As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: Wally Goes West (SPOILERS)

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So thanks Flash arrow spoilers I guess?

Oliver lives to 86? God damn and I thought supernatural had too many seasons...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    skeldare wrote: »
    Can't wait for next week, though wish it was a 2 hour season finale.

Though, I might be a little confused but re: Barry/Lyla
    How was he able to call her to get Oliver? Wasn't she still being held by Ra's or did I miss something on Arrow?

@Skeldare The episodes are airing out of order because the Arrow took a week off but the Flash kept airing.
    So Flash is 1 episode ahead in the airing timeline and by then a bunch of stuff has probably been sorted out in Arrow which might be why he was able to be reached.

Morblitz on
    3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    THAT WAS SO GOOD. HOLY SHIT THAT FERRIS AIR REFERENCE.

This is my favorite show. AoS is also amazing, but holy shit this show.
    Ray Palmer nanites! Wheelchair battery! That fight at the end! Wells stealing Cisco's soda!

This is the best show.'

So next week's preview, I wonder if we're gonna get
    "You're not Oliver, Oliver died on that raft, Oliver died and you lived... you're his father... Robert Queen." Cause Bruce isn't around!

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Morblitz wrote: »
    Can't wait for next week, though wish it was a 2 hour season finale.

Though, I might be a little confused but re: Barry/Lyla
    How was he able to call her to get Oliver? Wasn't she still being held by Ra's or did I miss something on Arrow?

@Skeldare The episodes are airing out of order because the Arrow took a week off but the Flash kept airing.
    So Flash is 1 episode ahead in the airing timeline and by then a bunch of stuff has probably been sorted out in Arrow which might be why he was able to be reached.

I guess that makes sense... damn television and weird scheduling.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Man, if someone told me a few years ago that I would be watching Green Arrow do kung fu to Reverse-Flash in live action I would have called that person a liar and then followed them home to poop on their lawn like an unruly dog.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    It was all great except for Joe's complete lack of response to what the hell is Barry supposed to do with all the super powered killers they have locked up. That entire plot line was filled with stupid of one form or another.

Rest was great, though, so overall what everyone already said.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I'm so disappointed in this show. They never show us anything about how the meta prison works, and Joe never raises any concerns about its illegality.
    I kid, I kid!

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Everyone is going to want this .gif anyways

http://i.imgur.com/tq3lczl.gif

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I think the only viable solution to the meta prison problem is to make Joe and Eddie into a "Metahuman Task Force," then deputize Cisco and Caitlin into that team. Use the Pipeline as temporary holding while Iron Heights constructs cells specifically tailored to the meta in question. It probably wouldn't take very long to make a mirrored cell, or one that was airtight. Might take a bit longer to build one Mardon can't tear down.

• Options
    Who buys return labels? Also Eddie good lord you are terrible, like Iris level bad.

For everyone else who thought Peekaboo was not a bad meta, I hope you learned your lesson.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I'll give Eddie a pass since he's right and he clearly has PTSD

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular

From being kidnapped or dating Iris?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Everyone is going to want this .gif anyways

http://i.imgur.com/tq3lczl.gif

The amount of times I smiled or said "Oh man!" during the course of this show has been too many to count.

Just captures the fun and goofinest of comics perfectly and somehow makes it work.

There's more joy and respect for the source material in five minutes of Flash than there was in the entire of MoS.

• Options

Yeah we know he's right, but how the hell do you trust crazy ass not wells and his magic future machine? Its not like he predicted anything else you can trust. I mean at this point all Barry would have had to do to break them up is have a joke paper made that said he and Iris have like 9 kids dated one year later and bam eddie would have broken up with her.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    In my brain, I know "costume ring" is dumb. In my heart, all I can hear is "COSTUME RIIIIIIIING!"

Doesn't hurt that the way they had it work was fucking awesome.
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah we know he's right, but how the hell do you trust crazy ass not wells and his magic future machine? Its not like he predicted anything else you can trust. I mean at this point all Barry would have had to do to break them up is have a joke paper made that said he and Iris have like 9 kids dated one year later and bam eddie would have broken up with her.

Well, Eddie says his reasoning isn't based on what Wells said. Eddie really does have a point about what their relationship has been like, and Eddie is a cop; he's going to notice the sorts of details that would make him doubt the relationship.

• Options
    I just couldn't help but notice yet again a man in Iris's life was telling her how things will go. "No you love Barry, that's that nothing can ever change."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well in this case Eddie wants to end it on his terms. He's not trying to rob her of agency he's just telling her that it won't work and it'd be unfair to both of them to keep up a facade

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Seemed like way too much giving up to me, and again relying on evil Wells to tell him things won't work which again seems dubious.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Well in this case Eddie wants to end it on his terms. He's not trying to rob her of agency he's just telling her that it won't work and it'd be unfair to both of them to keep up a facade

It's just, destiny is bullshit. Every time you fuck around with the past (and, to be clear, the Flashverse is timefucked), you create a new future. If Eddie decides that he cares about Iris (for some reason; she's cute I guess), then maybe Iris West-Allen never comes to be. Maybe it still does, after she and Eddie give it their best shot and everyone is in different circumstances (and 90s-feminist hyphenated names apparently come back into style).

