Options

GOG.com | AI are creating hyper-detailed HD Kilrathi hair

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Stronghold HD and A.D. 2044 are free for 48 hours from a link on the front page of GoG.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Stronghold HD and A.D. 2044 are free for 48 hours from a link on the front page of GoG.

Thanks for the heads up. I have no idea what A.D. 2044 is, but all the game goodies are in polish.

3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    The GOG Halloween Sale started today. Not much on my wishlist that's on sale but if the sale tends towards horror games, that makes sense.

It also says that new games have been added to GOG Connect but it's not showing any games for me. Is anyone else seeing any games there?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    The GOG Halloween Sale started today. Not much on my wishlist that's on sale but if the sale tends towards horror games, that makes sense.

It also says that new games have been added to GOG Connect but it's not showing any games for me. Is anyone else seeing any games there?

I have 5 showing up: Deadly Premonition, Nosferatu, Shattered Haven, Sunless Sea, and The Void.

• Options

I'm seeing 29 games. But already have one of them apparently.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I have 5 showing up: Deadly Premonition, Nosferatu, Shattered Haven, Sunless Sea, and The Void.

Also SOMA and Hand of Fate for me.

• Options
    Huh. I'm still seeing none, and from what I can tell, I should qualify for at least 3 of them (sunless sea, 1 amnesia game and deadly premonition). I might have to get a canuck to see if any show up for them. Maybe it's a regional thing.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    If I get all the old D&D games on sale, will they be as awesome as my 14 year old self remembers them?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    If I get all the old D&D games on sale, will they be as awesome as my 14 year old self remembers them?

I found that all games are awesome as when I originally played them.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

I bought that pack. I can give you a link if you want to download one of the games and give it a test run before you buy.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Yeah. That D&D bundle looks like a steal.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Those games are hard yo. While it doesn't seem to be on sale, I will forever preach the brilliance of Wizardry 8. It's a huge step beyond previous games of the series and bolder than anything the Japanese spin-offs and their clones ever did with the genre and it bums me out that Sirtech died with it.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    1. Syberia is free now.

2. https://www.gog.com/news/release_rise_of_the_dragon

WTF?! When!? How?! WHO!?

(I have the Sega CD version, but this is still really cool.)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Never played that game before so added it to my wishlist. Thanks for the head's up on Syberia. Bought it on disc long ago but never played it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    1. Syberia is free now.

2. https://www.gog.com/news/release_rise_of_the_dragon

WTF?! When!? How?! WHO!?

(I have the Sega CD version, but this is still really cool.)

They also added the Syberia games to GoG Connect.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Never played that game before so added it to my wishlist. Thanks for the head's up on Syberia. Bought it on disc long ago but never played it.

It's a very unforgiving cyberpunk point'n'click. You can get a game over from leaving the apartment without getting dressed.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    GOG is having a Black Friday sale that includes a free copy of MDK for anyone that wants it.

You also get a free copy of StarCrawlers if you spend +US$15. Right now I'm going through my GOG wishlist and checking what I can get for $15 because StarCrawlers looks freaking awesome.

Man, I wish Ruiner was included in their sale.

Ed Gruberman on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    Thanks for posting this. Time to go buy games on my wishlist.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    GOG is having a Black Friday sale that includes a free copy of MDK for anyone that wants it.

You also get a free copy of StarCrawlers if you spend +US$15. Right now I'm going through my GOG wishlist and checking what I can get for $15 because StarCrawlers looks freaking awesome.

Man, I wish Ruiner was included in their sale.

StarCrawlers is in fact freaking amazing. A bit grindy, but given the size of the team that produced it, some top notch gaming in space with an old Toney 'gridder' feel.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    @iolo you seem to know stuff. One reason I want StarCrawlers on GOG is because it seems like a good game to play for quick breaks at work. Would that be accurate or does it require like a 30 minute session? How pick-up-and-play is it?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    @iolo you seem to know stuff. One reason I want StarCrawlers on GOG is because it seems like a good game to play for quick breaks at work. Would that be accurate or does it require like a 30 minute session? How pick-up-and-play is it?

