As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Online ticket sites can't keep up with the [Star Wars] hype. New trailer in OP!

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    So I'm reading Aftermath. I

Hmm

This is legit bad writing. I pine for Stackpole at this point.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    souls burn clean, it's a good fuel choice if you can get it in supply.

Burning Souls of the Damned: Emission-Free, For All Eternity!™

Well, they're not 100% emission-free. There's all the noise pollution from the screaming and wailing.

you can sound proof it well enough, evacuate the chamber at a safe distance. It's collecting the souls that's the dirty part.

• BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I just noticed the Clone Wars star destroyers look weirdly like Jar Jar.

latest?cb=20120913231022

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Secret shame
    I actually kind of like Jar Jar episodes of The Clone Wars

I liked them for every moment Jar Jar wasn't on screen. Some of them had some good plots and shit, but fuck me Jar Jar is just an absolutely painful character to watch.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Every time Jar Jar does something astoundingly stupid or clumsy, I wonder why anyone ever lets him near anything remotely important. I mean, yes, it's a show made for children, but Jar Jar's a bit much.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I feel like the Jar Jar and R2/3PO episodes were part of some quota they had to fill. "X number of episodes must be aimed at children, feel free to go hog wild with crazy shit for the rest of them" kinda thing, because the show was pretty goddamn dark when they didn't feature.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Look, the children love Jar-Jar, Jar-Jar is the lynchpin of the whole series, without Jar-Jar the prequels would have been total failures and if you can't bring yourself to stop disparaging Jar-Jar then Skywalker Ranch has some pretty big rose bushes you know what I mean

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Look, the children love Jar-Jar, Jar-Jar is the lynchpin of the whole series, without Jar-Jar the prequels would have been total failures and if you can't bring yourself to stop disparaging Jar-Jar then Skywalker Ranch has some pretty big rose bushes you know what I mean

The true scene you were not meant to see
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLACxMXBRhM

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Morkath wrote: »
    It gets worse.

Also for murderous droids, see the rebels show
    Chopper straight up murders, throws out of a moving spaceship while a couple hundred feet above the ground and going full speed, a droid that just helped saved some of the crews lives. Because he was jealous.

tbf, rebels never tries to pretend that chopper isn't an asshole

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Secret shame

I liked them for every moment Jar Jar wasn't on screen. Some of them had some good plots and shit, but fuck me Jar Jar is just an absolutely painful character to watch.

See, that's where the shame lies

I like the Jar Jar stuff just fine

For some reason it works for me in a way it didn't in the movies

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Secret shame

See, that's where the shame lies

I like the Jar Jar stuff just fine

For some reason it works for me in a way it didn't in the movies

because the series acknowledges that jar jar is a goddamn fuckup, and everybody knows it

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Really enjoying the original trilogy Infinity stuff. One thing I wish it had were alternate costumes for the player figures. Running around as Han in his vest and shirt on Hoth just feels really cold.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    That is incredibly stupid, and I like it.

Still waiting for the inevitable Kingdom Hearts III expansions.
    So I'm reading Aftermath. I

Hmm

This is legit bad writing. I pine for Stackpole at this point.

On the plus side, the sixty page Battlefront Novel preview is great, I have high expectations for it.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    There is a slightly raised heel in comparison to the other troopers, but that is still a boot.

That was

uh

The tone of this was kind of tough for me to read.

"Bizarre" I think is the word I want.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Really enjoying the original trilogy Infinity stuff. One thing I wish it had were alternate costumes for the player figures. Running around as Han in his vest and shirt on Hoth just feels really cold.

Well here's where they get you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DodLgWMyu2A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolJ-7LZDm0
    You gotta get the $10 power disk pack to get these

You also get a flyable Y-Wing and Slave I

6F32U1X.png
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I bought both Star Wars power disc packs just so my Galactic Hall of Heroes could eventually be completely filled out

I am the worst

• Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Jar Jar is a quest giver in the Twilight of the Republic play set for Disney Infinity.

