As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Tickets & Robert Khoo

13»

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular

When I had to do this, I asked a person I respect on Twitter signal boost me. For example, I used Patrick Klepek from GiantBomb. It's not a perfect method but unlike a known place like the Reddit forum, opportunists probably aren't camping every game personality feed in hopes to score a ticket for resale.

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Easiest way to unload is Craigslist the weekend of the con.

No way to tell if it's a scalper or legit buyer, though honestly the best way I've found is to "scalp" them yourself...list them at above face, arrange to sell them above face, then when you meet the person just charge them face value.

Scalpels aren't going to bite on that, I'd think. I've done it a couple times.

• gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    The reddit thread was a great source for me to get rid of an extra set of tickets we bought for my brother last year. You can usually tell if the person on the other end is legit if they stay in good communication with you. I met the guy in the lobby of the Sheraton and handed them to him in person. He was super excited, probably because he was also concerned about potential shadiness. Also, you can try to find a facebook group for the biggest city near you and look for people in there that are needing badges.