You can save and quit mid-mission, so short playtimes are cool.

It's a very hub-and-mission focused game, and the missions run from half-an-hour to a couple-of-hours in length, in my experience.

So, pretty much ideal for what you're looking for?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    MDK is such a great game. I grabbed the GOG version just now to compare to a CD re-release I bought back in 2003-2004. The disc version I have seems to be an earlier version. The intro videos and the menu music are completely different from the GOG version. In the Performance section, the rating for my disc version caps out at 180 something, whereas the GOG version caps out at 480 something. This is what lead me to believe I have an earlier version. I also have a MDK Direct3D executable whereas the GOG version uses 3dfx's glide. I wasn't even aware there was a glide version.

TelMarine on
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Descent and Descent II are back

EDIT: And Descent 3

TelMarine on
  • Options
    I'm torn wanting to buy them. On one hand they're back and I want to thank them for it (missed it before). But on the other hand they are more expensive than before. Well not if you buy all three, but I'm on the fence.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I remember when we had a PC built back in the early 2000s and the gpu at the time came with MDK2 and some racing game called I think e-racer. Didn't play too much of the racing game, but played a lot of MDK2. Great game, but never played the first one. Looking forward to trying it out.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    https://www.gog.com/promo/20171130_launch_promo_epic_games

They added both Jazz Jackrabbit games and Epic Pinball to GOG. Good stuff.

• Options
    I wonder if we'll see One Must Fall 2097 soon.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Isorn wrote: »
    https://www.gog.com/promo/20171130_launch_promo_epic_games

They added both Jazz Jackrabbit games and Epic Pinball to GOG. Good stuff.

Yessss! I've been waiting for these to show up.

And they include holiday hare too just in time for Christmas.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Also, XCOM: The Bureau is free right now.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular

The publisher made OMF2097 freeware in 1999. It runs in DOSBox!

https://archive.org/details/OneMustFall2097

Sadly, the sequel was completely different and reportedly awful. It's unlikely there's much demand for GOG to pick it up.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    On Must Fall was amazing. I played the shit out of the limited shareware version.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I actually quite liked OMF Battlegrounds! It did some really interesting things and seemed very promising prerelease (I was one of the people participating in testing it), but they ran out of budget, the team was just too small and they ended up nerfing all HARs' specials in the name of balance pre-release rather than balancing them as a whole, taking away what made them special.

It was a disappointingly similar experience to what happened with Overgrowth.

Also, good luck getting OMF:BG running on a current PC, I failed last time I tried.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Dune and Dune II are at the top of my wish list for GoG stuff, but I'm not sure if they're going by the requests list any longer or just wait for publishers to come to them.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    On Must Fall was amazing. I played the shit out of the limited shareware version.

I had the full version (yay, BBSes!) but yeah, I also played it a crap ton. That game had pretty much everything I loved about the Mortal Kombat series with a cool almost Mechwarrior-y vibe to it. I actually still have it on my hard drive today.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Just thought I'd mention this (just saw it a couple minutes ago)...

GOG has Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition up for $10 (that's 50% off regular price).

EDIT - what in the whatwhat? Looks like GOG done goofed with the sale. I reloaded the page and the price went back to the non-sale $20. Anyways, broke the URL...nothing to see here.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    GOG has just started their Winter Sale and you can get Grim Fandango for free. Just click the Get it free button on the banner on the homepage: https://www.gog.com/

steam_sig.png

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited December 2017
    GOG has just started their Winter Sale and you can get Grim Fandango for free. Just click the Get it free button on the banner on the homepage: https://www.gog.com/

The Remastered Version, even. Or did they ever even sell the old one?

Hard West is free with a $15 purchase as well.

Or you can spend $3 and get a random game up to ~$20.

captaink on
  • Options
    They've also added a bunch of games to http://gog.com/connect

Q5hsNgh.png?1

steam_sig.png

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Seems a good time, then, to grab the deal in INSIDE for $10. Then hunt for another sub-$11 game and I get free goodies to go with it(!)

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    GoG Connect is such a delightful windfall every time it adds new games. Almost feels like stealing. :)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2