Of course, Eddie is a cop, not a speculative science fiction author or temporal theorist, so I guess I can see where he's coming from.

• Options
    The Paper byline changes with history though with even minor stuff like a case of the yips. So Barry does in fact marry Iris in the next five years or the byline would change.

• Options
    The Paper byline changes with history though with even minor stuff like a case of the yips. So Barry does in fact marry Iris in the next five years or the byline would change.

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I guess Eddie has never heard of the concept of divorce.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Well, if someone from the future shows me proof that the girl I'm dating is 100 percent going to dump me for her step brother sometime soon but may get divorced at a later day so I've got a shot, I'm still taking that as a sign that I need to walk away.

• Options
    So Eddie is a time bomb of some sort now right? Otherwise why leave your "insurance" behind? Did he mess with his brain? Swap bodies? He's acting fairly screwed up and dehydrated, but we saw him pretty peppy earlier. Now that was a day or two, but he seemed really beat up.

• Options

Well, if someone from the future shows me proof that the girl I'm dating is 100 percent going to dump me for her step brother sometime soon but may get divorced at a later day so I've got a shot, I'm still taking that as a sign that I need to walk away.

It could also mean that Iris divorced Eddie before marrying Barry so he could have seen it as a chance to avoid divorce.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    So Eddie is a time bomb of some sort now right? Otherwise why leave your "insurance" behind? Did he mess with his brain? Swap bodies? He's acting fairly screwed up and dehydrated, but we saw him pretty peppy earlier. Now that was a day or two, but he seemed really beat up.

Nah he was just a pawn to distract the team looking all over the city instead of investigating star labs and discovering wells was really hiding there. If eddie isn't kidnapped Barry wouldn't spend all his time running around the city looking for him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

My first thought was that it wasn't Eddie, since he was talking about clues that were "right in front of you." Suggested that Eobard had replaced him already... though that doesn't really bear out with the rest of the episode.

• Options

My first thought was that it wasn't Eddie, since he was talking about clues that were "right in front of you." Suggested that Eobard had replaced him already... though that doesn't really bear out with the rest of the episode.

Yeah it seemed super weird. But then Eobard showed up wait a second time travel.

Wait, liquid only really rises when time travel shenanigans are happening right? Not necessarily "Because RF is around" like Cisco said?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

Yeah we know he's right, but how the hell do you trust crazy ass not wells and his magic future machine?

He was starving, hadn't had enough to drink - which does not put you in the clearest frame of mind to begin with - and had nothing to do for entire days except sit there and brood over every single moment with him and Barry and Iris ever.

The fact that it was a supervillain who started him thinking about it is basically immaterial. His own brain would have done 99% of the work.

• Options
    Must have been the return labels. He gets out of captivity, sees those and just is like "that's it no more, who orders 2000 return labels even by accident? A crazy person thats who!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It was kind of weird how they kind of just forgot about the
    ARGUS plane crash. A plane crash is kind of a big deal and a lot of people probably died.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    I might have forgotten but was Tawne's motive behind ruining Eddie's and Iris' relationship?

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    I might have forgotten but was Tawne's motive behind ruining Eddie's and Iris' relationship?

He just really hates Iris.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

Nah its Barry, clearly he's seen the future and knows the best way to make him miserable is to make sure he marries Iris.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Okay episode, but you could see the result coming from a mile away.
    At least they didn't directly quote the scorpion and the frog story, even if they were following it a little obviously.

A couple of questions:
    When did they get a Cyclops copy in the meta-Prison? Did I miss an episode?
    And did no-one suggest just keeping them unconscious for the whole trip? It seemed to work fine.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

If he's Eddie's direct descendant (which we don't know for sure - Eddie might be a great-whatever uncle or cousin) then Thawne has a really obvious motive: it's to make sure that Eddie marries the right person so that he, Eobard, can eventually be born. It's the Back to the Future thing.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Cyclops villain came from Arrow, Ollie and Crew caught him. And drugging people for extended periods of time is very dangerous to the people.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular

Nah its Barry, clearly he's seen the future and knows the best way to make him miserable is to make sure he marries Iris.

Haha, that made me laugh. It's Lana Lang all over again.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Okay episode, but you could see the result coming from a mile away.
    At least they didn't directly quote the scorpion and the frog story, even if they were following it a little obviously.

A couple of questions:
    When did they get a Cyclops copy in the meta-Prison? Did I miss an episode?
    And did no-one suggest just keeping them unconscious for the whole trip? It seemed to work fine.

Kinda hard to gas the entire truck that long without overdosing them I'd guess. Can't do specific to person since they're all in the same truck.

Deathbolt showed up on Arrow too, so that might be what you missed?

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

If he's Eddie's direct descendant (which we don't know for sure - Eddie might be a great-whatever uncle or cousin) then Thawne has a really obvious motive: it's to make sure that Eddie marries the right person so that he, Eobard, can eventually be born. It's the Back to the Future thing.

I'm just sad we never got Wells version of a classic rock anthem to make sure Eddie hooks up with Hilda at the police ball.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.