Cyclops who is once again The Phoenix

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »

So
    instead we get a plot point that pretty much everyone agrees felt really half-assed and rushed, not to mention confusing as to why it was even there.

Well the plot point we got wasn't actually half assed or rushed either, the hilarious thing is, that plot point that they wanted to badly was edited down and cut all to hell so they didn't even let him include all of it. What was supposed to happen is...
    Thor goes to that spring and enters it to get possessed by a Norn, a sort of Norse version of the Fates from Greek Mythology. They govern the destinies of men. Selvig was there to question the Norn that was going to possess Thor.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Ant-Man suit might become my favourite MCU costume. The colours are great, it has relatively clean and simple lines compared to some other costumes, and the helmet which often looks a little silly in the comics is really rad.

Yellowjacket looks great, too, but I have to see some more of the costume.

• Options
    So is it possible to access all characters via playing the game? Or will dollars eventually need dropping?

I ask because I always play as ladies in all games where that is an option and I would like to unlock all the ladies.

You can unlock every hero via the eternity splinters

But it would take two or three forevers

This discussion has been closed.