As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GOG.com | AI are creating hyper-detailed HD Kilrathi hair

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Now is a good time to snap up The Golden Wake at 75% off, it's biggest ever discount. It's a Wadeye Jet Games adventure where you play a realtor in 1920's America and schmooze and scheme with crooked politicians and gangsters. Sounds kinda fun and for AU$5 a no-brainer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    @Lindsay Lohan - it looks like there isn't an Kyrandia bundle but they have a bunch of Kyrandia games up for sale now.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up - super cheap too!

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Dang. The prospect of free Xenonauts is actually succeeding in making me buy games that I probably shouldn't. I already spent $25 on the first day.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Picked up 7th Guest and 11th Hour yesterday for $3, today I'm eyeing Toonstruck at half off.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Little Big Adventure 1&2 for a 80p each, can't argue with that.

• Options
    CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    They're giving Battle Realms for free for the next 32-ish hours...so go grab it even if you already have it (they'll give you a giftable key).

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Eff the Steam sale, GOG has all the stuff I want... The Last Express for under $2? Yum.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Yeah I've already spent a load on the GOG sale. <3

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    GOG HAS ARCANUM FOR 1 DOLLAR AND FIFTY CENTS.

I SWEAR TO GOD ALL YOU MOFO'S BETTER OWN THAT SHIT, LIKE NOW.

• Options
    That Soldak ARPG bundle is a crazy good deal.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    GOG HAS ARCANUM FOR 1 DOLLAR AND FIFTY CENTS.

I SWEAR TO GOD ALL YOU MOFO'S BETTER OWN THAT SHIT, LIKE NOW.
    Drake wrote: »
    That Soldak ARPG bundle is a crazy good deal.

Done and done.
    Also the Ultima bundle, because I'm weak and wanted a free game.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Last Express get, and I got Sim City 2000 for free. That was nice of them.

I missed Grimrock II, but maybe it'll be back. :( Was tempted by Trails in the Sky, but I still have the PSP version.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Last Express get, and I got Sim City 2000 for free. That was nice of them.

I missed Grimrock II, but maybe it'll be back. :( Was tempted by Trails in the Sky, but I still have the PSP version.

PC version so much better. Get!

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I love it when I already own every item in a bundle expect one, so I still get the full discount.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Startopia and Septerra Core are both on sale and both hold some very fond childhood memories. Even though I could spot Septerra's gameplay flaws even back when I was a less critical gamer.

Real tempted to pick them up again, just for old time's sake.

• Options
    The bizarre cheekbone and chin modeling of the Septerra Core characters always bugged me. There's stylistic choice and then there's "what the fuck is that thing?"

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I keep hoping Dragon Lore will go on sale and I keep getting disappointed. I've been wanting to play it again recently and don't feel like digging out my discs.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Being completely broke is oddly freeing.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The whole Might and Magic bundle is really tempting, even though I know there's no way in hell I'm ever going to play through all those. I'm trying to play through the whole ultima series and that's already kind of stalled out.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I find it funny that GOG has the Angry Video Game Nerd Movie but not the game based on it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    breton-brawlerbreton-brawler Registered User regular
    Ok I did it. I finally gave in to the deals. after seeing a few of the earlier ones I wanted pop up again I pulled the trigger, I took a flier on Defcon, and the last federation. The previews made them look very enjoyable. And I can finally cyberpunk forever with shadowrun! pretty hyped.
    Man, if they ever put tie fighter or x wing on sale my wallet will be deconstructed :twisted:

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    All of the Leisure Suit Larry games for less than $5. Very tempting.

MCL actually wasn't all that bad. It wasn't really a LSL game, which gave it a lot of hate, but I thought it was pretty funny at times and enjoyed it enough to finish it when it came out (I also really like boobs).

• Options
    Oh my god, after years, this finally hit me why it looks so familiar:

65900e4825a696835979b4edee83071ba85c900b.jpg

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I would love to see a modern game really lean on digitized images.

Imagine the tech from L.A. Noir or Forbidden Siren leveraged in a RPG.

• Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

http://www.gog.com/game/tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure ?

• Options
    Picked up 7th Guest and 11th Hour yesterday for $3, today I'm eyeing Toonstruck at half off.

I really burned myself out on the Trilobyte stuff back in the day.

It would be great if someone did a remake of 7th Guest. It always felt half cooked.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Krathoon wrote: »

http://www.gog.com/game/tesla_effect_a_tex_murphy_adventure ?

Ah. Yes. I need to finish that one.

Also,

WHEN THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN!?!

A spiritual successor to Neverhood.

http://www.gog.com/game/armikrog

They also got a windows version of Pegasus Prime.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Man, what a rip off. I bought the LSL collection and it didn't come with LSL4. That's the only one I could never find.
    :P

• Options
    Man, what a rip off. I bought the LSL collection and it didn't come with LSL4. That's the only one I could never find.
    :D The kids will never know.

• Options
    edited June 2015

Feel free to add your vote to the GOG community wish list.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/leisure_suit_larry_4_case_of_the_missing_floppies
    :bzz:

Donnicton on
  • Options
    Wing Commander bundle today. All of the games for less than $10.

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Through no fault of my own I may have unlocked a free copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky, one which I have no use for (due to already owning it on every platform ever).

Loading...?

For anyone still unfamiliar, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are buggy little gems, well worth a look. Clear Sky is maybe the least of them, but that's just like saying it's the smallest of three emeralds. And it's free!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    Anybody played the Drod games? I've never heard of them, but their genre is listed as 'Roleplaying - turn based - puzzle' which kind of arouses and intrigues me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Role Playing is a huge stretch. I guess if you think a fantasy setting and dungeons constitutes role playing then sure.

They are basically straight up puzzle games. Really pretty neat though if you like that kind of thing. They are well designed.

• Options
    Looks like all of the previous bundles are back on sale.

• Options
    I still haven't gotten Monkey Island 2 or Fate of Atlantis(my first point'n'click game ever), but for like $6 more you get the whole shebang... not sure if want.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Started 7th Guest last night, I've been really enjoying it up until it decided that one of the 'puzzles' was going to be just playing othello against the computer. Now I don't know if I even want to finish it.

sig.gif
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited June 2015
    You can just have the game solve puzzles for you if you don't want to do them. I think if you go to the library and ask for a hint 3 times it asks you if you want to just skip it (can't recall if that's 7th Guest or 11th Hour, but I'm guessing they both have that mechanic).

[edit] Is that the cell puzzle in the laboratory? I believe that puzzle is more or less unwinnable on modern machines without artificial slowdown (no idea if the GoG version addresses that).

Glal on
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Yup. The puzzle's AI speed is based on your processor speed, so anything newer than actual dos makes the game impossible. But you can use the guidebook to just skip it. Don't worry. it's the only puzzle in the game like that.

heenato on
    M A G I K A Z A M