As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Wrestling Thread] Is Experiencing Some Hard Times

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure CM Punk had CM Punk merchandise that called him CM Punk even though he can still call himself CM Punk outside of the WWE.

CM Punk.

Yeah but no way are WWE going to do that type of deal again.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I want to buy a suplex city shirt and tape over the brock lesnar part and write "becky lynch" on the tape

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

It's probably a Punk-like deal where they didn't want or he wouldn't let them change it

Also all his scheduled indy bookings will still happen including the one on Friday, dunno if any more will be announced (there were rumors his deal included being allowed to do indy stuff and that's why the August indy appearance announcement was allowed to be made near the same time as HHH's conference call)

• Options
    David_T wrote: »

I'm pretty sure CM Punk had CM Punk merchandise that called him CM Punk even though he can still call himself CM Punk outside of the WWE.

CM Punk.

Yeah but no way are WWE going to do that type of deal again.

for a guy like samoa joe that is most likely a Special Guest Star, in the long run? I bet they would

• Options
    Man I hope they at least let Joe be an opponent for Cena's open challenge.

I know it's far too late for him to be a top guy on the main roster but I'd like to see him work Raw and Network events for a year or so.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I really liked the show overall

The matches themselves were all solid to fucking amazing but not a fan of the endings of a couple of them

That Becky/Sasha match was something else though holy shit those ladies

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    NXT is great.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Also I keep looking at my post during sami's entrance and snickering.

"let's fuckling god" indeed.

it turns out typing while standing on top of your chair is tricky.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Facetious, are you inebriated

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So story wise, what's the deal with someone taking out Itami in the parking lot? Was a person named without a doubt as the attacker?

If not...commentary was too quick to blame Owens, and be couldn't have done it himself because as soon as Itami started screaming Owens was still getting out of his car. For now, my money is on Uhaa. Just because.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    I really hope Sasha is IRL jealous that Becky got to Magic the Gathering cosplay before she did

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Only on love and hype!

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    So story wise, what's the deal with someone taking out Itami in the parking lot? Was a person named without a doubt as the attacker?

If not...commentary was too quick to blame Owens, and be couldn't have done it himself because as soon as Itami started screaming Owens was still getting out of his car. For now, my money is on Uhaa. Just because.

the phantom of full sail strikes!

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    Dapper so jealous!!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    those pictures are awesome but they are also huuuuuuuge

• Options

the phantom of full sail strikes!

I FREAKING HOPE SO

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015

I think the idea of it was Owens put out a hit on one of the top contenders because of his saying "That's too bad" as he walked by.

I think Alexa Bliss did it. She ruins everything great.

Magell on
  • Options
    Yeah, you should link those pictures, they're a meg each.

• Options
    but yeah I was talking about it earlier and someone else pointed it out too, the ratio of women to men being 8:10 (I guess 11 if you count Joe?) is fucking like

awesome.

And again, even in Carmella's (and now Alexa's) case, even if they're partnered with guys they're still legitimate competitors and their characters have agency.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I didn't see the entirety of Balor/Breeze but I think that for the first time the Women's match was the clear match of the night.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Oh so something I don't think the cameras showed. Might be a spoiler for the taping
    Zack Ryder and Mojo were sitting together.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I hope they let Joe keep his Powerbomb-STF. Have him break it out against Cena and have it become a match type at a PPV. Winner keeps the STF. Loser is banned from using the move until his opponent gives him permission.

They should just bill Joe as a bulldozer. Kevin fights, Sami surprises, Itami kicks, Balor hunts, and Joe....Joe destroys.

• Options
    With Payback, Raw, NXT just now, SD tomorrow, NJPW Friday, and Anarchy Wrestling plus ROH TV Saturday, I think I might OD on wrestling this week.

• Options
    Maybe Itami wasn't attacked. Maybe he just ate too much waffle house before the show.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    ChandraBecky2_zpsemhc7vdw.png

Chandra Lynch, Ride or Die

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    I legitimately have no idea where Steampunk/MTG Becky came from and I could not care less

Also is she a face now? Cause she definitely seemed like a face by the end of that match

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I didn't see the entirety of Balor/Breeze but I think that for the first time the Women's match was the clear match of the night.

imo the women's match has never not been the highlight of the show except for Zayn/Cesaro at arrival

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    More steampunk in wrestling

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Becky Lynch

Ride

Or

Die

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I legitimately have no idea where Steampunk/MTG Becky came from and I could not care less

Also is she a face now? Cause she definitely seemed like a face by the end of that match

Spoiler: She's always been a face.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options

imo the women's match has never not been the highlight of the show except for Zayn/Cesaro at arrival

And even then Emma/Paige was phenomenal.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Becky Lynch

kPardJC.png

RIDE OR DIE

EaDZXg5.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Meltzer makes a good point that WWE indirectly keeps killing off competing promotions by basically making them match their production values an impossibility.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Just got home and settled. It was a great show. I was on the side with the cameras where they pu the wheelchairs, so I won't be on film.
    Before the show I saw Marcus and Slyvester getting lunch. Cass and Drake also picked up lunch at different times.

As I was sobering up and charging my phone in my truck I witnessed a hook up with a fan and a wrestler I won't name. Behind the trailer for some grinding and roaming hands.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Just finished with Takeover...

HOLY SHIT SAMOA JOE

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Meltzer makes a good point that WWE indirectly keeps killing off competing promotions by basically making them match their production values an impossibility.
    Huh

You don't have to match WWE production values to be good

I mean jesus Chikara looks like its budget is a 5 dollar bill and a 25% off coupon to Red Lobster and I love that shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Huh

I mean jesus Chikara looks like its budget is a 5 dollar bill and a 25% off coupon to Red Lobster and I love that shit

Yeah, but Chikara isn't really one of WWE's competitors. TNA wanted to be.

• Options
    Huh

Competing with them on a national level. We'll see how GFW does.

This discussion has been closed.