No, the game won't let you kill him.

kyrcl.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

this is like

buzzfeed: the trailer

also: super classy using the lion king music on that shot of john boyega

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Well here's where they get you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DodLgWMyu2A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oolJ-7LZDm0
    You gotta get the $10 power disk pack to get these

You also get a flyable Y-Wing and Slave I

Okay cool. I'll probably get that just to support their change to not having the discs be random and in blind packages. The sets were sold out when I got my figures.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

this is like

buzzfeed: the trailer

also: super classy using the lion king music on that shot of john boyega

I thought the same thing, but I'm going to hope it was just because of james earl jones as mufasa/vader.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Princess Leia's 'Slave Bikini' sold for $96,000 at auction
    CNN wrote:
    "Slave Leia's" bikini -- a slinky costume originally worn by Carrie Fisher in "The Return of the Jedi" -- fetched a whooping $96,000 at auction Friday. The outfit was one of the most highly anticipated articles in the "Profiles of History" online auction. Bidding for the costume opened at $80,000 on October 1. The winning bidder was not named.

kyrcl.png
    so $16k over the opening meh
    I wonder what other things were in the Profiles of history auction?

edited October 2015
    I want to show this
    millennium-falcon-hot-toys-1-6-scale.jpg?fit=945%2C9999
    11694816_10207426247236790_8784021574413177741_n.jpg
    hot-toys-millenium-falcon1.jpg

That is a 1/6 scale Millennium Falcon
    They {hot toys} are really making a 1/6 scale cockpit from it for sale next year
    a2ad77343163ad7b2754fe8ce2d73879.jpg
    IMG_4567.jpg

Brainleech on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Holy shitballs, a 1/6th scale Falcon.

I'm moist.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    When scrolling down for a second I thought the people in the first picture were standing on a balcony above a 1:1 replica of the Falcon in some kind of amusement park.

1:6 is still cool though.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    If Disney doesn't build a 1-1 scale falcon for their theme parks they are goddamn fools.

Also a full detailed replica of the Cantina. Complete with severed alien arm.

I think they should build mos eisley to have both the Falcon and the Cantina as a attraction in the theme park

• hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    If Disney doesn't build a 1-1 scale falcon for their theme parks they are goddamn fools.

When they do their Star Wars park, they should have these two restaurants at the very least:
    1) a Mos Eisley Cantina
    2) a nice sit-down restaurant set in Cloud City (when the check comes, there's a little picture of Darth Vader and it says "this is the bill, pray we do not alter it further")

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

Oh shit, a full size Falcon replica which is a ride - you fly it via Occulus Rift!

Oh shit, a full size Falcon replica which is a ride - you fly it via Occulus Rift!

I'm hoping for a Space Mountain indoors-coaster using the second Death Star, personally. Give the handholds little buttons the rider can press to "fire" torpedos at the core, and at the end you can see if it was your shot that blew up the Death Star.

I have ideas about the Star Wars park, friends

@hoodiethirteen
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Disney should also build a 1:1 galactic senate

And do the that thing that have with nascar cars but with pod racers

Also a little station where you can get your midichlorians tested

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Disney should also build a 1:1 galactic senate

And do the that thing that have with nascar cars but with pod racers

Also a little station where you can get your midichlorians tested

Oh shit the NASCAR but pod-racers is a GREAT idea!

@hoodiethirteen
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    If there's not a carnival style shooting gallery where I can bullseye womprats, then why even go?

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular

I remember reading somewhere that the Falcon interiors is inconsistent or physically impossible somehow. They might not be able to perfectly replicate it.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I remember reading somewhere that the Falcon interiors is inconsistent or physically impossible somehow. They might not be able to perfectly replicate it.

nah man its fine

its just bigger on the inside

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    A Galactic Senate version of the Hall of Presidents at EPCOT.

Senators Amidala and Organa can tell you about peace through compromise!
    Listen to Senator Palpatine stress the importance of the Republic's strong military!
    Hear Senator Binks apologize for being the worst!
    E.T.'s species is there way in the background but are never acknowledged!

It'll be a great place to sit and enjoy the air conditioning while those smoked dewback ribs settle in your stomach.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Battlefront beta goes live at 1 PM EST today

6F32U1X.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I've levelled up to level three.

I've only played the first skirmish thingie, I'm bad at it, but it seems fun.

Blake T on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I've shot some storm troopers

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
This discussion has been closed.