As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This is the Australia Thread. ytrap tsinummoc eht nioj

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pimento wrote: »
    That would be the sensible, mature thing to do.

Have it sent by drone! Whee!

That's simultaneously a terrible idea, and yet not totally impossible.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

Just don't be the guy who flew a drone over the White House and then got tackled by the secret service.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

Just don't be the guy who flew a drone over the White House and then got tackled by the secret service.
    well I mean

I'll be in africa so they're unlikely to successfully tackle me.

• Options

well I mean

I'll be in africa so they're unlikely to successfully tackle me.

You can never be too careful

• Options
    also I was under the impression it was not wise to speak german in Namibia because the germans had some unfortunate genocidal impulses in the region back in the early 20th century, but apparently it's positively encouraged and will help cross some language barriers. Also you can buy totally unironic nazi memorabilia in the gift shops.

Gonna be a weird trip.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hey so @Botznoy, @chrishallett83, and @Vivixenne

Lucinda's exam timetable comes out on the 13th of may, so, in two days. That will pretty definitively say whether I will be coming or not, and whether there will be extra tickets available. So far, since the spots seem like they won't be going to waste, it looks like I am probably going to be going to Iceland instead, but the exam timetable would, if it's on a certain day, say definitively no.

Apologies for being silent these last few days.

• Options
    KincaidKincaid You're standing on my neck KuwaitRegistered User regular
    Turnbull named in Panama papers

Well, this will be fun to watch

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    It'll be very quiet to watch.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    These new BBQ Shapes are fine

I can't remember the old ones tasting any different

• Options
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    These new BBQ Shapes are fine

I can't remember the old ones tasting any different

They've gotten to you, too, huh

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The new BBQ shapes taste like awfulness concentrated into a hexagon

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    Kettle chilli chips is the king of snack food anyway, so as long as they don't fuck with them, I'll survive. It was a long, dark time between Murphy's chilli chips and Kettle bringing back the light and the salvation, I'm not sure I could handle that again.

• Options
    I won't lie, I'm also a fan of the $2 Coles brand chips for when I need a quick snack fix.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I won't lie, I'm also a fan of the $2 Coles brand chips for when I need a quick snack fix.

Wha?! They're 2.50 up here at Chatswood! *grumbleswear*

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    Now looks like we're leaving for Africa before the ballots are sent out, so no chance of getting one before I go. And no reply from the AEC about alternative voting options. Debating getting my ballot couriered to and from the consulate in Windhoek.

... The ridiculous thing is I'm enrolled in a safe labour seat. But if I have to spend all year watching America go completely bonkers, I want to at least blow my democratic wad on some piece of paper or other.

• Options
    Now looks like we're leaving for Africa before the ballots are sent out, so no chance of getting one before I go. And no reply from the AEC about alternative voting options. Debating getting my ballot couriered to and from the consulate in Windhoek.

... The ridiculous thing is I'm enrolled in a safe labour seat. But if I have to spend all year watching America go completely bonkers, I want to at least blow my democratic wad on some piece of paper or other.

Before I left I informed the AEC that I wouldn't be in town and voting for the next ever, so if it helps think of it as your non-vote and mine cancelling each other out.

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »

Before I left I informed the AEC that I wouldn't be in town and voting for the next ever, so if it helps think of it as your non-vote and mine cancelling each other out.

I like voting!

• Options
    I'd like voting more if I got one of those election day snags.

I'm reasonably sure Blake is making the whole concept up.

• Options
    Kincaid wrote: »
    I'd like voting more if I got one of those election day snags.

I'm reasonably sure Blake is making the whole concept up.

... where on earth have you been living that you don't have election day sausage sizzles.

• Options
    Malvern, Victoria. I guess snags aren't kosher?

• Options
    I'd complain to someone, if I were you.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I go to a different polling place of there are no sausages.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    There was one bizarre voting day up here a while back when barely any of the polling places had sausage sizzles.

The NT News and local radio stations had a field day with that.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Hey so yeah turns out Lucinda wouldn't be able to come since her exams are during when the getaway thing is. So I guess I'm going to Iceland

@Botznoy if you want the places, they are yours

To everyone else, if it turns out that our places aren't getting used up, and I've caused you all to pay extra I will make it up to all of you.

@Vivixenne I will specifically make things up to you, since I've caused you a bunch of inconvenience regardless.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    all good mate

and yes @Botznoy given that the only reason you and your partner couldn't confirm your attendance before the deadline was a technical issue, you get first refusal

if you can't make it then the spots will be offered to Chris and his partner

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    And if that doesn't work, I'll bring the dogs! All is well.

• Options
    Update: Namibian consulate no fucking help at all.

• Options
    AmyAmy Registered User regular
    I can confirm that Chris and I will be able to come to Margaret River. Only issue is that as everything is changing for me at work I will be uncomfortable asking for time off. I will have a new direct boss, new tasks etc etc. That means Chris and I will most likely travel to Margs separately (on the journey to Margs). As I can only use my phone to read forums and there are soo many pages could I ask the details be messaged to me so I can't accidentally get them wrong? Otherwise I will stress unnecessarily as to whether I have it all correct.

• Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Quiet around here?

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular
    Everyone's busy playing Overwatch ;)

11776-1.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Not me! I am watching tilers.

• Options
    I'm wondering if drinking hot chocolate and bourbon through a straw is classy or desperate

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I'm wondering if drinking hot chocolate and bourbon through a straw is classy or desperate

Both but in a good way.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I'm not sure but now I want some!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    are they mixed together? or separate?

• Options
    CuZZaCuZZa Khoo's Epic Mount Perth, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Classy and an amazing idea. Then again I am the person who wants his brother in law to send over a bottle of the new Bundy Salted Caramel Royal Liqueur to put on ice cream.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    CuZZa wrote: »

Classy and an amazing idea. Then again I am the person who wants his brother in law to send over a bottle of the new Bundy Salted Caramel Royal Liqueur to put on ice cream.

that also sounds amazing.

that's how I was introduced to Chambord. It was poured over vanilla ice cream.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    also I was under the impression it was not wise to speak german in Namibia because the germans had some unfortunate genocidal impulses in the region back in the early 20th century, but apparently it's positively encouraged and will help cross some language barriers. Also you can buy totally unironic nazi memorabilia in the gift shops.

Gonna be a weird trip.

Namibia is full of German shit

my eighteenth birthday cake was a Black Forest cake that we bought from a weird little bakery in a town in the middle of the desert. we ate it around a campfire with jackals prowling for the scraps, it was dope

I didn't see any Nazi paraphernalia though

• Options

A shot of bourbon in a hot chocolate is an excellent pre-bed drink.

• Options

A shot of bourbon in a hot chocolate is an excellent pre-bed drink.

it sounds delightful.

I was just picturing you with a hot cuppa cocoa in one hand and a snifter in the other.

And one of those hats with straws with a straw going into each drinking vessel.

the image amused me.

This discussion has been closed.