Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WOW] Look at me, I'm flying ! Woooo ! (after the servers come up)

19394969899

Posts

  • JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    Mc zany wrote: »
    There is a cave right by the entrance to Gorgond (from frostfire) that has ogres that literally respawn faster than you can sweep the area.

    I know what I'll be doing later then. Thanks for the tip!

    404 not found
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Iskar down, was a piece of piss.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Mugsleycrimsoncoyote
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Did the Mythic mechanics ever even happen for your group? We killed the new add before it could even do anything.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Nope. We got hit by riposte a few times when we first started and if we had DPS dead then we got the links, but on the kill we didn't get any. We were short on ranged so we actually did the last phase instead of just burning the boss as well. The bloody servers went down for like 30 minutes after that and our hunter had to take off so we haven't gotten much done on Soc.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    If you have a good tank in the construct soccrothar is even easier than iskar. If your construct person is on target with trapping the haunting spirits, then all mythic soccrothar consists of is burning him, killing a dominator, burning him some more, killing another dominator, and then burning him to dead. The End.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    socrethar's phase 2 is actually easier on mythic I think, because of how the dominators work

    you have to iron out phase one but that doesn't take too many attempts

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Using the ring on pull means you barely get a phase one at all.

    We had to stop dps or we were going to push him before our first prison to trap the mythic add.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The dominators are still going to be a pain for me personally, because fuck me there's gonna be like 12 of these debuffs out at once.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    The P1 debuff also hits really goddamn hard. It does like 60k a tick for 5 seconds, and there's usually 4-8 of them out at once. We didn't get a lot done, like I said because our hunter had to take off and we didn't have someone who knew what they were doing with the add kiting. We tried killing it, but it was a huge pain in the ass because people are bad at stunning.

    Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Thanks to this pet holiday buff a level 1 goes to level 17 when I beat a MoP trainer with them in tow so I'm readily running out of pets to level. I'm down to 5 left in my levelling queue and they'll be finished off by Saturday so at that point I don't know if I'll grab some random other pets to level or just stop.

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Well I when I beat the Pet Trainer that sometimes shows up I had a pet go from 1 to 21 and that's without the hat or the stuff either

  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The P1 debuff also hits really goddamn hard. It does like 60k a tick for 5 seconds, and there's usually 4-8 of them out at once. We didn't get a lot done, like I said because our hunter had to take off and we didn't have someone who knew what they were doing with the add kiting. We tried killing it, but it was a huge pain in the ass because people are bad at stunning.

    You're not meant to kill it. As soon as it goes below 50% health it picks a new target and refreshes its health. Trying to kill the add is a huge waste of dps that should be on soccrothars construct.

    If you're healing then yeah, I guess whatever debuff it is that healers have to keep constantly dispelling is a thing to worry about, but I've never healed the fight so I don't even know what its called.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Like everything else on Mythic, the debuff is called "Fuck Healers I mean srsly WTF"

    Geth
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The P1 debuff also hits really goddamn hard. It does like 60k a tick for 5 seconds, and there's usually 4-8 of them out at once. We didn't get a lot done, like I said because our hunter had to take off and we didn't have someone who knew what they were doing with the add kiting. We tried killing it, but it was a huge pain in the ass because people are bad at stunning.

    You're not meant to kill it. As soon as it goes below 50% health it picks a new target and refreshes its health. Trying to kill the add is a huge waste of dps that should be on soccrothars construct.

    If you're healing then yeah, I guess whatever debuff it is that healers have to keep constantly dispelling is a thing to worry about, but I've never healed the fight so I don't even know what its called.

    You CAN kill them though. They're not invincible, they're just a pain in the ass.

    The debuff is the one the dominator gives out, the big circle. On normal/heroic, you get 2 per dominator. Mythic is 4. You get less dominators, but more debuffs that also do more damage. The dispellable one comes from the shadowcasters.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Like everything else on Mythic, the debuff is called "Fuck Healers I mean srsly WTF"

    Pfft, healers have it easy. DPS have a way harder job keeping on top of all the mechanics.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Ran a pug mannoroth & archimonde and finally got my class trinket for my holy paladin alt. Now with 2pc and the trinket her healing will be much more solid.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Is it another instance of "fuck the melee?"

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Viskod wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    The P1 debuff also hits really goddamn hard. It does like 60k a tick for 5 seconds, and there's usually 4-8 of them out at once. We didn't get a lot done, like I said because our hunter had to take off and we didn't have someone who knew what they were doing with the add kiting. We tried killing it, but it was a huge pain in the ass because people are bad at stunning.

    You're not meant to kill it. As soon as it goes below 50% health it picks a new target and refreshes its health. Trying to kill the add is a huge waste of dps that should be on soccrothars construct.

    If you're healing then yeah, I guess whatever debuff it is that healers have to keep constantly dispelling is a thing to worry about, but I've never healed the fight so I don't even know what its called.

    You CAN kill them though. They're not invincible, they're just a pain in the ass.

    The debuff is the one the dominator gives out, the big circle. On normal/heroic, you get 2 per dominator. Mythic is 4. You get less dominators, but more debuffs that also do more damage. The dispellable one comes from the shadowcasters.

    You're confused then. You don't have to deal with 12 Marks. Only 8 in two sets of 4.

    Four people get the mark when the first Dominator comes out, then when the second Dominator comes out, those previous Marks expire and four new targets are chosen.

    You only ever have to deal with Four at a time.

    As for killing the Phase One add? Yeah....you can deal with it that way, but you can also get rid of Mark of Doom on Mannoroth by jumping off the side of the platform. I wouldn't advise either.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I mean, you have to kill the add eventually; you probably want to just have a person kite it and then kill it as you transition from P1 to P2 though.

    the debuff in phase one isn't something you can cleanse, but the damage from it also isn't so bad. In phase two the agony debuffs will eventually become overwhelming since you probably can't keep up on the caster adds forever, but they're only really a high priority when they fall on targets who also have gift. A couple of timely mass dispels help also

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    No, you don't have to kill the add ever.

    You trap it in the first Prison that the construct casts in Phase 1, which should happen right before the move to Phase 2.

    You never have to kill it. You never need to kill it. It's a waste of dps and time.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    will it stay in the prison forever? I thought the prisons only lasted a minute or something like that

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The trap will fade, but your construct can put more down if you need them.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah, that's what I thought

    I dunno, I guess if your construct tank can keep it trapped it's no big deal, but it also only takes like 10s to kill it. Probably much easier to just have a three stun order and nuke it down than put more on your construct guy's plate

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I am telling you from experience. It is not. The Construct is constantly putting out Fel Prisons anyway because you imprison every ghost wave and never touch them.

    Artereis wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Viskod. 1 out of every 10 people just happens to be a monster.
  • RoeRoe Registered User regular
    Started playing my druid again after a long time. Pretty refreshing after playing my paladin, also I'm massively op with heirlooms.

    InfamyDeferredArthil
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't know why I bother signing up for Mythic raids when immediately after Heroic Archimonde I'm benched in favor of ranged DPS who keep fucking dying to stupid shit. I'm not even the lowest performing DPS, I was literally doing twice that of a warrior and because I died ONCE in the actual kill after several wipes of being right underneath the higher-geared Unholy DK in DPS I'm the one who gets sat. Not sure how much longer I'll be playing if this continues. I could understand being sat if I'm underperforming but I'm not only doing better than several ranged but by a large margin and I don't fuck up at mechanics repeatedly! Further, all the other Trials in the guild have been promoted to the Raider rank while I'm left behind.

    I put in the work to clear Mythic BRF over three weeks and get benched on the Blackhand kill while being ensured that the guild would kill it again, only for the guild to decide they don't want to bother unless they can get someone locked to Blackhand already. I put in the effort for Mythic HFC and am there for all the wipes then get sat on the kills because they want another healer and keep the fuck-up ranged.

    I know melee is not an ideal choice compared to range in raids but this goes beyond that and I'm quickly growing sick of it.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    you need to bring this up with your raid leader and/or officers, and let their response dictate your next move

    things will not improve by themselves

    a DPS who quietly tolerates being sat is always going to be the first one to be sat if needed, because hey, why wouldn't you sit the guy who appears happy to be sat? If you don't speak up, they have no idea you're unhappy.

    They may be cunts and not care if you're happy or not, and of course if they respond that way, then you'll know you're wasting your time there.

    Dhalphir on
    SmrtnikNobodyBobblecrimsoncoyoteHalfmexbowenNyht
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    just find a different raid

    you will not correct that type of behavior

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
    Smrtnik
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    uninstanced highmaul is pretty goddamn majestic

    i didn't realise how high up the teleport to Twins actually took you compared with the first four bosses.

    SamphisSmrtnikArthil
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    you need to bring this up with your raid leader and/or officers, and let their response dictate your next move

    things will not improve by themselves

    a DPS who quietly tolerates being sat is always going to be the first one to be sat if needed, because hey, why wouldn't you sit the guy who appears happy to be sat? If you don't speak up, they have no idea you're unhappy.

    They may be cunts and not care if you're happy or not, and of course if they respond that way, then you'll know you're wasting your time there.

    If I get sat pre-emptively on Kormrok tonight I definitely will be. Because looking over the logs, I may be doing less DPS than some people but I'm doing more damage than them, even the Unholy DK.

    I fully expect to be given the reason to cut my last ties.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Doing Tanaan dailies with flying + a stables is just, so great. Don't even have to kill anything for bonus objectives, just fly around and interact with the glowing items. Takes a little longer, but effort level is way lower.

    Bobble
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Also join a group through the Group Finder. You fly around and grab shinies, they kill stuff, you finish way faster.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Ironhold Harbour is the best objective for this, because you can interact with the items, plus also pick up the ammo and bombs to supplement that with killing huge swathes of enemies with the bombs and cannons.

  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Harbor and Front are my two, with Ruins and Fel Forge as my backups. Front I can loot the bandages from the air and heal up the soldiers without even landing.

    camo_sig2.png
    PSN: AuthorFrost
    mageofstorm.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Before flying I did the Tanaan dailies as my rogue as I could just stealth past all the trash

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Harbor and Front are my two, with Ruins and Fel Forge as my backups. Front I can loot the bandages from the air and heal up the soldiers without even landing.

    and if the two banner defense objectives are active, that's 50% of the objective right there + people will always help + it's 2-4 of your apexis thingys for the daily too

  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    mages are so strong guys, my ilvl 650 mage puts out 30k+ DPS. How is that fair?

  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I have the distinct feeling I'm lacking a horrible amount of Haste on my frost mage.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
    Brainleech
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Mages are horrendously luck based at mythic levels. It's just ugh.

    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    Viskod
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I can do pretty good damage, but it feels like it's hard to keep it consistent. The majority of my stats are in Mastery and Multistrike, the first not being ideal for Frost.

    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: ArthilCwcuLUM.jpg
This discussion has been closed.